Cornwall Football Forum

Hodgey resigns!

11 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

More like low tide at Malpas! 

Due to the lack of rainfall in recent weeks the tide is not reaching Malpas at the moment  but there is plenty of mud for you Truro haters to sling around, just keep kicking the boot in and enjoy your fun. I can assure for someone who has supported there team for a lifetime it is not a. laughing matter. I shall not be using this forum again until sensibility returns. ❤️ Cheers and gone.

12 minutes ago, Rayvon said:

Due to the lack of rainfall in recent weeks the tide is not reaching Malpas at the moment  but there is plenty of mud for you Truro haters to sling around, just keep kicking the boot in and enjoy your fun. I can assure for someone who has supported there team for a lifetime it is not a. laughing matter. I shall not be using this forum again until sensibility returns. ❤️ Cheers and gone.

Come on ray just banter mate .?

1 hour ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

I would like to announce that I expect imminently to be named as Truro City’s new manager. It is my intention to appoint Older as my Head Coach with immediate effect. I am not sure who I will get to do the bodies yet‼️?‍??☑️

Your out of luck there Bruegal, Truro tried to recruit me many years ago .....still not for sale.

Like Rayvon - one man club.

2 hours ago, Rayvon said:

Not in the slightest a Truro hater, but a bit of payback for all the crowing from Truro supporters over the years.

Always best served cold.

16 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Your out of luck there Bruegal, Truro tried to recruit me many years ago .....still not for sale.

Like Rayvon - one man club.

Not in the slightest a Truro hater, but a bit of payback for all the crowing from Truro supporters over the years.

Always best served cold.

You would crowing too if Penryn won the FA Vase and were playing in the league that Truro are in. Your no different than the rest of us!

2 hours ago, Goldeneye said:

You would crowing too if Penryn won the FA Vase and were playing in the league that Truro are in. Your no different than the rest of us!

Nope, would never have said some of the things that were posted, but then, as I've said before - you cannot detect the tone it which it was posted.

Certainly if offered the ride  you have had, we would have considered it, but would never have been offered the chance because we just don't throw money at players.

So, we will always stay solvent , even if it meant closing down!!!!

But I hope you continue to enjoy the rollercoaster you have been on....I don't think I would have.

Who can afford to take on the job, move down here from up North, buy or rent a house for themselves and family on the money the average National League South manager earns.

They must accept local ex-players or ex-managers of local sides to be their manager as they will be the only ones who apply as they are they only ones who can afford to take on the job as they already have a house/flat to live in. 

For once I am on Truro's side and would not moan about who they appoint.

That's quite ironic saying wages are bad when hearing what footballers are paid down hear. I do not wish Truro any ill but they do not help themselves when it comes to the local community mainly caused by the previous chairman but the present incumbent does not reach out enough. Hopefully they do pull through because it is awful to see a local team go out of business 

does the truro manager not get paid then ? and other good local options do not  own their own house ? what an odd statement to make . 

it has  nothing to do with that . lee hodges was given the job because of his links to argyle and getting the pick of youth players etc 

same thing will go for next guy if he has torquay links 

7 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

does the truro manager not get paid then ? and other good local options do not  own their own house ? what an odd statement to make . 

it has  nothing to do with that . lee hodges was given the job because of his links to argyle and getting the pick of youth players etc 

same thing will go for next guy if he has torquay links 

Believe that Kevin Nicholson did the Torquay job for nothing. Received expenses, not a salary.