Cornwall Football Forum

What our the admission prices for the Kitchen Premier league this year

I was wandering what the prices are to go into matches this year because last week i was charged £6 to watch Ne wquay vs Penzance but i see most places are keeping the same prices as last year£5 i suppose Newquay have got to charge that price to pay all the ex Godolphin players they have playing for them ,i have also heard its going to cost £10 to watch Newquay vs Street at the Gs ground theres no way im going to pay that at some clubs they look at me and think hes a pensioner not far off 64 this year .I dont mind paying the money but dont want to get ripped off.Also will there be track and Trace at St Dennis ground tmmrw

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

I was wandering what the prices are to go into matches this year because last week i was charged £6 to watch Ne wquay vs Penzance but i see most places are keeping the same prices as last year£5 i suppose Newquay have got to charge that price to pay all the ex Godolphin players they have playing for them ,i have also heard its going to cost £10 to watch Newquay vs Street at the Gs ground theres no way im going to pay that at some clubs they look at me and think hes a pensioner not far off 64 this year .I dont mind paying the money but dont want to get ripped off.Also will there be track and Trace at St Dennis ground tmmrw

£10 isn't bad for an evenings entertainment to be fair

100% - most clubs are charging £5, which considering the standard Western Prem entry is £6, seems about right. I assume the price was higher to ensure Godolphin got paid and Newquay got a ‘gate receipt’. Like you I do feel that there should be a maximum amount clubs can charge - last year St Austell and another club (from memory) charged £6 Which for me is insulting to spectators to charge the same as the league above - if they can’t manage on £5 entry pay their players less - especially if St Austell do the same this year with a team (whilst good) were tier 7 last season. 
The FA Cup and Vase raise extra issues for clubs as they have to pay away travelling costs / part gate receipts / extra for officials as they travel further etc - but even so £10 is just not right - especially as some clubs do not pay anything to players for cup games and put any money made into the club!!

Look forward to seeing you on the touchline soon - shame I didn’t see you at the Camels v Godolphin game. 

No didnt go to the Camels game Bobjfh dont like night driving ,i will be at St Dennis tmmrw hoping the G get something there i like going there and Sticker very friendly people nice clubs , be watching the G next week they got a nice easy game against Bodmin who havnt got off tothe best of starts but Mr Gilbert will soon sort that out i suppose they got a whole new team and will take time for them to get to know each ,like here at the G they are all young lads and Andy will get them playing for him.

1 hour ago, Bobjfh said:

100% - most clubs are charging £5, which considering the standard Western Prem entry is £6, seems about right. I assume the price was higher to ensure Godolphin got paid and Newquay got a ‘gate receipt’. Like you I do feel that there should be a maximum amount clubs can charge - last year St Austell and another club (from memory) charged £6 Which for me is insulting to spectators to charge the same as the league above - if they can’t manage on £5 entry pay their players less - especially if St Austell do the same this year with a team (whilst good) were tier 7 last season. 
The FA Cup and Vase raise extra issues for clubs as they have to pay away travelling costs / part gate receipts / extra for officials as they travel further etc - but even so £10 is just not right - especially as some clubs do not pay anything to players for cup games and put any money made into the club!!

Look forward to seeing you on the touchline soon - shame I didn’t see you at the Camels v Godolphin game. 

The other club was Falmouth Town!

19 minutes ago, herbie777 said:

You could go and still have 13 pounds change. What about if u meet me at any game of your choice I will pay for both of us to get in buy us both a pasty and a pint and donate 20 pounds to a charity of your choice.

herbie777, does that apply to me as well? I am also a miserable and miserly old sod who resents spending my pension on the wages of overpaid and underperforming players and an overpriced pint (have I convinced you yet?)!

3 hours ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Join the back of the queue Older, besides, you’re nowhere near grumpy enough yet. Work on it and we could have an old folks outing with herbie picking up the bill!

Not grumpy enough? 

A lot of people would not agree with that!

Screenshot_20200912-213150_Chrome.jpg

I was told this morning i should be paying only £3 to go and watch my local sides im 63 and i have been told im classed as a pensioner is this right because i have always paid £5 or in some cases with Newquay £6 only have paid £3 at 1 ground Wadebridge maybe the teams i go watch think im only in my 30s think i will have to start carrying my birth certificate its 27 12 1956 wont forget that in a hurry same day i lost my day to a stroke in 1981 he was 67 Lost my mum also to a stroke DEC 28TH 2009 so Christmas is a bad time for me

Most clubs have embraced the equality legislation which accepts that men and women should be treated equally (about time, they tend to live longer than us), which is why the pension age for women is creeping up faster than men’s in order to eventually achieve parity. I’m not sure where the equation is now but my club membership changed to pensioner rate from age 60 a few years back (they didn’t backdate it and give us all refunds though!).

