Sticker
3 1 0 2 5 12 -7 3
Godolphin Atlantic (Newquay)
2 0 1 1 4 5 -1 1
Porthleven
4 0 1 3 1 13 -12 1
St Dennis
3 0 0 3 5 11 -6 0

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS and tables - Saturday 21 August 2021

Falmouth Town 5. Launceston 0.

Could have been billed as "The Waltz v. Wardy" but in the event, the contest was pretty much over within around 25 minutes when Town took a 3 goal lead in front of a lively F-Troop, fuelled by an early start in the clubhouse welcoming the all conquering 70s side who won an unprecedented eight straight SWL & WL titles.

Goals were scored in order by Luke Barner in the 2nd minute, Dave Broglino and then Alex Wharton who it seems knows the way to goal despite his tender years. 

Regarding Waltz v. Wardy, another clean sheet for TOWN tells the story but have to say that Waltz looked pretty sharp first-half and Wardy went off injured at half-time. I agree with Rappo that he will cause a few problems for defenders this season. However, he didn't get much change out of Ward and Annear at the heart of the Town defence.

Town got another two in the second half, from Barner and Brabyn and so have recorded all wins from 2-0 through to 6-0 so far this season.

A potentially tough game ahead next Saturday at home to Bodmin. Their all-star team could click at any time and Town will be hoping that doesn't happen next week. They would take a 1-0 you would think to complete the sequence of results and still keep the clean sheets going.

All in all another impressive performance and the Town go marching on!

40 minutes ago, The Town Man said:

Falmouth Town 5. Launceston 0.

Could have been billed as "The Waltz v. Wardy" but in the event, the contest was pretty much over within around 25 minutes when Town took a 3 goal lead in front of a lively F-Troop, fuelled by an early start in the clubhouse welcoming the all conquering 70s side who won an unprecedented eight straight SWL & WL titles.

Goals were scored in order by Luke Barner in the 2nd minute, Dave Broglino and then Alex Wharton who it seems knows the way to goal despite his tender years. 

Regarding Waltz v. Wardy, another clean sheet for TOWN tells the story but have to say that Waltz looked pretty sharp first-half and Wardy went off injured at half-time. I agree with Rappo that he will cause a few problems for defenders this season. However, he didn't get much change out of Ward and Annear at the heart of the Town defence.

Town got another two in the second half, from Barner and Brabyn and so have recorded all wins from 2-0 through to 6-0 so far this season.

A potentially tough game ahead next Saturday at home to Bodmin. Their all-star team could click at any time and Town will be hoping that doesn't happen next week. They would take a 1-0 you would think to complete the sequence of results and still keep the clean sheets going.

All in all another impressive performance and the Town go marching on!

Credit to luke brabyn for carrying on with a head wound ,Terry Butcher style ,then supplying barner with the pass for his 2nd of the game ,before blasting the ball past the keeper himself for the final goal . All in front of a crowd of 342 . 👏

An impressive looking result for Falmouth, but I can't help thinking that visitors Launceston deserved to get something out of this match, even if it was just the one goal on the score sheet for their effort!

Town couldn't have got off to a better start with a goal after less than two minutes. Luke Barner the scorer after a Dave Broglino corner was headed back across the 6 yard box from the far post by James Ward.

When Broglino lashed home the second with only seven minutes played, I did fear for the visitors! However, they managed to get back in the game but most of their attacks never really threatened Ryan Barnes, as the Town central defence pair of Ward and Tom Annear, were first to any crosses.

It’s good to see raw, fresh talent being given their chance at Bickland and Alex Wharton seems to be enjoying himself and capped a sound performance with Falmouth’s third.

Game over as far as the points were concerned but give Launceston some credit. They rearranged things slightly at half time and actually Gareth Jones should have headed in a Ryan Yeoman free-kick three minutes after the half time restart and who knows that might have changed things!

As it was, that was the nearest the Clarets came to becoming the first team this season to score against Falmouth. 

Barner pounced again late on to cap a fine personal performance and Brabyn completed the scoring after causing Launceston’s back line trouble all afternoon. He’s a handful!

callington town 3  st dennis 1

was planning on going to liskeard, but was off , anyhow this is the 3rd time i have watched callington at marsh parc, they played a little different with two big forwards and more direct, mainly because they were missing a few of the usual midfield from what i could see,

callington could of scored double what they did, they missed a hatfull of chances in the 2nd half played  in a torrential downpour, which lasted most of the half, the player that got his hatrick  took his goals well,  st dennis looked a bit lost against a bigger and stronger team, ref was ok, and game was played in good spirits....

9 hours ago, tamar.man said:

callington town 3  st dennis 1

was planning on going to liskeard, but was off , anyhow this is the 3rd time i have watched callington at marsh parc, they played a little different with two big forwards and more direct, mainly because they were missing a few of the usual midfield from what i could see,

callington could of scored double what they did, they missed a hatfull of chances in the 2nd half played  in a torrential downpour, which lasted most of the half, the player that got his hatrick  took his goals well,  st dennis looked a bit lost against a bigger and stronger team, ref was ok, and game was played in good spirits....

A workmanlike 3 points for Cally against a limited St Dennis side. The latter did go close a few times first half and 2-0 flattered the Pasty Men. Second half, in monsoon conditions, saw the hosts have numerous chances, but only a super dipping shot registered. 

Credit to St Dennis for sticking with it and a late goal was deserved. 

Overall, not a game to live in the memory!

