Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall Senior Cup Final Latest

Helston better team and for me should have won. Bodmin not at the races and they must thank Miller in goal for 3 or 4 outstanding saves in the first 45. Helston centre backs both did their jobs superbly well and chunky lad in middle of park was good. He showed more passion and commitment than Bodmin team put together. Liam Eddy up top for Helston was outstanding and his pace for me surprisingly caught Nodmin out from start to finish. Just struggled with his foot work and getting his shot away when in and around the 18 yard box!! Miller for me was about only Bodmin player that wanted a winners medal to add to the collection. All in all though Helston deserved to win but didn't and Bodmin should be different beast in replay!? Helston fans outstanding . . . Did your club proud. Not sure I can afford the replay at £6 a time - thought that was a bit o.t.t.

I really can't understand why this goes to a replay???

In the current economical climate, clubs and fans alike are hard strapoed for cash. Now another journey beckons for the two teams.

Why not have ET and penalties and get it sorted?

The coffers at the CFA are probably the only winners here

I thought Helston were superb today. Hughie and Kirky at centre halves were top draw. Helston supporters were amazing ( me included )We drank we chanted and sung. I think we probaly pissed Bodmin right off!! Great effort lads and very proud of Helston Football Club tonight!! Looking forward to the replay but it does make me piss to go all the way to Saltash with 300 other Helston supporters to not see a result. Wake up Cornish FA and move with the times!! Overall a great day

You've been involved with the CCFA as long as i have Darren, & they dont give a toss about you, me, Bodmin or Helston, they are only intrested in where their next paid for meal & drink is coming from & how much more money they can put towards next seasons day out !

The richest County Football Association in the Country. SURPRISE SURPRISE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure I can afford the replay at £6 a time - thought that was a bit o.t.t.

Cheaper than a packet of cigarettes - when admission charges are mentioned on these threads most people complain - I don't hear people complain about spending £20 or so on cheap booze - our supermarkets spend more time re-stocking the booze racks than the food ones.

This comment is not directed at FIGURE of 8 because I don't know who they are, just using his posting as a link.

The CCFA continually get criticised, most times unfairly, without any funds they couldn't operate, without them there would be no Cornish football because every county needs it's own FA to be affiliated to the Football Association. We are experiencing a time where sponsors have withdrawn their support or reduced their contributions far lower than they were before.

The £6 - was that for both games or is that the price for the replay?

SIX Pounds is not O.T.T for the cup final of the county's top cup competition - it costs quite a lot to put games on, pay the officials etc. is there a cash amount for each of the finalists in prize money?

I wouldn't take any County FA for granted, they are there for the good of all clubs under their jurisdiction not just for a privileged few.

Given that Bodmin are far and away the best team in the Premier division I'm sure that Helston will fancy themselves to do well next season if they can manage to win promotion. The match was a poor spectacle for the supporters but Bodmin were awful and if Helston had any kind of inferiority complex going into the final they most certainly wont have any in the replay. Apart from when Bodmin hit the bar in the 12th minute I cant remember the Helston keeper having too much to do, kevin Miller was much busier

Why the match didn't go to 30 minutes extra time before going a replay is beyond me ?

Have to agree that there should not be a replay. Can't think of another comp that demands a replay for the final but not for earlier rounds.

Vica versa maybe but it just leaves the supporters flat when there is no result.

Time to get with the times CCFA.

I think before we jump on the CCFA back, you have to remember they are just implementing the Cup rules set down by the member clubs.

They have kindly contacted me back and said they will be looking at the situation in their review of the competition.

Therefore, I believe if the majority of the clubs want to implement change it could happen but don't quote me on this, it would have to be approved at the AGM.

I think £6 is a reasonable price for two quality games of football on the same afternoon.

I think what most people have a problem is having to pay fuel costs/coach costs to go and watch a replay of a match that can be settled there and then.

Possibly £20 there and back from Penzance to Saltash, maybe more. Although its the players day, football is nothing with out supporters.

