Callington Town Reserves    0-7    Polperro 
Sticker Reserves    1-2    Millbrook Reserves 

ST PIRAN FOOTBALL     LEAGUE WEST
Hayle    0-0   Redruth United 
Perranwell    0-4    Penryn Athletic 
St Day    3-1    St Agnes 
St Ives Town    5-0    Ludgvan

PERRANWELL  (0) 0

PENRYN   (1) 4       OG 28’  Bradley Leivers 53’  Tyler Cooke 78’  Jack Rapsey 83’

ATT: 62

REF: George Pattison  10/10 Excellent 

MOM: Luke Osborne (Penryn)

Penryn came away with a well earned 3 points to maintain their 100% start to the season and more importantly top of the league. Spoke to old mates Fish and Reesy before the game and they said they had a few out including Adam Hayne one of the leagues best keepers. You wouldn’t have known it as the hosts looked solid at the back with man mountains Phil Rees and Dave Standing soaking up the early visitors attacks with stand in keeper Dave Angell punching a couple dangerous crosses to safety. It took until the 17th minute for the impressive Luke Osborne to knock an exquisite pass into the path of Luke Shaw who ran on and despite having his ankles clipped twice still managed to keep his feet and hit his shot against the post but the usual excellent referee Mr George Pattison who tried to play some great advantage all night had already seen enough to award the penalty but Ryan Reeve stepped up to smash his spot kick against the base of the post. Another ten minutes elapsed before Penryn did go ahead when a ball into the box from quarter back esq Osborne saw Bradley Leivers header take a heavy deflection off a defender and squeeze inside the far post. Five minutes later a ball from Jack Rapsey was clipped into Leivers feet but despite his sharp turn he shot over from 15 yards. The hosts then had a decent ten minute spell before the break when striker Liam Paddock turned and shot but keeper Ben Mitchell back in the side after injury did really well to reflex save with his foot. Paddock got away again on the left and this time his shot was well tipped over the bar by Mitchell. Penryn came flying out the traps 2nd half and within five minutes Rapsey drilled in a cross from the right that went right across the face of goal and it didn’t take Penryn long to double the lead on 53 minutes when after some great one touch interplay between Rapsey and Shaw saw Leivers shoot across Angell and inside the far post. The hosts did have a rare dangerous attack in the 66th minute when a strong left wing run and cross from Matt Lane was halted by the immense Penryn skipper Russell May who was once again in the right place at the right time to hack away the danger. Penryn were making the most of the famous “Well” slope and Reggie May crossed for Rapsey to shoot past the far post before a Harry Roberts drilled pass resulted in Rapsey’s sublime touch into the path of the speedy Reeve which saw him leave the defence for dead only to have his shot from the right well saved by Angell at his near post in the 72nd minute. The visitors scored that all important third goal in the 78th minute when Reeve raced away down the right once again and cut it back to Rapsey whose shot was well parried out by Angell only for substitute Tyler Cooke to celebrate his return from injury by finishing off the rebound from eight yards. The game was all over in the 83rd minute when Rapsey chased down a ball over the top and managed to nip in between Rees and Angell before rolling the ball into the net from the edge of the area. Two minutes later the unlucky Reeve raced clear again but under pressure his shot was once again well saved by the feet of Angell who was proving an able deputy between the sticks. The last chance went to the hosts when a superb 40 yard diagonal cross field pass from right back to left wing by sub Mark Trethewey saw another sub Ben Manley spring the offside trap but his finish rolled the wrong side of the far post. Good to see some old Perranwell legends there tonight still supporting the club, Kempy and Jacko along with Racheal back in the tea hut for the night and she said after the match that with the bucket going around and the teas they raised £99 tonight. No doubt the watching Tom Trust was one of the recipients of the said cup of teas!? Good evenings footy but a couple of knocks to important players for Penryn with Wendron away next up on Saturday the only downside to another great victory.

