Elmore                        3-1       Sidmouth Town

Ottery St Mary             2-1       Stoke Gabriel & Torbay Police

Torridgeside                 3-7        Crediton United

WEST

Camelford                    5-1       Launceston

Dobwalls                      2-3       St Austell

Newquay                      7-0       St Dennis

St Blazey                       2-0       Callington Town

Wadebridge Town        A-A       Liskeard Athletic (floodlights failure)

Watched a brilliant Newquay display tonight vs a poor St Dennis team ,Jack Bray Evans started the goal scoring and it just continued he got another then there was a og ,Tom WHIPP ,JOE COOPER ,2 for ORLANDO ANKER and 1 other . It was great to see Ollie Pinnell playing for Newquay again after a long lay off with a bad injury and it looked like he had never been away he was brilliant as the whole team was .I thought St Dennis would of put up a better show with Jacob Rowe and ex G payer Joe Stone in there team but they where poor onlly time they looked any good is when they put some subs on . I saw this family of 8 from Leeds i got talking to down the Gannel and the asked me if there was a football team her i said yes and they are playing tonight and they enjoyed the match . I thought the ref an dhis officials where excellent and you never noticed the ref he just let the game flow , and played the advantage very well.My mom could go to any 1 of the  Newquay players they where all good im going to go for 2 OLLIE PINNELL AND STAR OF THE NIGHT YOUNG ORLANDO ANKER HE WAS BRILLIANT but  i dont think he should do his stepovers and tricks against a  team like Bodmin they will kick his young ass up in the air , he was so good .Well done Newquay  but lets see how good you are next week against teh talented Camelford side when they visit mt wise .I think Newquay took out there anger against poor St Dennis after such a poor display vs Wendron in that defeat last weekend .Hope things improve for  St Dennis because they are such a nice club and its a shame to see them struggling but they will come good with players like captain Dave Rickard in there team .Real good crowd at NEWQUAY tonight just a shame there was no programs or even a team sheet  the holiday makers would of liked that 

9 hours ago, silly billy said:

Callington could/should of beat St Blazey easily with the amount of chances they had. It was an interesting match. 

First half was full of chances for both teams Callington had enough chances to score in the first half but for a couple of good saves from Steve . 

Apparantley one of the better refs dealing with this one but one incident he was nowhere.

It came after about 10 mins of the first half ,Mark Gusterson had a fair challenge with the Cally captain , the ball proceeded to go out ( in my opinion for a Cally throw . 
The ref who was 25 yds away blows for a free kick to Blazey , in the space of 2 seconds the Cally Captain slapped Mark Gusterson around the side of the face from behind it was no tickle I will tell you , Mark asked Ref Pillerton , did  you see that & unfortunately he never , a good 15 people witnessed it though absolutely disgusting from the Captain.

Don’t agree with above post I have to say there were plenty of chances for both sides in the first half but only one team in it second half & it wasn’t Cally . 

17 minutes ago, MARKSY said:

First half was full of chances for both teams Callington had enough chances to score in the first half but for a couple of good saves from Steve . 

Apparantley one of the better refs dealing with this one but one incident he was nowhere.

It came after about 10 mins of the first half ,Mark Gusterson had a fair challenge with the Cally captain , the ball proceeded to go out ( in my opinion for a Cally throw . 
The ref who was 25 yds away blows for a free kick to Blazey , in the space of 2 seconds the Cally Captain slapped Mark Gusterson around the side of the face from behind it was no tickle I will tell you , Mark asked Ref Pillerton , did  you see that & unfortunately he never , a good 15 people witnessed it though absolutely disgusting from the Captain.

Don’t agree with above post I have to say there were plenty of chances for both sides in the first half but only one team in it second half & it wasn’t Cally . 

Does missing 1 incident in the game make a good ref into a poor one?

17 minutes ago, MARKSY said:

41 minutes ago, MARKSY said:

Totally disagree, It was all Callington first half. 

