Wadebridge Town Res         P-P            Millbrook Res

WEST

Illogan RBL                          3-2              Perranporth

Mousehole Reserves           P-P            St Day

Penryn Athletic                        P-P             Hayle

Redruth United                        P-P           Perranwell

St Ives Town               2-1             Helston Athletic Res

Wendron United Res            2-2             Mullion

I’m going for less than that Andy! Games all over the country falling by the wayside already! Even televised games getting postponed tonight!! Like Bakes said another load of rain on the way later as well on top of the already saturated pitches. We live in hope for next week I suppose!? 🙄🤔

St Ives 2 v 1 Helston

helston arrived at the saltings with a really strong side and took the lead early on with a goal from the really impressive number 11. 

By the half hour mark St Ives had turned the deficit into a 2-1 lead with goals from Clymo and penalty from Joe Day. 

second half Helston applied a lot of pressure without carving out any real opportunities. 

I felt they should have had a penalty but the ref didn’t agree. St Ives had a couple of half chances in the second half but largely spent the half defending there lead. 

from the two games we have played helston I can’t believe they are lying 9th in the table two really hard games and one win a piece. 

best of luck to them for the rest a nice bunch. 

Illogan RBL 3, Perranporth 2

My 1st game since Feb 1st! Still, nice to be in Illogan's lovely new stand: dry, with a good view.

Goals 0 - 1 (10) - Wort, a clever lob from distance

1 - 1 (less than 60 seconds later), Illogan's No 9, far post header off a cross from the left.

2 - 1 (45+4), don't know who, a long mazey run from deep through half the P'porth defence to give Illogan a very unlikely lead.

3 - 1 (50), big central defender off a free kick, after P'porth missed an ABSOLUTE open goal, the lad hit a post when, at the risk of using a cliche which in this case is actually true, it was harder to miss than to score.

3 - 2, (56) Boon pulled one back.

From then on Illogan defended grimly. They did have a massive free kick from 10 yds inside the P'porth half that looked goal-bound until diverted just over the bar by a defender.

Nice to see Glen Mather, nice yarn about this and that and how football was better in our day (it was !). P'porth have recently lost a load of players to St Dennis through a move by their ex-manager. Down the years, too much of this has happened, putting some clubs into great difficulty. It can't be good for the game but as usual the football authorities seem incapable of preventing it happening. It's happened to Penryn, Threemilestone, it caused Carharrack to fold, now P'porth's 2nd XI is getting creamed because several of them are having to play in the 1st team - and there must be loads more examples that I've either forgotten (increasingly a problem for me!) or have never known about. Dave Deacon probably knows a lot more examples.

£1.50 entry, £1 for a tea, good banter: hope there's fewer postponements due to the weather but I won't hold my breath!