ST PIRAN LEAGUE WEST

Hayle    3-1            St Agnes

Ludgvan        2-0             Wendron United Reserves

Mousehole Reserves        2-3             Illogan RBL

Mullion      0-3         Falmouth Town Reserves

Penryn Athletic    1-2           Perranporth

St Ives Town        6-2            St Day

3 hours ago, haylemed said:

Hayle 3. St Agnes 1. (Cameron Irish 2 Kane Williams. Att.32.

Or, after 26 mins into the 2nd half, Att 31!

First went to Carharrack, wasted journey, so drove a bit quickly to Hayle. Quickly, that is, until the tailback for Hayle roundabout! Where DOES all this traffic come from half way through October? Arrived having missed the 1st goal, saw the 2nd from the clubhouse door as I went to get a hot choc from the vending machine. Interesting 1st half with Aggie pulling one back and not undeservedly. Second half nip and tuck (Well done again to Greg with his anti-divot fork at half time - and no, I didn't just go for a free cuppa but it was nice to have it offered!). It was a case of who scored the next goal, really. Saw a brilliant point-blank save by the Aggie 'keeper - then my 'phone went. M-in-law (95 in 2 weeks) had pressed her lifeline button and had taken a fall (bit like Suarez used to) so I had to leave and drive even faster back to Redruth.

She looked like she was dying but 2 hours and a couple of paramedics later, she was sat up and joking with everyone: no broken bones, so no hospital.

So I missed that vital next goal which obviously went to Hayle. Good game of football, lots of skills on show. Players in this league do need to master the art of the weighted pass, though! Calmly reffed by Alan Hoon (at least, until I left) whose son Josh, of course, is a paramedic like the two great lads who attended M-in-law.

Probably go to Truro Tuesday evening - only a fiver entry for old farts so not bad.

On 11/10/2019 at 22:25, bigbadbarry said:

Would say Hayle, Mousehole and Mullion should be ok , Ludgvan and Penryn hold water and st ives well you never know with that pitch

St ives duck pond. Was it waterlogged. No doubt hayle was on best ground in cornwall

16 hours ago, Keith B said:

In my day I can't remember matches ever being called off - unless a nearby river overflowed its banks. We just dribbled around the puddles and of course, slide tackles were allowed in those days. There were some admirable experts at slide tackles too. Studs up of course - how the heck else would you slide tackle properly !

Amen brother bring back the glory days of muddy cow fields

2 hours ago, Tom Trust said:

Or, after 26 mins into the 2nd half, Att 31!

First went to Carharrack, wasted journey, so drove a bit quickly to Hayle. Quickly, that is, until the tailback for Hayle roundabout! Where DOES all this traffic come from half way through October? Arrived having missed the 1st goal, saw the 2nd from the clubhouse door as I went to get a hot choc from the vending machine. Interesting 1st half with Aggie pulling one back and not undeservedly. Second half nip and tuck (Well done again to Greg with his anti-divot fork at half time - and no, I didn't just go for a free cuppa but it was nice to have it offered!). It was a case of who scored the next goal, really. Saw a brilliant point-blank save by the Aggie 'keeper - then my 'phone went. M-in-law (95 in 2 weeks) had pressed her lifeline button and had taken a fall (bit like Suarez used to) so I had to leave and drive even faster back to Redruth.

She looked like she was dying but 2 hours and a couple of paramedics later, she was sat up and joking with everyone: no broken bones, so no hospital.

So I missed that vital next goal which obviously went to Hayle. Good game of football, lots of skills on show. Players in this league do need to master the art of the weighted pass, though! Calmly reffed by Alan Hoon (at least, until I left) whose son Josh, of course, is a paramedic like the two great lads who attended M-in-law.

Probably go to Truro Tuesday evening - only a fiver entry for old farts so not bad.

I hope the mother in law is back to full nagging soon tom. Great write up, gutted to miss it, but some times to keep the peace and prevent being devorsed i had to take the old witch to Plymouth for a shopping day. £5 to watch truro i maybe keen to go aswel. Who are they playing?

What a set up Mousehole has become...lovely place to play apart from the road getting in! Lol. 

Nice to see ongoing improvements since the the last time we visited.

Are the floodlights ready to use?

In terms of the game...good football from both sides, enjoyable match to play in. Three 16 year olds in Illogan squad..great to see. Ciran going on to score his first goal. Must mention Paul William's in goal for Mousehole...some un real saves. 

All the best. 👍🏻

Illogan goals.. 

Ciran Budge

Jack Adam's

Steve Abbott-Smith 

9 hours ago, Mr.green said:

St ives duck pond. Was it waterlogged. No doubt hayle was on best ground in cornwall

Amen brother bring back the glory days of muddy cow fields

I hope the mother in law is back to full nagging soon tom. Great write up, gutted to miss it, but some times to keep the peace and prevent being devorsed i had to take the old witch to Plymouth for a shopping day. £5 to watch truro i maybe keen to go aswel. Who are they playing?

Poole. Top fixture, judging by the table.

30 minutes ago, S Abbo said:

What a set up Mousehole has become...lovely place to play apart from the road getting in! Lol. 

Nice to see ongoing improvements since the the last time we visited.

Are the floodlights ready to use?

In terms of the game...good football from both sides, enjoyable match to play in. Three 16 year olds in Illogan squad..great to see. Ciran going on to score his first goal. Must mention Paul William's in goal for Mousehole...some un real saves. 

All the best. 👍🏻

Illogan goals.. 

Ciran Budge

Jack Adam's

Steve Abbott-Smith 

First game under lights scheduled to be the SWPL Cup v Porthleven on the Friday, 25th October.

On 11/10/2019 at 18:12, Dave Deacon said:

ST PIRAN LEAGUE EAST

AFC St Austell Reserves     3-2             Wadebridge Town Reserves

Bude Town           5-3             Polperro

Callington Town Reserves P-P          Millbrook Reserves

Morwenstow      P-P          Lanreath

Saltash United Reserves    1-5             St Mawgan

Sticker Reserves  2-1         Liskeard Athletic Reserves

ST PIRAN LEAGUE WEST

Hayle    3-1            St Agnes

Ludgvan        2-0             Wendron United Reserves

Mousehole Reserves        2-3             Illogan RBL

Mullion      0-3         Falmouth Town Reserves

Penryn Athletic    1-2           Perranporth

St Ives Town        6-2            St Day

League tables please.

Yeah sorry gents, bit tough to write a report from 36’000 feet! Not keen on the apple pies, I’ll have the custard though. Won’t be eating much don’t think, New York prices doubled since I was here last 5 years ago! You see a price, add 10% tax, then add the 20% tip!! Even the tramps are turning their nose up at loose change! Just want notes! Saw one yesterday with a Arsenal hoody, Adidas tracksuit bottoms, pack of fags, Starbucks large coffee, eating a Phili cheese steak! Felt like taking a few dollars out his pot, he’s living better than me! Off to Celtic v Ross County next week but normal service will be resumed Saturday week no doubt!? All for the love of Cornish football! 👍