Pensilva Reserves    10,    Calstock        2
St Eval Spitfires        4,    Mevagissey Reserves    1

DIVISION 4
Bude Town Reserves    10,    North Petherwin Res    1
Lifton 2nds        11,    St Mawgan Reserves    0
Nanpean Rovers    3,    Newmoor Rovers    2
Week St Mary        2,    Lostwithiel FC         1

1 hour ago, Paul Collings said:

Div One - AFC Bodmin v St Cleer postponed, no referee.

Maybe staggered kick off times would be a good option at this time of year Paul, as sure some refs would be prepared to do two games if the choice was there. Or is it that as long as teams have a ref for their game that's all they care about and don't look at the bigger picture??

To answer all three questions, I don't know why the original referee withdrew but we lost three other officials the same day and there are only four East Cornwall Premier games on tomorrow so things don't look good for the immediate future.

The clubs are encouraged to agree on a 'local' stand-in referee but it is not compulsory and it wasn't possible in this case. Thankfully one game was saved by Brian kindly stepping in but the other two remain in doubt. 

I'm sure there would be times when staggered kick offs and refs handling two games would be  very useful, it has worked well with double headers in recent times but  not sure how  easy it would be to arrange at different venues and we already get moans about  late kicks offs & early kick offs & long travelling distances & evening games & having to play on the first Saturday in September & ...... just about everything really !!

My glass is definitely half empty at the moment !

1 hour ago, Richard Rundle said:

Presumably that's the same pitch at Mary Tavy that has been used in recent times by Mary Tavy FC, Ordulph Arms and Princetown?

Had many a game on that pitch. If memory serves me correct it's in a bit of a slope 

I may be behind the time, why is Lamerton playing at Mary Tavy. Thought you had your own pitch

Was at the Nanpean v Newmoor game as a neutral, 

finished 3-2 to Nanpean,

Referee was absolutely diabolical. Cost Newmoor any points at all with a sending off and penalty in the same incident. 

Further protests got the Newmoor keeper sent off as well. They went down to 9 which killed the game for last 15/20 mins

a very balanced game at 1-1 and just when Newmoor took the lead at 2-1, the referee lost control in Nanpeans favour with a very dodgy penalty decision

Tight affair when I thought it would be a comfortable Nanpean win. 

Lamerton 12 - 1 St Columb

Fair play to the visiting side as they have had their problems in the last few weeks, and even on the day with players pulling out. They never stopped and even though after 20 minutes being 4 or 5 down they had their spells and caused us problems. 2nd half they scored from a corner which should've been cleared. But tiredness kicked in and gave us a few extra goals towards the end.

I hope St Columb keep going for the season, they have a couple of excellent young players who will only improve and will do well in future years.

1 hour ago, Jimmer06 said:

Was at the Nanpean v Newmoor game as a neutral, 

finished 3-2 to Nanpean,

Referee was absolutely diabolical. Cost Newmoor any points at all with a sending off and penalty in the same incident. 

Further protests got the Newmoor keeper sent off as well. They went down to 9 which killed the game for last 15/20 mins

a very balanced game at 1-1 and just when Newmoor took the lead at 2-1, the referee lost control in Nanpeans favour with a very dodgy penalty decision

Tight affair when I thought it would be a comfortable Nanpean win. 

Referee diabolical? Next time learn to keep your mouths shut and not abuse a 16 year old ref 

23 minutes ago, skunkpussy said:

Referee diabolical? Next time learn to keep your mouths shut and not abuse a 16 year old ref 

The sending off were justified. 

However, the decions that led to the players getting frustrated and abusing the were diabolical. 

Can't defend players that hurl abuse in a refs face; it'll always be a red card, but any players would be angry over the ref consistently made massive errors in crucial phases of play. Once the players got on the refs back, these decisions got worse! 

11v11 for 65mins and it was a very tight, competitive game. Can't argue with the red cards but the decisions leading up to the cards ruined the game. 

I understand that the young, new qualified refs have to start at the bottom and learn (we're playing Duchy 4!!) but surely a bit of common sense should prevail and a more experienced ref should be appointed to what was always going to be a feisty game between 2 local rivals both reformed. 

An experienced, strong and consistent ref would have kept control and dealt with things in a far better way. 

The young lad has to be given the chance to learn but that doesn't make it any less frustrating from a Newmoor point of view. 

To be fair there’s a massive shortage of refs maybe the answer would be don’t let new teams enter the league .Few years back you had to provide an official maybe then 2 new teams could have provided refs for 2 other games. 

I do feel for you volunteers who work hard to get teams etc on the field but self discipline and control is important it’s hard to overcome a decision but even harder when a player is then sent off.Glad to see nanpean back in the league! And newmoor!

Torpoint 4-0 St Newlyn East

After the euphoria of our mid week win against Veryan we were given a taste of reality in the Duchy Prem this year by a quality Torpoint side - quality from 1- 16. By far the best team we've played over the last 2 seasons and if this is their squad for the season they will be a force to be reckoned with.

Having said that we were disappointed with the 4 sloppy goals we conceded but Torpoint also missed chances that they should have scored from.

We learn and move on from this defeat.

Best wishes to Torpoint for the rest of their season.

Enjoyed the curry after!

Jiggy. St Newlyn East AFC

7 hours ago, wally6 said:

Lamerton 12 - 1 St Columb

Fair play to the visiting side as they have had their problems in the last few weeks, and even on the day with players pulling out. They never stopped and even though after 20 minutes being 4 or 5 down they had their spells and caused us problems. 2nd half they scored from a corner which should've been cleared. But tiredness kicked in and gave us a few extra goals towards the end.

I hope St Columb keep going for the season, they have a couple of excellent young players who will only improve and will do well in future years.

St Columb started badly last season then came good as the season went on. But was not expecting this result. I will watching them next weekend, fingers cross it will not be the same  

With regards referees. Why don’t they have 1 junior league (Duchy & Trelawny) on a rotation system that has no fixtures that weekend (So every 10 weeks), then a few players from every club gets qualified & referee games in the other divisions on their rest weekends. 

I would happily do this although bringing the cost of the course down would be helpful as this might put off some people?

Game of 2 halves and some very suspect defending Paul the slope caused both sets of defenders all sorts of problems we just managed to score more down it than they did good bunch at pelynt nice to see them on the up and like to think neither team will defend that bad again but like I said the slope definitely played a part 

On 01/09/2018 at 00:00, Paul Collings said:

To answer all three questions, I don't know why the original referee withdrew but we lost three other officials the same day and there are only four East Cornwall Premier games on tomorrow so things don't look good for the immediate future.

The clubs are encouraged to agree on a 'local' stand-in referee but it is not compulsory and it wasn't possible in this case. Thankfully one game was saved by Brian kindly stepping in but the other two remain in doubt. 

I'm sure there would be times when staggered kick offs and refs handling two games would be  very useful, it has worked well with double headers in recent times but  not sure how  easy it would be to arrange at different venues and we already get moans about  late kicks offs & early kick offs & long travelling distances & evening games & having to play on the first Saturday in September & ...... just about everything really !!

My glass is definitely half empty at the moment !

Paul, I was the appointed referee for the AFC Bodmin game.  I subsequently (Monday Afternoon)  received an FA Vase Appointment from The FA, so had to withdraw from the Duchy League game to travel to Plymouth Parkway.

Hope to catch some Duchy fixtures soon

Rob