Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

Combellack Vehicle Recyclers ECPL Results Saturday 28th January 2023


Recommended Posts

Liskeard Athletic Reserves    H/W    St Dennis Reserves

North Petherwin    2-1    Looe Town

Roche    1-2    Newquay Academy

St Columb Major    0-5    Foxhole

St Minver    2-1    St Blazey Reserves

St Stephen    5-0    St Teath

Wadebridge Town Reserves    0-4    Torpoint Athletic Thirds

All KO’s 14:30, good luck to all teams.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Liskeard v st Dennis is off 

Can only apologise to liskeard as at 12 pm I had 3 players pull out and the lino say he couldn't make it,I tried several other people but half don't answer n the others had other plans so again can apologise to liskeard and the guys/ladies behind the scenes for having to call the game off,we had bare 11 to start with btw,ud think after 2 months of bad weather n no games people would jump at the chance of a game of football.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, davegrose said:

think after 2 months of bad weather n no games people would jump at the chance of a game of football.

You would certainly think so Dave! So many late pull-outs makes it impossible for a manager to get a side out. Feel for you!

I hope the late notice withdrawal players had very good reasons!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, davegrose said:

Liskeard v st Dennis is off 

Can only apologise to liskeard as at 12 pm I had 3 players pull out and the lino say he couldn't make it,I tried several other people but half don't answer n the others had other plans so again can apologise to liskeard and the guys/ladies behind the scenes for having to call the game off,we had bare 11 to start with btw,ud think after 2 months of bad weather n no games people would jump at the chance of a game of football.

 

 

I dont know how you keep going yourself dave after all the work put in to keep the side going last few years.  Tough tough job. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Rjw87 said:

St Columb Maj 0-5 Foxhole Stars FT. 

A very good contest for about 60 mins, but in the end best side won. St Columb probably should have had at least 3 penalties, but the ref never kept up with play all game. I can't believe the ecpl appointed a 80 year old for a big game like this 😂

Steggles good ref. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Rjw87 said:

St Columb Maj 0-5 Foxhole Stars FT. 

A very good contest for about 60 mins, but in the end best side won. St Columb probably should have had at least 3 penalties, but the ref never kept up with play all game. I can't believe the ecpl appointed a 80 year old for a big game like this 😂

Rose tinted glasses on 😂😂😂one penalty at best

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, StarMan42 said:

Rose tinted glasses on 😂😂😂one penalty at best

Foxhole keeper even said major should of had at least 2 or 3 pens. 👊

13 minutes ago, cornish leg end said:

Steggles good ref. 

Maybe 30 year ago he was Tipton 😂 but now he certainly isn't. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Major 0-5 foxhole 

We rid our luck in the 1st 20 mins. Major the better side and yes, tbh SHOULD have had 2 pens in the 1st half. I won’t slate a ref, but I feel he was well out of depth today in such a big game. 
we scored a goal against the run of play, benno capitalised on a error from the home keeper. 
I felt 5-0 flattered us today but goals win games annd we defended well, angel Coates was absolutely unreal today and by far the MOTM a good game ruined by a few bad decisions. 

But a win 🦊🖤🤍
 

foxhole goals, benno 4 and a rare one from myself. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, LeeRicks9 said:

Major 0-5 foxhole 

We rid our luck in the 1st 20 mins. Major the better side and yes, tbh SHOULD have had 2 pens in the 1st half. I won’t slate a ref, but I feel he was well out of depth today in such a big game. 
we scored a goal against the run of play, benno capitalised on a error from the home keeper. 
I felt 5-0 flattered us today but goals win games annd we defended well, angel Coates was absolutely unreal today and by far the MOTM a good game ruined by a few bad decisions. 

But a win 🦊🖤🤍
 

foxhole goals, benno 4 and a rare one from myself. 

Yeah tbh I don’t mean to be so harsh on bob as end of the day games don’t go ahead without him. I just feel (like you) he was way out of his depth at this sort of level. Great game and the difference was foxhole being slicker and more clinical in the final 3rd. Foxhole gonna take some stopping ! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rjw87 said:

St Columb Maj 0-5 Foxhole Stars FT. 

A very good contest for about 60 mins, but in the end best side won. St Columb probably should have had at least 3 penalties, but the ref never kept up with play all game. I can't believe the ecpl appointed a 80 year old for a big game like this 😂

Problem is, once the other league above have taken the referees they need that is what you have left now. Too many decent referees are leaving the game because of the abuse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, bighairydave said:

Problem is, once the other league above have taken the referees they need that is what you have left now. Too many decent referees are leaving the game because of the abuse.

There wouldn’t be abuse if refs could hear and make decisions without his special on his head 

Hat

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Rjw87 said:

St Columb Maj 0-5 Foxhole Stars FT. 

