DIVISION 3
Penzance Reserves    6-2    Holman Sports Club Reserves         
St Agnes Thirds        4-8    St Erme         
Troon AFC Reserves    3-3    Perranwell Reserves         

DIVISION 4
Chacewater        3-0    New Inn Titans Reserves    
Hayle Thirds        8-1    Goonhavern Athletic Reserves
Tregony FC        6-3    Falmouth United

Didn't take long for things to crumble at carharrack with their reserves pulling out of the league which is a real shame for a friendly club, Mr pope and his merrymen tut tut!

on another note I am going to take in the penwith game v illogan should be a beauty! Do they play on the grass pitch at mounts bay (last time I was there?!).

2 hours ago, Sijames said:

Didn't take long for things to crumble at carharrack with their reserves pulling out of the league which is a real shame for a friendly club, Mr pope and his merrymen tut tut!

on another note I am going to take in the penwith game v illogan should be a beauty! Do they play on the grass pitch at mounts bay (last time I was there?!).

Mr Pope didnt run the reserves, so you cant blame him for that.  Agree Penwith v Illogan should be a interesting game.

3 hours ago, Sijames said:

Pope took over a struggling junior side that got 20 points in the league the season before he joined.

Didn't carharrack Res has a few player's that Mr Pope brought over that wasn't good enough for the first team? I believe they are now worse off, all the local player's have had enough and left and they are now down to one team who will do well to finish the season, so the club might not exist come next year.

8 hours ago, willy7 said:

Didn't carharrack Res has a few player's that Mr Pope brought over that wasn't good enough for the first team? I believe they are now worse off, all the local player's have had enough and left and they are now down to one team who will do well to finish the season, so the club might not exist come next year.

From what I seen they have 30 players signed on for the 1st team with Brian working hard all the time to bring in players that can hold there own in the combo. 

You can't blame pope for going Penryn fanstatic set up and club and a chance for players to  push on and go up a league. Fair play to the players for wanting to do it. You only have to look at trelawney div 4 to see the players that have dropped down when in all fairness they could be playing higher. Players play for managers not a club always has been that way. 

Hope carharrack pull through rebuild under Brian and go forward. 

11 hours ago, willy7 said:

Nope. Actually what happened was Neil Hann was manager of Carharrack 2nd team but couldn't field a team and got docked many points & were bottom of the table on minus points. One of the first team players got sent off while helping the 2nds out during a midweek game. He couldn't play for the first team until he had missed 4 reserve games. Neil Hann resigned & the said player took over for the rest of the season bringing a few mates in to help out. The only player pope brought in was the manager who played both 1st and 2nd team fixtures throughout the 2nd half of the season as they rarely clashed. 

So Pope can not be blamed for the reserves folding whatsoever. 

2 hours ago, Roy D said:

Nope. Actually what happened was Neil Hann was manager of Carharrack 2nd team but couldn't field a team and got docked many points & were bottom of the table on minus points. One of the first team players got sent off while helping the 2nds out during a midweek game. He couldn't play for the first team until he had missed 4 reserve games. Neil Hann resigned & the said player took over for the rest of the season bringing a few mates in to help out. The only player pope brought in was the manager who played both 1st and 2nd team fixtures throughout the 2nd half of the season as they rarely clashed. 

When he first went to Carharrack didn't player's like Will Harvey come over but didn't make first team so then played second's. As a club/committee carharrack should never have got to the situation were one person has so much power, as soon as Mr Pope decide to move on which is fair enough because his team can keep pushing themselves up the league it was always going to be a struggle. Mr Chown hunger for success was always going to be short lived, hopefully not at the cost of the club folding.

4 hours ago, Roy D said:

Why did Mr Hann resign?

2 hours ago, willy7 said:

When he first went to Carharrack didn't player's like Will Harvey come over but didn't make first team so then played second's. As a club/committee carharrack should never have got to the situation were one person has so much power, as soon as Mr Pope decide to move on which is fair enough because his team can keep pushing themselves up the league it was always going to be a struggle. Mr Chown hunger for success was always going to be short lived, hopefully not at the cost of the club folding.

No, will Harvey played for tms 2nds and st erme. 

37 minutes ago, bighairydave said:

Why did Mr Hann resign?

He couldn't raise a side 

Penryn 3-3 Troon. 

Weird game today, Troon wanted it much more from the start, both sides having penalty’s. Penryn went In 3-2 at half time. Players missing didn’t give either side a lot of strength in depth and after a lot of chances missed by penryn in the second half a draw was the final result. Penryn extremely disappointed after, but and win and a draw is a positive start. 

