Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League results - Saturday Feb 7th 2015

Trelawny League Division 4: Ludgvan Reserves v Mousehole 3rds

Game OFF due to the lack of an available pitch. That's now eight consecutive Saturdays without a game for the Hurlers!

We were set to reverse the fixture and play at Trungle Parc but Mousehole's reserve side, who were meant to be playing away, now need the pitch as Chacewater's pitch is frozen.

Trelawney 5
Newlyn Lions 3 - Probus Reserves 0
Not sure what happened today as we (Probus) were poor, players away is no excuse, nothing gelled and too many players never stepped up to the mark. Fairly boring first half with neither side creating much or getting on top.. Second half Newlyn came out stronger against a half asleep Probus and scored after about 10 in second half. Probus tried to push forward and dropped,to three across back leaving us open to two goals. Newlyn were organised and deserved win and wish them every success for rest of season

Yeah.
Junior cup semi-final down mullion.
Mullion 1- frogpool 2

All the goals came in the first half. Frogpool opened the scoring after the keeper came out a long way to clear the ball straight to Alex Bowden on the right wing who hit it from a long way out while the keeper ran back. 10 mins later million went level with a great finish outside the box.
Straight from the kickoff frogpool went straight at them and Neil carter on the turn on the edge of the six yard box slotted it under the keeper.

Frogpool caused alot of fouls in dangerous areas but defended well. Martin jay made the mullion keeper pull off an amazing save towards the end but frogpool battled hard to hold on till the end. Great team effort and looking forward to the final now.

Gwinear Reserves 9 Carharrack Reserves 0

The score speaks for itself really. We dominated from start to finish, our clinical finishing again proved too much for our opposition.

Scorers:
David Bartlam 4
Andrew Symons
Shaun Isaacs
Josh Chandler
Connor Arthur
Adam Soloman

Disappointed that we had to throw away a big tray of sandwiches and chips.. Carharrack opting to leave straight away instead of staying for food and drink.

Also, on behalf of all at Gwinear, I'd like to congratulate Frogpool and wish them all the best for their Junior Cup run!

The score speaks for itself really. We dominated from start to finish, our clinical finishing again proved too much for our opposition.

Scorers:
David Bartlam 4
Andrew Symons
Shaun Isaacs
Josh Chandler
Connor Arthur
Adam Soloman

Disappointed that we had to throw away a big tray of sandwiches and chips.. Carharrack opting to leave straight away instead of staying for food and drink.

Also, on behalf of all at Gwinear, I'd like to congratulate Frogpool and wish them all the best for their Junior Cup run!

Some boy that Bartlam fellow .. how many did he score from cross shots today 😉

Marazion 1 Pendeen 3 .Pendeen ran out deserved winners in this top of the table clash in div 2 .I would say a good all round performance by Pendeen who took their chances well through Chris Bullock 2 and Dominic Clemens and defended really well and limited high scoring Marazion to hardly any chances despite losing Glen Carew midway thru the first half thru injury.
On a personal note was a bit peed off to not be able to get a cup of tea at half time,and then be refused entry into the Marazion clubhouse for my customery drink afterwards due to having my dogs with me.Now let's get something straight Marazion afc clubhouse is not on my list of 50 places to visit b4 I die but I do like to meet up with people and support clubs with my hard earned cash after a game.Obviously Marazion afc must be quite a rich club and can afford to be choosey as to who comes into their "posh establishment" and I therefore had to go and have a drink at the more welcoming Godolphin arms overlooking the beach and St Michaels Mount where I could watch the sun set pint in hand whilst my dogs ran around creating havoc!
Cheers

div 4 mariners 1 mabe 6.hard game today for mariners playing for the first time in 4 or 5 weeks against a good mabe side who took there chances well,mariners didnt give up on a heavy but good pitch.thanks to mabe for coming back the pub.all the best for the season

