DIVISION ONE WEST
Holsworthy    1,    Plymouth Marjon    1
Illogan RBL A/W Bude Town           
Mousehole    3,    St.Blazey      1    
Porthleven    1,    Elburton Villa     1    
St Dennis    4,    Penzance      2
Wadebridge Town    2,    Liskeard Athletic    3
Wendron United    1,    Millbrook      6

Saltash United gained a vital three points in a tight game against Camelford. Despite playing so many games in a very short period, Camelford did field a team. So refreshing when several clubs are failing to fulfil fixtures. 

This win ensures "the ashes" finish the season in fourth.

34 minutes ago, pastyman said:

Saltash United gained a vital three points in a tight game against Camelford. Despite playing so many games in a very short period, Camelford did field a team. So refreshing when several clubs are failing to fulfil fixtures. 

You’ve no confidence in Bodmin winning 28-0 in their last home game of the season then ??

28 minutes ago, shedhead said:

Yes great display today, class outfit!

Can anyone else get promotion from Div 1 West this season?

Having a quick look I believe only  Ludgvan can now catch Millbrook to the title. So Millbrook promoted either way. Congratulations to all at Millbrook, (gutted for Liskeard) but to be brutal, Millbrook best team in that Division. Followed closely by your Mousehole, Ludgvan & Elburtons. Been some big money pushed around in Div One West this season, some managers been left short changed for sure 

Watched a fairly even game at Callington today with Torpoint just shading it.

Torpoint Manager must be happy returning to his former club and leaving with 3 points.

Credit to Callington who showed a lot of fight with bare 11 and might have deserved a point based on that.

Good luck to both teams for the rest of the season.

So is it only 1 gets promoted?

Mousehole have had a great season despite the poor start!

I wonder what budget they had, especially as they seem to play plenty of non local players which would obviously cost money?

Millbrook,Liskeard and Elburton are too good for Div 1 and I would assume have a healthy budget, but I was shocked to hear that Porthleven have spent £15k plus on players to get this campaign on, apparently they’ve used next seasons player budget also:/ so they are going to struggle next season for sure!

Millbrook players have played for pride and supporting a club through a tough financial position. Players and management have not had expenses and just wanted to prove that this club has the potential and strength to defeat the odds. ALL credit to them for playing as a team and putting Millbrook back on the map.

On 07/05/2018 at 09:57, Dave Deacon said:

Sticker v Stoke Gabriel is OFF today.
Stoke Gabriel unable to raise a side, match forfeited.

Not totally surprised as I couldn’t see any subs in their dugout Saturday and so only 11 then!

I  think the FA should be charged with culpable abuse of soccer players. Why couldn't clubs have played 2 matches a week until the end of May? Absolutely ridiculous.

1 hour ago, leedsunited said:

Looks that way Dave, with someone saying in a previous post stating it cost Porthleven 15k to field a side over a season & Mousehole flying players to fixtures etc looks like there been a few quid chucked around

Did I read two French players turning out for Mousehole at the weekend?

1 hour ago, shedhead said:

To achieve what you have without the need to pay players is brilliant!

Shame it’s not the norm like it used to be!

Well done again Millbrook .??

What a great turnaround from the survival donations plea to save the club

Millbrook making their first appearance in the SWPL Premier Division and look forward to a visit to Jenkins Park next season

Newton Abbot Spurs make areturn to the Premier since 2009

I don't think that Mousehole have actually paid any players this season - what they have done, through contacts, is bring down players from Academies who have either been released or are in need of playing time and this includes, a couple of lads formerly at a well known French club. The lads are housed and fed / watered but no more - most of us would probably consider that payment but they are not, apparantly getting cash...

Like many others, having been someone who contributed to the 'save Millbrook AFC' fund,  it is absolutely fantastic to now see them gaining promotion to the SWPL Prem - it's amazing what just loyalty can achieve over and above buying players in. Well done to all involved and will look forward to the visit there next season.

Mike - have St Martins in the East not applied for promotion, they could still go past Newton Abbot Spurs?

21 hours ago, pastyman said:

Pastyman - I don't think Reg would ever contemplate not fulfilling a fixture - even after away games on the Friday / Saturday and Monday.

Made for a very interesting game, Camels with several (8) non 'normal starter' against a Saltash Team in great form. The Ashes played some lovely football, side to side and created plenty of near chances, but were matched by dogged defence (10 men behind the ball most of the game) by the Camels who threw everything into blocks - and some cracking goal keeping. Ironically the winning goal was probably the one Camels would feel was soft, compared to the other chances - and the Camels had two breakaways in the last 10 with one on ones with the keeper - to have scored one or both of them would have been robbery though!

Saltash were worthy victors and must be congratulated on finishing 4th (unless Bodmin do score the 28 goals), great club, well coached with very good players - good luck in the Cup from all at Camelford and a shame Ryan never got the goal and golden boot.

18 hours ago, shedhead said:

I wonder what budget they had, especially as they seem to play plenty of non local players which would obviously cost money?

Millbrook,Liskeard and Elburton are too good for Div 1 and I would assume have a healthy budget, but I was shocked to hear that Porthleven have spent £15k plus on players to get this campaign on, apparently they’ve used next seasons player budget also:/ so they are going to struggle next season for sure!

Shocked to hear it off who??? ?

Well done to Millbrook, a lovely story. Big improvements on and off the pitch, a lot of hard work has paid off, brilliant ??

32 minutes ago, Jeff's Telling said:

Know nothing about Millbrook at all other than they seem to have got themselves out of a hole financially.

Interesting to see a close race for a change in Div One West, several seasons of teams winning by miles

Well done to all involved at Jenkins Park !

As said before, visited Millbrook a couple of times in the past when Falmouth played there. Always a friendly welcome and good food !

On 07/05/2018 at 22:57, shedhead said:

Porthleven spending 15K... on who??

Best ask the management that one!

Its common knowledge down West what £s been thrown about and where it’s come from and there’s always an opportunity to read any minutes taken from Committee meeting discussions!

And obviosly people talk ;)

If the Management is still there that is?

I believe the 'old' St.Blazey side that Alan had with him at Blaise Park followed him down there. Apart from a couple like Bello & Danny O who could still do a job in the Swpl league. Thought with what they had there might of finished higher just looking at the table. You seem yo know a bit about them 'Shedhead' are you a fan of Porthleven/West Cornwall football? 

Remember the old Port/St.Blazey battles in the SWL days, they always tried but were never quite up to the St.Blazey standards

5 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

Probaly on the ground up grading as I have seen pictures of the 'stoney' car park boarded off

think thats more for the concrete surroundings (something required for the prem i believe as St D have done the same)

Yes I’m always watching the teams down West, Wendron, Helston, Porthleven and Mousehole are all a good watch.

Ive got relatives connected with these local clubs so I’m familiar with the  set ups!

The management @ Porthleven have brought in players that they obviously know ,but this has come at a price and  falling short for sure!

The rumour is the manager will move on due to the goal being promotion being a must hence all the building work and upgrading so to be able to play Prem football ,Vase/facup, which won’t be happening.

Id like to see someone like Wayne Quinn who was pencilled in for the coming season take it on as he was first choice pre season before Carey’s appointment or as he’s proved himself at this level bring Kev back.

Time will tell!

43 minutes ago, shedhead said:

Yes I’m always watching the teams down West, Wendron, Helston, Porthleven and Mousehole are all a good watch.

Ive got relatives connected with these local clubs so I’m familiar with the  set ups!

The management @ Porthleven have brought in players that they obviously know ,but this has come at a price and  falling short for sure!

The rumour is the manager will move on due to the goal being promotion being a must hence all the building work and upgrading so to be able to play Prem football ,Vase/facup, which won’t be happening.

Id like to see someone like Wayne Quinn who was pencilled in for the coming season take it on as he was first choice pre season before Carey’s appointment or as he’s proved himself at this level bring Kev back.

Time will tell!

who's actually being paid serious money down at Porthleven? presumably the Sims brothers?

I’d rather not name individual’s as it’s not fair and it’s personal to them! 

It was said a few of the local lads are on good money so not just those mentioned !

But the money spent on the team this season has been hefty and surely a one off gamble that’s sadly backfired!

Fantastic to see Millbrook promoted. Some brilliant work off the pitch from all the players and committee member but the special praise has to go to the Chairman and the Gaffa. I donated to their initial cause with the faith that they would no doubt deliver on the pitch.

Having managed and played with a number of the lads, I was positive that this jump could be made. They have quality from back to front and the added depth with the lads with their 2nd team. I'm looking forward to see what'll happen in the SWPL next season, I'm sure that they'll create a few problems for most sides!

Well done to all involved!!