Ludgvan 1-5 Wendron United

Mawnan 1-1 Troon

St. Agnes 2-6 Hayle

St. Day 1-5 Camborne School of Mines

St. Ives Town 4-1 Porthleven

West Cornwall 2-8 RNAS Culdrose

TRACY BANFIELD CUP  (All K/O at 2.00pm)

Altarnun 0-9 Falmouth Town (1st Round)

Penryn Athletic 1-3 Illogan RBL (2nd Round)

Porthleven 3-1 Saltash United (2nd Round)

St. Dominick 1-0 St. Day (2nd Round)

CORNWALL COUNTY INTERMEDIATE CUP  (K/O 2.00pm)

St. Blazey 4-2 Pendeen Rovers (2nd Round)

Redruth United 3(2) v St. Agnes 2(2)

Entertaining game of football considering both team at the lower reaches of the league. First 25mins Redruth had enough of the ball in Thier box to win the game, what happens St. Agnes go up the other end and score. Reagan from Redruth who had the legs on his defender turned him inside out and tucked the ball in the corner of the net. 1-1. Redruth had Thier tales up and scored again through Dan to take the lead.To St. Agnes credit they came back and equalised to make it 2-2 at half time. Second half much of the same with Redruth managing to get the winner through Louis.

Bar far and away the man of the match was the young St. Agnes keeper. Sam had a shot from outside the box going in the top corner, the keeper who is not the biggest tipped it away for a corner. Then he paried a shot in the box fell to a forward 6 yards out who shot for a certain goal but the keeper got his foot to it and kept it out, well done young man.

One unsavoury moment when the home manager walked onto the pitch remonstrating with a St. Agnes player, giving the referee no choice and was rightly sent off.

Both teams tried to play some nice football, but as is the case when you are down the bottom made mistakes and lacked in confidence. Hopefully Redruth can build on today's result and get some more points on the board.

Just now, Postman Pat said:

Entertaining game of football considering both team at the lower reaches of the league. First 25mins Redruth had enough of the ball in Thier box to win the game, what happens St. Agnes go up the other end and score. Reagan from Redruth who had the legs on his defender turned him inside out and tucked the ball in the corner of the net. 1-1. Redruth had Thier tales up and scored again through Dan to take the lead.To St. Agnes credit they came back and equalised to make it 2-2 at half time. Second half much of the same with Redruth managing to get the winner through Louis.

Bar far and away the man of the match was the young St. Agnes keeper. Sam had a shot from outside the box going in the top corner, the keeper who is not the biggest tipped it away for a corner. Then he paried a shot in the box fell to a forward 6 yards out who shot for a certain goal but the keeper got his foot to it and kept it out, well done young man.

One unsavoury moment when the home manager walked onto the pitch remonstrating with a St. Agnes player, giving the referee no choice and was rightly sent off.

Both teams tried to play some nice football, but as is the case when you are down the bottom made mistakes and lacked in confidence. Hopefully Redruth can build on today's result and get some more points on the board.

30 people watching 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - SATURDAY, 25TH NOVEMBER, 2023
16 hours ago, Postman Pat said:

30 people watching 

Didn’t a similar incident happen last year??  What’s the beef??

If a club in the St Piran League have a first team in the premier division and their reserve side is division 2/3/4 how many players from the premier team are they allowed to play in the reserve side? 

Is it as many first team players as they want as it’s all one club and all players are signed for the club?
Or is it only 3 players that are allowed to drop to the reserve side? 

11 minutes ago, robbie keane said:

If a club in the St Piran League have a first team in the premier division and their reserve side is division 2/3/4 how many players from the premier team are they allowed to play in the reserve side? 

Is it as many first team players as they want as it’s all one club and all players are signed for the club?
Or is it only 3 players that are allowed to drop to the reserve side? 

You should look on the St Piran rules as this is a thread for the results . 

Doms 1 St Day 0

This had the makings of a close and entertaining encounter based on the seasons form to date between the first team and St Day who are leading the West Premier Division. 

No goals in the first half but it was a keenly contested half, both keepers dealt with what they had to and both sides had a few glimpses to take the lead. However, the sides would have gone in to the break each confident of finding a way to win the game in the second half. 

It took five minutes of the second half for the goal to arrive, Kane Thomas’ corner from the bottom side was met by a front post run by Calum Courts to give the Doms the lead. St Day quickly responded by committing more bodies forward but defensively we held firm supported by good handling behind the back line by Jamie Blatchford. As the visitors committed numbers forward we had a handful of opportunities on the counter but couldn’t quite find a way to extend the advantage further. 

In to stoppage time and an incident in the corner saw the St Day centre forward shown a red card for his reaction after he had conceded the initial foul. The final whistle blew after several minutes of added time and a committed, hard working display from all the squad saw us progress on to the quarter finals. 

Match sponsors John & Mary Behennah chose Joseph Gill as MOTM. 

2 hours ago, CB34 said:

It’s par for the course as far as St Day are concerned,toxic football club

Hi CB34, I'm not sure who you are but I would like to find out. With a comment like that you must know so much about our club and must have an excellent background and experience of what makes a good club, a bad club and a toxic one.

