Truro City Reserves  P-P   Launceston

15:00   

Callington Town    P-P           Dobwalls

Camelford         P-P       Mullion

Penzance          3-1      Bodmin Town

St Dennis        P-P    Wadebridge Town

Wendron United      4-4     Bude Town

2 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Just seen Newquay vs Liskeard match is off thats a bloody joke weather is gorgeous here sunny and windy no rain at all and forcast is showers in the morning tmmrw and sun in the afternoon Has anyone bothered to come to Newquay to see how nice it is and the pitch looks lovely .Really ****** off 

I'd blame Simon at Bodmin mate.

Its been Sunshine all day with strong winds perfect for drying the pitch out i think they have called the match off way to early .

I wont blame Simon at Bodmin think hes got enough problems there anyway hes doing his best with the players hes got but he does needs some old hands to help the youngsters out .

Been looking forward to the Newquay game all week it helps with your mind having something to look forward to its ok if you got a family or a wife or partner  i have no one and if i didnt have my local football i wouldnt be here now im sure of that 

Lovely and Sunny here in Newquay this morning with a strong wind ,day of watching footy on the screen then would of been nice watching the footy this afternoon if it was to stay like this but dont expect it will the Mt Wise Pitch looks lovely and it looks like it could be played on no trouble at all and i should know i was a garedener on the council for 14 years until i left to look after my dad who had a serious stroke after Watching Wadebridge vs Newquay on Boxing day 

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Lovely and Sunny here in Newquay this morning with a strong wind ,day of watching footy on the screen then would of been nice watching the footy this afternoon if it was to stay like this but dont expect it will the Mt Wise Pitch looks lovely and it looks like it could be played on no trouble at all and i should know i was a garedener on the council for 14 years until i left to look after my dad who had a serious stroke after Watching Wadebridge vs Newquay on Boxing day 

It may look fine, but 22 players with studded boots on, see what it looks like after 15 mins, the ground is saturated under foot, my grass looks nice in the garden but it is sopping wet underneath, some big heavy showers moving in as well

Wall to Wall sunshine here would of been perfect playing conditions but someone has decided its to wet to play on i have been out dog walking across fields and its fine a chance missed by Newquay would of been a good crowd up there as well there has been 2 days of sunshine and wind so that would of dried the pitch out 

59 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Wall to Wall sunshine here would of been perfect playing conditions but someone has decided its to wet to play on i have been out dog walking across fields and its fine a chance missed by Newquay would of been a good crowd up there as well there has been 2 days of sunshine and wind so that would of dried the pitch out 

Give it a bloody rest with the whinging man ! You're not the only one missing a game !!

4 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

There not a single pitch dried out at all. The pitch would have  been unplayable and dangerous and the responsble thing to do is call it off. Would you rather seen a farce of a game on pitch that cuts up and put out for next 6 weeks and players getting injured .  You just can’t  win with some people. 

26 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

They have played on a lot worst this season ,You had the 2nd team playing against Newlyn East 3 miles away and that went ahead we have had no rain at all today , there will be a lot more matches where the pitch is a lot worst than it was today which will go ahead .

Bore off.

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 4 November 2023
1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

They have played on a lot worst this season ,You had the 2nd team playing against Newlyn East 3 miles away and that went ahead we have had no rain at all today , there will be a lot more matches where the pitch is a lot worst than it was today which will go ahead .

As someone whose team did play today- perhaps it comes down to volunteer availability to repair? Our pitch is a bit of a mess now, luckily we've got a few days to sort it and some fantastic volunteers who will come in on Monday and Tuesday extra. 

No disrespect but without volunteers freely available I can see why some could err on the side of caution. 

10 minutes ago, CornishCrypto said:

Feel sorry for wendron for having to play against half of the southern league today 🤣🤣

I'm not sure if that's an assumption or perhaps you could name some of the "southern league" players to help us out, but it's one of the few down sides for having a good ground staff/volunteers on a day when only 2 SWPL games survived!

Wendron 4(4) Bude 4(2)

Considering the conditions a lot of decent football played by both teams.. Wendron storming into a 4 goal lead before being pegged back level with 10 to go. last 10 minutes could have gone either way but a draw was probably a fair result over 90 minutes.