Marazion 1 Pendeen 3 .Pendeen ran out deserved winners in this top of the table clash in div 2 .I would say a good all round performance by Pendeen who took their chances well through Chris Bullock 2 and Dominic Clemens and defended really well and limited high scoring Marazion to hardly any chances despite losing Glen Carew midway thru the first half thru injury.
On a personal note was a bit peed off to not be able to get a cup of tea at half time,and then be refused entry into the Marazion clubhouse for my customery drink afterwards due to having my dogs with me.Now let's get something straight Marazion afc clubhouse is not on my list of 50 places to visit b4 I die but I do like to meet up with people and support clubs with my hard earned cash after a game.Obviously Marazion afc must be quite a rich club and can afford to be choosey as to who comes into their "posh establishment" and I therefore had to go and have a drink at the more welcoming Godolphin arms overlooking the beach and St Michaels Mount where I could watch the sun set pint in hand whilst my dogs ran around creating havoc!
Cheers

why do supporters want to take a dog to a game? Don't get it not good for the animal as you can't give it your attention as you watch the game,so not fair on the dog ,lots of clubs don't let dogs in the clubhouse as not all people like dogs running around ,creating havoc , and I own a dog and I would not want to take her to a match , if you have to take a dog to the game why not leave them in the car and go for a drink ?

I hear Kier Dent scored 4 goals today in the Mabe game.

In a post match interview  Jack "the special one" Roberts said " its the signing of the season", and that "the bad boy dent reminds

him of a younger Tony Yeboah. only a bit lighter skinned!"

Since his big money move from the Mawnan greeners, Denty has a massed 14 goals in 6 games for the mighty Mabe.

News from port pendennis is that Jason renfree was seen banging his head against the wall saying he wished he gave the boy a chance

and then maybe Mawnan reserves could of been in a title contention or at least a decent cup run.

Mawnans loss Mabe gain

Scorers:
David Bartlam 4
Andrew Symons
Shaun Isaacs
Josh Chandler
Connor Arthur
Adam Soloman

Some boy that Bartlam fellow .. how many did he score from cross shots today

None today matey, few silky moves and a volley... Standard. 28 in all competitions now :P not that I'm counting or anything lol

I was only joking about causing havoc,my bitches are always well behaved and are accepted and made to feel welcome at their other local clubs Penzance,Pendeen and Mousehole most sat afternoons where they can be seen running around off the pitch whilst I watch the football.Even yesterday they spent 90 mins running up and down the touch line exercising and not bothering anyone whilst I watched a good game of football.
The point I,m trying to make is its very hard for clubs to survive with very little support ,so don,t turn people away when they,re willing to help support you.On an earlier posting Gwinear quite rightly had a moan as the opposition did,nt bother going back for a drink afterwards?

Agree with supporting clubs and hats off to you for that, not saying you but many years a go I spent a week in hospital after picking up an infection from animal mess on a football pitch ,I have seen sh-- on several pitches down the years so have concern about the health and safety of players ( animal not players) I still have problems 20 plus years later with my leg ,so I do have concerns with dogs at football games ,no problems with dogs but there is a time and place and I don't think football is one,when you were involved with Hayle dogs were not allowed in the clubhouse but are allowed at the ground but kept on a lead ,I love dogs and always make a fuss when I see them ,but not everyone is a dog lover

Not good for the animal taking it for a walk? Leave it in the car? Stevie b your knowledge on how to look after a dog is almost as good as your knowledge on football

perhaps my football knowledge is not as good as some but see my later post on dogs , Dan could have put the dogs in the car after the game ( if he had one) and had a quick shandy lol ,no problem with people walking dogs have been brought up with dogs have owned several (mainly rescue, ) ,perhaps you missed my point or I did not put it over properly, I just don't think a football pitch is the ideal place to excersise dogs , my opinion as from past experience see later post .

Trelawny Div 2 

Marazion 1 v 3 Pendeen Rover

Regardless of that reports have been put on the forum we are here to report on the game. Top of the table clash!! Pitch in fantastic condition, weather perfect for football. The first chance of the game fell to Marazion after just 2 mins. Free kick just outside the box. A good shot pulled a fine save from Jonny Watson. After that it was all Pendeen, constantly pushing Marazion on to the back foot. Silas Sullivan completely dominating the mid field, pushing the ball through for Chris Bullock to score.

