Cornwall Football Forum

Truro vacating Treyew Road

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

What the heck is going on?

“there are concerns over where the money it is due to put towards the stadium might be coming from.

The club's contribution is coming from the sale and redevelopment of its ground at Treyew Road in Truro with a new Lidl store expected to move in as part of a new retail park”

Quote from Dickie Evans.

"We have had an idea for a while that TCFC would pull out.We have a Plan B,for the missing £2 million,the S4C will go ahead."

No wonder there is a meeting.

Are TCFC coming back to Treyew Rd. If not,where the hell are they going. 

So is it because Lidl are now not coming or what?

Did Truro City also think this might happen and that is why they haven’t really been evicted yet and this is why the pitch would still appear to be looked after?

Dickie Evans would have been better off putting his own money into a stadium years ago! 

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

So is it because Lidl are now not coming or what?

Did Truro City also think this might happen and that is why they haven’t really been evicted yet and this is why the pitch would still appear to be looked after?

Dickie Evans would have been better off putting his own money into a stadium years ago! 

Alternatively Dave you could have put together a consortium to raise the required funds! 

1 hour ago, Mike Odgers said:

Why the delay for Central Government's £3M contribution ? perhaps still studying the Buisness plan

That's only part of the overall funding, all parts need to be in place to attract the full amount.

No £2 million from Lidl, no £3 million from government, or the county money either would be my bet.

Remember that Mr Evans offered to cover losses for the first 10 years, then it would fall on the ratepayer!

'They' know it will be loss maker, that's why the 'business' men are not queuing up to put money in.

Rumour down West is that the chap from "Flyingtogether" and the Kiwi putting the money into the Pirates may be the solution. Watch this space for "The Cornish Tigers"

You will have "The Cornish Pirates", AND "The Cornish Tigers" AND "The Cornish Sharks" American football team there so it is used for sport all year round.

You heard it here first.

28 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Rumour down West is that the chap from "Flyingtogether" and the Kiwi putting the money into the Pirates may be the solution. Watch this space for "The Cornish Tigers"

You will have "The Cornish Pirates", AND "The Cornish Tigers" AND "The Cornish Sharks" American football team there so it is used for sport all year round.

You heard it here first.

Not forgetting the Cornish Rebels rugby league side.

6 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

That's only part of the overall funding, all parts need to be in place to attract the full amount.

No £2 million from Lidl, no £3 million from government, or the county money either would be my bet.

Remember that Mr Evans offered to cover losses for the first 10 years, then it would fall on the ratepayer!

'They' know it will be loss maker, that's why the 'business' men are not queuing up to put money in.

Well that post is null and void after the S4C statement!

Well done to them for keeping it on track. 

“Consequently the original two partners have made arrangements to increase their contribution by at least £2 million to cover any possible shortfall arising from delays / non performance of Helical in assisting TCFC with their promised contribution.”

What have the developers of Treyew Road actually done in the time they have been involved?

21 minutes ago, Outsider said:

I wonder how the Cornwall Council contribution stands now that the circumstances on which it was based have changed. 

Cornwall Council's £3,000,000  is not mentioned in Mr Evan's statement.

I would imagine it’s still on in as much as he refers to the government’s input and wasn’t that to go hand in hand with the CC’s contribution : “In addition the contribution from the Government is due to be confirmed in the budget and we are liaising with the powers that be and supplying all information required by them.”

It is becoming more and more The Stadium for Pirates .

To maintain running costs for 365 days a year i guess the rental /hire out fees would be too excessive for local sports clubs to find..... Bear in mind the  Pirates only play 11 Home games this season and will there be Truro City at National level in two seasons time ?

The Cornish Sharks and Cornish Rebels are a"here today gone tomorrow" set up

On 08/10/2018 at 10:37, Mike Odgers said:

It is becoming more and more The Stadium for Pirates .

To maintain running costs for 365 days a year i guess the rental /hire out fees would be too excessive for local sports clubs to find..... Bear in mind the  Pirates only play 11 Home games this season and will there be Truro City at National level in two seasons time ?

The Cornish Sharks and Cornish Rebels are a"here today gone tomorrow" set up

I think that was always the case from the onset!

Sorry I’ve just skimmed the thread so not fully up on things. 

How will it work ? Truro City don’t find the 2m. But the pirates said they would accommodate Truro at a later date ?? 

So say the stadium is now built and a few years later Truro now want to play there. Would they have bypassed having to pay their 2m if the stadium is all built ? And just then have their rent to pay ? 

1 hour ago, Relentless kernowman said:

Cornishwall, that would be great... it will only be until happy shopper gets planning permission with the joke shop built in the car park... 

Cant see anyone going in there for a while. Rates are supposed to be an issue with perspective tenants but who knows. If Truro go home it would be great.

24 minutes ago, somersetspur said:

All these newbie's,with all the information.

Should not have left Treyew Road,in the first place.

Sure Masters will turn it all around,so he is the knight in shinning armour.

Dont have all the information,just my opinion. Thats what forums are for. Who was at fault for Truro leaving in the first place and iam sure you were a newbie once but didn't stop you did it. 

1 minute ago, Relentless kernowman said:

Can I just add that im not a newbie, I was a member many years ago when it was cornish soccer and the likes of coopsie and sidenote were active members.. I lost access to my old email account ive kept an eye on the forum but thought I'd resign up. 

How dare you.....

12 minutes ago, somersetspur said:

All if's and but's,and previous owners.

Similar pattern,and heard it,all before.

We all know who sold the ground so what was the current chairman supposed to do. If he didnt pump in the doe to save the club there would be no club. No body else stepped up,why,cause there was nobody.

We all have our own ideas and views on the past and what went on.

However, surely it is time to move on, find out as best one can what is the immediate situation and then for everyone to work together to come to the most practical and sustainable future.

Be that either dropping down appropriate number of levels; or everyone working together openly and honestly to ensure the present situation is at least maintained; or welcoming in angels from the west to steady the ship with investment and ideas to build the future of the club.

It’s a shame there’s not going to be anyone from Helical there tomorrow night. They also have a lot of questions to answer! (Apologies if they are attending.)

41 minutes ago, CornishWall said:

We all know who sold the ground so what was the current chairman supposed to do. If he didnt pump in the doe to save the club there would be no club. No body else stepped up,why,cause there was nobody.

Trustee's sold the ground . Have a go at them. Believe one is connected to the Supporters Club.

As for the money.Chairman wasnt the only one pumping it in.

As Mr Deacon has said this is all old news,and we have heard it all,before.

33 minutes ago, somersetspur said:

Trustee's sold the ground . Have a go at them. Believe one is connected to the Supporters Club.

As for the money.Chairman wasnt the only one pumping it in.

As Mr Deacon has said this is all old news,and we have heard it all,before.

OK so lets just give up and wrap it all in! What do you suggest that is realistic?