Mabe    8v0   Newlyn Non-Athletico Reserves
Penwith Exiles 2v2 Gwinear Churchtown Reserves
Troon Reserves 2v3 Falmouth Town

DIVISION 5
Newquay 4ths 3v3 Camborne Town
Probus Reserves 13v0 Trevenson United Reserves
St Erme 10v2 Railway Locomotiv
Wendron United 4ths 2v3 Madron Reserves

Funny I was told that Clijah do not call games off and the manager would inspect the pitch Saturday at 10.30 am. 

I am that manager and, yes, I was planning to inspect it in the morning. I have done the last couple of weeks and had a local ref inspect it too with me. Yes it was a surprise as they haven't actually stopped us playing there for about 2 years. But Redruth Utd combo was called off too. And I'm sure if you phone Cormac, whose decision it was, then they will confirm that they didn't allow the games to go ahead. It's out of our hands. But hey, if you want to make a formal complaint rather than insinuate that we are up to something then feel free. 

Easy Peggy, I dont think anyone is insinuating anything. We know the pitches at Clijah get quite boggy. To be fair we would rather play you when the pitches were not so waterlogged. We have had 2 hard games against you already this season so dont want another one on a sh!££y pitch. Just means a day watching Jeff Stelling.....

All of these games are off according to the Full Time website

Chacewater vs Gwinear

St Day vs St Buryan

St Agnes vs Praze

Penryn vs Illogan

St Buryan vs Chacewater

Storm vs Marazion

Helston vs Cury

Mawnan vs St Day

St Agnes 3rds vs Four Lanes

Madron vs Carharrack

Mousehole vs Praze

St Ives Mariners vs Lizard

Camborne Athletic vs Newlyn Lions

Storm vs Mabe

Probus Reserves 13 Trevenson United Reserves 0

Really difficult conditions for both teams and the pitch will need a lot of TLC before it's fit to be used again! I lost track of the scorers, but I know it was 6-0 at half-time. I did find it funny how the Trevenson player passionately remonstrated with the referee about the award of a penalty when the score was 9-0 already!

The Probus youngsters played some good football in the conditions and could/probably should have scored more but the Trevenson keeper made some excellent saves. The fact that Probus could utilise their 5 rolling subs and Trevenson only had a bare 11 also made a difference.

Trelawney 5
Probus Res 13 - Trevenson 0

Really surprised when groundsman and ref agreed that game could be played but both sides turned up wanting to get game played.

Hats off to Trevenson who as Chris said turned up with bare 11, and one of those had knee surgery only a couple of weeks ago whereas at Probus we had a full compliment of stubs and had to stand down another 3 - on the pitch it made a real difference with tiredness in second half and many of the Trevenson plays were 'dead on their feet' - but kept trying.

Game marred a little by some tired tackles which could have been dangerous but not intended (mostly).

Probus comfortable winners and played some decent passing football in the conditions and if not for squandering chances and some great keeping by Trevenson could have been several more - Probus keeper got cold.

Scores
Tyler Cheshire 3
Keegan Lloyd 3
Stuart Rowe 3
George Harrison 2
Harry Clarke 1
Dan Hughes 1

Camborne Park 3 - Lanner 1 

A great battle of a game watched by a very good crowd at park road, probably due to lot games in our league and most other games being off locally...

We didn't start well and when a cross from wide out on right from lanner's winger deceived our keeper and went straight in, we kept from then on pressing and some great saves from the lanner keeper held us out and when half -time came we were left frustrated that we couldn't unlock them and when we did found a keeper in inspiring form.

Half-time our manager just told us not too panic and chances will come and when young winger robbie price who was a constant threat all game long on parks right hand-side beat his defender and was bundled over in box from behind referee gave a spot-kick mike catterall sent keeper wrong way and it was 1-1.

We now began to really press high and put lot pressure on lanner defence making them play long and we was getting the ball back quickly and when mike catterall drove at the lanner defence he went past 2 before being took down by last man referee had no choice but too show the red card as prevented catterall a 1on1 with lanner goalkeeper.

We kept pressing but when lanner broke on a rare counter attack their top scorer stuart lugg missed glaring opportunity but minutes late marcus grasso showed brilliant feet to get into the box and he unselfishly squared for pete norfolk to slot home 2-1 park.

The game last 10 minutes began to quiet down with park getting lot of possession against a tiring 10 man lanner, who to their credit kept 2 up front but in last minute a park counter attack got a 3rd goal when grasso set up catterall for his 2nd and final score was 3-1

Great performance and big 3 points for us now top of league with other sides not playing etc.... 

