Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Saturday 20 November 2021

25 minutes ago, BlazeyFan90 said:

If you attended the game and was as you state ‘taking it all in’ why did you ask the questions you did in your previous comment? Your name is starting to fit quite nicely isn’t it. Stop trolling, watch a decent game of football on a Saturday and I may consider entertaining your daft comments once in a while. 

I asked because you clearly exaggerated the the incident with Chapman. He wasn't hurt at all. Lol.

It's obvious you have a problem with the truth, even your chairman said St Blazey need to be stronger, so man up a bit and get on with it.

8 minutes ago, silly billy said:

I asked because you clearly exaggerated the the incident with Chapman. He wasn't hurt at all. Lol.

It's obvious you have a problem with the truth, even your chairman said St Blazey need to be stronger, so man up a bit and get on with it.

It’s okay to back track on what you said, and you now need to make something up to cover it up, I get it mate, you’re insecure. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, I have no problem with the truth, however I do have a problem with liars. Enjoy your Sunday roast, you’re boring me now. Perhaps pop along to Friday nights game if you’re not busy, we could conduct a write up together? 😳 

5 minutes ago, BlazeyFan90 said:

It’s okay to back track on what you said, and you now need to make something up to cover it up, I get it mate, you’re insecure. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, I have no problem with the truth, however I do have a problem with liars. Enjoy your Sunday roast, you’re boring me now. Perhaps pop along to Friday nights game if you’re not busy, we could conduct a write up together? 😳 

🤣🤣🤣🤣 And your still replying. Yes am hoping to go Friday, the waltz is always good value. 

Am off out to the old Inn at St Breward now for lunch. Bye x

16 hours ago, Philheybrookbay said:

I’ve stayed away from WL v SWPL statements- but be clear- A step up is a step up.

Now factor in a step up every week but every other week could be 2/3 hr coach trip from Plymouth Eastwards. 

Now factor in the players who can commit. Every away game you’ll loose a player or two. 

Then factor in WL defence. Them Bristol lads eat concrete. No pasties. 

Listen I’ll love Falmouth and Torpoint/Brixham with us next season. But it’s not like the FA Vase.

It’s hard, tough and you go to every game as a supporter hoping and praying you’ll get a result. Chalk and cheese guys. Chalk and cheese 

Great line that Phil - the Bristol lads eat bricks not pasties!!! Bridport apart this season, three points not a given against virtually anyone. No bottom half of the SWPL sides who you can put five or more past even with a rotated side. That's the main difference. Even Brislinton who got hit for eight by the Ashes have had some notable victories. Every game a battle!

16 hours ago, 6times said:

Sorry mate dunno what rediculas means , I’m assuming your meaning ridiculous 😜 I dunno what’s rediculas this town teams in a league that’s poor and they are too good for , if their weekly games were of standard they’d be ready for the likes of buckland and next year with a couple of additions town will be competing at the right end of the western league . At a standard they should be in 👍

So what about the weeks before where majority of the SWPL beat teams in higher divisions and beat them convincingly? Falmouth are a good side, and one loss to Buckland doesn't mean they can't compete... Likes of Falmouth, Brixham, Liskeard, Torpoint are better than the likes of Millbrook, Ilfracombe and others in that league. The western league is shaping up to be the old SWPL with a few additions from Devon, No better standard, however I would say another step up to the southern league is a big step up. 

18 hours ago, David Bray said:

Excellent win today for St.Austell,  can't remember the last time the side won at Camelford, team defended well, both centre half's were outstanding, as was the 'keeper. 

In time being added on they ran the clock down with great composure, but we're relieved to see the Assistants flag chalk out a Camelford equaliser in the final seconds of the match, an unexpected win and an enjoyable game to watch.

For such a young side they showed great maturity. 

Forgot to mention real evidence of ' Global Warming ' a middle aged bloke in shorts, and this was Camelford in November,  

1 hour ago, Southwest football fan said:

So what about the weeks before where majority of the SWPL beat teams in higher divisions and beat them convincingly? Falmouth are a good side, and one loss to Buckland doesn't mean they can't compete... Likes of Falmouth, Brixham, Liskeard, Torpoint are better than the likes of Millbrook, Ilfracombe and others in that league. The western league is shaping up to be the old SWPL with a few additions from Devon, No better standard, however I would say another step up to the southern league is a big step up. 

This is why I love the forum, some absolutely outlandish opinions… unless my first instinct is correct and this entire statement is a joke!