Please call me to discuss what we do that is so "toxic" in your opionion, your solutions to those problem and I will look to implement them. I would hate for 18 football teams, 64 volunteers and 250+ players to continue in this way without your expert input.

I look forward to your call over the coming hours/days to discuss further and learn from such a knowledgeable other. Please don't leave it too long as I would like to start implementing them before next weekends training/fixtures.

Regards

Mark Leah

5 hours ago, Massive88 said:

Doms 1 St Day 0

This had the makings of a close and entertaining encounter based on the seasons form to date between the first team and St Day who are leading the West Premier Division. 

No goals in the first half but it was a keenly contested half, both keepers dealt with what they had to and both sides had a few glimpses to take the lead. However, the sides would have gone in to the break each confident of finding a way to win the game in the second half. 

It took five minutes of the second half for the goal to arrive, Kane Thomas’ corner from the bottom side was met by a front post run by Calum Courts to give the Doms the lead. St Day quickly responded by committing more bodies forward but defensively we held firm supported by good handling behind the back line by Jamie Blatchford. As the visitors committed numbers forward we had a handful of opportunities on the counter but couldn’t quite find a way to extend the advantage further. 

In to stoppage time and an incident in the corner saw the St Day centre forward shown a red card for his reaction after he had conceded the initial foul. The final whistle blew after several minutes of added time and a committed, hard working display from all the squad saw us progress on to the quarter finals. 

Match sponsors John & Mary Behennah chose Joseph Gill as MOTM. 

It was a good game to watch , St Dominick deserved their win .

Torpoint Athletic 2 - 1 Gunnislake

Torpoint goal scorers: OG & Taylor

A valuable 3 points on Saturday against a robust, experienced Gunnislake side, reversing the result from the away game where they beat us 1-0. Pleasing to get the W after a few games without points. And more positives with Westall returning from injury, both Halls and Ross getting their first starts for the side, and 3 young debuts for Monaghan, Mills and Warren from the bench. 

We started quite brightly but with very little football played on the deck from either side for the majority of the first half. Our first chance was golden as a ball out to the left was half cut out by the right back, slipping in the process, allowing Easterbrook to charge inside in a 2v1 with Westall and the last defender. Defender drawn, Easterbrook slipped the ball right to Westall 16 yards out but with ample time to pick his spot I think he rushed it and slipped, hitting a tame effort straight at the grateful keeper. Let off for Gunni. We failed to create anything clear cut for an age after that, with all our play too direct and though we were aiming for our wide men, it was in the air and easily defended by the back three of Gunni when full backs were the easier outlet to work the ball wide. Easy to see from the dugout but it was obvious in their 3-5-2 how it could have been exposed. The only two times we got the ball out to Cam Ross on the right wing he made something happen. Both times teeing up the supporting Jimi Taylor, the first time Ross got to the byline, sold the defender a kipper and laid the ball back for Taylor to deliver a delicious cross to the back post but Easterbrook and Westall were both flat footed and neither were near it. Minutes later Ross had the ball again winning a free kick near the box/byline, for Taylor to take whose low drive inside the 6yd box wasn't dealt with and the defender couldn't avoid sticking the ball into his own net for a 1-0 lead with Fuller a yard behind waiting to pounce. A deserved lead but Gunnislake were no slouches. A good delivery from a left wing corner was well met by a visiting head and only the hands of our defender on the back post kept the ball out, with no appeals and the ref none the wiser a huge let off for us. I recall another chance for Gunni which fortunately was at Sidey who held well. A theme for the visitors. 1-0 HT.

I was a bit critical at the break to be honest, but constructive. Everyone recognised their formation but by skipping out easy passes to full backs as outlets and working the ball out wide on the deck we were gifting possession away to a team happy to win their headers, much to the disgruntlement of the referee who penalised both teams for text book headers all afternoon, , including a booking apiece, very odd. The other frustration I had was not backing each other up with our efforts, Westall in particular lead the line well all afternoon was working his socks off after 8 weeks out, but wasn't supported in his efforts I thought, and any time he pressed it was an easy ball out, where a 2nd/3rd man in support would have put us on the front foot with a bit more proactiveness in thought and desire. 

Seemed to work in the 2nd half and we did improve, with more play to feet. But soon after the restart Gunnislake drew level with an OG similar to ours in the first. A low driven ball into the 6 yard was tucked away neatly on their behalf by Bark. Thankfully it didn't rattle us too much, with the strength of Westall and the dribbling from both wide men creating pressure in the final third. It was Easterbrook who assisted our 2nd, who bamboozled the right back once, then twice, driving to the byline and laid the ball back to the onrushing Taylor 8yds out to guide the ball inside the near post with his left foot. A deserved goal from Jimi who was a bright spark throughout the game. We should have made it more comfortable with a 3rd, when a good ball in behind to Ross, who guided the bouncing ball to the back post for Westall and Easterbrook to get in each other's way, with the better positioned Easterbrook and his call being ignored by Westall on the stretch and the chance wasn't taken. But positive again from the front three. 2nd half Ross was a menace down the right but a frustration at not being granted a corner gave him a 10min breather and effectively ended his game, as once he returned had stiffened up so was subbed. Gunnislake had chances to equalise when well placed in the box 2-3 times but we were fortunate their efforts on goal were central and Sidey held firm, one standout being fortune as it was stuck under his *** too close to the line for comfort. Plenty of crosses and corners were dealt with again by Sidey who punched strongly throughout. Eventually I think Gunnislake lost energy and hope despite the close score line and it finished 2-1. 