St Erme - 10 Railway Locomotive - 2

A good win for St Erme against a battling railway side in pretty muddy conditions (particularly the 2nd half) the game went ahead after St Erme hired a pitch to get the game on as our pitch was unplayable.

However we got the game on and it was well reffed by Jamie Chown, St Erme started brightly and raced into a 3-nil lead within 25 mins and from then on there was only going to be one winner.

St Erme goalscorers:- Elliott Jolly x 4, Dave Hill x 1, Kyle Savin x1, Mark Mitchell x 1, Adam Conveney x1, Paul Hopkinson x1 and Mark Mitchell x 1

Probus Reserves 13 Trevenson United Reserves 0

Really difficult conditions for both teams and the pitch will need a lot of TLC before it's fit to be used again! I lost track of the scorers, but I know it was 6-0 at half-time. I did find it funny how the Trevenson player passionately remonstrated with the referee about the award of a penalty when the score was 9-0 already!

The Probus youngsters played some good football in the conditions and could/probably should have scored more but the Trevenson keeper made some excellent saves. The fact that Probus could utilise their 5 rolling subs and Trevenson only had a bare 11 also made a difference.

Well I think if you are in goal and concede 13 goals there is a fine chance that the keeper did make some excellent saves !!

**BACK TO A MATCH REPORT**

Holmans 3 St Keverne 3 (Harris, L Tripconey, Wilson-Hone)

A very enjoyable, open game. St Keverne taking the lead on 17 minutes with a header from Skipper Harris from A Peters free kick. Holmans then had a number of changes, but failed to score as the Saints goal lead a charmed life. But on 32 minutes got a deserved equaliser when from a quickly taken short corner, they caught the St Keverne defence knapping.

The 2nd half continued in much the same vain, with Holmans scoring within 3 minutes of the restart with a well placed low shot from the edge of the area. In very difficult conditions, both teams tried to play football & were creating chances. St Keverne got back on level terms when a Retallack shot was spilled by the & Luke Tripconey put the ball in the net.

With 12 minutes remaining, the home side took the lead again, when they were awarded a penalty, which was confidently put away. Both side's were still playing some good football & making changes but unable to score until the 93rd minute, when a through ball from young Tripconey, dropped to Josh Wilson-Hone, who managed to squeeze it into the bottom corner.

A very enjoyable game to watch. Both sides played some good football in difficult conditions.

Good luck to Markys & his team for the rest of the season & we'll see you for the return fixture

ST KEVERNE TEAM: S.Richards, M.Southgate (K.Retallack), C.Pound (K.Tripconey), G.Harris, K.Tutton-Gane, L.Tripconey, T.Pound, D.Peters, J.Wilson-Hone, R.Taylor, A.Picken (W.Sired)

Div 4
Mabe (2) 8 -v- 0 (0) Newlyn NA Res
Couple of good finishes in the first half the only difference between the two teams. Newlyn were unlucky with Captain Courageous being bonked on the head, and needing a quick visit to casualty midway through the 1st half, so bang went our sub. Down to the bare 11 for the remainder of the game. Newlyn did get the ball in the onion bag, sadly through a hole in the side netting. Second half was "comfortable" for Mabe, but I think the score line was a bit harsh. One goal was definitely offside, but one-eyed-Joe (now back from hospital with a bandaid over the swollen eye, and running the line), failed to pick up the pass to the two forwards, both about 5 yards off, later claiming he thought it as a back pass! Mabe didn't need any help! Good luck to them, nice grub at the pub.

Thank-you Jeff13088 it's nice to have a bit of sanity back on the Forum, not that I'm knocking the controversy, it's always good to hear from the "horses mouth" rather than wait for the sanitised version from the power of the press.
But why am I hearing about this match from a St. Kevernean ( good enough report that it is )? Holmans have a long and glorious history of honest, amusing match reports from the likes of Pitty, Minns, the boy wonder and now Marksy. I know the reserves were out of action but surely you guys have a big enough squad to train someone up as a central scribe, with a few more on the bench or in the dugout. Come on Holmans show your class, bring back Father Christmas, the ginger ***** et al! ( that's not Big Al obviously!)

Gulval 1-7 West Cornwall

Fairly comfortable afternoon. One momentary lapse but other than that a pretty one sided affair. Could have been more had we not left our shooting boots in the changing room for the first half, then when we did hit the target found the home keeper in good form. Pitch held up quite well considering the weather we've had lately. Comedy moment of the day, Ash Kemp stepping up for a penalty on a hat trick and passing it back to the keeper!!! Credit to Gulval, been a difficult season results wise but they've kept going when some sides wouldn't, they're a good bunch of guys and I hope you start to turn it around in the 2nd half of the season. Well reffed by Porky also.