I’ve seen 25 games this season, roughly half Western League and half SWPL. Whilst I’d agree that the step up from a top of the table SWPL clash to a mid-table or lower half Western League game is small I’d nevertheless argue that it exists, but the real difference is that *every* Western League game (excepting games involving Bridport) is at that higher level whereas the bulk of SWPL games simply are not. I think Falmouth and Liskeard could be competitive at Western League level, but not any of the teams below them based on this season’s performances by the rest of the SWPL teams. 

Interesting read this morning, some are far to attached to what people say on here!

Thought it was an excellent game, well worth the entrance fee and seeing those young fans creating an atmosphere was fantastic. 

Thought Blazey started really well, with that long high flighted ball into the big man up front and for the first 20-25 minutes they had plenty of joy, finding themselves 1-0 after a set piece resulted in the front man arriving at the back post to head home.

After that, I must admit Callington seemed to find their groove and looking to get the ball forward as quickly as possible. Jason Chapman who was MOM for me, pulled of a two fantastic saves in the first half firstly from Jack Alexander 1v1 and then from Luke Cloke who thought his header was finding the far corner before Chappy got a finger tip to it.

Half time (Tea was excellent, kit kat even better. Company shocking, Blazey old guard my word! miserable old pensioners springs to mind.)

Second half was a one was affair with Martin Giles & Jason Champman staring again. Callington eventually found the leveler after a period of extreme pressure, when a pull back found Gino Garside with 10 yards in front of him 25 yards from goal to curl the ball into the top right hand corner with Chappy clawing at thin air. The next 15-20 minutes was Callington really turning the screw with Chappy again saving from Luke Cloke 1v1 (Albeit it a heavy challenge on the keeper after left him with a dead leg.) Chappy again turned hero when a well struck volley on the edge of the box took a deflection on the way through wrong footing the experience stopper but he still managed to get finger tips to it to claw it off the line. The last 5 minutes, resulted in a flurry of corners one which Chappy again flicked onto his cross bar. 

Overall fantastic game, thought the referee was good! would liked to have seen him let play go a little more as was very stop start for portions. Laferty will defitnley be over the moon with his keeper. 

Enjoyed the old school way that Blazey set up and play, I'll be making my way down to watch them play Lanson on Friday night! 😃

On 22/11/2021 at 10:06, Greygen said:

Half time (Tea was excellent, kit kat even better. Company shocking, Blazey old guard my word! miserable old pensioners springs to mind.)

To be fair after you got your tea you did have an option to go & stand over by the fence away from the so called miserable old Blazey pensioners  & stand with the miserable foul mouthed old pensioners from Plymouth that have an away game every week 🤔

Just to add in my final comments, this last Saturday was the first and only game where I’ve been comfortable before the game and about 10 mins in against Bridport. It was obvious that we’d get the three points from the start and I’ve not had that feeling since last season in the SWPL. Even at Ashton and Backwell you knew 2 wasn’t enough to settle the game and they were dangerous for spells until that 3rd goal. Proved so in that they got 2 goals against Bitton. 

Id expect Falmouth to do well in WL but be a bit like Saltash and Mousehole and loose some games you’d not expect. I can’t comment on Helston as I don’t know the budget and Millbrook will climb up the table in weeks to comes and I expect Ilfracombe to drop a bit. But if next season Falmouth are a top 10 WL side that would be both realistic and a good result. 

It’s in years to come you’ll have to think about promotion again as there’s some very good sides in WL who both want and budget for SL. But as Saltash fan trust me, this season has been both stressful but so much more enjoyable as you can’t call any WL games (bar Bridport). But that’s the fun of step 5! 

2 hours ago, Philheybrookbay said:

Just to add in my final comments, this last Saturday was the first and only game where I’ve been comfortable before the game and about 10 mins in against Bridport. It was obvious that we’d get the three points from the start and I’ve not had that feeling since last season in the SWPL. Even at Ashton and Backwell you knew 2 wasn’t enough to settle the game and they were dangerous for spells until that 3rd goal. Proved so in that they got 2 goals against Bitton. 

Id expect Falmouth to do well in WL but be a bit like Saltash and Mousehole and loose some games you’d not expect. I can’t comment on Helston as I don’t know the budget and Millbrook will climb up the table in weeks to comes and I expect Ilfracombe to drop a bit. But if next season Falmouth are a top 10 WL side that would be both realistic and a good result. 

It’s in years to come you’ll have to think about promotion again as there’s some very good sides in WL who both want and budget for SL. But as Saltash fan trust me, this season has been both stressful but so much more enjoyable as you can’t call any WL games (bar Bridport). But that’s the fun of step 5! 

So what are the budgets of Saltash and Mousehole then?