At least the ref caught the disgusting behaviour that saw a Blazey player given a straight red. Lol

1 hour ago, FootballChat said:

Does missing 1 incident in the game make a good ref into a poor one?

Not sure I’ve mentioned anything about him being poor !!!!

I said he is apparently one of the better refs my point was all about the Cally Captain!!! 

1 hour ago, silly billy said:

At least the ref caught the disgusting behaviour that saw a Blazey player given a straight red. Lol

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

3 hours ago, silly billy said:

Silly Billy, think that’s a very good way of seeing the game! Thought Callington was far the better side and could have been out of sight if it wasn’t for a couple of lucky bounces off the post. Dare I mention the head that came off the bar and looked over the line from where I was stood behind the Blazey dug out.

was a very entertaining game, full of passion and gumpf. A lot has been written about Callington and not being able to control their players or managers & it was Blazey who’s manager was in trouble several times last night & a straight red for a player…begs the question!

It’s Lanson for me again Saturday. Looking forward to another day out……

4 hours ago, silly billy said:

I’m unsure you were watching the same game ‘silly billy’. Numerous chances for both sides, fortunately the better team won. It’s a shame the ref caught the young blazey chap really, and missed all the other abuse from Callington. 

1 hour ago, CornishFan95 said:

I’m unsure you were watching the same game ‘silly billy’. Numerous chances for both sides, fortunately the better team won. It’s a shame the ref caught the young blazey chap really, and missed all the other abuse from Callington. 

Numerous chance's for Callington in the first half, should of been game over.

It was a bit hard for the ref not to see it. Lol

3 hours ago, Greygen said:

Silly Billy, think that’s a very good way of seeing the game! Thought Callington was far the better side and could have been out of sight if it wasn’t for a couple of lucky bounces off the post. Dare I mention the head that came off the bar and looked over the line from where I was stood behind the Blazey dug out.

was a very entertaining game, full of passion and gumpf. A lot has been written about Callington and not being able to control their players or managers & it was Blazey who’s manager was in trouble several times last night & a straight red for a player…begs the question!

Finally someone who saw it the way it was.

Camelford 5-1 Launceston

Thought this might be a close game, Launceston having had a reasonable start, with wins at Penryn and Bodmin and a close game with Liskeard (won’t mention the Falmouth game as a lot of teams will suffer against them this season) and Camelford having had a poor game against Wadebridge and missing three starting players - but it wasn’t. 

Camelford controlled play in the first half, wasted some chances but scored through a Cam P ‘tap in’ from a Tom shot hitting the crossbar and dropping straight down. Two goals from Ryan made it 3-0 by the break. 

Second half Launceston brought on a good young winger, who changed things on their left and following him being pointlessly brought down in the box, Waltz converted the penalty and Launceston looked set for a possible come back but a further two goals from Cam P settled the game 5-1. it should have been more but will take the win and points. 

Reg sets a real example - short on a full squad (every game so far have been missing 2/3 normal starters)so brings in young lads from lower leagues who really shine, get their opportunity and take it - rather than laboured big name players who cost a fortune and contribute little. 

Thought the ref had a good game, as did one of his officials - but the other - omg. 
He must be 80, have seen him wearing a hat before - was never even close to play and when he did flag was overruled by the ref as he was consistently wrong - let alone his random frantic waving of the flag - entertaining to watch and at least both teams had the pleasure of his decisions. Know we are short on officials but this chap should not be allowed - if nothing else for his health. 

Hard game coming up v Liskeard this weekend, who will be fresh after their half game last night. 

Good luck to Launceston - they and Camelford have many close links with players and they deserve to do well. 

Waltz will probably do an update, that it was much closer, but for a very good player he had virtually nothing to work with. 

31 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

Camelford 5-1 Launceston

Thought this might be a close game, Launceston having had a reasonable start, with wins at Penryn and Bodmin and a close game with Liskeard (won’t mention the Falmouth game as a lot of teams will suffer against them this season) and Camelford having had a poor game against Wadebridge and missing three starting players - but it wasn’t. 