Wendron 4ths 3-2 Madron Reserves

Very poor game in truth by both sides but that was more.to the conditions than anything I think. Didnt help that we havnt played since mid December so we were a bit rusty but our good season goes on.
As for Wendron, very dirty diving in and being late especially with pitch as it was putting two of our players out for the next 4-6 weeks with ankle problems. Referee had a good game though and 3-2 was a fair result even though all the goals were sloppy. We missed a few golden chances to be fair but a wins a win and we fight on

Trelawny Premier:

Mousehole 1 Carharrack 4

Thank you to Mousehole for the hospitality afterwards. Was great to play on a superb surface despite the weather. Well done to the ground staff.

Premier League leaders Carharrack who suffered a Junior Cup shock last week were dealt another just three minutes at Mousehole when informed striker Damon Nicholls scored.

The visitors were without key players but goal scoring right back added another to his impressive tally by equalising from close range in the 22nd minute. Five minutes before the break Ryan Stephens hit the post before being fouled a minute later whilst going through on goal inside the 12 yard box. Stephens got up and firmly tucked away the penalty before the interval.

A minute later into the second half Stephens repeated the dose from the spot after being fouled inside the box again.

The visitors remained into ascendancy with wingers Dario Pisano and James Davies causing problems and it was Pisano who sealed maximum points in the 77th minute with a vicious strike to keep Carharrack's title ambitions on track.

**BACK TO A MATCH REPORT**

Holmans 3 St Keverne 3 (Harris, L Tripconey, Wilson-Hone)

A very enjoyable, open game. St Keverne taking the lead on 17 minutes with a header from Skipper Harris from A Peters free kick. Holmans then had a number of changes, but failed to score as the Saints goal lead a charmed life. But on 32 minutes got a deserved equaliser when from a quickly taken short corner, they caught the St Keverne defence knapping.

The 2nd half continued in much the same vain, with Holmans scoring within 3 minutes of the restart with a well placed low shot from the edge of the area. In very difficult conditions, both teams tried to play football & were creating chances. St Keverne got back on level terms when a Retallack shot was spilled by the & Luke Tripconey put the ball in the net.

With 12 minutes remaining, the home side took the lead again, when they were awarded a penalty, which was confidently put away. Both side's were still playing some good football & making changes but unable to score until the 93rd minute, when a through ball from young Tripconey, dropped to Josh Wilson-Hone, who managed to squeeze it into the bottom corner.

A very enjoyable game to watch. Both sides played some good football in difficult conditions.

Good luck to Markys & his team for the rest of the season & we'll see you for the return fixture

ST KEVERNE TEAM: S.Richards, M.Southgate (K.Retallack), C.Pound (K.Tripconey), G.Harris, K.Tutton-Gane, L.Tripconey, T.Pound, D.Peters, J.Wilson-Hone, R.Taylor, A.Picken (W.Sired)

Wow finally get to the forum this week & jeff a tidy match report, we could & should of been long gone from the Saints in the opening 15 minutes but resolute defending good goalkeeping & poor finishing let us down, pitch was not the best to play on but we all dug in & a very entertaining match came out of it. No arguments we dominated the game throughout but the Saints weren't going to give up or allow us to finish them off. An unfortunate spill from our stand in keeper Ben Page allowed the Saints back in it at 2-2, ( needless to say against the other Saints last week pagey was outstanding) & like a previous match against Chacewater if we were there all day it was ending a draw. As manager of Four Lanes 15 years ago we had many a tussle with the Saints who again still carry 15 plus supporters with them, back then they had a never say die attitude & although the squad has obviously changed the mentality of back then is still there in the current squad. :) Good luck St Keverne for the rest of the season see you at yours. Holmans goalscorers one for Adam Selley & two for Jack Stocker.  

I admit that I am a little concerned that one unnamed individual or group of individuals purporting to represent a "League" have the power to censor this forum. The league, of course being representatives of its' member teams which meet annually to agree governance of the league and elect a committee to oversee the agreed regulations.
So who made this momentous decision, to remove dozens of postings without reference to their authors? I could understand weeding out the odd one or two if they were libellous or in some other way legally flawed or in contempt of legal proceedings, but to remove an entire section of thread on the instructions of a "league"? I always thought this Forum was independent, not the lackeys of any one club, league or F.A. even!
PLEASE READ THIS QUICKLY. IT MAY NOT BE HERE FOR LONG.