Cornwall Football Forum

What our the admission prices for the Kitchen Premier league this year

8 hours ago, Eisern Union said:

Yes, we do charge £6 for entry to watch Newquay. We haven't had an income since March, like all clubs. However, we are refurbishing the clubhouse and Canteen, which doesn't come for free. We also repaired the roof of the clubhouse, which again really wasn't a cheap job. We are upgrading our floodlights, again... not cheap. We have played two home games where we have had to pay to use another ground, so no actual income coming in. Many clubs at our level across the country charge £6. A friend of mine is chairman at Atherton LR in the NWCFL and they have charged £6 for the last two seasons. We certainly aren't paying stupid money on players, but even if we did it would be our choice to do that.  We are not the only club charging £6, we are not ripping anybody off. 

In the Western League, Willand Rovers are charging £7. I was there when they played Bridport. 

As for charging £10!!! That is laughable, who ever started that rumour is very wide of the mark. Our match poster is out and as been since Monday, the prices are clearly marked on there.  Clubs have the right to charge whatever they feel they need to, if it's too high, people won't pay it, if it's too low clubs won't survive. 

We also hold free to enter competitions to win two free tickets which are open to anybody. So even if somebody can't afford to go, they can still have a chance to win. In the programme, we also give away two free tickets in one of them. So, we pretty much give away four free tickets to every game. Two in the facebook competition, two in the programme.

This week against Street, we are putting a voucher in every programme that entitles everybody who buys a programme, to a free hot drink when they purchase hot food. 

Oh, and it is £6 on Saturday.... not £10 😂

Well done Eisern Union, at last some facts! Admission last season at Newquay AFC was in line with the majority of other clubs in the league. Men under 65 - six pounds, Over 65s - three pounds. Ladies under 60 - six pounds, Ladies Over 60 - three pounds. 

The Newquay Club is very fortunate to have secured some very able people to oversee a major refurbishment at the Club. I wish them nothing but success in their endeavours. 

17 minutes ago, Keith B said:

Thank you older. So the officers of the club being The Chairman, the Treasurer and Club Secretary. Is the holder of the clubs alcohol licence an officer ? Please excuse my ignorance. 

Normally the treasurer would hold the license. 

Yes they are the officers of the club and I suspect most do not know their personal liability!

Take cricket as an example, a ball leaving the ground and striking /killing somebody the officers are liable not the club!

From memory 3 clubs have been in this position and all the officers lost their houses in compensation to the victim!

7 hours ago, Bazzer said:

With St Blazey floodlights failing again it is my opinion that the 2 results should stand at the time of the games being abandoned and

before any body comes back that its a certain number of minutes that have to be played for the results to stand , I feel that at the very 

least the 2 abandoned games should be free entry if replayed and both Liskeard and Newquay and their supporters have been put to additional costs

and should not be charged.

I for one did not receive a refund at the Newquay game but I understand a few who did at the very end  so St Blazey should not benefit again  from rescheduled

games.

I let them know last night that I was at the Newquay game and was allowed free entry . At the end of last nights fiasco , entrance fee was being reimbursement. Took my money and ran 😂

8 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Normally the treasurer would hold the license. 

Yes they are the officers of the club and I suspect most do not know their personal liability!

Take cricket as an example, a ball leaving the ground and striking /killing somebody the officers are liable not the club!

From memory 3 clubs have been in this position and all the officers lost their houses in compensation to the victim!

Surely such a tragic incident would be covered under public liability insurance dave .Or did the clubs involved not have any ?

24 minutes ago, mattelot said:

Surely such a tragic incident would be covered under public liability insurance dave .Or did the clubs involved not have any ?

All depending on what measures the club/clubs put in place.

Quite a few have been closed because they have not bothered.

I was surprised when I was reading about it a few years ago. 

You know what it's like when a football leaves the ground, that can cause problems with neighbours!