Ivybridge Town             4-0       Plymouth Marjon

Millbrook                     15-0     Stoke Gabriel 

WEST DIVISION

Camelford                    3-0       Callington Town

Liskeard Athletic          4-0       Launceston

Mousehole                   6-0       St Blazey

Wadebridge Town        2-1       Dobwalls

Wendron United          3-1       Godolphin Atlantic

I was going to watch Parkway v Buckland, but it sold out. So I am going to Saltash v Cirencester instead. I enjoy a game at the Ashes and it is a place I go just to watch a game and enjoy it for what it is with no pressure to care who wins. That said, I do have a soft spot for them, so I hope they win. They are a lovely club and I find it to be a very friendly place to go. 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Tuesday September 22 2020

FA Cup 1st Qual Rd

Saltash United (SWPL W ) 3 Cirencester Town (Southern League 1 S) 1

In front of a crowd of 298, Saltash pulled off another giant killing and our 2nd Southern League scalp by beating a strong but determined Cirencester team.

In the first 30 minutes you'd have struggled to work out which team was step 6, and which was step 4, given the blistering start. And Saltash took the deserved lead in 22nd minute from a corner and scored by Ben Holter. Cirencester tried to come back into the game but after Ashes captain Dave Barker hit the bar, another attack saw Sam Farrant score.

Ashes fans in dreamland. 2 up after 30 mins against a step 4 team. However, from the restart Cirencester pressed and the Ashes gave away a soft Penalty coolly converted. I was just praying that we'd get to half time still in the lead which we did.

Start of the 2nd half and almost immediately our young striker Reece Thompson strung the offside trip and made it 3-1 after 48 minutes.

Cirencester threw everything including a kitchen sink but the Ashes held firm and after a long second half with no more goals Ashes go through.

I don't know how many step 6 sides are left in, but this is now our Best FA Cup run since 1991-1992. Fair play to Cirencester fans who were generous in saying we deserved the win but we are in the hat for the next round.

I gather some National League South teams are in that draw?? Anyone fancy a trip to Cornwall....

A night to be proud to be an Ashes Fan!

1 hour ago, Philheybrookbay said:

FA Cup 1st Qual Rd

Saltash United (SWPL W ) 3 Cirencester Town (Southern League 1 S) 1

In front of a crowd of 298, Saltash pulled off another giant killing and our 2nd Southern League scalp by beating a strong but determined Cirencester team.

In the first 30 minutes you'd have struggled to work out which team was step 6, and which was step 4, given the blistering start. And Saltash took the deserved lead in 22nd minute from a corner and scored by Ben Holter. Cirencester tried to come back into the game but after Ashes captain Dave Barker hit the bar, another attack saw Sam Farrant score.

Ashes fans in dreamland. 2 up after 30 mins against a step 4 team. However, from the restart Cirencester pressed and the Ashes gave away a soft Penalty coolly converted. I was just praying that we'd get to half time still in the lead which we did.

Start of the 2nd half and almost immediately our young striker Reece Thompson strung the offside trip and made it 3-1 after 48 minutes.

Cirencester threw everything including a kitchen sink but the Ashes held firm and after a long second half with no more goals Ashes go through.

I don't know how many step 6 sides are left in, but this is now our Best FA Cup run since 1991-1992. Fair play to Cirencester fans who were generous in saying we deserved the win but we are in the hat for the next round.

I gather some National League South teams are in that draw?? Anyone fancy a trip to Cornwall....

A night to be proud to be an Ashes Fan!

I'm the club photographer at Hampton & Richmond Borough, but my parents' house overlooks Kimberley - so, yes, I'd love a trip to Cornwall!  Congratulations to the Ashes, fantastic result and achievement so far.

Camelford 3-0 Callington

Another win and clean sheet for the Camels. Camelford dominated the first half and on another day Gus could have scored 3/4 before the break, but for some uncharacteristic finishing. Callington’s main threat was set pieces and a bit of sloppy defending could have resulted in Callington sneaking a goal - but 0-0 at halftime. 
More of the same second half with Camels finally scoring from a back post tap from Leighton. Callington still posed a threat, same problem but game was settled via a good run and cross from Ed for Gus to finally get on the sheet with a tap in. Gus finished off the scoring following a run from Boxy - who squared the ball at the same time as he was badly taken out in the box for another tap in - Callington player was a bit lucky as it probably would have been a straight red had the goal not gone in. Final score 3-0
Camels are playing some good football  picking up valuable early season points. 

Callington do have good players and can pose a threat but they did look very down - hopefully for them they will pick themselves up and get their season going. 

Congratulations to The Ashes from all at Camelford - keep the flag flying. 

13 hours ago, Footballlover442 said:

Blazey got spanked tonight I see 

Shame they wasn't playing at blaise Park tonight they could have just switched the lights off and have the game called off at half time

Absolutely thumped. Sometimes your just have to take a step back and applaud the opposition. If they play like that every week this Mousehole side are going to pump just about every team in the league. I've not seen another step 6 side that good before.

As for Blazey, it all fell apart in the opening few minutes with the penalty. Blazey tried to play football. Bad idea. Other teams take note: don't try to play football against Mousehole because they're better than you and you'll lose.

5 hours ago, SteveM said:

Absolutely thumped. Sometimes your just have to take a step back and applaud the opposition. If they play like that every week this Mousehole side are going to pump just about every team in the league. I've not seen another step 6 side that good before.

As for Blazey, it all fell apart in the opening few minutes with the penalty. Blazey tried to play football. Bad idea. Other teams take note: don't try to play football against Mousehole because they're better than you and you'll lose.

What do suggest then other than try and match them!