Well done Helston yesterday - thought you did enough to win that but I guess like all great cup finals it goes to a replay?!? ( saying that last time Helston played in the final it went to a replay which they won #justsayin)

I enjoyed the day and thought £6 for both games was good value. Unlucky illogan - 4th time lucky next year? Don't understand why Ryan Treloar was sent off in the 1st game, I think the ref was just out of breath and needed a rest.

I thought a few of the officials were poor in the Helston game and how the 4th official went running to daddy (the ref) when Sid told him to "shut up"- was the actions of a petulant child. I know all the refs etc on here will say about the respect campaign blah blah but it works both ways. Standing with his buzzer in the air like a drama queen saying I want him gone hahaha get a grip. I hope you don't get the next level promotion because people are going to say worse things than shut up!

Hughy and Kirk for me best 2 outfield players on the pitch with Kirk edging out on MOM. The legend Kevin Miller showed why he has 600+ league games under his belt with great kicking, organisation and 4 good saves.

Good luck in the replay - I can't make it as Her Majestic has requested my services else where

Other than that yeeaaaaaaaaah she's right on

#COYB

What a superb effort from helston yesterday, fans and players alike. On and off the pitch they were brilliant and last to leave saltash yesyerday, no shock there! I agree with Harry Breasbats that kirky and hughy were brilliant but they were good all over the pitch, Youngster in the middle didn't stop working hard and the midfield ran the game, mark and liam caused all sorts of problems and the defence and goalkeeper were brilliant. Good luck in the replay helston, you've got them worried

I'm glad it goes to a replay. I don't think that penalties are a satisfactory conclusion to any match, let alone a cup final.

Richard I agree penalties are not a good thing ,but in the past extra time was always played,

that may have sorted out the winner, then no need for a replay, Cornwall FA **** up again,

Hammers

I'm glad it goes to a replay. I don't think that penalties are a satisfactory conclusion to any match, let alone a cup final.

Richard I agree penalties are not a good thing ,but in the past extra time was always played,that may have sorted out the winner, then no need for a replay, Cornwall FA **** up again,Hammers

Whos to say that extra time would have decided the outcome and the replay may go to extra time and then penalties..... Got to have a winner some way, better than tossing a coin!!!

Can't see why everyone is blaming Cornwall FA for the game ending in a draw, no one has bothered to try and change the rules before now.

Matter of interest when was the last time it went to a replay? Good luck to both teams in the replay.

Cant agree with Dave the Rave , stating it was a poor spectacle for supporters!

I for 1 thought it was a great game despite lack of goals. Helston looked more likely to score and made Bodmin work foreverything and nothing between teams. Some early chances taken and Helston would of been home and dry if not for Miller. Well done Helston not a mis match but 2 good teams playing decent football in difficult conditions. Number 9 and 6 for Helston best on pitch. Disappointed no extra time and another £6 to pay. Another dissapointment was the linesman against Helston,... some very dodgy decisions there ! And great support base, loved the chants. :thumbsup:

Guest BenTheYeti

Senior Cup Final Replay - Tuesday 16th April, 7.30pm Helston Athletic v Bodmin Town venue Truro City FC (central for both competing teams)

Cant agree with Dave the Rave , stating it was a poor spectacle for supporters!

I for 1 thought it was a great game despite lack of goals. Helston looked more likely to score and made Bodmin work foreverything and nothing between teams. Some early chances taken and Helston would of been home and dry if not for Miller. Well done Helston not a mis match but 2 good teams playing decent football in difficult conditions. Number 9 and 6 for Helston best on pitch. Disappointed no extra time and another £6 to pay. Another dissapointment was the linesman against Helston,... some very dodgy decisions there ! And great support base, loved the chants. :thumbsup:

Agree that Lineo was shocking. In the first half there was a reporter behind that Lineo and at least 4 of Liam Eddys "offsides" where indeed onside! Don't think even the Lineo could handle Liam's pace!