Bishop Sutton   1-3   Wadebridge Tn

Bishops Lydeard    0-3      Bude Town 

Bridport              2-3     Hamble Club 

Cheddar            4-1       Torridgeside 

Crediton United    5-3    Liskeard Ath

Dobwalls               3-1     St Blazey 

Elburton Villa  3-1    Newton Abbot Sp

Falmouth Town    6-0     Honiton Town 

Launceston     0-0   Callington Town (Launceston win 5-4 on pens)

Sidmouth Town       2-0       Camelford 

Wellington    0-3     Okehampton Arg

4 hours ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Some like PZ and Sticker choose not to enter.

Why would a club not enter? 

31 minutes ago, silly billy said:

Well done Dobwalls beating St Blazey 3-1. Shows the standard between the western league and SWPL is nothing. Expect St Blazey will be blaming the officials. Personally thought the officials were spot on. Maybe St Blazey need to learn the offside rule.

St Blazey a poorer team than last year. Lost a lot of quality and experience 

18 minutes ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

I think it can be expensive. A long away trip or hosting someone whose come a long way can make a hefty loss on the day! 

Yeah I think hosting is more expensive then being the away team , not sure though . As far as Blazey are concerned, I think it’s gonna be a long hard season . 

34 minutes ago, Chunkycheese said:

Why would a club not enter? 

St Blazey a poorer team than last year. Lost a lot of quality and experience 

If this was part of a trend by SWPL - W clubs I'd agree. It isn't. One off cup win against a weaker Blazey than last season. That said, still a notable win, so well done Dobwalls!

Watched Newquay vs Mullion this afternoon not the prettiest of matches and Mullion deserved something out of the game a draw would of been a fair result but 3 points to Newquay which they had to fight hard for and it was returning player Tom Shepherd who scored the winner after 4 mins a very soft goal.

Newquay where missing severel players today in Flannigan ,Price ,Cole and Briggs but the youngsters that stepped in did not let the side down and Josh Evans had  a real good game but it was the Newquay defence who worked hard throwing there bodies on the line with Blocks and Tackles Saunders and Downing where brilliant got to be best pairing in the league .

The young Goalie for Mullion had a fine game and was very confident Mullion are a very good team and the winger George Molcher had the beaten of Newquays full back all afternoon but they had no one to put the ball into the net if Mullion had a good striker it may of been a different score .

Mullion manager Rob Carey has got a good team there and they really deserved something out of this match and Rob even had time to have a talk with me and shook my hand showed what a good bloke he is hes right up there with Reg Hambly as the nicest managers in the league 

Right at the end of the game Mullion had a briiliant shot and Adam tipped it over and to everyones amazement the linesman gave it as a goalkick and the ref agreed should of gone to Specsvers i think Linesman .

Ok my Mom could of been Tom Shepherd who was brilliant on his return but no my MOM GOES TO MATT SAUNDERS AND FOR MULLION GEORGE MOLCHER great wing play .

Well done Newquay on a hard thought win and good luck to Mullion for the rest of the season 

I dont like to criticise the officials but some of the decisions where not right this afternoon .

Good Luck to Newquay vs St Dennis on Wednesday i wont be there or any evening matches anymore i just cannot see the match very well when the lights go on its all a blur to me .

Ok thats all Folks have a good week everyone 

6 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

Honiton Town first ever F AVase tie and the first ever meeting with Falmouth Town-it seems it could be their first competitive journey into Cornwall.

Bickland Park  3pm  Falmouth Town v Honiton Town

6-0 lukeBarner 2,  Cam Hutchisom,,Kian Thomas, Olly Walker and Max Everall-Falmouth have netted 14 goals this season from 11 different scorers.

Home to Crediton United (who defeated Liskeard 5-3)  in the2nd.Qu.Round on Sat.Sept.23rd.  Crediton are another club who have never met Falmouth previously.

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Watched Newquay vs Mullion this afternoon not the prettiest of matches and Mullion deserved something out of the game a draw would of been a fair result but 3 points to Newquay which they had to fight hard for and it was returning player Tom Shepherd who scored the winner after 4 mins a very soft goal.

Newquay where missing severel players today in Flannigan ,Price ,Cole and Briggs but the youngsters that stepped in did not let the side down and Josh Evans had  a real good game but it was the Newquay defence who worked hard throwing there bodies on the line with Blocks and Tackles Saunders and Downing where brilliant got to be best pairing in the league .

The young Goalie for Mullion had a fine game and was very confident Mullion are a very good team and the winger George Molcher had the beaten of Newquays full back all afternoon but they had no one to put the ball into the net if Mullion had a good striker it may of been a different score .

Mullion manager Rob Carey has got a good team there and they really deserved something out of this match and Rob even had time to have a talk with me and shook my hand showed what a good bloke he is hes right up there with Reg Hambly as the nicest managers in the league 

Right at the end of the game Mullion had a briiliant shot and Adam tipped it over and to everyones amazement the linesman gave it as a goalkick and the ref agreed should of gone to Specsvers i think Linesman .

Ok my Mom could of been Tom Shepherd who was brilliant on his return but no my MOM GOES TO MATT SAUNDERS AND FOR MULLION GEORGE MOLCHER great wing play .

