EASTER MONDAY 17th APRIL 2017 (KO 2:00PM) @ HELSTON ATHLETIC FOOTBALL CLUB 

BODMIN TOWN v SALTASH UNITED

GATES OPEN: 12:00

HOT & COLD REFRESHMENTS AVAILABLE

50/50 DRAW

LIVE PRE MATCH & HALF TIME ENTERTAINMENT FROM HELSTON TOWN BAND 

ENTRY FEE: ADULTS £6, CONCESSION £4

FREE OFF ROAD PARKING

Nothing against Helston Athletic FC whatsoever but seems a ridiculous venue considering the geographical location of the two finalists. I personally think that the Cornwall FA or whoever is responsible for the choice will be the ones to miss out financially.

Couple of thing raised here - I think the venue is chosen from Clubs who put themselves forward for the final and therefore the 'choice' is somewhat limited, especially when several clubs have to be ignored at the time of choosing (I think the venue was probably agreed before the semis in late March). It tends to be Helston, Wedron, St Blazey, Newquay and St Austell who put themselves up for County fixtures - and Helston have helped the CCFA out with fixtures for the County Youth this season - with no entry fee, so perhaps some consideration may have been made for their help.

Entry to any SWPL Prem game is £5, so charging £6 for a cup final against the two (currently) strongest teams in Cornwall can't be to bad - the fact that Truro City have had to halve their entry fee to try and generate ANY support in a match against a high flying team, says more about Truo City's lack of ability to get supporters, rather than anything about the Senior Cup..

I have no affiliation, at all, with Helston FC, however I would recommend making the trip. Great facilities / bar / food and always a friendly club to visit.

2 hours ago, cornishrambler said:

Cornwall FA decide to charge more than Truro City FC....

Good luck getting a decent attendance on Easter Monday down there ????

To be fair to the CCFA - they probably announced their entrance fee well in advance of Truro's announcement on Saturday! 

3 minutes ago, cornishrambler said:

More than likely Dave, however do you not think maybe this should be reconsidered in light of the decision. also given the current 'twentys plenty' campaign for away fixtures at the top leveldo you not see £5 for a step 10 game more than enough.

No. The premier league could let everyone in for free and still make money, each £5 for the SWPL goes a long way.

1 hour ago, Bobjfh said:

Couple of thing raised here - I think the venue is chosen from Clubs who put themselves forward for the final and therefore the 'choice' is somewhat limited, especially when several clubs have to be ignored at the time of choosing (I think the venue was probably agreed before the semis in late March). It tends to be Helston, Wedron, St Blazey, Newquay and St Austell who put themselves up for County fixtures - and Helston have helped the CCFA out with fixtures for the County Youth this season - with no entry fee, so perhaps some consideration may have been made for their help.

Entry to any SWPL Prem game is £5, so charging £6 for a cup final against the two (currently) strongest teams in Cornwall can't be to bad - the fact that Truro City have had to halve their entry fee to try and generate ANY support in a match against a high flying team, says more about Truo City's lack of ability to get supporters, rather than anything about the Senior Cup..

I have no affiliation, at all, with Helston FC, however I would recommend making the trip. Great facilities / bar / food and always a friendly club to visit.

A stupid 2pm kick off and £6 ENTRY rules me out for making the journey. Do all the black blazer brigade of the Cornwall FA get free entry ?

1 hour ago, Jasa said:

No. The premier league could let everyone in for free and still make money, each £5 for the SWPL goes a long way.

But this doesnt go to swpl? It all goes to the already overly paid FA

20 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

A stupid 2pm kick off and £6 ENTRY rules me out for making the journey. Do all the black blazer brigade of the Cornwall FA get free entry ?

Yes plus food for all of them

5 hours ago, Blues Chairman said:

RGB CORNWALL SENIOR CUP FINAL

EASTER MONDAY 17th APRIL 2017 (KO 2:00PM) @ HELSTON ATHLETIC FOOTBALL CLUB 

BODMIN TOWN v SALTASH UNITED

GATES OPEN: 12:00

HOT & COLD REFRESHMENTS AVAILABLE

50/50 DRAW

LIVE PRE MATCH & HALF TIME ENTERTAINMENT FROM HELSTON TOWN BAND 

ENTRY FEE: ADULTS £6, CONCESSION £4

FREE OFF ROAD PARKING

Plus a match day programme.   Good value for the entrance fee.

Saltash hosted a final between Bodmin and Helston

Penzance hosted a final between Falmouth and Liskeard

Last time Bodmin and Saltash met in the final, it was played at Newquay

This is Helston's first time holding the final so good luck to everyone involved.

I would be of the impression that quite a lot of clubs offer to host the semi finals and finals each season and why wouldn't every club want to host a big event.  It must be frustrating for nost clubs who apply that never get to host anything each year because the same handful get selected each year. Bodmin, St Blazey, Saltash, Wadebridge, Truro, Liskeard.  What about other clubs that have made great strides in recent seasons to improve their facilities like, Torpoint, St Dennis, Callington, Wendron.  Its greta that Helston get an opportunity this year having put in so much effort over the last few years, however, given the finalists, it may have been a shrewder decision to select somewhere a bit more central.  Similarly it was mentioned to me this morning that the other cup final between Exmouth and St Austell is to be held at Crediton, well done to them for getting the final, but again, surely the location could be slightly more central to both sides, somewhere like Parkway, or even Home Park dare i say it?

