Cornwall Football Forum

Truro staying at Torquay !

Depending on what Forums you choose to read & what information you take to be believable, let me tell you this in all seriousness, Truro City fc  WILL NOT BE HEADING BACK TO TREYEW ROAD THIS SEASON after all.

The bearer of this info is held in very high regard by myself,  with his in depth knowledge of the non-league football scene & previous administrative involvement within a pro club situated in the football league, I know of nobody better placed  in the South of the country to be able to pass this on.

3 minutes ago, mattelot said:

Whats the admission price ? is it the same as a torquay home game ?

New Year’s Day sees United take on Truro City at Plainmoor with a difference. The match is officially an away fixture for Torquay United and will fall under the control of Truro City as the home team.

New Year’s Day | Truro City Vs Torquay United | Plainmoor | 3pm KO

• Tickets will not be sold in advance.

• Payment at the turnstile will be by cash only. The ticket office will not be open.

• Entry prices will be:

Bristow’s Bench | Adults: £15 | Concessions £10 | U16s £5

The Family Stand | Adults £14 | Concessions £10 | U16s £5

The Thatchers Popular Terrace | Adults £13 | Concessions £10 | U16s £5

• Torquay United fans will be situated in the Thatchers Popular Terrace, Bristow’s Bench, and the Family Stand as normal.

• Season ticket holders will be able to sit in their designated seats as normal after paying at the turnstile.

• The club shop will be open as normal and for programme sales. There will be no programme sellers inside the ground.

• The Gulls Nest bar will be open as normal.

• The food kiosks inside Plainmoor will be open as normal.

1 hour ago, leedsunited said:

Sure I said this month's ago, then got shot down by a few on here, but looks like Once Again I was right ! 🤣

I think what you said Leeds was that the FA would not allow the tadpoles of Truro City play at Treyew Road again this season, there is a difference. Do you understand the situation or would you like it explained in simple terms. :c:

Regardless the tadpoles are having to borrow Torquay's ground, very much against Gary Johnson's approval knowing one of his close friends. He said Truro official attendance in the away end on Boxing day was 80 .... That's got to show how tinpot this dream is 🤣

Also told Torquay are having officers on the turnstyles to make sure the official attendance figure is correct incase their might be any confusion when it comes to divulging the attendance in relation to monies taken. 

2 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Regardless the tadpoles are having to borrow Torquay's ground, very much against Gary Johnson's approval knowing one of his close friends. He said Truro official attendance in the away end on Boxing day was 80 .... That's got to show how tinpot this dream is 🤣

Also told Torquay are having officers on the turnstyles to make sure the official attendance figure is correct incase their might be any confusion when it comes to divulging the attendance in relation to monies taken. 

And what tinpot dream would you be referring to Leeds, surely the dream is for Truro to play in the new Stadium should it ever get built. Have you ever heard of the saying "Its better to have tried and failed than never to have tried at all" not that we have failed. Hope you have a Happy New Year and toast it in with one of you famous cocktails.:drink:

30 minutes ago, Rayvon said:

And what tinpot dream would you be referring to Leeds, surely the dream is for Truro to play in the new Stadium should it ever get built. Have you ever heard of the saying "Its better to have tried and failed than never to have tried at all" not that we have failed. Hope you have a Happy New Year and toast it in with one of you famous cocktails.:drink:

Why try if it's going to have an adverse effect on the very people that the club are trying to keep onside, Truro have done absolutely nothing to appease their loyal fans one little bit this season, in fact they've been alienated to the extreme where their ' home' game tomorrow @ plainmoor will set a record that in all likely hood will stand forever & a day as the highest 'away 'attendance in the history of conference / national league football. What a feckin embarrassment to apply to your club by someone who is supposed to have the club's best interest at heart, shocking absolutely shocking Mr Masters, hang your head in shame.

A big boo ha was made over Truro playing WSM at Treyew rd in the face trophy, a massive advantage gained by the home side in that game but could only attract approx 250 fans AT HOME HOME as well !

Tin pot is about the right description for a club who are nothing short of a travelling circus who are pulling the wool over supporters eyes & leading them a merry dance.

The least thing Peter Masters could do in this season of good will, is actually come out and say what is the TRUTH ! Ha a likely story, you can never take anything that comes out of Masters mouth with any credence, and Torquay fans think their chairman is to be distrusted !!