8 hours ago, RAPPO said:

PERRANWELL  (0) 0

PENRYN   (1) 4       OG 28’  Bradley Leivers 53’  Tyler Cooke 78’  Jack Rapsey 83’

ATT: 62

REF: George Pattison  10/10 Excellent 

MOM: Luke Osborne (Penryn)

Penryn came away with a well earned 3 points to maintain their 100% start to the season and more importantly top of the league. Spoke to old mates Fish and Reesy before the game and they said they had a few out including Adam Hayne one of the leagues best keepers. You wouldn’t have known it as the hosts looked solid at the back with man mountains Phil Rees and Dave Standing soaking up the early visitors attacks with stand in keeper Dave Angell punching a couple dangerous crosses to safety. It took until the 17th minute for the impressive Luke Osborne to knock an exquisite pass into the path of Luke Shaw who ran on and despite having his ankles clipped twice still managed to keep his feet and hit his shot against the post but the usual excellent referee Mr George Pattison who tried to play some great advantage all night had already seen enough to award the penalty but Ryan Reeve stepped up to smash his spot kick against the base of the post. Another ten minutes elapsed before Penryn did go ahead when a ball into the box from quarter back esq Osborne saw Bradley Leivers header take a heavy deflection off a defender and squeeze inside the far post. Five minutes later a ball from Jack Rapsey was clipped into Leivers feet but despite his sharp turn he shot over from 15 yards. The hosts then had a decent ten minute spell before the break when striker Liam Paddock turned and shot but keeper Ben Mitchell back in the side after injury did really well to reflex save with his foot. Paddock got away again on the left and this time his shot was well tipped over the bar by Mitchell. Penryn came flying out the traps 2nd half and within five minutes Rapsey drilled in a cross from the right that went right across the face of goal and it didn’t take Penryn long to double the lead on 53 minutes when after some great one touch interplay between Rapsey and Shaw saw Leivers shoot across Angell and inside the far post. The hosts did have a rare dangerous attack in the 66th minute when a strong left wing run and cross from Matt Lane was halted by the immense Penryn skipper Russell May who was once again in the right place at the right time to hack away the danger. Penryn were making the most of the famous “Well” slope and Reggie May crossed for Rapsey to shoot past the far post before a Harry Roberts drilled pass resulted in Rapsey’s sublime touch into the path of the speedy Reeve which saw him leave the defence for dead only to have his shot from the right well saved by Angell at his near post in the 72nd minute. The visitors scored that all important third goal in the 78th minute when Reeve raced away down the right once again and cut it back to Rapsey whose shot was well parried out by Angell only for substitute Tyler Cooke to celebrate his return from injury by finishing off the rebound from eight yards. The game was all over in the 83rd minute when Rapsey chased down a ball over the top and managed to nip in between Rees and Angell before rolling the ball into the net from the edge of the area. Two minutes later the unlucky Reeve raced clear again but under pressure his shot was once again well saved by the feet of Angell who was proving an able deputy between the sticks. The last chance went to the hosts when a superb 40 yard diagonal cross field pass from right back to left wing by sub Mark Trethewey saw another sub Ben Manley spring the offside trap but his finish rolled the wrong side of the far post. Good to see some old Perranwell legends there tonight still supporting the club, Kempy and Jacko along with Racheal back in the tea hut for the night and she said after the match that with the bucket going around and the teas they raised £99 tonight. No doubt the watching Tom Trust was one of the recipients of the said cup of teas!? Good evenings footy but a couple of knocks to important players for Penryn with Wendron away next up on Saturday the only downside to another great victory.

Can only see the same 3 team's challenging again this year. Penryn, Perranporth and St.Day. Penryn with Young Rappo are favourites in my eyes but Perran got the ability to get in any player if needed to strengthen and St.Day have lost a couple player's this season but still have a goal threat with Richards and Wills up front.

Yes, had me cuppa and bought Older the one I owe him. No need for me to write up the game. Wasn't near a computer last night and I don't know my password for this site so can't connect my not-very-smart Phone up to post from that!

Nice strong cuppa, mind - and out of a POT, none of this tea-bag stuff with all the mess. You don't often see a big tea pot at events these days, probably some EU 'elf 'n' safety balderdash!

Thought 4 - 0 a bit harsh - the gap wasn't that wide.

Question: playing advantage. Perhaps a ref can come on here and explain for me. As Rappo has described above, Luke Shaw was clipped but george played the advantage. That I understand. But the advantage just happened to be wasted. Shaw hit the bar. Advantage allowed but squandered. So why give the penalty retrospectively? What does the advantage rule say? That if retained possession after a foul is wasted, by shooting wide or passing badly or whatever, never mind, son, have a free kick instead? I don't understand - you see it all the time, not just last night. Someone?