Camelford controlled play in the first half, wasted some chances but scored through a Cam P ‘tap in’ from a Tom shot hitting the crossbar and dropping straight down. Two goals from Ryan made it 3-0 by the break. 

Second half Launceston brought on a good young winger, who changed things on their left and following him being pointlessly brought down in the box, Waltz converted the penalty and Launceston looked set for a possible come back but a further two goals from Cam P settled the game 5-1. it should have been more but will take the win and points. 

Reg sets a real example - short on a full squad (every game so far have been missing 2/3 normal starters)so brings in young lads from lower leagues who really shine, get their opportunity and take it - rather than laboured big name players who cost a fortune and contribute little. 

Thought the ref had a good game, as did one of his officials - but the other - omg. 
He must be 80, have seen him wearing a hat before - was never even close to play and when he did flag was overruled by the ref as he was consistently wrong - let alone his random frantic waving of the flag - entertaining to watch and at least both teams had the pleasure of his decisions. Know we are short on officials but this chap should not be allowed - if nothing else for his health. 

Hard game coming up v Liskeard this weekend, who will be fresh after their half game last night. 

Good luck to Launceston - they and Camelford have many close links with players and they deserve to do well. 

Waltz will probably do an update, that it was much closer, but for a very good player he had virtually nothing to work with. 

To be fair absolutely spot on assessment bobjfh. Camelford very organised we gifted the first 2 goals tho from break downs in midfield and then a long ball .. long way back from there .we needed half time to come !!!  The boys dug in and we changed shape and come out second half gave it a reaL go . As we went 3-1 we had another half chance could of made it 3-2 but as we was pushing on .. they hit us with 2 on the break . Lovely finishing sitting the keeper down and chipping him .. Camelford very organised and clinical when needed ..got a young lad only 16 I heard , looks a real talent .. and Harrison was pulling the strings in midfield they will be up and around the top echelons come may  … we gotta bounce back Saturday after 2 poor results .. 

1 hour ago, silly billy said:

Numerous chance's for Callington in the first half, should of been game over.

It was a bit hard for the ref not to see it. Lol

Finally someone who saw it the way it was.

Oh my, I hope Callington are paying you decent money to be their number one supporter, because I doubt they have many. Any who, you lost, blazey called it ‘game over’ at 90 minutes. You just have to let this go now and not let it bother you. 

38 minutes ago, CornishFan95 said:

Oh my, I hope Callington are paying you decent money to be their number one supporter, because I doubt they have many. Any who, you lost, blazey called it ‘game over’ at 90 minutes. You just have to let this go now and not let it bother you. 

I'm a neutral, only saying what I saw with my own eyes. If anything I would say my support swayed to St Austell, oops, my bad I mean St Blazey 🤣

8 minutes ago, silly billy said:

I'm a neutral, only saying what I saw with my own eyes. If anything I would say my support swayed to St Austell, oops, my bad I mean St Blazey 🤣

Crikey, would never of guessed. Well thank you for the £5 admission fee and of course if you treated yourself to a beverage. Goes towards our blazey flags you see. 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - 25th August 2021

Watched Callington the other week and this was a big improvement on that performance but still way way of a supposed top 6 finish.

Callington had many chances first half but chances don’t win you games, goals do and the result is proof of that.

St Blazey looked average at best and thought they could be challenging this year but just feel they looked half a yard of the pace at times but that said, the experience they have in their locker showed in certain situations which will no doubt stand them in good stead for the rest of the season.

Agree with Marksy above, Callington should have played the final 80 minutes with 10 men as the Callington captain should have seen red for his actions against the Blazey striker, not a great example to set from your captain.

Good luck to both teams going forward.

10 hours ago, MARKSY said:

Not sure I’ve mentioned anything about him being poor !!!!

I said he is apparently one of the better refs my point was all about the Cally Captain!!! 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Forgive me, the impression from your comments were that you didn’t think he was great.

