Cornwall Football Forum

AFC ST AUSTELL v STANWAY ROVERS - SAT 7TH FEBRUARY 3.00pm KO - FA VASE 5TH ROUND

Parking is available at Poltair School at the front of the school and the side of the school, please do not park in the middle of the school in the playgrounds as a bollard is raised at 4.30pm.

Also there is parking at Polkyth Leisure Centre but this is pay and display.

Many thanks

Lea

Come on St Austell this is your big chance. Please all come and support this great fixture and show the higher league's what cornish grass roots football is all about. With the fan's who witnessed the Grenwich result let's sing the whole match and make our 12th man be counted. Can't wait good luck boys!!!!!!!!!!

St Austell will have to cover the following 

£50.00 per person up to 20 people for overnight stay £1000

£3.00 per mile for coach travel round trip aprox 700 miles £2100.00

And they charge an extra £1.00  (seems very reasonable to me) 

Best of luck to all at St Austell !!! 

Yes Money Man it does cost a lot of money to bring teams down from afar and you don't always profit from these ties. 

Just a point which I am sure you are aware of, the coach charge is against an invoice for the cost of the coach from the coach firm and not by any means, an automatic payment of the mileage. It can be a lot less. Get an idea from your own coach firm for the actual cost of the return journey, you then get a more accurate figure.  As is the accommodation against invoices from the respective hotel. Best of luck.

Your quite right Chairman, but the shared loss or profit is based on the expenditure incurred by the visiting club supported by invoice's for that expenditure. Unless they drive in separate cars, then a mileage charge is made. Other transport needs dedicated invoices. Of course as you say, it is based on income for the match less the expenses incurred which produces your profit or loss, which is shared.

Who the hell wants to go watch Argle .. Devon's perennial under achievers..Sooner pay £6 and stay local ..

Who the hell wants to go watch Argle .. Devon's perennial under achievers..Sooner pay £6 and stay local ..

what you on about. Is it always about the winning ? Your team dont win much either lol.
What a stupid comment.

Yes , it is  nice to win and you want your team to win as much as possible. But to say perennial underachievers and who the hell wants to watch Argyle anyway is a bit out of line. There are a good 3000 loyal Argyle fans who watch win / lose or draw. A bit different to the 150 at a non professional game ? The price will be more expensive.  Not sure what point Beacon was trying to  make.

You can not compare the 2 sides.

Stanway Rovers is approximately 2 miles from my house here in Colchester, to my house in Torquay is 298 miles, take off the distance from Torquay to Exeter add the distance from Exeter to St Austell, leaves Stanway Rovers approximately. a round trip of 686 miles give or take a couple of miles.
Nice to play teams from other areas of the country.
Hope you all enjoy the day. x

Just back from St Austell what a strange game 3 sending offs all for stupid things Stanway Goalie slaps Eddy across face he gets sent off even though Eddy did make a meal of it the goalie shouldnt of raised his hand previously the Stanway goalie was at fault with a awful kick that landed straight to Neil Slateford who had a empty goal to plant the ball back into the goal 1-0 then  Slateford looses it 1st  hes booked for a dive i thought he got fouled he then hits a Stanway player and is sent off silly lad . I thought the ref was very poor today he missed 2 clear pens that St Austell should of had both for hand ball this wasnt the best of game to watch but 1 player stood out head and shoulders in the 1st half he was awesome winning every ball in the air and then in the 2nd half he heads in the 2nd goal after the stand in player fails to gather the ball from a St Austell free kick . Well done to St Austell had a lovely afternoon but bitterly cold wasnt very impressed with the small pasties but overall a god afternon hoping St austell get a home draw next . Crowd must of been a 1000 but someone said it was 850 i thought it was more . Heard Newquay had lost to Falmouth thought they had turned a corner thought they would of beaten them

Just back from St Austell what a strange game 3 sending offs all for stupid things Stanway Goalie slaps Eddy across face he gets sent off even though Eddy did make a meal of it the goalie shouldnt of raised his hand previously the Stanway goalie was at fault with a awful kick that landed straight to Neil Slateford who had a empty goal to plant the ball back into the goal 1-0 then  Slateford looses it 1st  hes booked for a dive i thought he got fouled he then hits a Stanway player and is sent off silly lad . I thought the ref was very poor today he missed 2 clear pens that St Austell should of had both for hand ball this wasnt the best of game to watch but 1 player stood out head and shoulders in the 1st half he was awesome winning every ball in the air and then in the 2nd half he heads in the 2nd goal after the stand in player fails to gather the ball from a St Austell free kick . Well done to St Austell had a lovely afternoon but bitterly cold wasnt very impressed with the small pasties but overall a god afternon hoping St austell get a home draw next . Crowd must of been a 1000 but someone said it was 850 i thought it was more . Heard Newquay had lost to Falmouth thought they had turned a corner thought they would of beaten them

Thanks for the report 100%, just got back from Spain, going through tha arrivals at Birmingham Airport, I got the result from our website, what a homecoming ! I have sent you a pm.

St.Austell' march into the Quarter Finals got a mention on the BBC's Radio 5 Non League Football Round Up. Trouble was you needed to be awake between 5&6am!! Town were mentioned as one of 5 teams to get their team of the day award. Don't know if they topped the pole. Due to falling asleep :yahoo: