Torrington      3-2    Bishops Lydeard

WEST

Callington Town      2-3         Newquay

Holsworthy      2-0    Penzance

Liskeard Athletic      8-2   Bude Town

St Dennis     0-6     Dobwalls

Wendron United       5-1    Sticker

I’ll get in first shall I 😉

Bude well and truly getting their arses handed to them by Liskeard. It’s 1630hrs, with about 20 to play and it’s 6-1. 
As good as Liskeard are attacking, Bude are as poor in equal measure in defence. 

We lick our wounds and go again 

30 minutes ago, The Jam Tart said:

I’ll get in first shall I 😉

Bude well and truly getting their arses handed to them by Liskeard. It’s 1630hrs, with about 20 to play and it’s 6-1. 
As good as Liskeard are attacking, Bude are as poor in equal measure in defence. 

We lick our wounds and go again 

How many red cards today? 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 9 September 2023

Callington 2 Newquay 3 

Credit to both teams for a entertaing game in unbearable heat,   

Callington started with two 16 year olds in their side and we're the better team throughout the first half going in 2 goals up at half time, Newquay must of had a ear bashing half time as they came out second half with two quick goals, and the third not long after, Callington kept going but having the keeper sin binned or sent off im not sure, did not help there chances to get even, good game callington didn't deserve to lose, a draw would of been more fair, Callington are a good  team, they will pick up results im sure, Newquay are a good team second half, but what I have seen so far in this league there are better teams than Newquay, early days though.. 

I’ve taken the decision to hide any posts on here regarding the late incident at Liskeard this afternoon.

Only the ones directly involved will know what happened and so best it’s left to the people in control to do what’s appropriate.

Naturally any similar posts will not be allowed to stay on display and so best not to post please.

I watched Bude today as I have all season. They were very disappointing against a very good liskeard side who are the best side I’ve seen at this standard for a few years. Bude weren’t actually that far out the game but liskeards midfield were everywhere and budes defence really struggled against a quality attacking force from liskeard. I still think Bude will be there or their abouts as they have some quality players but today just wasn’t there day. I’m really disappointed to see some of the comments on here as the game wasn’t out of control and both teams apart from a few cynical fouls were very well behaved. 

The hate Bude get on here is crazy for me they still battled hard today despite losing heavily and none of them lost their heads and did anything silly and it’s baffling how a good game of football, thoroughly dominated by liskeard is still followed by a battering of Bude by keyboard warriors. 

I was really impressed to see the Bude boys in the clubhouse afterwards laughing and joking with each other and the liskeard players/management. They could have easily thrown their toys out and gone home but it was refreshing to see them support the liskeard bar post game. 

14 minutes ago, J dubz said:

I watched Bude today as I have all season. They were very disappointing against a very good liskeard side who are the best side I’ve seen at this standard for a few years. Bude weren’t actually that far out the game but liskeards midfield were everywhere and budes defence really struggled against a quality attacking force from liskeard. I still think Bude will be there or their abouts as they have some quality players but today just wasn’t there day. I’m really disappointed to see some of the comments on here as the game wasn’t out of control and both teams apart from a few cynical fouls were very well behaved. 

The hate Bude get on here is crazy for me they still battled hard today despite losing heavily and none of them lost their heads and did anything silly and it’s baffling how a good game of football, thoroughly dominated by liskeard is still followed by a battering of Bude by keyboard warriors. 

I was really impressed to see the Bude boys in the clubhouse afterwards laughing and joking with each other and the liskeard players/management. They could have easily thrown their toys out and gone home but it was refreshing to see them support the liskeard bar post game. 

Don’t think anyone was knocking bude or they way they behaved at all. It was more about an incident at the full time whistle unrelated to the game.  
liskeard will take some beating to  Be fair for the league. I just hope they can keep the same side together next season and not suffer the same fate as blazey losing best players.  ( I have heard parkway have already showing  interest in max Gilbert . ) 

16 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Don’t think anyone was knocking bude or they way they behaved at all. It was more about an incident at the full time whistle unrelated to the game.  
liskeard will take some beating to  Be fair for the league. I just hope they can keep the same side together next season and not suffer the same fate as blazey losing best players.  ( I have heard parkway have already showing  interest in max Gilbert . ) 

Losing James Lorenz in the summer, and then Ryan Downing to Blazey last week, shows that they (and all Peninsula League clubs) are vulnerable when the step 5 (and higher) boys come calling, and means that they need to get promoted themselves. Must be a few in this very talented Liskeard side that are on various watch lists.

1 hour ago, J dubz said:

Bude have been nothing but well behaved and spent several quid behind the bar at st Dennis when we've had them 

26 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Losing James Lorenz in the summer, and then Ryan Downing to Blazey last week, shows that they (and all Peninsula League clubs) are vulnerable when the step 5 (and higher) boys come calling, and means that they need to get promoted themselves. Must be a few in this very talented Liskeard side that are on various watch lists.

would say lorenz could be on his way back to lux park if rumours are true? even with the 1st minute goal liskeard completely dismantled bude. front 3 ran them ragged. amount of money being spent at bude there back line were all towing artic lorrys for 90 mins.

1 hour ago, Dwyane Pipe said:

Another L for Cally ….

Maybe, but it was a decent performance which pushed Newquay hard right to the end.

Each week we get stuff like youthful and fast improving Lanson whilst their losses start to add up, but no leeway given to essentially a St Piran side learning as they go along in the SWPL. In the two games I’ve seen Cally they’ve played at times some excellent football. 

5 hours ago, tamar.man said:

Callington 2 Newquay 3 

Credit to both teams for a entertaing game in unbearable heat,   

Callington started with two 16 year olds in their side and we're the better team throughout the first half going in 2 goals up at half time, Newquay must of had a ear bashing half time as they came out second half with two quick goals, and the third not long after, Callington kept going but having the keeper sin binned or sent off im not sure, did not help there chances to get even, good game callington didn't deserve to lose, a draw would of been more fair, Callington are a good  team, they will pick up results im sure, Newquay are a good team second half, but what I have seen so far in this league there are better teams than Newquay, early days though.. 

Agree Tamar Man. A game of two halves. Two super goals to deservedly see Cally in front at the break. Two goals in the first three minutes of the second half meant it was going to be hard going for Cally. The winner was a lovely low volley into the bottom corner. 

Newquay bossed the second half, but to their credit a late rally by the hosts kept the contest alive right to the end.

Both times I’ve been at the Marsh this season the hosts have entertained me and shown real promise. This isn’t being translated into results at the moment, but far more enjoyable seeing a young local side develop than fielding a team of just Plymouth imports.

19 minutes ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Maybe, but it was a decent performance which pushed Newquay hard right to the end.

Each week we get stuff like youthful and fast improving Lanson whilst their losses start to add up, but no leeway given to essentially a St Piran side learning as they go along in the SWPL. In the two games I’ve seen Cally they’ve played at times some excellent football. 

Agree Tamar Man. A game of two halves. Two super goals to deservedly see Cally in front at the break. Two goals in the first three minutes of the second half meant it was going to be hard going for Cally. The winner was a lovely low volley into the bottom corner. 

Newquay bossed the second half, but to their credit a late rally by the hosts kept the contest alive right to the end.

Both times I’ve been at the Marsh this season the hosts have entertained me and shown real promise. This isn’t being translated into results at the moment, but far more enjoyable seeing a young local side develop than fielding a team of just Plymouth imports.

In fairness calli have played liskeard, bude, wadebridge, st Austell, Newquay. Who if you’d had asked most people at the start of the season who the top 6 would be, those would be 5 of the teams mentioned. Correct me if I’m wrong…

They haven’t had a full strength side all season which is no excuse for them as you need depth in this division, that being said today again they had Langton, prescott, Joyce, Robinson all missing, aswell as Pritchard having to come off at half time due to injury.

In the couple of games I’ve seen callington play vs wadebridge/liskeard/newquay they’ve matched the opposition in those games but that being said the scoreline hasn’t gone their way in any of those games. I’m sure once calli can get a full squad together, aswell as some slightly more favourable fixtures they’ll be just fine.

8 hours ago, Buggzy said:

would say lorenz could be on his way back to lux park if rumours are true? even with the 1st minute goal liskeard completely dismantled bude. front 3 ran them ragged. amount of money being spent at bude there back line were all towing artic lorrys for 90 mins.

Oh that’s interesting. How much are they paying their players then? And how would that compare to the rest of the league. If you could give a few comparisons as an example, because to be honest I have not a single clue what any of these guys are paid. So for you to have first hand insight will be really interesting. 