Apparently one of the best around.. but…”

So now for the next 6 months we will be hearing about the Callington and Blazey match ,nothing mentioned of the other matches and a great display from the peppermints , its just about the 1  and usually its people commenting who didnt even go to the matches they just follow what other people say and it goes on and on and on Yawn 

28 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

So now for the next 6 months we will be hearing about the Callington and Blazey match ,nothing mentioned of the other matches and a great display from the peppermints , its just about the 1  and usually its people commenting who didnt even go to the matches they just follow what other people say and it goes on and on and on Yawn 

That doesn’t make any sense. It’s a forum. People just have an opinion on any game they want. 

The callington v blazey game was a bit  of a grudge match so lots of talking points  

There also a great report on the camelford launceston game. 

Maybe people just are not that into Newquay on here. 

2 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

I’ve merged the 100%cornish Newquay match report into this thread to see if that makes any difference.

It’s so far back, no one will bother to look. Newquay have recovered somewhat from their problems off the field but still not good enough on the field to challenge. My first comment on them since.

11 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

To be fair, your match reports (although the content is great) are VERY difficult to read.

A few paragraphs and punctuation wouldn’t do you any harm 🤣

On 26/08/2021 at 11:49, Greygen said:

Greygen, in your profile it says your club is "Blazey". Why is this? 🤔👀

On 26/08/2021 at 15:38, The waltz said:

To be fair absolutely spot on assessment bobjfh. Camelford very organised we gifted the first 2 goals tho from break downs in midfield and then a long ball .. long way back from there .we needed half time to come !!!  The boys dug in and we changed shape and come out second half gave it a reaL go . As we went 3-1 we had another half chance could of made it 3-2 but as we was pushing on .. they hit us with 2 on the break . Lovely finishing sitting the keeper down and chipping him .. Camelford very organised and clinical when needed ..got a young lad only 16 I heard , looks a real talent .. and Harrison was pulling the strings in midfield they will be up and around the top echelons come may  … we gotta bounce back Saturday after 2 poor results .. 

Very gracious of you, mate. The lad who scored the hat trick Cam P, (Dave you mentioned not knowing him on your podcast) is a Polperro player - which shows there is plenty of quality in ‘lower’ leagues, just needing a chance to show. Both Camelford’s wingers are 16, both wingbacks are 17/19 and the central two midfielders are 22 (although Ed and Charlie have played together for the best part of 10 years at Torquay, County and Camelford) - which is why I keep banging on about developing teams / players rather than buying in. 
Praise from you about a player is praise indeed though. 

2 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

Very gracious of you, mate. The lad who scored the hat trick Cam P, (Dave you mentioned not knowing him on your podcast) is a Polperro player - which shows there is plenty of quality in ‘lower’ leagues, just needing a chance to show. Both Camelford’s wingers are 16, both wingbacks are 17/19 and the central two midfielders are 22 (although Ed and Charlie have played together for the best part of 10 years at Torquay, County and Camelford) - which is why I keep banging on about developing teams / players rather than buying in. 
Praise from you about a player is praise indeed though. 

Watched Polperro against Sticker reserves.I reckon they'd shock a few of the peninsula teams.

On 26/08/2021 at 20:06, FootballChat said:

Forgive me, the impression from your comments were that you didn’t think he was great.

Apparently one of the best around.. but…”

Just the way it was written not detrimental unlike some ( not yourself) if I have something to say I will say it .

The whole point of my post was that the Captain had a sly slap at the player mainly because he got the better of him I presume throughout the game .

Nothing worse than a defender who can’t cope with the striker so resorts to hitting a player !!!!

10 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Watched Polperro against Sticker reserves.I reckon they'd shock a few of the peninsula teams.

Polperro are a good side, I caught the 2nd half of their opening game against Millbrook and they were excellent.

However, both Millbrook Res and Sticker Res aren’t much of a test. Both poor sides for that division.