This has still  not cleared this up at what age are you classed as a pensioner and need to only pay £3 i will be going to St Blazey in a couple of weeks because i have go to take someone to St Austell Hospital and i have seen Blazey will be playing Bodmin that day so i think i will pop into my fav ground and take that game in .How much will it be over to you Paul ?

I just bought a ticket for Saturdays Parkway game at £6. How can clubs in the SWPL honestly charge the same for a league lower. It is just taking the p**s out of their local supporters - I know it’s ‘only’ a £1 but it is just not right - if the reason is to pay inflated player costs - then don’t pay them so much - until at least they are promoted and can reasonably charge the extra £1. Some clubs need to take a serious look at themselves and how they treat fans. 

18 minutes ago, Keith B said:

Mmm - not sure that's true RR. The gate money alone wouldn't cover wages at that rate. Some clubs must have wealthy sugar daddies if true.

Well if quoted, SOME of that leagues players are getting £70-80 a game. 5-6 games a month. I get that taking time away from family to go from Saltash to Penzance on a Tuesday night should have some incentive, but shouldn't there be a greater incentive for the joy of playing?

29 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

I just bought a ticket for Saturdays Parkway game at £6. How can clubs in the SWPL honestly charge the same for a league lower. It is just taking the p**s out of their local supporters - I know it’s ‘only’ a £1 but it is just not right - if the reason is to pay inflated player costs - then don’t pay them so much - until at least they are promoted and can reasonably charge the extra £1. Some clubs need to take a serious look at themselves and how they treat fans. 

This is the reason that I do not attend Falmouth any more, 6pounds a ticket is extortionate!

33 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

This is the reason that I do not attend Falmouth any more, 6pounds a ticket is extortionate!

But BIG AL let’s me honest on here and tell us : would you actually go anyway, whatever the admission price? You have no doubt seen many of us offer you ways in the past to get you to games to watch them and you ignore them all!

40 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

But BIG AL let’s me honest on here and tell us : would you actually go anyway, whatever the admission price? You have no doubt seen many of us offer you ways in the past to get you to games to watch them and you ignore them all!

I have watched more matches at Bickland than most and now I have reached pensionable age every penny is accounted for. No doubt with all those on Furlough the admission price is afforded by most!

4 hours ago, Keith B said:

I'm not suggesting players shouldn't get paid - I just can't believe some of the cash allegedly paid out. I believe some players were being paid in the old Jolly's Combination League - the gate money would never have covered that, gates were so low so, the money must have come from private individuals. Best of luck to the players getting paid, wages in the South West are generally very low compared with the rest of the country. Why not get paid for the game you love playing.

It's interesting as someone who sees more Combined Counties (Surrey/Hampshire/Middlesex) football, to read the views regarding money spent on players.  In the Combined Counties the difference between the Step Six & Step Five leagues is pretty slim, and I know of one club who in 2018/19 were paying £3,500 a week, and another who were spending £2,000. 

I also know of a specific striker who was paid "a four figure fee" for a month at the end of the season to try and help get his club over the line.  And those clubs average substantially lower attendances than some of the bigger SWPL clubs...

3 hours ago, Keith B said:

Blimey are those known facts GR or just what you heard ? Hope those clubs were truthful with their tax returns. If the gate money was comparatively low - where did the money come from to pay those players ?

A statement of accounts at the AGM of course should reveal all, perhaps you were / are a club member somewhere. Just saying - obviously you haven't got to answer that.

I'm not a club member, but that is from an official at one of the two clubs.  As with most (sensible) people, I'm generally sceptical of some of the figures bandied about, but on this occasion I'd say the person in question definitely would have known (and signed off on) the numbers.

I know some clubs at that level have pretty wealthy people involved - but this region - and the Isthmian league at a higher level, do certainly have some weird amounts of money sloshing around.  East Grinstead Town, for example, who are currently heavily financially underwritten by... the Church of Scientology!

GRT - I don’t doubt your figures, but this is more about individual egos than value for money. The actual running cost of a club at this level, to maintain the ground and facilities, officials fees etc etc are in excess of £20k pa -  before a ball is kicked. With 25/6 home games a season and a crowd of a hundred - this means that before considering paying players, clubs have to raise the best part of £10k from sponsorship (which is more often kit etc rather than cash) or bar profits (which on average are not huge) just to survive. So whatever anyone says - money for paying players comes from ‘outside’ the club structure. If you looked at the FA rules for professional clubs - a lot of the big spending tier 6/5 clubs would be sanctioned over their spending. It is just frustrating to see clubs throwing money about and ruining all the hard work put in by club committees / volunteers and supporters - especially when a lot of the players are paid on reputation rather than performance - to massage a ‘sugar daddies’ ego. 
What would be nice would be to see every club declare their spending budget on players and see where they finish in the league - would never happen but some clubs will pay a fortune to finish mid table. 