Yet another 3 week break now without fixtures until the 16th, but we have played the most games in the league already halfway through. But we all know how winters are in cornish football nowadays. Next week we have Cawsand (A) for our early Xmas social run, before we face Polperro and Millbrook before Xmas. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/11/2023 at 13:45, Mark said:

Hi CB34, I'm not sure who you are but I would like to find out. With a comment like that you must know so much about our club and must have an excellent background and experience of what makes a good club, a bad club and a toxic one.

Please call me to discuss what we do that is so "toxic" in your opionion, your solutions to those problem and I will look to implement them. I would hate for 18 football teams, 64 volunteers and 250+ players to continue in this way without your expert input.

I look forward to your call over the coming hours/days to discuss further and learn from such a knowledgeable other. Please don't leave it too long as I would like to start implementing them before next weekends training/fixtures.

Regards

Mark Leah

Well well well

3 hours ago, CB34 said:

Well well well

Christ CB34 you have finally replied, where have you been. I hope you're OK and healthy?

Anyway please could you ring me tomorrow so I can start to implement your superior knowledge into our club. Sadly we lost out on this last weekend as youve taken so long to reply, which is out of the norm for you when involving St Day. So I would hate to miss another weekend of our members having access to these improvements.

Look forward to your call. Here is my number again for ease 07875596798

Cheers

9 hours ago, countyman said:

Perhaps you folks would like to shift this off the results thread from last week and just start a mutual appreciation post? @Dave Deacon not a great look for the forum this constant negative commentary??

Countryman nothing negative about my post, so I hope you're not relating your comment to me.

I've got a right to pick up on post which are slanderous towards the club. I'm sorry that's on a results thread and it upsets you but CB34 does seem to have a little issue he needs to get off his chest and plus I'm always open to learning from a more knowledgeable other, just like we all should.

Hopefully CB34 will ring me and I will not have to post again. Sorry to intervene on your fourm.

Warmest Regards

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/12/2023 at 21:36, countyman said:

Perhaps you folks would like to shift this off the results thread from last week and just start a mutual appreciation post? @Dave Deacon not a great look for the forum this constant negative commentary??

Unfortunately admin are not bothered about negative comments as you can see quite clearly all names of persons on here should be verified end of.

Then you would have proper discussions & diplomatic views on everyone’s opinions correctly.

1 hour ago, MARKSY said:

Unfortunately admin are not bothered about negative comments as you can see quite clearly all names of persons on here should be verified end of.

Then you would have proper discussions & diplomatic views on everyone’s opinions correctly.

Not quite true MARKSY, I agree with you that it should be the real names of the posters, however I'm only one of five!

If everyone agrees with you and I - members could start by going in to their profile settings and amending appropriately.

We should start a campaign! 

11 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Not quite true MARKSY, I agree with you that it should be the real names of the posters, however I'm only one of five!

If everyone agrees with you and I - members could start by going in to their profile settings and amending appropriately.

We should start a campaign! 

Hi Dave , I don’t necessarily think a campaign is required you said there are 5 administrators you clearly agree so why not chat to the other 4 & make a decision on that outcome.

Dont get me wrong I’ve had many an argument on here & love banter  as well but at least the person I am arguing with  at least knows who I am.

A lot of the time I argue on here for what I believe in etc ie that’s days game that club that ref etc etc 

Again I’ve had pops at people but once again they know who there arguing with.

To many people come on here to attack individuals clubs etc & in this day and age of mental health etc it should never be allowed. 
An argument is one thing but to hide behind a fake name & purposely attack someone or something makes them not only invisible but seemingly invincible.

The key board warriors has put this excellent forum that it once was to a shambolic excuse of a hate campaign against anyone & anything it chooses.

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

Waiting for them to respond!

In the meantime let’s kick it off by everyone reading this changing their name if necessary. Kick it off MARKSY and show how easy it really is 👍

Thanks Marksy, sorry I mean Dave Marks :thumbsup:, for changing your display name.

All everyone else has to do is when you've logged in - click on your name which should be top right of screen, and then click on 'Account Settings'. You should then be able to see 'Display Name' and to the right of that 'Change'.

Hopefully that should do it.

10 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Thanks Marksy, sorry I mean Dave Marks :thumbsup:, for changing your display name.

All everyone else has to do is when you've logged in - click on your name which should be top right of screen, and then click on 'Account Settings'. You should then be able to see 'Display Name' and to the right of that 'Change'.

Hopefully that should do it.

Be interesting to see how many do !!!

Sorry everyone to have tried something - please accept my apologies for trying to do what I thought would be rather painless, however not wanting to upset the members, please revert your names back to what you used to be so that you're all happy with things.

Apologies for wasting your time.

Dave Deacon