Lastly, having not produced a programne for my two previous visits to the Marsh, good to see one on offer today. Good stuff Cally!

I also took in the game at Falmouth yesterday, second time I’ve seen them this season, ground unbelievable, atmosphere even better.

as for the game, Falmouth…I believe will win the league with not much pressure, great team. Mind you, was never under any real threat today from what I thought was a very poor Lanson side, I watched them this time last year against Falmouth and the performance wasn’t much different, which is a shame.

Lovely little club I’d like to see them try and get hold of a better front man, small blonde bloke up top didn’t do much to help his team today. 

Looking forward to my first trip to St Blazey on Wednesday for what I’ve been told will be a cracking tie after last years conflict 

Sticker 0 Dobwalls1

Not the best of games to watch and the visitors made hard work of it despite being in control for large periods of the game, they squandered a few good chances.

Sticker were saved on occasions by the young keeper who made a string of fine saves, Their big centre half had a good game and thwarted more than a few of the visitors attacking moves.

The deadlock was broken just before the break when Joe Jasper was upended in the box, the Dobwalls striker Kelvin fyneboys made no mistake from the penalty spot.

The visitors will no doubt be happy with the 3 points but less so with their overall performance?

The referee had a good game, there were a few fiery moments that he dealt with in a calm manner and he explained his decisions when challenged.

On 21/08/2021 at 21:23, mattelot said:

Credit to luke brabyn for carrying on with a head wound ,Terry Butcher style ,then supplying barner with the pass for his 2nd of the game ,before blasting the ball past the keeper himself for the final goal . All in front of a crowd of 342 . 👏

342 Attendance was the highest Step 6 in Britain. 

With a 271 v Penzance  what are the expectations for the Local Derby v   4th. placed Penryn in the Cup  in two weeks ?

23 hours ago, Greygen said:

I also took in the game at Falmouth yesterday, second time I’ve seen them this season, ground unbelievable, atmosphere even better.

as for the game, Falmouth…I believe will win the league with not much pressure, great team. Mind you, was never under any real threat today from what I thought was a very poor Lanson side, I watched them this time last year against Falmouth and the performance wasn’t much different, which is a shame.

Lovely little club I’d like to see them try and get hold of a better front man, small blonde bloke up top didn’t do much to help his team today. 

Looking forward to my first trip to St Blazey on Wednesday for what I’ve been told will be a cracking tie after last years conflict 

Was it waltz up front?

5 hours ago, Pedro said:

Sticker 0 Dobwalls1

Not the best of games to watch and the visitors made hard work of it despite being in control for large periods of the game, they squandered a few good chances.

Sticker were saved on occasions by the young keeper who made a string of fine saves, Their big centre half had a good game and thwarted more than a few of the visitors attacking moves.

The deadlock was broken just before the break when Joe Jasper was upended in the box, the Dobwalls striker Kelvin fyneboys made no mistake from the penalty spot.

The visitors will no doubt be happy with the 3 points but less so with their overall performance?

The referee had a good game, there were a few fiery moments that he dealt with in a calm manner and he explained his decisions when challenged.

Pedro - I took in this game as well and would agree with what you have said. Every time I have watched Dobwalls they have played a quick long ball to pacy strikers and it works for them - in this game they appeared to try and play on the ground, through the middle and it just didn’t work.

Feel a bit sorry for Sticker, great club, manager and support staff, but they lack any real quality and that costs them at crucial times. 

Couple of things about Dobwalls, boy can Kelvin moan and the lad who came on second half, I believe a relative of the manager - why? the player who came off didn’t look tired or injured and the lad who came on never got involved in the game at all. 

2 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

342 Attendance was the highest Step 6 in Britain. 

With a 271 v Penzance  what are the expectations for the Local Derby v   4th. placed Penryn in the Cup  in two weeks ?

Got to be 500 plus I would have thought Mike. There were  several penryn people there on Saturday ,one with a penryn shirt on and a town scarf round his neck .😁

Just now, mattelot said:

Got to be 500 plus I would have thought Mike. There were  several penryn people there on Saturday ,one with a penryn shirt on and a town scarf round his neck .😁

Just seen the Porthleven attendance v Falmouth  272  this coupled with the F troop gathering at Wendron which saw  a 380 gate.

2 hours ago, mattelot said:

He's undercover, with orders to break the drum!

Job done, now for the ghetto blaster.

1 hour ago, Philheybrookbay said:

Clevedon v Saltash attendance 103

Brislington v Saltash I think was down in the 80s

I’ve seen some Western Premier gates in the 40s between Bristol clubs this year. That’s appalling. 

Edit Cadbury Heath last two home games 41 and 45. 

There'll be one or two Western League treasurers hoping that Falmouth get promoted this season. A coachload (or two) of hungry and thirsty F-Troop in the clubhouse before and after the game will get the till ringing nicely. They may have moaned about the trip down to Plymouth in the past few seasons, but they quite liked Parkway away supporters putting 50-100 on the gate.

2 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

There'll be one or two Western League treasurers hoping that Falmouth get promoted this season. A coachload (or two) of hungry and thirsty F-Troop in the clubhouse before and after the game will get the till ringing nicely. They may have moaned about the trip down to Plymouth in the past few seasons, but they quite liked Parkway away supporters putting 50-100 on the 

Most of the clubs in swpl will be hoping town don't I would suspect .They'll be losing 100 -150 off the gate plus lost bar takings . 🤔