24 minutes ago, The Jam Tart said:

Oh that’s interesting. How much are they paying their players then? And how would that compare to the rest of the league. If you could give a few comparisons as an example, because to be honest I have not a single clue what any of these guys are paid. So for you to have first hand insight will be really interesting. 

common knowledge there throwing money around. you don’t have gabby rogers, mitch mccann & that keates playing there for a couple quid & a beer😂🤷🏻‍♂️

19 minutes ago, Buggzy said:

common knowledge there throwing money around. you don’t have gabby rogers, mitch mccann & that keates playing there for a couple quid & a beer😂🤷🏻‍♂️

Ah ok. I must have missed the post which gave the details of their earnings? So what exactly are their earnings and how does that compare with say, a Liskeard player. I’m assuming you’ll know what Liskeard players earn, if you have intimate knowledge of what a Bude player earns. 
Or are you just speculating and/or gossiping? 

In fact ignore that last question. I already know the answer 👍🏻

1 hour ago, The Jam Tart said:

Ah ok. I must have missed the post which gave the details of their earnings? So what exactly are their earnings and how does that compare with say, a Liskeard player. I’m assuming you’ll know what Liskeard players earn, if you have intimate knowledge of what a Bude player earns. 
Or are you just speculating and/or gossiping? 

In fact ignore that last question. I already know the answer 👍🏻

Of course we don't know exact figures (I doubt even the tax man knows that)

But you're not going to convince anyone that Gabby Rogers, Ryan Keates and Mitch McCann have switched from National League/Southern League to Peninsula League because they love the seaside.

19 minutes ago, FootballChat said:

But you're not going to convince anyone that Gabby Rogers, Ryan Keates and Mitch McCann have switched from National League/Southern League to Peninsula League because they love the seaside.

🤣🤣🤣

Not really helping your mate out are you. Anyway, I’m ducking out this one now. I was always told never to get in a debate with fools as you end up at their level. You crack on though 👍🏻

55 minutes ago, FootballChat said:

Maybe they are keen surfers.

As this is intended as a football forum, it dissapoints that it appears to have decended in to who pays how much and whether H.M.R.C. are aware.
If H.M.R.C. are not being made aware of payments ( the black economy ) then the people and clubs who are involved in such activities must know that if they are caught out it could cause their club to fold, and if any fines can't be financed by the club, its administriuve committee are liable.
Reports on a match are few and far between, more likely are abusive remarks dressed up as banter, or the poor performance of the referee who cost a team a win.
Do your best to win and learn how to lose and don't blame others for your mistakes and as happens in rugby accept the decisions of the referee.
Along with 2,676 others we watched the level 5 Camborne v Redruth match yesterday, there must be a message there somewhere if a crowd of 300 to400 are deemed a good turnout for a local football match.

While money plays a big part, and you can’t blame someone for accepting an offer, something that is irreplaceable with Liskeard … and isn’t in many local clubs, is that the majority of the back bone of the team are friends that have grown up together from the local school. - is there anything better then your favourite hobby with your close friends? It takes some beating. 

1 hour ago, We Two said:

As this is intended as a football forum, it dissapoints that it appears to have decended in to who pays how much and whether H.M.R.C. are aware.
If H.M.R.C. are not being made aware of payments ( the black economy ) then the people and clubs who are involved in such activities must know that if they are caught out it could cause their club to fold, and if any fines can't be financed by the club, its administriuve committee are liable.
Reports on a match are few and far between, more likely are abusive remarks dressed up as banter, or the poor performance of the referee who cost a team a win.
Do your best to win and learn how to lose and don't blame others for your mistakes and as happens in rugby accept the decisions of the referee.
Along with 2,676 others we watched the level 5 Camborne v Redruth match yesterday, there must be a message there somewhere if a crowd of 300 to400 are deemed a good turnout for a local football match.

It must be tedious for other to read this forum at times. It can be like that on a lot of football forums unfortunately. 
However I do feel the chap who raised Bude bank rolling a team raised a fair point of discussion. Are they under achieving, are they over achieving or are they doing, just ok. His error was basing his point on, hearsay, Rumour, gossip or just being plain stupid and making things up. It’s not my place to judge what it was. But I do believe I can ask him to back up his point with some facts. Meat on the bone, if you will. 
The other chap who made accusations regarding fraud. Well, if of a mind, I’m sure someone at Bude could challenge such a documented allegation if they choose. I’m not going to comment on the allegation other than say, it perhaps says more about his moral compass than anything else. 
And finally(as I’m boring myself here, so no doubt you also). If the the comments regarding learning how to lose were for my benefit, I’d kindly ask you review the first post after the results. And as an aside, I’ve had a lifetime of learning to accept a loss. You don’t follow Hearts and expect anything else. And if the banter comment was also aimed in my general direction. Please don’t be mistaken that my comments were banter. They weren’t. If someone is talking nonsense, I’ll debate their points and hopefully show them to be nonsense. 

