Southgate Seniors 5-2 St Eval Spitfires

DIVISION 4

Bude Town Reserves 2-2 St Ann's Chapel

Lifton 2nds 3-1 Boscastle Reserves

Lostwithiel Reserves 7-1 Delabole United

Nanpean Rovers 11-0 St Mawgan Reserves

Newmoor Rovers 5-1 St Cleer Reserves

Week St Mary 7-0 North Petherwin Reserves

North Petherwin 1 Losty 1. A hard fought draw in difficult conditions with a gale blowing straight down the pitch. We had the wind in the 1st half and went 1 up with our first shot on target a soft soft penalty scored by Jon Harris. NP equalized with a 25 yard screamer that I did not see. Wilf I think the scorer and NP then missed another soft pen before half time. Second half NP had the wind but both sides battled and created chances without any further goals and a draw was the right result. Always good to see Bash and the boys and yet another great battle between us.

Great to see you billy and another top save from yourself late on! Your pen was 2 yards outside the box and our pen was very soft ?? Goal of the season shout for Walt 25/30 yard left foot hammer into the roof of the net! Always a great battle when our sides meet we wish you all the best for the season 

Cracking game involving foxhole and st dennis yesterday! Two teams really battling for all the points and a great advert for premier league football. 

Unfrotuantley i didnt manage to make it over to St Mawgan or newlyn yesterday. Although I did see St Mawgan had a big result against top of the table rivals torpoint (match report?) and Godolphin also had a great result it would appear (match report?) 

Goong to be a great season. Where shall I go to watch next week? 

St Mawgan 2-0 Torpoint Athletic

Torpoint XI: M.Westall, A.Brayson, C.Westall(C), J.White, C.Bays, F.Benney, L.Gibbons, L.Thornton, Z.Rosen, B.Robbins, A.Parry

Subs used: T.Copp, J.Charman, J.Hill, T.Booth

With the winds due at the weekend, we all knew the type of game that we'd have. Defending the wind and the slope in the opening period, Torpoint knew that they'd have a tough task of containing the hosts. In the early exchanges, Torpoint's strong defensive shape managed to reduce the amount of shots on Westall's goal. Both teams were attempting to get the ball down where possible to negate the effect of the high winds. The opening goal came at the mid-point of the first half with the St.Mawgan midfielder picking the ball up some 30 yards from goal and hitting his strike to the right of the Torpoint keeper who possibly could've done better. Not disheartened by this, Torpoint were creating opportunities of their own through the pace of Parry and the work wide from Rosen. Torpoint's 3 midfielders of Thornton, Gibbons and Robbins linked up well on occasions to test the hosts defense to no avail. Torpoint's hard work seemed undone when an unnecessary free-kick was given away, some neat play found their No.14 on the edge of the area to strike low and hard into the net.

Entering the 2nd half Torpoint knew that they weren't out of the game. From the kick-off, literally, Thornton forced the Mawgan keeper into a fine save. From the resulting corner, captain Westall hit the framework. With Torpoint pressing, Mawgan found lots of space and room down their left hand side and there striker would've been disappointed not to take one of his opportunities. Torpoint's chances were limited in the period with the ball skipping the midfield far too often and rolling through to the Mawgan keeper.

All in all, it was a very disappointing 2nd half for us. Far too often was a challenge missed and the football being forced. I'd say the St.Mawgan wouldn't have felt too under threat in the the period. It tops off a poor few weeks for us with another loss but full credit to St.Mawgan who deserved the win. Thanks to the Mawgan boys for the food afterwards, sorry not everyone could make it as we had a few away with an evening function.

St Newlyn East 1-3 Godolphin (HT 1-1)

Wasn't at the game as had to be at a Swimming Gala with my daughter (the joys of fatherhood). Heard the G, strengthened by a few first teamers, were deserved winners on the day with goals from Mickey Thompson, Ben Colqouhoun and Lee Budge. Newlyn's scorer Sam Lawrence.

Good luck to Godolphin for the rest of their season.

Jiggy

1) u can only have 2 senior players so i dont no where u got a thew 1st team players there was one player in joe stone tht was it so dont no what u are going on about.

2) u got played of the park for most of the game in alot of periods where where we had possession.

3)hate it when teams go u had 1st teamers in we were the better team and deserved 3 points jiggy u had ur laugh last season we will this season. we have been consistant since paul sidwell took over last year he has built a great squad in 2 season along with vinny godolphin who has strengthened our team and any team tht has lost 2 games in nearly 2 1 and a half seasons deserves credit where it is due so before peple start looking going ohh godolphin pulled in half the 1st team there was 1 st teamer playing as in joe stone 

4 hours ago, bezza said:

1) u can only have 2 senior players so i dont no where u got a thew 1st team players there was one player in joe stone tht was it so dont no what u are going on about.

