Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Saturday 4 November 2023

Great write up from James Wright about the Penzance game 

Newlyn East must have a hell of a good Groundsman to of got the game with Newquay Reserves on yesterday which Newquay Res won 4-0 i would of gone to that but didnt even knew it was on Newquay Res top of there League and 1st team doing so well as well 

11 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

If there was a full Southern League program yesterday, would Bude have been unable to raise a side and forced to forfeit the game?

If my auntie had……… you know the rest

10 hours ago, Tavi Fan said:

The argument of their “helping out” due to injuries/suspensions does make you wonder. Despite having 101 players registered.

Again, Bude haven’t broken any rules etc let’s be clear about that. Although for me it does defeat the integrity of the league. 

Personally think those likely to have promotion/relegation six pointers should start crowd funding now to have a budget to bring in half of step 3 if and when needed!

Might be worth checking all the teams in the league for registered players. Will be interested (not really) in how Bude compare. I would check myself, but I have a wall I’ve just painted and quite fancy watching the paint dry. Incidentally, what difference does that make exactly when a club has a lot of players registered? 
When can we expect the full update on the number of players every team has registered? I’ll make sure I am on the forum because no doubt a team having less players registered than Bude will reflect badly on Bude and a team having more registered than Bude will be because they need to extra players because Bude are ‘playing the system’ and bring in players of a higher standard and frankly, that’s simply unfair 😉

I’m going to ask for education lessons from the merry band of football experts on here. So please, educate me. 
What is it with Bude that has so many twitching every week. In my short time on this forum, they have been described as, dirty, no standards, horrible fans, arrogant, not as good as they think they are, a shambles, not improving the SWPL, bringing in too many players from a higher standard, paying hundreds of ££ on players each week, the ground is a disgrace, the people running the club are running it into the ground. 
That’s about the gist of it. For a ‘laughing stock’ of a football club, why do they trigger so many? 
Genuine question. 

16 hours ago, The Jam Tart said:

I’m going to ask for education lessons from the merry band of football experts on here. So please, educate me. 
What is it with Bude that has so many twitching every week. In my short time on this forum, they have been described as, dirty, no standards, horrible fans, arrogant, not as good as they think they are, a shambles, not improving the SWPL, bringing in too many players from a higher standard, paying hundreds of ££ on players each week, the ground is a disgrace, the people running the club are running it into the ground. 
That’s about the gist of it. For a ‘laughing stock’ of a football club, why do they trigger so many? 
Genuine question. 

Just thought it was interesting as a fairly neutral bystander that Bude's bench looked a bit short of numbers.  A heavy pitch and end to end game but I don't recall Bude making any subs.  With the supposed 6 Southern League players, where was everyone else?

Just getting Deja Vu with recent seasons at Bodmin who very often "reached out" to higher league players, then struggled with numbers when everyone had a game. Just seems like a short-term strategy to me that doesn't breed loyalty from the squad players who have to step down when the higher league players pitch up.

That being said, Bude were good value for the 4-4 and hit the woodwork twice in the 2nd half.  Great comeback in the Wendron weather and showed that they had excellent team spirit which you don't always see when players guest for another team.

3 hours ago, The Town Man said:

Just thought it was interesting as a fairly neutral bystander that Bude's bench looked a bit short of numbers.  A heavy pitch and end to end game but I don't recall Bude making any subs.  With the supposed 6 Southern League players, where was everyone else?

Just getting Deja Vu with recent seasons at Bodmin who very often "reached out" to higher league players, then struggled with numbers when everyone had a game. Just seems like a short-term strategy to me that doesn't breed loyalty from the squad players who have to step down when the higher league players pitch up.

That being said, Bude were good value for the 4-4 and hit the woodwork twice in the 2nd half.  Great comeback in the Wendron weather and showed that they had excellent team spirit which you don't always see when players guest for another team.

I spoke with someone last week at the  home game (maybe the chairwomen) and was told they have a few players away current (holiday?) and a few injuries and don’t have enough first team players in their squad. Their reserve team is in the 3rd or 4th division so can understand the reticence to promote into an already struggling team. 
Thanks for the feedback. 

4 minutes ago, The Jam Tart said:

I spoke with someone last week at the  home game (maybe the chairwomen) and was told they have a few players away current (holiday?) and a few injuries and don’t have enough first team players in their squad. Their reserve team is in the 3rd or 4th division so can understand the reticence to promote into an already struggling team. 
Thanks for the feedback. 

The loyality you have to bude cannot be questioned, but how many times throughout this season have you watched bude put out the same side back to back, or similar? Cant always be away on holiday.

Probably comes closer to the point that local players have had enough with starting one game, then on the bench when the mountain of ringers come in. A string of suspensions for them, but no punishment as players from all levels have been brought in, further pushing the local players away.

Surely as a fan, you would prefer watching a local team, playing their hearts out for Bude FC or do you prefer watching a different bunch of players week in, week out ?

Irrespective of the money banded about, which we all know is obscene, but we dont need to start that bandwagon again, it messes with the integrity of the league and makes a mockery of it.  

I hope for the sake of the club, this isnt a repeat of a bodmin etc, as its actually a cracking club and could, in the right hands be a great place to play and watch football.

15 hours ago, The Jam Tart said:

Thanks for the feedback. 

Few on holiday in November 😂  and this is what puts off young players in the reserves regardless if it’s 3rd or 4ths . They watch the first team and see zero  chance of a spot on the bench for  the first team or even a chance of progression. As it taking up by some bloke who has no affiliation to club playing for a bit of extra money who just get in his car play  and then drive off  never to be seen again till next time his club has a blank weekend.  

can  debate about it all day it will never be right and should be things in place to stop it. 

Yup, absolutely fair points. I think the holidays may have been half term?? However of course I’d rather watch a settled team with youngsters being drip fed in to gain experience.
I’m not in a position to comment on comparisons with other club’s mistakes, and can only judge it on what I’m seeing. I ‘think’ what I’m seeing is a club trying to get through what is turning out to be a difficult season for a multitude of reasons. Who is bank rolling that? I have no idea. Is it sustainable, I also have no idea. I’m a glass half full person, so believe those in charge of the club have the best interests of the club at heart and are making decisions based on that. 
I just struggle with the constant jibes, snide comments and absolute glee when Bude have a player sent off etc (not aimed at anyone in particular). I find it weird that so many are triggered by Bude. 

21 hours ago, The Town Man said:

pretty sure i saw one of them dressed as a christmas pudding going to crouchfest 😁