Cornwall Football Forum

LISKEARD management step down

4 hours ago, FootballChat said:

Can we re-visit this at the end of the season? Darren, Bobby and yourself haven't got the best track record!

Winners aren’t shy people with arms folded in the dugout. I think the ‘Blues 3’ will be pretty voluble!

The WCP Final was pitiful and embarrassing from a Liskeard fan perspective. Win in style, but try to lose with grace? An disciplinary improvement is essential.

What might be more contentious was last season I raved about the Blues playing style, but they came up short. Maybe they were not as good as they and I thought? That squad should have been title winners. Ability without doubt, a joy to watch without question, but sometimes good attitudes and battling qualities needed too. Did the Blues have as much application as talent? 

TBH, beating certain lower league sides, in a now relatively weak league 5 or 6-0 (or more) proves nothing. Time to mix talent with grit and get out of the declining SWPL West! Over to you Blues!!

I can’t wait until the new season starts. I’m looking forward to seeing how the new boys fit into a pretty settled team. 
discipline was a major problem last year. So that definitely needs to be addressed. But all successful teams have that bit of needle to be winners. 
I’m sure attack wise the likes of Gilbert. Thorpe. Jeffrey. Woods. Downing. Smith & Dj will be strong enough to blow most teams away 

13 hours ago, LeeMann said:

Couldn’t agree more we will see hopefully 12 months from now we are planning to start the western league

we have a new team of doer aswell and already doing some fantastic work lead by JC and Steve Colins. 

A big shift being put in this weekend and next to get Lux looking ready for the new season ahead. Managers, Players and Committee members all working hard. New moto for this year #togetherstronger

• 2 weeks later...

May we respectfully suggest that everyone waits until transfers are made and registered by the leagues concerned when the official time arrives for such transfers to be made.
Joe Bloggs could state that he will sign for several clubs, but when the signing on date officially arrives he may not sign for any of them.

Have a look on the S.W.P.L. website which says  Players currently registered this season 000  Total transfers this season 000  included in the information is that the next update will be on the 31st July 2023 ! which suggests that that is when the transfers listed will be both reliable and official.

27 minutes ago, We Two said:

May we respectfully suggest that everyone waits until transfers are made and registered by the leagues concerned when the official time arrives for such transfers to be made.
Joe Bloggs could state that he will sign for several clubs, but when the signing on date officially arrives he may not sign for any of them.

Have a look on the S.W.P.L. website which says  Players currently registered this season 000  Total transfers this season 000  included in the information is that the next update will be on the 31st July 2023 ! which suggests that that is when the transfers listed will be both reliable and official.

Interesting as loads of clubs start pre season friendliest before that date !! Are the players insured ??

To clarify registration open BUT until July - approach not required.

Also the FA software is offline 1/7 to 5/7 nationally, so really 6/7 before a player is truly registered and 7 days required.

The 31/7 date on SWP website is a holding date only and has no great significance.

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

To clarify registration open BUT until July - approach not required.

Also the FA software is offline 1/7 to 5/7 nationally, so really 6/7 before a player is truly registered and 7 days required.

The 31/7 date on SWP website is a holding date only and has no great significance.

Would think that most clubs have started their pre season now, looks like next weekend is the first big PSF weekend. As always, be interesting to see which players "keep their options open" by training or playing with several clubs. Mr Triallist will doubtless be very busy again.

It’s always been like this. It’s just now every club thinks it has to jump  on social media to parade bang average players like they signed someone from Real Madrid 😂

honestly what is all this photos of  players holding shirts up or retained players list  like it’s the premier league most of these players be gone by august . .
 I miss the good old days of the team photo for every team in the independent newspaper on a Sunday  at the beginning of the season so you can see who signed on. 

2 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

It’s always been like this. It’s just now every club thinks it has to jump  on social media to parade bang average players like they signed someone from Real Madrid 😂

honestly what is all this photos of  players holding shirts up or retained players list  like it’s the premier league most of these players be gone by august . .
 I miss the good old days of the team photo for every team in the independent newspaper on a Sunday  at the beginning of the season so you can see who signed on. 

With some players being in more than one photo! 🤣