8 minutes ago, The Jam Tart said:

It must be tedious for other to read this forum at times. It can be like that on a lot of football forums unfortunately. 
However I do feel the chap who raised Bude bank rolling a team raised a fair point of discussion. Are they under achieving, are they over achieving or are they doing, just ok. His error was basing his point on, hearsay, Rumour, gossip or just being plain stupid and making things up. It’s not my place to judge what it was. But I do believe I can ask him to back up his point with some facts. Meat on the bone, if you will. 
The other chap who made accusations regarding fraud. Well, if of a mind, I’m sure someone at Bude could challenge such a documented allegation if they choose. I’m not going to comment on the allegation other than say, it perhaps says more about his moral compass than anything else. 
And finally(as I’m boring myself here, so no doubt you also). If the the comments regarding learning how to lose were for my benefit, I’d kindly ask you review the first post after the results. And as an aside, I’ve had a lifetime of learning to accept a loss. You don’t follow Hearts and expect anything else. And if the banter comment was also aimed in my general direction. Please don’t be mistaken that my comments were banter. They weren’t. If someone is talking nonsense, I’ll debate their points and hopefully show them to be nonsense. 

Your replies are always bang on! Very knowledgeable chap who can see the clear slander from others who are merely speculating and others about a club they know nothing about. Well done that man 👏 

I’ve spoken to quite a few Bude players, management and committee and have been told the same by all of them and that is they have a budget of a certain amount, most the local lads take no money and next to no money and would rather their part of the money goes to the players that travel from further, just so that the squad can be more competitive. Granted, they weren’t very competitive yesterday but they are a cracking bunch of lads and more often than not, a very talented and exciting team to watch.

18 minutes ago, J dubz said:

Your replies are always bang on! Very knowledgeable chap who can see the clear slander from others who are merely speculating and others about a club they know nothing about. Well done that man 👏 

I’ve spoken to quite a few Bude players, management and committee and have been told the same by all of them and that is they have a budget of a certain amount, most the local lads take no money and next to no money and would rather their part of the money goes to the players that travel from further, just so that the squad can be more competitive. Granted, they weren’t very competitive yesterday but they are a cracking bunch of lads and more often than not, a very talented and exciting team to watch.

Thanks for that.
Yeah Bude have a bad rep for some reason. No better, no worse than any other team. So don’t get why they have rattled so many??

Im obviously not Cornish by birth, however my father in law is a Bude boy so that’s why I’ve adopted them as my team. I love football, will support local football.  I sponsor a player at Bude (Tornado 🤣 he gets a few going with his antics. We won’t mention yesterday as we don’t know the facts and it’s pretty serious). Everyone I’ve met at Bude games has been super friendly.
I’ll also go and watch Launceston along with trying to collect new grounds with my little side kick, Harrison the Cockerpoo. 
My point, I’m here for the football. Not petty point scoring, not to wind people up. It’s called the beautiful game for a reason. It wasn’t beautiful yesterday though 🤣. Fair play to Liskeard. A very good team. 

34 minutes ago, J dubz said:

Bude a better team than most in SWPL-W and better than current table position suggests. Put simply, on their best days. anyone can get a tough afternoon at Lux Park.  Liskeard at their best are a truly tremendous Step 6 side. Sadly no match report, no recognition of how good Liskeard are, just sniping at Bude 😞

2 hours ago, The Jam Tart said:

f the the comments regarding learning how to lose were for my benefit, I’d kindly ask you review the first post after the results. And as an aside, I’ve had a lifetime of learning to accept a loss. You don’t follow Hearts and expect anything else. And if the banter comment was also aimed in my general direction. Please don’t be mistaken that my comments were banter. They weren’t. If someone is talking nonsense, I’ll debate their points and hopefully show them to be nonsense. 

The comments made were aimed at football in general and at no individual or club, we'll leave that dubious honour to others and stick to accepted facts.
My wife dared to have a different opinion to one report and was abused in a fashion that if she had been so inclined could have ended up in court.
Time in the professional game taught us that that sort of thing is endemic in football and not worth wasting time on.

