Honiton Town     2,    Alphington   1

DIVISION ONE WEST
Dobwalls     0,    Plymouth Marjon   1
Elburton Villa     3,    Holsworthy   0
Porthleven   P-P   Ludgvan 
St Blazey     4,    Bude Town    2
St Dennis     2,    Liskeard Athletic    0
Wendron United     3,    Penzance  0

game played on it last night apparently along with the rain yesterday and last night probably havent helped. Cant really see a reason why Porthleven would want to cancel it unless a referee deemed it unplayable (which i have just seen on twitter that they have)

The photo of Porthleven pitch was taken last Friday night 27/4/18 , They played on the pitch on Saturday .

they say Torrental rain All day and night on Tuesday 1/5/18 but the 2nd team played that evening , so the pitcg was ok .

today BRIGHT SUNSHINE ALL DAY and the game is called off just after lunch 6 plus hours BEFOR KICK OFF STILL BRIGHT SUNSHINE HERE .

SEEMS VERY FISHY TO ME  

1 hour ago, Can't play without refs said:

The photo of Porthleven pitch was taken last Friday night 27/4/18 , They played on the pitch on Saturday .

they say Torrental rain All day and night on Tuesday 1/5/18 but the 2nd team played that evening , so the pitcg was ok .

today BRIGHT SUNSHINE ALL DAY and the game is called off just after lunch 6 plus hours BEFOR KICK OFF STILL BRIGHT SUNSHINE HERE .

SEEMS VERY FISHY TO ME  

This has been going on all season throughout the league - the slightest damp patch or the possibility of rain in 2 days time CALL THE GAME OFF !

In response to this I would like to say that having to try and win our last three games to try and get a top 3 finish and the fact that ludgvan played Saturday and Monday I can assure you we wanted to play this game tonight.

there is nothing fishy from this end if anything we are very disappointed not to be playing tonight.

1 hour ago, Toto said:

In response to this I would like to say that having to try and win our last three games to try and get a top 3 finish and the fact that ludgvan played Saturday and Monday I can assure you we wanted to play this game tonight.

there is nothing fishy from this end if anything we are very disappointed not to be playing tonight.

FAKE NEWS

Having seen the video and images on twitter. The league surely has to take action against Porthleven. It is an absolute farce that this evenings game has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch. Whoever made the decision ref or club should have a long hard look at themselves as this is scandalous and a disgrace. 

Don't normally have an opinion on these issues but when there is hard evidence against the club I genuinely hope the league take action and make an example of parties involved. 

Sad day for Porthleven. 

2 minutes ago, Del Boy said:

FAKE NEWS

Having seen the video and images on twitter. The league surely has to take action against Porthleven. It is an absolute farce that this evenings game has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch. Whoever made the decision ref or club should have a long hard look at themselves as this is scandalous and a disgrace. 

Don't normally have an opinion on these issues but when there is hard evidence against the club I genuinely hope the league take action and make an example of parties involved. 

Sad day for Porthleven. 

The swpl  officials have not the guts to take any action !

8 minutes ago, Mark Jones said:

Full time : Bodmin 0 Falmouth 4 

james ward hatrick, Jordon annear 1. 

James Ward hat trick of headers from a corner-Jordan Annear 37th.goal of season now has him as the Falmouth leading scorer in the SWPL era  ahead of Mark Vercesi (36) in 2011-12.

First SWPL double over Bodmin (3-1,,4-0) the last being in the SWL 2002-03 (21,,4-0)

Heaviest ever SWPL defeat for Bodmin at Priory Park.

3 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

James Ward hat trick of headers from a corner-Jordan Annear 37th.goal of season now has him as the Falmouth leading scorer in the SWPL era  ahead of Mark Vercesi (36) in 2011-12.

First SWPL double over Bodmin (3-1,,4-0) the last being in the SWL 2002-03 (21,,4-0)

Good stats Mike 

11 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

Absolutely  brilliant play from the town well done boys .bet there's some choice language in the home dressing room .will be interested to see  Leeds United's summing up .Also that big hole that big Al is in just keeps getting deeper and deeper .anyone know an abseiler to get him out poor chap ? ?

