Hayle     1-2         Perranporth

Helston Athletic Reserves 1-1             Illogan RBL

Ludgvan               2-6             Falmouth Town Reserves

Mousehole Reserves          0-1             St Agnes

Mullion 0-1         St Day

Penryn Athletic    2-1             St Ives Town

Perranwell           1-2             Redruth United

Perranwell 1 (0) Redruth United 2 (0)

First half both teams tried to play football but with no end product. Second half we upped the effort but still no goals then we made a substitution and the ball fell in the box and Charlie squared it for jago to score. Then Tom picked the ball up from centre half and drove for the opposition box and shot into the bottom left hand corner. Tried to  manage the game but being Redruth we let the score a goal to make it a nervous last ten minutes, but we held out for a hard worked win. Was great to see the 3, 16 year olds getting more game time and valuable experience.about 25 watching 

Paul c to be fair the game was played in good spirits. Well reffed by Ian Roberts who awarded a penalty for handball when their fullback picked the ball up from a clash of heads to stop the game, Ian made the right decision but it was harsh. We did the right thing by kicking the penalty wide on purpose. When you consider that both teams needed the points it summed up the game. 

34 minutes ago, Postman Pat said:

Paul c to be fair the game was played in good spirits. Well reffed by Ian Roberts who awarded a penalty for handball when their fullback picked the ball up from a clash of heads to stop the game, Ian made the right decision but it was harsh. We did the right thing by kicking the penalty wide on purpose. When you consider that both teams needed the points it summed up the game. 

I thought Perran had quite a few chances early on and hit the post but really lacking a bit of Lady Luck, I’m sure we will convert possession and chances into point very soon .

The game was played in a very sporting fashion as the Redruth player who too the penalty obviously knew why the Perran player caught the ball .. That was good to see .

Yes the Well do have injuries but most clubs do .

On another day day penalties would have been awarded for a ball to hand and a clip on the ankles but some referees see it differently. 

Thàt was not a clip on the ankles as I was up with play and will played the ball before the player tripped and I said to your supporters down the bottom if your player had tried to place it instead of blasting the ball against the post he would have scored. That said I thought the game was heading for 0-0 As neither team looked like they could score in a brothel 

14 minutes ago, Postman Pat said:

Thàt was not a clip on the ankles as I was up with play and will played the ball before the player tripped and I said to your supporters down the bottom if your player had tried to place it instead of blasting the ball against the post he would have scored. That said I thought the game was heading for 0-0 As neither team looked like they could score in a brothel 

I think the foul late in the second half our player is an honest guy and I seen the tackle and it should have been a pen .. but I’m sure we all are a little biased at times 😁

To be fair to the ref he said straight away ball to hand but I do agree you will see them given as it's a stupid law. You can see why we are both in the bottom half of the table  all we need is a 20 goals a season striker?

30 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

I think the foul late in the second half our player is an honest guy and I seen the tackle and it should have been a pen .. but I’m sure we all are a little biased at times 😁

Can honestly say as I run the line most weeks, once I put my kit on I'm not bias. But I know what you mean 

2 hours ago, Postman Pat said:

Hats off to the Redruth player who took the pen, he was insistent that he was going to take it, obviously made up his mind to put it wide to make amends for the head injury incident. You don't see many acts of true sportsmanship in this league, but this was definitely one of them. Well done sir, you're a credit to your club.

As for the football, yes The Well's first team squad is still ravaged by injuries, but great credit to the lads who stood in, we will hopefully see 2-3 back next week. If we'd taken our chances in the first half it might have been a different game, but that's football!

Well played Redruth; took the chances they had and good to see some young lads in their side being given an opportunity, which they grasped.

Some clarity on the position with handball in the area would be helpful. Last week one of our players falls on the ball with outstretched arms to break his fall and it's a penalty (consistent with some of what we've seen on tv). This week, the ball strikes a hand and the ref calls "ball to hand". Not a sour grapes one at all, but it would be good to see some consistency on this new rule from all refs in the league.

9 hours ago, Andys said:

Hats off to the Redruth player who took the pen, he was insistent that he was going to take it, obviously made up his mind to put it wide to make amends for the head injury incident. You don't see many acts of true sportsmanship in this league, but this was definitely one of them. Well done sir, you're a credit to your club.

As for the football, yes The Well's first team squad is still ravaged by injuries, but great credit to the lads who stood in, we will hopefully see 2-3 back next week. If we'd taken our chances in the first half it might have been a different game, but that's football!

Well played Redruth; took the chances they had and good to see some young lads in their side being given an opportunity, which they grasped.

Some clarity on the position with handball in the area would be helpful. Last week one of our players falls on the ball with outstretched arms to break his fall and it's a penalty (consistent with some of what we've seen on tv). This week, the ball strikes a hand and the ref calls "ball to hand". Not a sour grapes one at all, but it would be good to see some consistency on this new rule from all refs in the league.

Here is the guidance from the LOTG. I wasn’t there at either incident so cannot comment on which decision was correct.

3C039F30-9A00-4125-85C7-F23D51910C2C.jpeg

B3FF2F3A-6D66-4420-B154-31CCD0D16488.jpeg

2 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Who was the lad that missed the penalty on purpose? Think he deserves a mention for an act of sportsmanship such as this 👍👌👏🏼👊🏼

Simon James. To be fair to the ref, nothing he could do but award a penalty as it was handball in the box and it stopped play, but the full back who caught the ball shouted 'head injury' as soon as it happened before catching it, knowing he had caught the young lad. Bit of common sense prevailed on all parts I think, and good of Simon to do what he did as finishing it would have put the game to bed before Perrans goal. Refreshing change.