BE GOOD TO READ A LOCAL MATCH REPORT IF ANYONE DARE WRITE ONE !

55 minutes ago, We Two said:

The comments made were aimed at football in general and at no individual or club, we'll leave that dubious honour to others and stick to accepted facts.
My wife dared to have a different opinion to one report and was abused in a fashion that if she had been so inclined could have ended up in court.
Time in the professional game taught us that that sort of thing is endemic in football and not worth wasting time on.

BE GOOD TO READ A LOCAL MATCH REPORT IF ANYONE DARE WRITE ONE !

Think the match report will be fine. Liskeard played very well. Bude didn’t. 

Most comments I read about Bude are by Bude supporters..............some.of .your players must get paid a lot...... that's a fact.......so do a lot of other teams players..........money is needed to go up usually(although not a guarantee).

When I watched Bude this year in a pre season friendly they had a good attitude.....only 1 game to judge on but that's my view.

20 minutes ago, Footy follower said:

Most comments I read about Bude are by Bude supporters..............some.of .your players must get paid a lot...... that's a fact.......so do a lot of other teams players..........money is needed to go up usually(although not a guarantee).

When I watched Bude this year in a pre season friendly they had a good attitude.....only 1 game to judge on but that's my view.

Most comments I read about Bude are by Bude - That’s normal isn’t it?  You would surely expect Bude comments would mostly be from Bude posters? Not sure what your point is here?

Some of your players must get paid a lot. That’s a fact. - This just just doesn’t make sense. You are saying they must, therefore I’m assuming (happy to be corrected) that you don’t know. You then go on to say it’s a fact? So do you know or not. It’ll be an interesting debate if they are underperforming or not, once we have facts to discuss. Feel free to add the facts to the debate. 

21 minutes ago, The Jam Tart said:

Most comments I read about Bude are by Bude - That’s normal isn’t it?  You would surely expect Bude comments would mostly be from Bude posters? Not sure what your point is here?

Some of your players must get paid a lot. That’s a fact. - This just just doesn’t make sense. You are saying they must, therefore I’m assuming (happy to be corrected) that you don’t know. You then go on to say it’s a fact? So do you know or not. It’ll be an interesting debate if they are underperforming or not, once we have facts to discuss. Feel free to add the facts to the debate. 

Jude Bellingham must be paid loads at Real Madrid.....that's a fact!.........in other news I don't know how much Jude Bellingham gets paid 😏

25 minutes ago, The Jam Tart said:

Whilst you are pulling me up on my grammar......Must...the word I used and do are different.

Must means expressing an opinion about something that is very likely

39 minutes ago, Footy follower said:

Jude Bellingham must be paid loads at Real Madrid.....that's a fact!.........in other news I don't know how much Jude Bellingham gets paid 😏

Whilst you are pulling me up on my grammar......Must...the word I used and do are different.

Must means expressing an opinion about something that is very likely

Don’t get upset. Just trying to establish if you’re one of the ‘in the know’ posters on the forum. From your response, it’s a no. So that helps me decide if I should bother reading your posts or not. Thanks for the grammar lesson. Everyday’s a school day 😉

1 hour ago, The Jam Tart said:

Don’t get upset. Just trying to establish if you’re one of the ‘in the know’ posters on the forum. From your response, it’s a no. So that helps me decide if I should bother reading your posts or not. Thanks for the grammar lesson. Everyday’s a school day 😉

Firstly,I'm not upset.

Secondly....I read all people views and opinions on here...not just the ones I agree with.....I find it gives me a more balanced view.

Thirdly.....this is local footy we are talking about...a hobby for most of us..whether that's playing,managing,helping out or watching so this is why most are on here.

Lastly...good luck to Bude this season

9 minutes ago, Footy follower said:

Firstly,I'm not upset.

Secondly....I read all people views and opinions on here...not just the ones I agree with.....I find it gives me a more balanced view.

Thirdly.....this is local footy we are talking about...a hobby for most of us..whether that's playing,managing,helping out or watching so this is why most are on here.

Lastly...good luck to Bude this season

Yeah I was just being a **** with that comment. Apologies. 

• Dave Deacon unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
On 09/09/2023 at 20:22, Dave Deacon said:

I’ve taken the decision to hide any posts on here regarding the late incident at Liskeard this afternoon.

Only the ones directly involved will know what happened and so best it’s left to the people in control to do what’s appropriate.

Naturally any similar posts will not be allowed to stay on display and so best not to post please.

Any update on what happened to the offender?