Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL Transfer Rumour Mill

On 25/06/2017 at 09:29, The Big Bad Fox said:

I see penryn have lost another player, just hope they can rebuild in time. Looks like they've lost 7-8 of their senior players

Still got the loyal Chris symons in goal. He wouldn't leave would he.......................

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It happens I'm afraid. Best of luck to the players who are moving on and I'm sure will always be welcome back to Penryn. Those of you who think that this is a laughing matter, you need to wake up and grow up. The players that have left penryn, I'm sure will make huge impacts at their new clubs.

1 hour ago, Themanhimself said:

It happens I'm afraid. Best of luck to the players who are moving on and I'm sure will always be welcome back to Penryn. Those of you who think that this is a laughing matter, you need to wake up and grow up. The players that have left penryn, I'm sure will make huge impacts at their new clubs.

Think Falmouth have signed a good bunch, not convinced on all of them imo but im more than happy to be proved wrong. Cant fault a player for trying his luck at a higher standard! Will definitely leave a huge dent at Penryn though

55 minutes ago, Colin Pengilly said:

How would you know, when was the last time you watched Falmouth?

Plymouth Argyle at home was the last match although have been following every detail of match reports both on here and in the press. Hope this answers your question.

Penryn is a very strong club and has a depth of good quality players, in their Reserves (some of whom can easily play West). So whilst very disrupting I'm sure they will fine.

Falmouth will have their work cut out as they have lost some real quality from the spine of their team - that's on the transfers shown on here, but I also believe they are loosing Harry C to university and Marcelo up country - that's 6/7 starting players. Again I am sure Westy can mound the new players but will be challenging. 

Good luck to both teams 

14 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

Penryn is a very strong club and has a depth of good quality players, in their Reserves (some of whom can easily play West). So whilst very disrupting I'm sure they will fine.

Falmouth will have their work cut out as they have lost some real quality from the spine of their team - that's on the transfers shown on here, but I also believe they are loosing Harry C to university and Marcelo up country - that's 6/7 starting players. Again I am sure Westy can mound the new players but will be challenging. 

Good luck to both teams 

I saw Penryn reserves not that long ago and i failed to spot more than a couple that could potentially play in the West. Surely a club of Penryn's reputation will go hunting and look to rebuild rather than accept second team players?

1 hour ago, Gossip man said:

Dont think Penryn will get relagated, Great club that will always attract players. Well run from top to bottom .

Wasnt a serious post about them being favourites to go down.... a shame to see them lose a lot of players but Murray will attract players and they'll be fine

18 minutes ago, frank de bouff said:

It will be a crying shame if Falmouth go down. 

I agree it would be given the history etc. Wherever a team finishes at the end of a season is where they deserve to be! No matter the stature and history. 

20 hours ago, jft96 said:

I agree it would be given the history etc. Wherever a team finishes at the end of a season is where they deserve to be! No matter the stature and history. 

Would it be such a bad move to play in Div 1 west ? I am sure there would be a great deal more equal competition as they would be playing teams of the same capability. This in turn would probably create more spectator support both hone and away as the away matches would be sensible travelling distances. At present there are only 3 teams that are ever going to win the league and I cannot see this changing, if ever, as it is about money.

Theres not a chance in hell that Falmouth will go down they got too many good players and got my fav goalie in Ryan Barnes ,sorry Newquay i think u r certs to go on if your signings are anything to go by Glen Squires he was there before and he mustbe getting on now going to be a long season for Newquay but they may have a surprise or 2 up there sleaves just hope they dont have such a poor season againand let inso many goals that was embarassing

On 29/06/2017 at 08:55, SCFC said:

Penryn favourites for the drop now?:P havent seen them sign anyone?

Wait until Tuesday ...big things on the go I'm told.

11 hours ago, BIG AL said:

Would it be such a bad move to play in Div 1 west ? I am sure there would be a great deal more equal competition as they would be playing teams of the same capability. This in turn would probably create more spectator support both hone and away as the away matches would be sensible travelling distances. At present there are only 3 teams that are ever going to win the league and I cannot see this changing, if ever, as it is about money.

Nearly right BIG AL but the travelling in this league is getting stupid as well now.

There's a lot of players who won't do it anymore, struggling for a team here.

9 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Wait until Tuesday ...big things on the go I'm told.

Nearly right BIG AL but the travelling in this league is getting stupid as well now.

There's a lot of players who won't do it anymore, struggling for a team here.

I cannot blame them.In the premier division, journeys to mid Devon either on a Saturday or mid week or bank holidays is just not practical taking into account work commitments etc.After all, your job is much more important than 90mins of football especially of this standard.

7 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

Ed Timmons (from Falmouth)

You soon will Leeds'--Gilby has had him on radar for some time now.

Similar style and physique to your previous attacking full back Nick Hurst.

We are all about giving local lads an opportunity at Bodmin, some make it, some don't! Certainly looking forward to seeing Ted Timmons play at Bodmin Mike if he comes with the same style as young Nick Hurst did. Good to get you on board Ted. :thumbsup:

14 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

We are all about giving local lads an opportunity at Bodmin, some make it, some don't! Certainly looking forward to seeing Ted Timmons play at Bodmin Mike if he comes with the same style as young Nick Hurst did. Good to get you on board Ted. :thumbsup:

It's actually Ned Timmons not "Ted"

On 01/07/2017 at 09:36, Ashton11 said:

Falmouth town have signed county youth player jack webber from porthleven!  A great signing for town he is definitely a prem standard player no matter about his age! GOOD LUCK JACK.

not sure how you can state that he's quite clearly a prem standard player when the lad hasnt been at that level, has the potential 

20 minutes ago, Gossip man said:

Cracking player. Will easily make the step up, Jesus its not hard to step up.  Believe he playes LB, Thought he was the best in the league last year, #Quality 

wow what an embarrassment:ph34r:. if you think he plays left back then you've obviously never seen him play, your above statement is absolutely laughable

heard this morning that Blazey were looking at a few of the Sticker lads such as the striker Cockings, with the possible draw of less travelling (and money i assume??) Would certainly boost Blazey if true, however, i feel it would hurt Sticker more losing a very handy striker

On 02/07/2017 at 18:18, cornishrambler said:

Out and about today talking to a few people, a few of the Newquay faithful have informed me the goalie Painter from St Blazey has signed for Bodmin. Don't know if its been mentioned or not? 

Good signing or not? With the young lad Moore gone from bodmin to Parkway for a couple more notes.

A great signing for Gilby if its true..not many capable of stepping into Moores shoes but Dave Painter certainly is...and a bloody nice guy too.