Mariners 2 Four lanes 3.First game of the season really good performance and effort from everyone coming back from 2 nil down to just lose it with 10 mins to go.Top effort lads bring on the next game!! stuart lugg and joe tinsley with the mariners goals.thanks for the food at the pub a good bunch

Div 4

Chacewater 3 New Inn Titans Res. 0  h/t 1-0

Closely fought match well officiated by Matt Probin.

In the 20th minute Owen Dunstan ran down the right before pulling the ball back for the on-rushing James Martin to fire in.

Around the hour point Sam Dargue slipped Stuart Rowe through and he cleverly beat the young keeper and the same player was in the right position late on to tap the ball in after good build up play between Dunstan and Martin.

Two very fair assistants today in Gavin Bennetts and Kyle Harvey.

Match played in the correct way throughout and thanks to Titans for coming to the pub afterwards.

Chacewater 3 New Inn Res 0

we never got going today and let ourselves down against a well drilled side 

Really good to see a Chacewater side back in Cornish football

Good bunch and will be certainly a contender for winning the league this season

Well Reffed in one lf his first games and good to see to see new refs coming through and can only be a positive to the league with less games getting called off for lack of refs 

Falmouth town 3rds vs Redruth reserves 

really hot day for the players. Turn out that ref was giving much 3 blatant penalties should of been awarded to town. 

Really good game with Falmouth winning 8-1 which should of been a lot more. 

Needed result have losing a game we shouldn’t of on Wednesday with ten men. 

25 minutes ago, Townfan09 said:

really hot day for the players. Turn out that ref was giving much 3 blatant penalties should of been awarded to town. 

All I seen via this post was Moan moan moan and a little more moaning 

2 minutes ago, Magpie291 said:

Good start to the season.

Even better as the home side beat Holmans not Troon the statto that is CTB got it wrong? just warming up my match report  be out later when I can maybe move after a hot bath.......lots to sarcastically comment on ?

Tregony 6-Falmouth 3 fantastic first result in the tralawny leagues!tregony took the lead thru Jason busby but Tim hurrell equalised from the spot,Jake foster restored the lead Falmouth again equalised veteran striker Craig sanders scored to make it 3-2 then busby added a 4th and then mike vokes cool composed finish into his own net meant Tregony were 4-3  up at the break. Tregony tightend up at the back and added 2 more goals in the 2 nd half to run out 6-3 winners. Falmouth a decent young side who look to play there lads stopped had a drink always appreciated Hopefully enjoyed the food after as it’s something the club has always prided itself on.Goonhavern on Tuesday already looking forward to it!

took another trip to watch exiles today.... vs illogan thinking it was going to be a good game and it wasnt bad at all very good football played by both! can honestly say even with afew players still out exiles looked very impressive could of been alot more if chances were taken but illogan played some good football at times..fair play to both teams!

Penzance Reserves 6 - 2 Holman Sports Club Reserves

Not the greatest start to our league campaign. Things didn’t get off to the best when waking up in Dartmouth this morning after a works doo and discovering that i’d dropped a logistical left bollock as it was a Saturday and eleventy billion cars were heading down the A30 and I obviously still had to cram in a fat boy brekkie before the two hour trip.........I think the wife is still talking to me after slowing down and shoving her out the car as we passed Camborne on the way past to Penzance but I made it with at least a minute to spare

nice to be playing back at Penlee Park lovely old ground and pitch looking resplendent and green (opposed to blue which would be weird). We did our usual methodical warm up as in talked rubbish for 40min did a couple of lunges and tried to pass a ball 5 yds without looking foolish......the added technical drill of ‘Keppie Uppie’ clearly had the home side quivering at one point when we got to at least 3 in a row

on to the game - PZ were knocking the ball around well and I was instantly regretting that cooked breakfast 4 hours earlier but we managed to go 1-0 up after lumping a ball up to Conor upfront and were looking lively until the first of our injuries cropped up when Mitchy pulled his hammy......well it was either that or Franco realised we had exceed the Trelawny League ginger player rule even though mitchy in an attempt to evade this stigma had died it a bit ginger blonde so we had to pull him off the pitch for being made of glass and put all the rest on ginger overheating safety watch due to the big yellow thing in the sky making an appearance.

Sadly it all went a bit pear shaped at this point and Ben gave away a penalty normally I’m a bit sceptical on contact but the home player didn’t go for to many theatrics which was a tad disappointing as I like a good Elias from platoon moment With adagio for strings playing in the background. Al got a hand to the resulting penalty but chose that moment to go more limp wristed then Alan Carr at a hot tub convention. 