Two wins from three games ( H,v Stoke.G, A v Witheridge, A.v Cullompton)should see Falmouth get a Podium finish to equal their best ever previous spot.

Jordan now on 60 club goals overtaking Johnny Bolton 59 and Glen Squires 59 and is now level with Dave Gardner and Luke Hodge both on 60

Credit to Falmouth Town, who Thoroughly deserved their victory last night & will go on now to finish as Cornwall's highest places club this season in the Swpl. 

As for the game ... Bodmin come second all over the pitch & Falmouth worked their socks off. 

After recent Victories over some good sides I feel to many games against very good sides in such a short space of time have caught up with us. Looking forward to the summer now ( posted that previous to last night's score) & to also bring you some very big developing news over the next few weeks which could possibly make a few heads turn! 

Well done Falmouth once again 

1 hour ago, leedsunited said:

& to also bring you some very big developing news over the next few weeks which could possibly make a few heads turn! 

Gilbert Stepping down - he actually means it this time by all accounts 

11 hours ago, mattelot said:

Absolutely  brilliant play from the town well done boys .bet there's some choice language in the home dressing room .will be interested to see  Leeds United's summing up .Also that big hole that big Al is in just keeps getting deeper and deeper .anyone know an abseiler to get him out poor chap ? ?

Its ok I HAVE GOT PLENTY OF LADDERS !

2 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Credit to Falmouth Town, who Thoroughly deserved their victory last night & will go on now to finish as Cornwall's highest places club this season in the Swpl. 

As for the game ... Bodmin come second all over the pitch & Falmouth worked their socks off. 

After recent Victories over some good sides I feel to many games against very good sides in such a short space of time have caught up with us. Looking forward to the summer now ( posted that previous to last night's score) & to also bring you some very big developing news over the next few weeks which could possibly make a few heads turn! 

fair play Leeds, very rare that you are so gracious in defeat... would hope defending set pieces is high on the agenda for pre season

3 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Ah, Bodmin Town will actually apply for promotion next season!

2 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Nearly........ we cured you a lot quicker though......hope you are well James.

Next season they will be Falmouth boys.

All good David, thanks for the support this year and catch you soon ??

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

Gone wrong for who? Some would say it’s healthy that it’s not one club winning everything!

Well,gone wrong for Bodmin Town for a start Dave.The club has been so dominant of this league in recent seasons and now they may not finish in the top three positions this season.

Is the weather to blame? Players to blame? Management not being able to motivate the current crop of players? Or has the club gone stale and in need of a good shake up?

Something is not quite right.

On 02/05/2018 at 21:22, Mark Jones said:

Full time : Bodmin 0 Falmouth 4 

James Ward 36m, 61m, 73m 

J Annear 63m 

The last Falmouth Central defender to score a hat trick was Tommy Matthews in 1985 at Bickland Park v Holsworthy SWL.

The last all header hat trick is thought to be Fred Yorke in the early 1970's

1 hour ago, Mike Odgers said:

The last Falmouth Central defender to score a hat trick was Tommy Matthews in 1985 at Bickland Park v Holsworthy SWL.

The last all header hat trick is thought to be Fred Yorke in the early 1970's

I remember Fred Yorke, that was what you called a player !

That stat wouldn’t surprise me Mark. Tommy was a top centre half & his partnership with Dave Gardner was 1of the best Cornwall has ever seen, however, Tommy, like myself, was lucky enough to play in a era when you were actually allowed to tackle people. Great times. I’m sure Tom would agree with me & Wouldn’t swap them to play now. !!!

That’s right Kev we tackled hard and never cried when we got a clattering! I guess we’d just adapt to the stricter rules these days? 

Mark, I got booked twice, once in a CSC final at Truro and once at Witham in the FA  Vase. Probably deserved more but I tried to play things fairly and got the benefit of the doubt from a few referees. 

Great times! 

7 minutes ago, paul pearce said:

Sorry if I've missed it but on 5th may Leeds united said some very big news in next couple of weeks regarding Bodmin FC.

Well it's end of the season so what is it???

Probably Darren Gilbert was playing today !