17 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

I'm not sure if that's an assumption or perhaps you could name some of the "southern league" players to help us out, but it's one of the few down sides for having a good ground staff/volunteers on a day when only 2 SWPL games survived!

Louis Morison - Exmouth town (Formely Tiverton) Nelson iseguan - Exmouth, but in fairness has played for crediton this season. Ryan keates - Tiverton Town, Tyler Yendle, started the season at bideford. That’s just naming the goal scorers….

6 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Well done Bude for giving Step 6 football followers the chance to see some higher class players.

Although let’s be fair neither Exmouth nor Tiverton having the best of seasons. A ploy to boost the players confidence perhaps?

It could be , I think Bude are doing people a service in Cornwall because what would people think about else ? What did cornwall have to talk about before they got in to step 6 🫣🫣🫣

54 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Well done Bude for giving Step 6 football followers the chance to see some higher class players.

Although let’s be fair neither Exmouth nor Tiverton having the best of seasons. A ploy to boost the players confidence perhaps?

And those players do play for Bude quite regular if you look on full time 

24 minutes ago, Seasiders said:

And those players do play for Bude quite regular if you look on full time 

Don’t think Morison and iseguan play regular, what happens when there Saturday sides have a game, would have gone down to wendron with less than a starting X1 and wendron win the game comfortably. No complaints from Wendron, but not a fair reflection, and could cost them a potential promotion! Should be regulated in terms of how many players from above you can have! 

14 minutes ago, CornishCrypto said:

Don’t think Morison and iseguan play regular, what happens when there Saturday sides have a game, would have gone down to wendron with less than a starting X1 and wendron win the game comfortably. No complaints from Wendron, but not a fair reflection, and could cost them a potential promotion! Should be regulated in terms of how many players from above you can have! 

Ifs and buts as always … stop being busy and enjoy a decent game of footy. Saltier than Arteta

27 minutes ago, WendronOfficial said:

I think River Allen and Carlo Garside too? 
But no complaints from us. You play what’s in front of you and Bude haven’t done anything wrong. We did enough to win it but some come back from Bude. All the best for the season. 

Great way of putting it expected no different from the Dron, sounded an entertaining game. Fair play Bude for bringing that standard of player to the league and a great comeback. Hopefully it’s on a consistent basis if not it has its benefits like today and against Callington but then Dobwalls dispatched them 6-1 last week. Maybe the league hasn’t dropped standard as much as some think 🤔 

15 minutes ago, Blues1995 said:

Ifs and buts as always … stop being busy and enjoy a decent game of footy. Saltier than Arteta

🤣🤣🤣 - it’s a forum for discussion, of which I’m discussing the probability of a wendron win if Bude acted like 90% of the other clubs in the league and went with their normal squad. 

no salt here as I’m not affixed to any club in the peninsula league, just seems very odd on the face of it

On 03/11/2023 at 14:33, 100%cornish said:

Just seen Newquay vs Liskeard match is off thats a bloody joke weather is gorgeous here sunny and windy no rain at all and forcast is showers in the morning tmmrw and sun in the afternoon Has anyone bothered to come to Newquay to see how nice it is and the pitch looks lovely .Really ****** off 

What a stupid comment from you again! It might well be blue skies but the weather pitch had that to deal with last couple weeks has been silly pitch might look nice but still be loads of water on it! 

1 hour ago, Way Of The Park said:

If there was a full Southern League program yesterday, would Bude have been unable to raise a side and forced to forfeit the game?

The argument of their “helping out” due to injuries/suspensions does make you wonder. Despite having 101 players registered.

Again, Bude haven’t broken any rules etc let’s be clear about that. Although for me it does defeat the integrity of the league. 

Personally think those likely to have promotion/relegation six pointers should start crowd funding now to have a budget to bring in half of step 3 if and when needed!

1 hour ago, Tavi Fan said:

The argument of their “helping out” due to injuries/suspensions does make you wonder. Despite having 101 players registered.

Again, Bude haven’t broken any rules etc let’s be clear about that. Although for me it does defeat the integrity of the league. 

Personally think those likely to have promotion/relegation six pointers should start crowd funding now to have a budget to bring in half of step 3 if and when needed!