Cracking game, good crowd, good conversations, good banter, bit of gossip - brilliant. Pitched looked great.

(Not a referee). My view on the advantage is that it is a feeble, but nonetheless welcome, attempt to stop the “professional foul”. It gives the offended 2 chances to make something happen. If they brought back the red card for such offences as well, it would make it a better game for the spectators as these type of offences would quickly disappear.

43 minutes ago, Tom Trust said:

Yes, had me cuppa and bought Older the one I owe him. No need for me to write up the game. Wasn't near a computer last night and I don't know my password for this site so can't connect my not-very-smart Phone up to post from that!

Nice strong cuppa, mind - and out of a POT, none of this tea-bag stuff with all the mess. You don't often see a big tea pot at events these days, probably some EU 'elf 'n' safety balderdash!

Thought 4 - 0 a bit harsh - the gap wasn't that wide.

Question: playing advantage. Perhaps a ref can come on here and explain for me. As Rappo has described above, Luke Shaw was clipped but george played the advantage. That I understand. But the advantage just happened to be wasted. Shaw hit the bar. Advantage allowed but squandered. So why give the penalty retrospectively? What does the advantage rule say? That if retained possession after a foul is wasted, by shooting wide or passing badly or whatever, never mind, son, have a free kick instead? I don't understand - you see it all the time, not just last night. Someone?

Cracking game, good crowd, good conversations, good banter, bit of gossip - brilliant. Pitched looked great.

Ref Pattison absolutely right to bring it back for the penalty last night - Shaw through on goal only to have his heels clipped, stumble and struggle to get any clean connection on his shot, with it slowly striking the post. Only mistake I felt was that there was no card (red imo but not even a yellow) The defender made no genuine attempt to play the ball at all. If that's on the half way line stopping a counter attack it's a yellow card every day. 

4-0 flattered Perranwell - attack vs defence for 90 minutes. 

1 hour ago, InBrendanWeTrust said:

Ref Pattison absolutely right to bring it back for the penalty last night - Shaw through on goal only to have his heels clipped, stumble and struggle to get any clean connection on his shot, with it slowly striking the post. Only mistake I felt was that there was no card (red imo but not even a yellow) The defender made no genuine attempt to play the ball at all. If that's on the half way line stopping a counter attack it's a yellow card every day. 

Well done George, got it spot on as usual

9 hours ago, InBrendanWeTrust said:

I thought the stand in keeper did a good job between the sticks , Penryn are a good side but the village team did have 3 or 4 good chances as if they did score it could have been different. 

I thought the game was well reffed and both teams should be applauded for the way they got on with every decision George made .

34 minutes ago, Keith B said:

Absolutely. Knows the game inside out and most of the players too. Knows when and how to play the advantage. Top referee.

Like all people at the top of their game they have a presence about them and cannot be fooled or messed with.

That gives them respect and the authority to run the show, whether in football or life that is how it works. 

21 hours ago, Themanhimself said:

Luke Shaw hasn't signed on loan for penryn. It is jake Shaw who plays and is a very talented player 

Haha can only apologise to Jake!!  😂. Only been watching him play for 5 years!! I blame the night shifts!! Luke’s a decent player but reckon Jakes better to be honest! 👍👌

On 04/09/2019 at 10:23, InBrendanWeTrust said:

Five first team players out, outfield player as stand in keeper and the Well certainly weren't outplayed. Yes they had spells to defend, but they also had 3 or 4 decent chances they couldn't finish. Tom T had it about right, difference is Penryn took their chances. Great refereeing performance as usual from George. Unfortunately can't see us having full squad available until some time in October at best, fingers crossed that we don't lose anymore!

14 hours ago, Andys said:

Five first team players out, outfield player as stand in keeper and the Well certainly weren't outplayed. Yes they had spells to defend, but they also had 3 or 4 decent chances they couldn't finish. Tom T had it about right, difference is Penryn took their chances. Great refereeing performance as usual from George. Unfortunately can't see us having full squad available until some time in October at best, fingers crossed that we don't lose anymore!

Certainly weren’t outplayed 😮 what game were you watching?