2) u got played of the park for most of the game in alot of periods where where we had possession.

3)hate it when teams go u had 1st teamers in we were the better team and deserved 3 points jiggy u had ur laugh last season we will this season. we have been consistant since paul sidwell took over last year he has built a great squad in 2 season along with vinny godolphin who has strengthened our team and any team tht has lost 2 games in nearly 2 1 and a half seasons deserves credit where it is due so before peple start looking going ohh godolphin pulled in half the 1st team there was 1 st teamer playing as in joe stone 

Very typical of Joe Stone, this. Big fish in a little pond again.

9 hours ago, bezza said:

Bez

No disputing you were better side on the day. We had 25min spell in first half all us. Rest of the game certainly all G. 2nd half you could have had a sleep! I’d point to Ash B & Ben C been more 1sts. Paco said few weeks ago at Torpoint game he’s been with 1sts. So ascertain is accurate. Particularly when Callum & Pratty didn’t make the squad. Notwithstanding you were better side and currently deserve to be top of the league. We’ll be back

9 minutes ago, Rubber Duck said:

Bez

No disputing you were better side on the day. We had 25min spell in first half all us. Rest of the game certainly all G. 2nd half you could have had a sleep! I’d point to Ash B & Ben C been more 1sts. Paco said few weeks ago at Torpoint game he’s been with 1sts. So ascertain is accurate. Particularly when Callum & Pratty didn’t make the squad. Notwithstanding you were better side and currently deserve to be top of the league. We’ll be back

It's all about perception really, the G first has been decimated by injuries and suspensions, so alot of reserve players have stepped up to help out. Ash has just come back from an injury so needs minutes. All used within the rules, but think Bez was annoyed at the insinuation that the reserves won due to first team players rather than the hard work that the reserves have put into the season so far.

Although knowing jiggy this was not intentional at all, and rather just an observation that a couple of "first team" players were in the side.

One thing is for certain is that this is a real strong duchy prem this season, foxhole are going very well as are st mawgan, torpoint are always a very good side and the G will be right up there. Should be very competitive and exciting season in the prem.

13 hours ago, Savo said:

It's all about perception really, the G first has been decimated by injuries and suspensions, so alot of reserve players have stepped up to help out. Ash has just come back from an injury so needs minutes. All used within the rules, but think Bez was annoyed at the insinuation that the reserves won due to first team players rather than the hard work that the reserves have put into the season so far.

Although knowing jiggy this was not intentional at all, and rather just an observation that a couple of "first team" players were in the side.

One thing is for certain is that this is a real strong duchy prem this season, foxhole are going very well as are st mawgan, torpoint are always a very good side and the G will be right up there. Should be very competitive and exciting season in the prem.

Although there is often a benefit of having a Senior side to pull from it can also be a hindrance at times. We, Torpoint, have been in a similar situation as Godolphin this season with mass injuries to the our 1st and 2nd teams. So more often than not our well performing players have had to make the step up. The greater issue will be once those players are back fit as we will only be able to take back 2 of our regulars into our match-day squad until the 20 days has elapsed. 

Totally agree with your final point, the Prem is extremely healthy this season. To see a side like North Petherwin where they are is extremely surprising as they'll beat anyone on their day and the same goes for St Dennis with their physicality. All in all, it's going to be a great season!

I feel your pain mate, I think the ruling on "senior" players is absolutely ridiculous, and only benefits teams with only one side. It's a massive hinderance to reserves side like the G and yourselves who have had to have players step up and then left with the headache of which 2 players they pick until the 20 days elapses.

It's a poor rule that undermines what a reserve side is for i.e. developing players to step up, allow under performing players to drop down and help injured players in recovery with game time. The rule just seems to be there because people would rather cry about few "senior" players playing instead of trying to raise their game and beat them.

What happened to the old notion that you get better by playing against better players.

47 minutes ago, Savo said:

I feel your pain mate, I think the ruling on "senior" players is absolutely ridiculous, and only benefits teams with only one side. It's a massive hinderance to reserves side like the G and yourselves who have had to have players step up and then left with the headache of which 2 players they pick until the 20 days elapses.

It's a poor rule that undermines what a reserve side is for i.e. developing players to step up, allow under performing players to drop down and help injured players in recovery with game time. The rule just seems to be there because people would rather cry about few "senior" players playing instead of trying to raise their game and beat them.

What happened to the old notion that you get better by playing against better players.

I'm pretty sure the Cornish FA are the only one in the country to implement this rule.