Well done Newquay on a hard thought win and good luck to Mullion for the rest of the season 

I dont like to criticise the officials but some of the decisions where not right this afternoon .

Good Luck to Newquay vs St Dennis on Wednesday i wont be there or any evening matches anymore i just cannot see the match very well when the lights go on its all a blur to me .

Ok thats all Folks have a good week everyone 

Another good write up. Keep them coming 100%

1 hour ago, The Turk said:

massive test today with 8 missing for us boys, big thanks to 4/5 2nd teamers stepping up and helping out! regardless of that we did have a poor game today but that’s football, we go again bodmin wednesday! 

Why 8 missing? Injuries, suspensions or commitment issues? That starting XI still looked strong. Disappointing result.

3 minutes ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Why 8 missing? Injuries, suspensions or commitment issues? That starting XI still looked strong. Disappointing result.

just one of the days where everyone’s away/suspended all in go, woodsy had a niggle and come off at half time as well to add to it! like stated earlier we was just not at it today and fair play to crediton who were electric up front all game. back to the league wednesday👍🏻

St austell 2 Bodmin 1 

not a pretty performance but town go through. 2 quick goals from Martyn duff with a powerful near post finish and olly brokes with a header gave town a 2-0 lead before Bodmin pulled one back before half time, second half town should have pulled further ahead but couldn’t apply the finishing touch, Bodmin huffed and puffed played a very direct game but never really troubled the home keeper

job done in the hat for the next round home to sidmouth but they’ll have to step the performance up for it 

13 hours ago, The Turk said:

just one of the days where everyone’s away/suspended all in go, woodsy had a niggle and come off at half time as well to add to it! like stated earlier we was just not at it today and fair play to crediton who were electric up front all game. back to the league wednesday👍🏻

To have so many 'away' for what is the biggest and toughest game of the seasons n to date this season is a disappointment. FAV can both raise the profile of a club and earn it a few £. You can afford a few missing against bottom half of the SWPL -W but not against Creddy.

Well done the Kirton! A tough gig getting Falmouth away next round, but a good day out  I'm sure!

13 hours ago, Xavier1 said:

St austell 2 Bodmin 1 

not a pretty performance but town go through. 2 quick goals from Martyn duff with a powerful near post finish and olly brokes with a header gave town a 2-0 lead before Bodmin pulled one back before half time, second half town should have pulled further ahead but couldn’t apply the finishing touch, Bodmin huffed and puffed played a very direct game but never really troubled the home keeper

job done in the hat for the next round home to sidmouth but they’ll have to step the performance up for it 

What game was u watching ? Without scoring the second goal we was the better team for 60 mins . After going 2.0 down u didn’t trouble are keeper and we troubled yours . Had 2 stone wall pens turned down . The ref had a very poor game 

Some teams will win on merit ( seldom suggested ) some teams will win with luck, ( seldom admitted ) but there are an awful lot of teams that we are told lose because of absent players and poor referees.
The rules are that who scores most goals wins, and that's what really matters and why F.A. cup games in particular attract the crowds if there is a chance of a result upset.
Those teams that lost their Vase game have to accept their loss until next season before they will have another chance to put things right.

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 26 August 2023

It's the results that matter, not the opinions that will always differ from the referees decision depending on how it affected the team you support.

So much play acting goes on in todays football from the Premier League right down through to grassroots football, it must be extremely difficult to have to make an instant decision and be 100% correct every time.

1 hour ago, FootballChat said:

So you did or didn't miss any chances?

Me personally or the team ?was you at the game ? Because I had one Scored one we did have a couple chances others may of done better . Can think of 2 headers keeper made a great save and one when are midfielder had a free half volley and missed it . Them bad decisions did cost us second half tho how ever u look at it 

2 hours ago, Thewaltz9 said:

Me personally or the team ?was you at the game ? Because I had one Scored one we did have a couple chances others may of done better . Can think of 2 headers keeper made a great save and one when are midfielder had a free half volley and missed it . Them bad decisions did cost us second half tho how ever u look at it 

An easier reply is pay the 5/6 quid n come watch 😂

7 hours ago, Thewaltz9 said:

You personally. Did every shot you took go in?

You've blamed the referee and claimed 2 decisions cost you the game. 

If you've missed a chance though it could be argued that YOU cost your team the game. Or did a defender make a mistake for a goal you conceded? Is it their fault?

Or, hear me out, was it a case of the opposition were better? Hiding behind refereeing decisions is poor, I guarantee that as a team you made more errors than the referee over the course of 90 minutes.

2 hours ago, FootballChat said:

You personally. Did every shot you took go in?

You've blamed the referee and claimed 2 decisions cost you the game. 

If you've missed a chance though it could be argued that YOU cost your team the game. Or did a defender make a mistake for a goal you conceded? Is it their fault?

Or, hear me out, was it a case of the opposition were better? Hiding behind refereeing decisions is poor, I guarantee that as a team you made more errors than the referee over the course of 90 minutes.

It depends how obvious the refereeing mistakes are.

A mistake looking at something is harder to make than with the ball at the  feet at this level.

However,having said that,players do not make it easy for refs by constantly cheating....the amount of diving when slightly touched has gone up tremendously.....and also the amount of players asking for decisions that they surely don't believe themselves .

Add to that incidents that can be borderline......you can't call them mistakes.....and it adds up to some refs getting too hard a time.