This is the death of TRURO CITY FC as we used to know if it, a small club from the capital of rugby mad Cornwall.who  always seem to be achieving the impossible on a regular basis, its all bout recouping investments now with Mr M & his cohorts,the football side has gone to the dogs.

Bye bye TCFC, it won't be long.......

51 minutes ago, Rayvon said:

Where do you suggest Atherton LR?

A bit of foresight from Peter Masters , could've been a remarkable acquisition in friends, connections, new supporters, belief from existing supporters, player recruitment, young player developments etc etc.

All he & his narrow minded chums needed to do was help the likes of Bodmin Town , St Austell is a prime example too to gain the necessary ground trading & he could've kept his klowns of kernow behind the border & disruption of the natives could've been kept to a minimum.

But instead of investment he has wasted / lost revenue by his daft decision to locate to Torquay & now he's relying on a big payday 01/01/19 to save their season cash wise, incredible narrow mindedness has killed TCFC as you know it. Shamefully sad.

Edited by Pasty always devonian
Info

9 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Malpas

I been down there this morning on your recommendation Older but they haven't started building down there either. Happy New Year anywhere and I was very disappointed that you did not get a mention in the new years honours list. Thought you would have got an OBE an Olders Big Emission. :thumbsup:

46 minutes ago, Rayvon said:

I been down there this morning on your recommendation Older but they haven't started building down there either. Happy New Year anywhere and I was very disappointed that you did not get a mention in the new years honours list. Thought you would have got an OBE an Olders Big Emission. :thumbsup:

PARP!!!! there you you go buddy...happy new year to yous too.

See you down Malpas sometime😉

1 FULL FLASK OF NESCAFE GOLD  BLEND WITH APPROX 50 DISPOSABLE CUPS.

FOUND IN THE TOP LEFT HAND CORNER OF BRISTOWS BENCH (as you look from the pitch side) PLAINMOOR TORQUAY DEVON

IF THE CATERERS OF TCFC ARE READING THIS WOULD THEY LIKE HE TO REHEAT THE BEVERAGE & SERVE IT AT THE NEXT HOME GAME ?

OR WOULD IT BE MORE CONVENIENT TO THROW IT DOWN THE SINK ?

Well with all this going on, the one fact not mentioned is the obvious one of no suitable ground in Cornwall to meet the Leagues standards. One might say Home Park is closest  and it is but probably club not willing to have lodgers especially as the Reserves play in Newton Abbot. Did any Cornish sides talk to PM about moving in and what improvements would be needed and what cost there would be. All very well being critical and perhaps the FA allowed a one off but the League are not willing to permit a change mid season. It is interesting to see today's gate 2812 of which 2760 were away fans (Torquay fans) leaving a mere 52 Truro fans. A Bank Holiday and reasonable weather to travel from Cornwall and no other football on in the County. Give P M and his Directors credit for perseverance, the could walk away and then where would the club be?

51 minutes ago, Pasty always devonian said:

1 FULL FLASK OF NESCAFE GOLD  BLEND WITH APPROX 50 DISPOSABLE CUPS.

FOUND IN THE TOP LEFT HAND CORNER OF BRISTOWS BENCH (as you look from the pitch side) PLAINMOOR TORQUAY DEVON

IF THE CATERERS OF TCFC ARE READING THIS WOULD THEY LIKE HE TO REHEAT THE BEVERAGE & SERVE IT AT THE NEXT HOME GAME ?

OR WOULD IT BE MORE CONVENIENT TO THROW IT DOWN THE SINK ?

52 cups apparently. 👍

2760 away fans, is that all they could manage today!  There was 3800 there on Boxing day, bit fickle if you ask me.

On a serious note I understand clubs in Cornwall were looked at, but I assume PMs connections with Torquay won out.  We appreciate the chance to share your ground, no need to moan about us, i'm sure we are putting money into your coffers.  PM has done a fantastic job in my opinion, he was stitched up by his predecessor and has given us a chance to play in the new stadium if it gets built.  We can't ask for much more than that after what was done by the previous owner.  

51 minutes ago, superdario said:

2760 away fans, is that all they could manage today!  There was 3800 there on Boxing day, bit fickle if you ask me.