1 - 0 to Pendeen. Pendeen continued after that to dominate, and it wasn't long before Pendeen scored again.

Dom Clemens scoring from a corner making it 2-0.

Pendeen now firmly in the driving seat. Unfortunately Pendeen lost Glen Carew through injury half way through the first half. 10 mins after that Marazion scored. The goal knocked Pendeen of their stride for 10 mins or so. Pendeen re shuffled their side, and scored their 3rd goal through Chris Bullock.

Half Time 3 - 1

The Second Half started at the first half finished Pendeen in control, missing several good chances and to be fair, the Pendeen keeper was hardly troubled in that half. The game finished 3 -1.

MOM For Pendeen :- Silas Sullivan who played outstandingly closely followed by Luke Jenkin.

I don't come on this Forum to bad mouth referees, without them we wouldn't get games, but got to say how Marazion finished the game with 11 players I will never know. 

Good Luck to Marazion for the rest of the season. WELL PLAYED TO ALL OF THE  PENDEEN PLAYERS. OUTSTANDING

Very accurate report poppet and just like to say well done lads very big game and played brilliantly as a team,just want to reiterate what poppet said about refs we can't play with out them but to absolutely shocking challenges which could have caused serious injury the ref didn't punish either of them correctly nobody wants to see players sent off but also nobody wants to see this sort of thing in our game.we have had this ref a coue of times this season and same out come each time if your not going to rule the game properly don't referee.
Anyway gd luck to marazion for rest of the season

Newlyn NA Res (1) 2 -v- 2 (1) Falmouth Town 16ths (Division 4)

Always a bit worrying when we turn up for a game at our level and find the away team already changed up, with cones all over 1 half of the pitch doing "proper football type warm-up stuff". Furthermore, when noticing that probably only 2 of them could get legitimately served alcoholic beverages in a public house, the old war-wounds start playing up at the thought of spending an hour and half watching a game I am supposed to be participating in. Oh well, we slowly got changed and talked about how we would fair during the days game, hoping the youngsters outside would tire themselves out before kick-off. Sadly, our first task was to re-apply the netting to one goal as it had been put on upside down, with only 3 or 4 pegs. When you have to pay nearly 50 quid to hire these services, pitch etc, you would expect a little better service. By the way, as a club, we are "not allowed" to prepare the nets and so on. All owned by the council, so they have to put them up, take down and so on. So our apologies to the ref and Falmouth for the shoddy start to the days proceedings. We were as peed off as you! Anyway, to the game, and credit has to go to the Newlyn players for the way in which they performed during the whole 90 minutes. Falmouth have only lost once in the league this year, after 11 games, whilst Newlyn have notched just 3 wins in our 14 outings, firmly planted at the foot of the table. Starting with only 12 available players, our back 4 had more years between them than (I would guess) the entire Falmouth team, including subs and manager (who looked young)! But we felt a disciplined performance at the back would hopefully keep us in the game, and Newlyn have a batch of very good youngsters ourselves. Newlyn took the lead from a corner, when our range of rather short midfielders and attackers probably confused the defence, who couldn't find anyone to mark. So once the ball had been delivered, and found its way to the floor, our scurrying whippets managed to guide the ball goalwards, George Irwin getting the ball to Saaaaange to slip over the line. The only problem with us scoring was that our pre-match discussions about how we were going to handle the game had not catered for us taking the lead (or indeed scoring a goal in the correct net). So we were now at a bit of a loss and Falmouth were able to take advantage of this situation by levelling the scores just a few minutes later. So with parity restored, Newlyn were again back in the game! So, one all at half-time, we had a quick chat and decided that a continuation of the same in the second half was a good plan. Falmouth obviously had more to think about and discuss as they did not appear until about 20 minutes later! Never mind, gave us more time to get our breath back. Second half was fairly even, half-chances at each end. Falmouth took the lead in the second half with a longish ball behind the defence heading straight for The Cat in the Newlyn goal screaming "keeeeppppppeeeeerrrrrrr", only for me to have absolutely no faith in him getting there, so I dinked it out wide, taking both myself and the keeper out of the game, and the Falmouth youngster sprinted past to finish from a narrow angle. Good finish too. But to our credit, Newlyn were not finished, and some great work in midfield and wing-play finally resulted in Sam Smith pivoting in the box and finishing with a good low shot into the corner. Falmouth had one final glorious opportunity in the closing minutes to win the game, but the ball flew past the post and harmlessly wide. So, 2-2, and if I may say so, a fair result. Credit to Falmouth who may well have thought they would have a fairly secure 3 points, but never lost the plot, never resorted to anything other than playing football, and participated fully in an excellent game which we found thoroughly enjoyable. And finally, great credit to Anita the referee, who handled the game perfectly. I was all for giving 100/100 for the game, but one of our players allegedly spotted chipped nail-varnish, so we took 5 marks off! But in all seriousness, excellent performance.