Last weekend we were short but had to leave out 2 players because they had helped the 1sts and 2nds in midweek games, another 2 lads could slot back in.

Why the !!! He said pretty sure not that they definitely implement the rule. It's a rule that will never go away then as there are less reserve teams than "first" teams in the duchy league.

But let's leave it there as this subject has been done to death on the forum.

Well what is the status exactly then Paul, most people use senior and junior because it is a commonly used and understood term, is higher and lower level player a better term haha.

Even 21 days is to long players could miss 3/4 games, where did the figure of 21 days come from, was it researched or just picked out of thin air.

Just seems an out of date rule, in the current climate of declining player participation in 11 a side football.

17 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Well unless you try you don’t know! 

Agreed, and if official opinion is that the rule can be changed, advice will be given on how to go about it.
It's an outdated and unpopular rule that appears to be unfair at all levels of the sport.

Unfortunately if there were no eligibility rules some clubs would then load up with higher ranked players in order to win a game for their lower ranked team.

Say for example a team with a senior side had a must win midweek game to avoid relegation or gain promotion at the end of the season & their first team didn’t have a game they’d throw in 4-5 players to ensure they got the result they needed.

Even with the current ruling playing 2 first teamers can make a big difference.

If eligibility rules were scrapped altogether it would then be fairer if it was “one signature, one club” to stop sides loading up with players from other clubs when they don’t have a game. 

I’m sure some of you will disagree with me but that’s my personal viewpoints. 

12 minutes ago, Woodmanaldo said:

Unfortunately if there were no eligibility rules some clubs would then load up with higher ranked players in order to win a game for their lower ranked team.

Say for example a team with a senior side had a must win midweek game to avoid relegation or gain promotion at the end of the season & their first team didn’t have a game they’d throw in 4-5 players to ensure they got the result they needed.

Even with the current ruling playing 2 first teamers can make a big difference.

If eligibility rules were scrapped altogether it would then be fairer if it was “one signature, one club” to stop sides loading up with players from other clubs when they don’t have a game. 

I’m sure some of you will disagree with me but that’s my personal viewpoints. 

One signature one club would solve many problems in the game, but you may have to involve the F.A. to invoke that one.
Section 20 in the Duchy rule book which can be viewed online, explains the procedure to change rules in the DUCHY LEAGUE, it might be applicable in the trelawney league also

On 08/11/2018 at 13:54, zebedee said:

Nothing to do with Ccfa it the clubs that voted for their League rules !!! 

And if it came to another vote, I’m sure that it would go the same way. As stated previously, the benefits are to those teams without a higher team to utilise their players, since such “single” teams are are in the majority, why on earth would they vote for something that would disadvantage them by levelling the playing field?

This is a topic that definitely divides opinion. Of course the rules are inconvenient to some clubs and players, some times. On balance I think it is better to have some restrictions than none 

21 days rather than 28 came into force this season. 

One player, one club is simply not practical unless it were an FA directive covering the whole of the country because every league would have to agree.  It would certainly  be less fair on clubs with one team and goodness knows what sort of transfer chaos there would be.

There is a procedure for changing rules but it is not quite as simple as that. Many of the FA's Standard Code Rules cannot be changed and that has nothing to do with the leagues.

Any rule changes that are correctly proposed (and allowed by the FA) would get put to the member clubs for voting on at a general meeting - it is not in the hands of the league officers. The simple fact is that clubs hardly ever bother to propose any changes.

2 hours ago, Paul Collings said:

This is a topic that definitely divides opinion. Of course the rules are inconvenient to some clubs and players, some times. On balance I think it is better to have some restrictions than none 

21 days rather than 28 came into force this season. 

One player, one club is simply not practical unless it were an FA directive covering the whole of the country because every league would have to agree.  It would certainly  be less fair on clubs with one team and goodness knows what sort of transfer chaos there would be.

There is a procedure for changing rules but it is not quite as simple as that. Many of the FA's Standard Code Rules cannot be changed and that has nothing to do with the leagues.

Any rule changes that are correctly proposed (and allowed by the FA) would get put to the member clubs for voting on at a general meeting - it is not in the hands of the league officers. The simple fact is that clubs hardly ever bother to propose any changes.

Yes Paul quite. Apathy rules OK? or maybe not OK, who cares?

2 hours ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

And if it came to another vote, I’m sure that it would go the same way. As stated previously, the benefits are to those teams without a higher team to utilise their players, since such “single” teams are are in the majority, why on earth would they vote for something that would disadvantage them by levelling the playing field?

Yet alot of these single teams sign on higher level players from other clubs, so it's a case of wanting their cake and eating it.