On a serious note I understand clubs in Cornwall were looked at, but I assume PMs connections with Torquay won out.  We appreciate the chance to share your ground, no need to moan about us, i'm sure we are putting money into your coffers.  PM has done a fantastic job in my opinion, he was stitched up by his predecessor and has given us a chance to play in the new stadium if it gets built.  We can't ask for much more than that after what was done by the previous owner.  

On an even more serious note, who actually counted the footfall through the turnstiles ? Was every paying supporter accounted for ? Did over a thousand Torquay transferred to part with their money to fund Mr Masters cash recouping exercises. Today was a home game for Truro, so all  cash receipts are the property of TCFC, nothing to do with Torquay united.

And incidentally, the 2 grown ups accompanying the other 50 home supporters today Don't drink coffee !

1 hour ago, superdario said:

How on earth was he stitched up by his predecessor?

Fair enough, I mean he took on a club with no ground and a load of debt.    I know what your saying, he didn't have to step in, he could have just let the club go bust and if we were lucky we would be back in the local leagues playing on a park pitch.  

I'm sorry, but I don't get the antagonism to PM, if I were him I would walk away and find a club that did appreciate the work he puts in. Maybe there will be something financial in it for him, so what, he deserves it for taking the risk.  I suspect the silent majority of Truro fans are grateful to him, whether they can get to Torquay or not.  Who knows if we will ever play Conf south footy in a new stadium, but at least we are in with a shout.

Oh, and to Pasty, how do you know Torquay count the gate properly when they are at home, its a long standing issue at all clubs.

8 hours ago, superdario said:

Fair enough, I mean he took on a club with no ground and a load of debt.    I know what your saying, he didn't have to step in, he could have just let the club go bust and if we were lucky we would be back in the local leagues playing on a park pitch.  

I'm sorry, but I don't get the antagonism to PM, if I were him I would walk away and find a club that did appreciate the work he puts in. Maybe there will be something financial in it for him, so what, he deserves it for taking the risk.  I suspect the silent majority of Truro fans are grateful to him, whether they can get to Torquay or not.  Who knows if we will ever play Conf south footy in a new stadium, but at least we are in with a shout.

Oh, and to Pasty, how do you know Torquay count the gate properly when they are at home, its a long standing issue at all clubs.

The silent majority of fans probably only started going when the club started to play a higher level of football. So once that goes then so will they!

Mr Masters is in it for the money and nothing else, he’s a businessman. He’s seen the pounds of the retail development pay off. If that doesn’t happen then he has nothing and it will start costing him money. 

He missed an opportunity at the start by not reintegrating into the community, many promises not delivered

Truro beat Hereford with away supporters yesterday. Hereford were give 1.000 tickets for their match at Kidderminster, 500 of them stand tickets. 991 supporters turned up to watch them lose 2-1 and stay in a relegation battle at the bottom of National League North. The actual crowd figure was 2745 meaning Kiddy could only muster 1754 for a home game against their nearest traditional rivals.

I think people, having seen footy on the 22nd, 26th, 29th of December and 1st Jan are finding it a little to much to bare, pocket wise, especially with the travelling. Don't mock fans for not turning up.

30 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Truro beat Hereford with away supporters yesterday. Hereford were give 1.000 tickets for their match at Kidderminster, 500 of them stand tickets. 991 supporters turned up to watch them lose 2-1 and stay in a relegation battle at the bottom of National League North. The actual crowd figure was 2745 meaning Kiddy could only muster 1754 for a home game against their nearest traditional rivals.

I think people, having seen footy on the 22nd, 26th, 29th of December and 1st Jan are finding it a little to much to bare, pocket wise, especially with the travelling. Don't mock fans for not turning up.

Sensible words there Teddy B.

St Darren, you may well be right that the majority only started going when the standard of football improved, that's usually the way it happens.  I fit into that category and if Truro go back to local football I won't bother going, because I see the standard as poor.   I'm originally from 'up north' and used to watching football at a decent level, I only started watching after the Vase win.  It maybe Cornwall has too many armchair Man Utd fans to ever support a team at a decent level!

I think if Mr Masters were in it for the money, he wouldn't have got involved in a football club, hardly a road to riches.  The 2 million goes into the stadium for Cornwall.  Where are you suggesting he makes all this money out of a club with a few hundred fans.  I agree he isn't daft and will plan to get money back, but a conference team in Cornwall is hardly a licence to print money.

Pasty, Truro fans were never going to turn up, Torquay is in the back of beyond. Lets hope you don't need to share the stadium for Cornwall!!