Div 3

Helston 3rds   5  V   Mawnan Smith Res 4

Very Entertaining game that which swang one then another and back again!!.. Helston raced into a 3-0 lead with in half an hour with goals from Tom Lake and 2 from Chris Matthews one being a penalty. We then seemed to switch off and Mawnan got one back, which got their tails up and right at the end of first half scored again to make it 3-2 at halftime. Second half saw Mawnan come at Helston from the off and a bundled goal and a penalty saw the visitors lead 4-3. Helston did not let their Heads drop and a Charlie Autie Header brought the score level. With 5 minutes remaining Helston were awarded another penalty but this time the keeper pulled off a good save. Then with only a minute left on the clock Mike Henderson grabbed the winner to Helston's delight.

Well reffed by Jamie Chown

Exiles v madron 16 - 2 great game,please please stop this nonsense.

i think what digger 1000 is trying to get across is that how can you say that 16-2 result was a great match? for your strikers maybe! penwith come on hear after hammering teams by double figures and say how great the game was..... and best luck to opposition were nice guys etc... their is a couple teams in your league gwinear, falmouth town, mabe, and ludgvan probably on their day who can compete with you be interesting when start pushing up leagues what happens then and will players stay if your on end these hammerings you been giving out?

But seems games that things wasn't going their away gwinear and falmouth for example things kick off seems to me when the real tough gets going and their playing teams who they cant hammer they struggle so they have to kick off and moan just a personal opinion but if look back through previous weeks and penwiths results it has common theme!

Hell up kicks off when penwith don't win easy

Camborne Park 5 - Marazion Reserves 3     Trelawny Division 3!

We knew going into saturdays game against marazion it was one of our last 8 games remaining and we needed a win with helston and marazion close on our heels at top of div3! With many tough games left for all of top 4 the league is very open and the teams just outside the top 4 a decent run for them could put them into real contention too.

We missed malcolm nicholls at central of defence for the 3rd game running due to work commitments and also mike finlay last years player of year and a player at the heartbeat of the club's success over the last 3 seasons who has moved back up to chester also unavailable as was left back jordan day who was up in newcastle fake tanned right up looking like he was trying to get in a episode of geordie shore!

Pete norfolk moved from normal position of wing to play as a emergency centre back, and former illogan play andrew osborne debuted in central midfield next to brother matt osborn.

We was really slow out of the blocks and inside a minute marazion striker got in after a miss commmuniction at back he slotted it past the goalie but anthony nicholls cleared off line but 5 minutes later marazion was given a penalty for an alleged push in back of striker in the box marazion number 3 well taken penalty put them 1-0 up this was our wake up call and couple good attacks and pressuring marazion defence got us a corner inswinging corner from captain reece prout and debutant andrew osborn rose highest to head home giving keeper no chance 1-1 then we had 2 great chances top scorer mike catterall was denied by a brilliant save from keeper and then catterall missed from close in after great cross by replacement robbie price.

Sucker punch at other end marazion midfielder 20 yards out nothing on hit rifle of shot into far corner 2-1 marazion then minute before break after a free-kick was given to camborne park for a foul on parks defender anthony nicholls during a tussle for ball marazion striker kicked out at the leg of the park defender referee had no choice but to show him a straight red shame as young striker was having a good game sure he,ll learn from that.

Half time came marazion 2-1 up but 10 men now, park player/manager david spencer came on at back to release pete norfolk back to the wing and early second half showed it was working when norfolk, prout and matt osborn all was denied by marazion keeper but as in first half marazion broke from a park corner and their winger got in between parks defence and slotted home 3-1 marazion THIS WAS JUST THE BEGINNING!

Half an hour to go park had throw in where was launched into box where the marazion defender pushed matt osborn to ground in box same as first half against park and captain reece prout fired home 3-2 game on!

Park brought back on carl hubbard who started game and he came on and was buzzing down parks left wing and when he found prout he delivered a briliant pall to back post where marcus grasso was who headed brilliantly across goal into far corner 3-3! Park seemed to have found another gear and when grasso slipped in norfolk his shot went just wide but pressure was moutnting and marazions defence seemed to be tiring and getting deeper and deeper and when hubbard fired a low cross in it fell to catterall who swivelled in the box before firing home 4-3 park some comeback.....

Andy osborn who was replaced at half-time as hasn't played in so long because of ligaments injury replaced catterall and he went close after seconds of coming back on and with 10 minutes to go catterall and robbie price came back into the game and the two linked up with catterall finishing neatly with nice backheel to make it 5-3 to park! Price could of scored in injury time but shot was well blocked game over 5-3 still 4 points clear.

One of big games done 7 more remaining marazion again, holmans twice, st day, mawnan, west cornwall and lanner all tough games looking forward to the run in though :) Great finish to this it's gonna be.....

We knew going into saturdays game against marazion it was one of our last 8 games remaining and we needed a win with helston and marazion close on our heels at top of div3! With many tough games left for all of top 4 the league is very open and the teams just outside the top 4 a decent run for them could put them into real contention too.

We missed malcolm nicholls at central of defence for the 3rd game running due to work commitments and also mike finlay last years player of year and a player at the heartbeat of the club's success over the last 3 seasons who has moved back up to chester also unavailable as was left back jordan day who was up in newcastle fake tanned right up looking like he was trying to get in a episode of geordie shore!

Pete norfolk moved from normal position of wing to play as a emergency centre back, and former illogan play andrew osborne debuted in central midfield next to brother matt osborn.

We was really slow out of the blocks and inside a minute marazion striker got in after a miss commmuniction at back he slotted it past the goalie but anthony nicholls cleared off line but 5 minutes later marazion was given a penalty for an alleged push in back of striker in the box marazion number 3 well taken penalty put them 1-0 up this was our wake up call and couple good attacks and pressuring marazion defence got us a corner inswinging corner from captain reece prout and debutant andrew osborn rose highest to head home giving keeper no chance 1-1 then we had 2 great chances top scorer mike catterall was denied by a brilliant save from keeper and then catterall missed from close in after great cross by replacement robbie price.

Sucker punch at other end marazion midfielder 20 yards out nothing on hit rifle of shot into far corner 2-1 marazion then minute before break after a free-kick was given to camborne park for a foul on parks defender anthony nicholls during a tussle for ball marazion striker kicked out at the leg of the park defender referee had no choice but to show him a straight red shame as young striker was having a good game sure he,ll learn from that.

Half time came marazion 2-1 up but 10 men now, park player/manager david spencer came on at back to release pete norfolk back to the wing and early second half showed it was working when norfolk, prout and matt osborn all was denied by marazion keeper but as in first half marazion broke from a park corner and their winger got in between parks defence and slotted home 3-1 marazion THIS WAS JUST THE BEGINNING!

Half an hour to go park had throw in where was launched into box where the marazion defender pushed matt osborn to ground in box same as first half against park and captain reece prout fired home 3-2 game on!

Park brought back on carl hubbard who started game and he came on and was buzzing down parks left wing and when he found prout he delivered a briliant pall to back post where marcus grasso was who headed brilliantly across goal into far corner 3-3! Park seemed to have found another gear and when grasso slipped in norfolk his shot went just wide but pressure was moutnting and marazions defence seemed to be tiring and getting deeper and deeper and when hubbard fired a low cross in it fell to catterall who swivelled in the box before firing home 4-3 park some comeback.....

Andy osborn who was replaced at half-time as hasn't played in so long because of ligaments injury replaced catterall and he went close after seconds of coming back on and with 10 minutes to go catterall and robbie price came back into the game and the two linked up with catterall finishing neatly with nice backheel to make it 5-3 to park! Price could of scored in injury time but shot was well blocked game over 5-3 still 4 points clear.

One of big games done 7 more remaining marazion again, holmans twice, st day, mawnan, west cornwall and lanner all tough games looking forward to the run in though :) Great finish to this it's gonna be.....

Great write up Stokefan. I played in goal for Marazion and it was a good game to part of. Looking forward to the return game in 2 weeks time.
Also agree with your comments in the paragraph above your report

Stokefan1 lol I seem to remember when teams like mabe an falmouth ect last season beating teams 22-0 people were saying that they shouldnt be playing in the lower leagues every team starts at the bottom an you can only beat whats put in front ov you and I played for madron during good an bad times, remember 3 seasons ago when p exiles were getting beaten by theses scores sour grapes my freind .

Stokefan1 lol I seem to remember when teams like mabe an falmouth ect last season beating teams 22-0 people were saying that they shouldnt be playing in the lower leagues every team starts at the bottom an you can only beat whats put in front ov you and I played for madron during good an bad times, remember 3 seasons ago when p exiles were getting beaten by theses scores sour grapes my freind .

Not sure how it's sour grapes as stokefan1 has been at park for last 5 seasons winning 5 cups and 2 leagues with potential for winning more this season

He has also been at Trevenson in his past when the club was struggling getting beat every wk bar 1

Penwith have now got themselves a reputation from antics over the last 2 seasons involving games against Camborne Park, Falmouth Town and Gwinear Churchtown and may want to start getting the good rep they had when they were losing every wk by double figures rather than try to justify recent antics

Great write up Stokefan. I played in goal for Marazion and it was a good game to part of. Looking forward to the return game in 2 weeks time.

Totally agree with both and look forward to the game on the 21st

Hopefully we can live up to the reputation of the last game lol

Totally agree with both and look forward to the game on the 21st

Hopefully we can live up to the reputation of the last game lol

Great report stoke fan. Who wrote that for you!?? #crouchieeee

And i completley agree with what your saying scores like that are absaloutley ridiculous we had few in division 5 and it is totally not what football is about but to come on here saying it was a great game is ridiculous and damn right patronising! And your right penwith was being beaten by these scores but they had reputation of being good sports and no team they were playing came on here and said it was great game as battering someone double figures isn't....

Too say sour grapes to me is awful i was part of a club where i was playing division 5 competing when whole first team left and had step up 4 divisions and was being beaten ( hammered ) every week but we never caused trouble we kept working our asses off and played for the club and all stayed loyal.

And your saying about jumping on the bandwagon? Your players are adults they should control their own actions like any other players of any other club. I posted because i felt saying it was a great game was disrespectful to madron which digger 1000 obviously picked up on.... you have a few more big sides in your league to play we,ll see what happens maybe few your players who dropped to play this league thought every game was gonna be double figures victory

4 pts deducted for what we have been involved in erby an every team has its scrapes with the fa ect ect still top an have a chance of winning the league but my point is so many people jump on the bandwagon wen its not needed..

I agree lots of people get involved without knowing the facts

But just what happened with us last season was a bit OTT which your manager apologised for when we played u a couple weeks later which is fair play

It's just sometimes people act without thinking and the club has to pick up the pieces