A second for the home side followed soon after and we then went into Japanese pilot kamikaze mode for 15 min gifting PZ another two before half time which meant I was really looking forward to the half time team talk - luckily we stayed out on the pitch and managed to hide any crockery from Franco to chuck but most importantly kept all the gingers in the shade preventing any of them catching on fire.

things were a little bit lively in the 2nd half and both sides did some commendable hacking....I appear to have left some skin off my right buttock down in PZ after an over ambitious slide tackle that probably should only be attempted on a wet soggy January afternoon and not in the sun drenched August on grass cleverly disguised as sandpaper .....I don’t think I’m the only one bed sheet sticking could be a national sport. 

We got a penalty to make it 4-2 but sadly the home side got another 2 and then just to cap it Kyle enjoyed getting his yellow in the first half so much he asked the ref very kindly to give him another in the 2nd to which he replied of course and as you asked so nicely have this rather snazzy red one too!!! Oops! 

So a loss which is a shame but quite a few positives to work on and PZ will defo  be up there for the season challenging although might be interesting if they can play their style and keep their cool on a wet Tuesday night at Stoke ?

Onwards and upwards for the boys from Blaythorne lots of stuff going on - off and on the pitch this week but the new nets kindly contributed by the CCFA are all ready to go up for the season for our first home game at blaythorne in 10 days time ?

Probus 4 - 1 Hayle reserves

All goals coming in the 1st half, Probus going 4 up, beginning with 1 the GK will want to forget, a long ball from Noble at RB in his own half going array and towards goal, only for the GK to let it through his arms. 3 more goals followed from Justin Trebilcock, Dean Southworth and a tap in for Harry Wilshaw following some good work from the RM.

The 2nd half was a tale of how Probus didn't increase their lead?! Could have, probably should have scored another 4! A mix of poor decisions and a couple good saves.

Have to say, best referee I've played with for a long time, deserves a mention! 

Saw lots of the Hayle boys back for a pint, always good to see, good luck for the rest of the season.

43 minutes ago, Sh91 said:

Probus 4 - 1 Hayle reserves

All goals coming in the 1st half, Probus going 4 up, beginning with 1 the GK will want to forget, a long ball from Noble at RB in his own half going array and towards goal, only for the GK to let it through his arms. 3 more goals followed from Justin Trebilcock, Dean Southworth and a tap in for Harry Wilshaw following some good work from the RM.

The 2nd half was a tale of how Probus didn't increase their lead?! Could have, probably should have scored another 4! A mix of poor decisions and a couple good saves.

Have to say, best referee I've played with for a long time, deserves a mention! 

Saw lots of the Hayle boys back for a pint, always good to see, good luck for the rest of the season.

Well done Tom Roper!

DIVISION 1
Perranporth Reserves 3 (2) -v- (0) 0 Newlyn Non-Athletico

NNA started life as a "one-team-club" on a sunny afternoon by the beach (and the circus as it so happens). We arrived to see the home team warming up, already changed, and momentarily thought it must have been the rugby team. Not only were they warming up with some sort of organisation, there was about half and hour, or more, until kick-off. They were all quite big as well. However, they turned out to be the football team, so we set about our own pre-match rituals (one or two last minute roll ups, scrounging some shin pads, scrounging some team-sheets from the home team manager, wondering where Ryan was as he had not turned up, and so on).

So, to kick-off, and PR started brightly, scoring on a break down the left after 5 minutes, and adding a second about 10 minutes later. NNA were working hard, and although playing some nice football, failed to create any real clear-cut chances. PR probably created the better chances, but both goalkeepers we not overly busy. 2-0 at HT.

Second half was much the same, both teams struggling to create a real opportunity. The sun was shining and the sweat was pouring, but the efforts of both sides were drawing a blank. It was possibly in the last minute, a tired tackle on the edge of the NNA box resulting in a free-kick, hammered straight at the keeper who failed to hold, and the ball was knocked in for number 3. And that's how it finished.

With a large circus tent right beside the pitch at Perranporth, I thought I must be able to get some references to Big Top, trapeze, ring-master and so on into the report, but I have failed. The match really wasn't The Greatest Show on Earth, and I don't want to be a clown by walking that tightrope, so I thought it best not to.

14 hours ago, Townfan09 said:

Emphatic 8-1 win for Town who were the better side on the day. As above very hot day but Town finished the job and should’ve scored more against a very young Redruth side. Regardless of the decisions they didn’t matter due to the score line! Other than that it was well reffed we all make mistakes, no need to worry about them the other side of 7+ goal difference. 