51 minutes ago, superdario said:

St Darren, you may well be right that the majority only started going when the standard of football improved, that's usually the way it happens.  I fit into that category and if Truro go back to local football I won't bother going, because I see the standard as poor.   I'm originally from 'up north' and used to watching football at a decent level, I only started watching after the Vase win.  It maybe Cornwall has too many armchair Man Utd fans to ever support a team at a decent level!

I think if Mr Masters were in it for the money, he wouldn't have got involved in a football club, hardly a road to riches.  The 2 million goes into the stadium for Cornwall.  Where are you suggesting he makes all this money out of a club with a few hundred fans.  I agree he isn't daft and will plan to get money back, but a conference team in Cornwall is hardly a licence to print money.

Pasty, Truro fans were never going to turn up, Torquay is in the back of beyond. Lets hope you don't need to share the stadium for Cornwall!!

Agree with all of that superdario.:thumbsup:

2 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

At last someone with a bit of common sense well spoken cornishteddyboy and as a Hereford Supporter you know exactly what the Truro City fans are going through at the moment and superdario I think you also understand all the  politics that have gone on behind the scenes at Treyew Road. Take for example TISA who would regulary take 50/60 supporters to every away game, the team and management loved and appreciated them, the rest is history as they say and as for the knownothingers from across the Tamar just  keep putting carrots in your pastys and your cream on first. :yahoo: 

A Healthy and Prosperous New Year to all my readers.

1 hour ago, Pasty always devonian said:

You can hardly compare Truro city with Hereford United or as they are now Hereford fc or what ever.

There is no comparison what so ever

Best read what I wrote Devon Pasty, not once did I compare Truro City with Hereford FC nor would I ever but I would hope cornishteddyboy knows where I am coming from. As a relatively newcomer to Non League football I don't believe you have any idea about how it works, there is no need for crowd segregation as we are one big family that helps one another if anyone is in trouble, we also share each others catering facilities and share having a drink together before and after the game. When Truro City went into administration Chelmsford City even held a collection at one of there games for us, this has opened a special bond between the two clubs which remains to this very day. I may be wrong but when Hereford FC were in trouble I think we had a collection for them, if it was'nt them it was certainly anothe non league club that we helped out. I can well remember the days when you were in trouble yourselfs with home gates of just over 1000. Best get your facts straight before you come on the Cornish Football forum spouting your mouth off about things you know nothing about, but I still wish you all the best for the rest of the season and thanks again for helping us out.:c:

18 hours ago, superdario said:

OK superdario.

As others have said,the owners are in it for the money.Why else would one of the owners be involved in football,when he never attends any games,and would'nt know what a football was,if it smacked him ,full in the kisser.

Here is a list some of Masters achievements since taking over.

RESERVE TEAM =GONE.

YOUTH DEVELOPEMENT =GONE.

LADIES TEAM =GONE.

SOCIAL CLUB = PERMANTLEY SHUT.

PROMISED A NEW STADIUM AT SILVERBOW = HE FAILED.

PROMISED NEVER TO MOVE FROM TREYEW RD,UNLESS THERE WAS A NEW STADIUM TO MOVE INTO. =HE FAILED.

TOOK TRURO CITY OUT OF CORNWALL.

Oh yes ,superdario,I cant understand all the anamosity.

Single bloke on minimum wage takes home £240 a week roughly.

He lives in Truro and goes to watch them. Return on the train to Torquay,  £18.60, game entry £15, food, drink say another £5.

£40 minimum to watch a "home" game.

What do you expect, people can't afford to go to every "home" game, let alone away games. Wages are low in Cornwall, living costs are high.

PASTY ALWAYS DEVONIAN how many away games do you go too, following Torquay? Do you pick and choose just as the Truro supporters HAVE to do just to watch their "home" games which they have to treat as away games.

I don't support Truro, never have, never will, was a big critique of the people who let Mr Heaney take over as a lot of us knew it would end in tears but to read your posts Pasty Always Devonian, berating and mocking Truro supporters for not watching their team really annoys me. 

Um, I've never said I support Torquay either,  as a dyed in the wool Janner it's difficult for me to support another club but I'll always see Torquay as a 'little brother' if you like , I see & feel no rivalry only a feeling of concern & admiration of how their fans have stuck with it through all of the Shite they've been through over the last 6 years   they keep getting knocked down only to stand back up immediately bigger, stronger,  better than ever they absolutely refuse to give in & now with a management team any league 1 club would bite their hands off for.

And yes I no longer get to go to away games ,  but in my time travelled the length & breadth of the country following the green machine as part of the green army, from Malcolm Allison to johnny Hore to Dave Smith to Kevin Hodges, dive done my bit & not regreted spending one penny following my dream.

And Rayvon, if you're prepared to quote Truro & Hereford supporters as understanding each others predicaments then as far as I can tell   you are comparing them with each other .

Tell me I'm wrong off you like but do know what I read.

OK superdario.

As others have said,the owners are in it for the money.Why else would one of the owners be involved in football,when he never attends any games,and would'nt know what a football was,if it smacked him ,full in the kisser.

RESERVE TEAM =GONE.

LADIES TEAM =GONE.

PROMISED NEVER TO MOVE FROM TREYEW RD,UNLESS THERE WAS A NEW STADIUM TO MOVE INTO. =HE FAILED.

I assume you mean Pepe who I understand wants out, your right he probably isn't interested and as I said he isn't raking in a fortune, its costing him money.

Reserve/youth/Ladies team gone - Money, time and effort going into the first team. I'm sure if someone offered to run one of these teams at no cost to the club they would be very welcome.  But if your expecting the club to pay for kit, pitches, travelling costs then there isn't the money or the staff.

Social club - Pubs are closing all over the country, a social club up in a lorry park on the outskirts of Truro isn't an enticing night out and I suspect it wouldn't be worth opening except match days.  The odd theme night or supporters evening could be worth it I guess.

Silverbow - costs ran away, too expensive.

Treyew to new stadium - Things change, I guess he tried to make a stand but he doesn't really hold all the cards.

Truro out of Cornwall - No graded grounds available, costs of upgrading someone else's ground versus paying Torquay.  Which one is cheaper, I don't know.

I understand your community point and I think if we were settled in the new stadium then we could start to slowly build these other teams and entice people up for a drink etc.  The feel good factor would have dads running youth teams.  I think at the moment we need to concentrate all our efforts on staying in this league, get a new home, then I agree lets start becoming a community club again.  I bet PM wouldn't disagree with that if you asked him.

13 minutes ago, superdario said:

OK superdario.

RESERVE TEAM =GONE.

LADIES TEAM =GONE.

I assume you mean Pepe who I understand wants out, your right he probably isn't interested and as I said he isn't raking in a fortune, its costing him money.

Reserve/youth/Ladies team gone - Money, time and effort going into the first team. I'm sure if someone offered to run one of these teams at no cost to the club they would be very welcome.  But if your expecting the club to pay for kit, pitches, travelling costs then there isn't the money or the staff.

Social club - Pubs are closing all over the country, a social club up in a lorry park on the outskirts of Truro isn't an enticing night out and I suspect it wouldn't be worth opening except match days.  The odd theme night or supporters evening could be worth it I guess.

Silverbow - costs ran away, too expensive.

Treyew to new stadium - Things change, I guess he tried to make a stand but he doesn't really hold all the cards.

Truro out of Cornwall - No graded grounds available, costs of upgrading someone else's ground versus paying Torquay.  Which one is cheaper, I don't know.

I understand your community point and I think if we were settled in the new stadium then we could start to slowly build these other teams and entice people up for a drink etc.  The feel good factor would have dads running youth teams.  I think at the moment we need to concentrate all our efforts on staying in this league, get a new home, then I agree lets start becoming a community club again.  I bet PM wouldn't disagree with that if you asked him.

I have never heard so much rubbish in all my life.

Not even going to bother to reply to any those responses.

Going off topic slightly, don't know if @John Mead would know being the SWPL grounds guru but which club has the closest criteria for what Truro need?

I understand club A might have the right sized changing rooms but not enough ground entrances and club B might have enough cover but not enough seats etc but would be interested to know.

2 hours ago, Fanfare said:

Going off topic slightly, don't know if @John Mead would know being the SWPL grounds guru but which club has the closest criteria for what Truro need?

I understand club A might have the right sized changing rooms but not enough ground entrances and club B might have enough cover but not enough seats etc but would be interested to know.

Far too much pampering of the players these days - didn’t seem to be any mention of the portable shower units that had to be brought in for the recent FA Trophy match! Players queueing up in the open to take their turn.