I don't disagree with you at all.  Not to mention the question which always exists of "what happens when the sugar daddy loses interest?".  Glenn Tamplin at Billericay being just one recent example.  

I only mentioned the comparison because of the figures - in the SWPL it seems that £70-80 is considered throwing money at players, whilst equivalent leagues in other parts of the country are massively outspending that.  I think, personally, that the money seems incongruous in the SWPL because it doesn't necessarily reflect the ambition of the clubs.  Spending that level, purely to try and win the same league over and over again seems a touch redundant, where by comparison, because promotion doesn't necessarily have the same travel implications in my region, it's a lot more common for clubs to spend big with a stated aim of going up through the leagues.  Chertsey Town did exactly that, as a case in point.  It's also arguable that their speculation on wages would have been more than offset by their FA Vase success as well.

It's why - again just my opinion - the idea that Helston may spend a lot of money relative to the division seems acceptable, as they're doing so with the express intention of taking a promotion and challenging higher in the pyramid, a la Parkway.

1 hour ago, Keith B said:

At the club AGM the balance of accounts must be presented to the members. This is the law.

If any club with a paying membership falls into dept - the club ie, the members, are liable for that dept ! Perhaps members should be reminded of that. The club members should make sure all money is accounted for and - that the club is adequately insured, that is, the players and the club's public liability cover. 

The clubs trustees are ultimately liable for any debt not the members Keith. 

Yes, we do charge £6 for entry to watch Newquay. We haven't had an income since March, like all clubs. However, we are refurbishing the clubhouse and Canteen, which doesn't come for free. We also repaired the roof of the clubhouse, which again really wasn't a cheap job. We are upgrading our floodlights, again... not cheap. We have played two home games where we have had to pay to use another ground, so no actual income coming in. Many clubs at our level across the country charge £6. A friend of mine is chairman at Atherton LR in the NWCFL and they have charged £6 for the last two seasons. We certainly aren't paying stupid money on players, but even if we did it would be our choice to do that.  We are not the only club charging £6, we are not ripping anybody off. 

In the Western League, Willand Rovers are charging £7. I was there when they played Bridport. 

As for charging £10!!! That is laughable, who ever started that rumour is very wide of the mark. Our match poster is out and as been since Monday, the prices are clearly marked on there.  Clubs have the right to charge whatever they feel they need to, if it's too high, people won't pay it, if it's too low clubs won't survive. 

We also hold free to enter competitions to win two free tickets which are open to anybody. So even if somebody can't afford to go, they can still have a chance to win. In the programme, we also give away two free tickets in one of them. So, we pretty much give away four free tickets to every game. Two in the facebook competition, two in the programme.

This week against Street, we are putting a voucher in every programme that entitles everybody who buys a programme, to a free hot drink when they purchase hot food. 

Oh, and it is £6 on Saturday.... not £10 😂

1 hour ago, Footy follower said:

Willand are in the southern league

You are correct, of course. But the point still strands, £6 is not unreasonable or a rip off. As volunteers, we give our time for free to ensure our clubs run. Part of that is making sure the books balance. It is a thankless task of course and there is always somebody out there that can do better (actually do better, and there are those who talk a good job), All of us at clubs would like more volunteers. We are lucky at Newquay, we have a wide ranging skill set at the club, with some relatively young blood. Many clubs have elderly committees that can't attract a younger age range.  Maybe some people on this forum could join a club and see what is actually involved, it would be much appreciated I am sure. You will then get to see the work that goes in and the costs involved. You will certainly see that we can achieve a lot on £6 entry, but it still doesn't cover that much.  

As for the time involved, most of us work full time in real jobs and work our clubs around that. We had one guy messaging us almost every other day with a whinge about something, then took offence when told I was on a 14 hour shift at work, so couldn't always update instantly. I would love to be full time in football, but alas, just like the players, we are part time. Only, we don't get paid. 

1 hour ago, Keith B said:

Only if there are trustees older ?

Then the debt or any liability falls on the officers of the club, it basically filters down the food chain.

Ultimately of course the club in its entirety is liable...it closes and is sold off.

If the sale does not clear the debt then it reverts back upon the officers/trustees if the creditors choose to pursue it.

With St Blazey floodlights failing again it is my opinion that the 2 results should stand at the time of the games being abandoned and

before any body comes back that its a certain number of minutes that have to be played for the results to stand , I feel that at the very 

least the 2 abandoned games should be free entry if replayed and both Liskeard and Newquay and their supporters have been put to additional costs

and should not be charged.

I for one did not receive a refund at the Newquay game but I understand a few who did at the very end  so St Blazey should not benefit again  from rescheduled

games.