Exactly my point, it’s for no other gain, than to fuel the managers ego. League position is not ultimately going to change drastically, it makes a mockery of the league and its integrity. 

You have good young players coming through the club, who will seek football elsewhere through lack of opportunities in the first instance, how many times have we seen clubs do it, then fall by the wayside. Success takes time and is built up season upon season. 

To cover injuries etc, I totally understand on occasion and I’m sure most clubs have done that, but 4 + players from a way higher standard is a shambles. 

Getting the on the podcast would be great, but they’ll come up with the same answers as last year, smallest budget in the league, club has no money, they’re playing because they love the club 🤣🤣

Football from the very peak of its existence to its grassroots has moved on in considerable measure from the days when it was a sport, to the days when it is a money oreientated game run along the lines of a business. and where the sport element is secondary.
Pemier league players will move club " to be able to win some medals" whilst failing to mention that the move will also include an extra few hundred thousand pounds a year.
Why does that affect local football? the answer is because of the tendency to copy, albeit on a much lower scale, their professional counterparts.
Many players at what is considered to be the grassroot level, don't move to clubs who could improve their sporting ability, but rather to who pays the most money.
That is a fact that is recognised in some quarters as the reason that in some regions there is a

lack of players coming in to the professional game.

PENZANCE 3 BODMIN TOWN 1
A Man of the Match performance from goalkeeper Will Trenoweth was the difference between two industrious sides as Penzance came from behind to beat Bodmin Town.
The outcome hinged on two pivotal second half minutes. After Sam Eccleston had been fouled by Liam Andrew, James Hamson had the opportunity to give the visitors a vital lead going into the final half hour. But Trenoweth sprawled low to right to keep out the Bodmin captain's penalty, and barely a minute later the Magpies seized the initiative with a spot kick of their own. Jacob Trudgeon gratefully slammed the ball past Piran Jones after himself being clattered, and from then on Penzance didn't not look back, easing clear to bag a fifth win from six home games.
Ironically Trudgeon's first goal in ten matches came on an afternoon he had been relegated to bench. With Mark Vercesi, Alfie Turner and James Butler all back in the starting line-up, Trudgeon made way along with Kam Collins and Dylan Walter. The midfielder was soon back in the thick of the action though, replacing Turner after the left-back's troublesome hamstring again let him down. 
The chopping and changing may partly explain why Bodmin settled better and took an early lead when Will Elliott got behind the Penzance back line and finished confidently. Both Butler and Vercesi hit the woodwork at the other end, but the home side would have fallen further into arrears but for Trenoweth's first wonder save, low to his left from a superbly hit Dylan Peters free-kick. This inspired Penzance to bag a critical equaliser just before the turnaround. Jones saved Michael Fitchett's back post effort from a deep Silas Sullivan cross, but Charlie Willis snaffled up the rebound for his second goal in as many matches.
After Trudgeon’s emphatic penalty, it was a similar statement finish from another benched regular that wrapped things up with ten minutes to go. Replacing Tyler Tonkin, Collins trotted straight out of the dug-out into Bodmin’s six yard box to power home a Frazer Cadman corner with his first touch – precisely the reaction manager Ashley Waters was seeking.
Victory was secure - particularly sweet on an afternoon Penzance remembered two club legends, Terry Dann and Dick Stanley, who passed on this week, and reopened the impressively refurbished main stand.

Penzance: Will Trenoweth, Archie Reynolds, Alfie Turner (Jacob Trudgeon 38), Mark Vercesi, Tyler Tonkin (captain) (Kam Collins 80), Liam Andrew, Frazer Cadman, Charlie Wills (Dylan Walter 88), James Butler (Ollie Butler 84), Michael Fitchett (Rolandos Samnauskas 54), Silas Sullivan
Bodmin: Piran Jones, Dylan Peters, Kai Foster, Will Elliott, Andre Silva, Nicholas Salop, James Hamson (captain), Louis Taylor, Sam Eccleston, Noah Crump. Subs: Henry Ellis, Oskar Prusek, Rory Jarvis
Referee: Steve McCulloch
Assistants: Francis Hood, Barry Raiker