Either way, good luck to all teams in both finals!  It's great to see 4 different teams across both finals, when was the last time that happened?

1 hour ago, mikesrep said:

Thought you were working Big Al?

Yes, but could have been there by 3pm !

17 hours ago, Outsider said:

Only run and govern the whole of Cornish Football. What do you suggest Big Al? Not have a Cornwall FA. Just let it run riot.

Good luck to The hard working Officers and Staff. I think the deserve everything they get.

Would be better organised than what it is at present !

5 hours ago, secretscout said:

I would be of the impression that quite a lot of clubs offer to host the semi finals and finals each season and why wouldn't every club want to host a big event.  It must be frustrating for nost clubs who apply that never get to host anything each year because the same handful get selected each year. Bodmin, St Blazey, Saltash, Wadebridge, Truro, Liskeard.  What about other clubs that have made great strides in recent seasons to improve their facilities like, Torpoint, St Dennis, Callington, Wendron.  Its greta that Helston get an opportunity this year having put in so much effort over the last few years, however, given the finalists, it may have been a shrewder decision to select somewhere a bit more central.  Similarly it was mentioned to me this morning that the other cup final between Exmouth and St Austell is to be held at Crediton, well done to them for getting the final, but again, surely the location could be slightly more central to both sides, somewhere like Parkway, or even Home Park dare i say it?

Either way, good luck to all teams in both finals!  It's great to see 4 different teams across both finals, when was the last time that happened?

Clubs need to have floodlights to host the Senior Cup semi finals. Although for the final St Dennis and/or Wendron could host it as Hayle had the honour in 2011.

2 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

Question for "Willow"

I was told that one Easter Monday CS Cup Final was postponed due to the weather for the first time

In the 1990's-is that so?

St.Dennis at Home and Truro City at Home on Easter Monday-It would never have been allowed (CCFA) in the old days .LOL

I think it was 1993/94, Bodmin Town v Liskeard Athletic. It was at St Austell and played on a Monday (23rd April). I'd have to check my paperwork to confirm this.

2 hours ago, Soccer Follower said:

Was it 1999-2000 season at Newquay? Seem to recall it being a terrible day weatherwise and in those days the Junior Cup was played first.

That final was still played - in atrocious weather!

5 hours ago, Soccer Follower said:

Was it 1999-2000 season at Newquay? Seem to recall it being a terrible day weatherwise and in those days the Junior Cup was played first.

No, because Callington Town played Mawnan in the earlier Junior Cup final, and I think Portleven played in the later Senior Cup final. It was atrocious weather, rain, and a very strong wind blowing, so much so that at the clubhouse end when Callington took a goal kick, the wind picked the ball up and carried it back over the line for a corner several times

On 12/04/2017 at 08:51, secretscout said:

The problem with making the final equidistant from the two finalist teams is that the clubs down the pointed end would never get to host a so-called big final because the big guns are usually in the east of the county so the same grounds would be used all the time. Never going to please everyone and I bet a lot of moaners will still go lol

44 minutes ago, le boss said:

The problem with making the final equidistant from the two finalist teams is that the clubs down the pointed end would never get to host a so-called big final because the big guns are usually in the east of the county so the same grounds would be used all the time. Never going to please everyone and I bet a lot of moaners will still go lol

Why is Falmouth never chosen - best ground by far?

On 13/04/2017 at 13:49, Mike Odgers said:

Question for "Willow"

I was told that one Easter Monday CS Cup Final was postponed due to the weather for the first time

In the 1990's-is that so?

St.Dennis at Home and Truro City at Home on Easter Monday-It would never have been allowed (CCFA) in the old days .LOL

1993/94. Easter Monday was 04/04/94. The game was postponed and played on Saturday 23/04/94 at St Austell (the original venue) and Liskeard beat Bodmin 2-1.

On 14/04/2017 at 14:09, motherwontletmegoargyle said:

Can anyone tell me the scorers the last time Saltash won the CSC please.

Saltash last won the Senior Cup in 1992/93 when the beat Launceston 3-2 at Newquay. I don't know the scorers.

13 hours ago, Willow Tree said:

1993/94. Easter Monday was 04/04/94. The game was postponed and played on Saturday 23/04/94 at St Austell (the original venue) and Liskeard beat Bodmin 2-1.

Saltash last won the Senior Cup in 1992/93 when the beat Launceston 3-2 at Newquay. I don't know the scorers.

Thanks for that. Thought I'd noticed a bit of trivia about today's finalists. That they were the only two teams to progress in earlier rounds via a penalty shootout. However Cornwall FA show Saltash winning 4-3 in the first round. Is that right?

Soon be leaving to get to Helstons ground never been there before pity it wasnt held at somewhere like Wadebridges ground . Think Bodmin will win easy 3-0 and Adam Carter will be man of the match looking forward to the match and also hoping Plymouth can beat Newport today to gain promotion got that down for a 1-1 draw