Goals for Town

Dom Sikorski x2

Ben Manley

Oscar Fergus- x2

Paul Webb

David Webb 

Kieran Wing

On ‎18‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 22:15, Pitty said:

Not the greatest start to our league campaign. Things didn’t get off to the best when waking up in Dartmouth this morning after a works doo and discovering that i’d dropped a logistical left bollock as it was a Saturday and eleventy billion cars were heading down the A30 and I obviously still had to cram in a fat boy brekkie before the two hour trip.........I think the wife is still talking to me after slowing down and shoving her out the car as we passed Camborne on the way past to Penzance but I made it with at least a minute to spare

nice to be playing back at Penlee Park lovely old ground and pitch looking resplendent and green (opposed to blue which would be weird). We did our usual methodical warm up as in talked rubbish for 40min did a couple of lunges and tried to pass a ball 5 yds without looking foolish......the added technical drill of ‘Keppie Uppie’ clearly had the home side quivering at one point when we got to at least 3 in a row

on to the game - PZ were knocking the ball around well and I was instantly regretting that cooked breakfast 4 hours earlier but we managed to go 1-0 up after lumping a ball up to Conor upfront and were looking lively until the first of our injuries cropped up when Mitchy pulled his hammy......well it was either that or Franco realised we had exceed the Trelawny League ginger player rule even though mitchy in an attempt to evade this stigma had died it a bit ginger blonde so we had to pull him off the pitch for being made of glass and put all the rest on ginger overheating safety watch due to the big yellow thing in the sky making an appearance.

Sadly it all went a bit pear shaped at this point and Ben gave away a penalty normally I’m a bit sceptical on contact but the home player didn’t go for to many theatrics which was a tad disappointing as I like a good Elias from platoon moment With adagio for strings playing in the background. Al got a hand to the resulting penalty but chose that moment to go more limp wristed then Alan Carr at a hot tub convention. 

A second for the home side followed soon after and we then went into Japanese pilot kamikaze mode for 15 min gifting PZ another two before half time which meant I was really looking forward to the half time team talk - luckily we stayed out on the pitch and managed to hide any crockery from Franco to chuck but most importantly kept all the gingers in the shade preventing any of them catching on fire.

things were a little bit lively in the 2nd half and both sides did some commendable hacking....I appear to have left some skin off my right buttock down in PZ after an over ambitious slide tackle that probably should only be attempted on a wet soggy January afternoon and not in the sun drenched August on grass cleverly disguised as sandpaper .....I don’t think I’m the only one bed sheet sticking could be a national sport. 

We got a penalty to make it 4-2 but sadly the home side got another 2 and then just to cap it Kyle enjoyed getting his yellow in the first half so much he asked the ref very kindly to give him another in the 2nd to which he replied of course and as you asked so nicely have this rather snazzy red one too!!! Oops! 

So a loss which is a shame but quite a few positives to work on and PZ will defo  be up there for the season challenging although might be interesting if they can play their style and keep their cool on a wet Tuesday night at Stoke ?

Onwards and upwards for the boys from Blaythorne lots of stuff going on - off and on the pitch this week but the new nets kindly contributed by the CCFA are all ready to go up for the season for our first home game at blaythorne in 10 days time ?

Great write up Pitty, always good for a chuckle   Me and Steve Webber spent a little while chatting to your old man at the midweek Carharrack Illogan game.  I did not realise you were still kicking a ball in anger. If I had I would of come down to Penlee and had watch as its my neck of the woods.  Hope the August slide tackle rash clears up soon.

Mike Stevens

On 18/08/2018 at 22:15, Pitty said:

The lad who scored five of the goals for us Neil, was the league's top scorer last season. In the box, he is so good at ball control no-one can get near him. If he stays with us he will get another hatfull this year. Only 17 years old. We took him off for a while which is why you got back at us the second half but as soon as he came back on towards the end you were on the back foot again. He has that effect on defenders. Yes, you noticed we play a passing game, while you played the ball up the middle. Lucky for us our off-side trap worked. 

We got into our stride once the youngsters worked out you gave them just a bit extra time on the ball compared with playing in the Frantic Fourth Division. Division 3 looks just a little bit slower, that is why we were snatching our shots for the first 20 minutes. Once we calmed down, well you saw what happened.

We are on a run of 13 wins and 2 draws, not having lost in the League since 23rd December. Attendance on Saturday was 28.