A very good contest for about 60 mins, but in the end best side won. St Columb probably should have had at least 3 penalties, but the ref never kept up with play all game. I can't believe the ecpl appointed a 80 year old for a big game like this 😂

And the team cant keep a clean sheet and got smashed 5-0. Going to call the keeper out aswell?Maybe the centre back for the mistake leading up to the 3rd goal?or shall we just stick to pretty much blaming the ref for not giving 'at least 3 penalties' and for being a certain age?with a scoreline like that I'd bet my money that St columb had a few oldeies in the team

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BrummyBarry said:

And the team cant keep a clean sheet and got smashed 5-0. Going to call the keeper out aswell?Maybe the centre back for the mistake leading up to the 3rd goal?or shall we just stick to pretty much blaming the ref for not giving 'at least 3 penalties' and for being a certain age?with a scoreline like that I'd bet my money that St columb had a few oldeies in the team

 

And if the ref gave 2 early stone wall penalties it could of been a different outcome. Nice bloke, but not good enough for that standard. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Rjw87 said:

And if the ref gave 2 early stone wall penalties it could of been a different outcome. Nice bloke, but not good enough for that standard. 

It was 3 Stone wall pens earlier. Your rants always seem to lean very one sided. Think you need to just accept the fact your team ain’t as good as you seem to think. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Benno_JB13 said:

It was 3 Stone wall pens earlier. Your rants always seem to lean very one sided. Think you need to just accept the fact your team ain’t as good as you seem to think. 

Really ?? Read above mate 😂 I said foxhole were the better side. St Columb are a decent side and will match anyone on their day! Today was a close game until the last 30 mins. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Rjw87 said:

Really ?? Read above mate 😂 I said foxhole were the better side. St Columb are a decent side and will match anyone on their day! Today was a close game until the last 30 mins. 

Was 2-0 half time pal. Half time team talk was to turn the oven off because your goose was cooked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, StarMan42 said:

Was 2-0 half time pal. Half time team talk was to turn the oven off because your goose was cooked.

Goalkeeper error 1st goal. A foul led up to the 2nd. St Columb in my opinion better side in the 1st half. 2nd half they didn’t come out fighting and got rolled over by the foxhole striker, he was the difference between the 2 sides 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Rjw87 said:

Goalkeeper error 1st goal. A foul led up to the 2nd. St Columb in my opinion better side in the 1st half. 2nd half they didn’t come out fighting and got rolled over by the foxhole striker, he was the difference between the 2 sides 👍

😂😂😂😂

you’re class. Close game today, great for the spectator

Link to comment
Share on other sites

St Minver 2v1 St Blazey Res. Att.30. 

First visit to Trewint playing fields. Nice little set up. No one taking money to watch. 10 St Blazey supporters making the trip to the North Coast. 

St Blazey ahead with a penalty. St Minver equalised before half time. Fairly even first half. 

One of the smallest tea huts I've ever seen, but great service, well stocked and the hot dog and bovril helped to keep warm. 

St Blazey struggled in the second half. St Minver had the better chances and nicked it late on. St Blazey scored in the dying seconds but it was ruled out for offside. 

Not great highlights but a bit to watch. 

On the matter of players calling up late to not play, players have all week to comfirm if their available. To cry off at 12pm is very poor and just letting everyone down. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, JonColenzo said:

Just out of interest what do you get for a H/W these days, apart from no money in the teahut / bar and a load of wasted food?

Hi Jon 

I can only apologise for yesterday believe me calling it off is the last thing I wanted to do,we haven't played since November and I tried several people but had no luck,if I turned with 8 or 9 players and no linesman it would of cost me the rest of the players for the season as I don't think anyone would turn up again as it would of been a 20 -0 stuffing.

I hope u can see it from my point of view as I can see it from urs and fully understand the disappointment of lost revenue on match days and  from the lads as they have missed out on an afternoon of football.

If u can convince the league to not fine my club and take back the home walk over I'm more then happy to play the fixture at Ur ground under lights midweek so u guys can get the lost earnings back and no doubt boost Ur goals tally mate.

Sorry once again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wadebridge 0 - 4 Torpoint ATh

Torpoint goalscorers - Clarke, WhiteJ, Easterbrook, Ferguson. 

Lineup: Jackson, Bark, WhiteJ, Pearce, Hussey, Brown, Robbins, Northcott, Easterbrook, Ferguson, Clarke.

Subs: WestallC, Burns, Rowe, Bartolini, Bays.

A whopping 10 weeks without a game for us and it was evident in our rusty play. During that period we frustratingly had 4 postponements in total. With Wadebridge somehow having played 3 games already this month, there was a slight advantage in terms of match fitness and sharpness, but it made little difference.

We came out the blocks quite quickly, and a Robbins corner was only half cleared and WhiteJ did excellently to win the ball back and feed back out wide to Robbins who crossed for Easterbrook to flick on towards Ed Clarke to score his 7th of the season. A welcome comeback for the 16yr old after breaking his ankle in the first weekend of October. But unfortunately it was short lived as the same ankle was causing some issues and he hobbled off after 12mins. 

The next 30mins saw no goals, with the rustiness evident and a bobbly surface in places causing a few mistakes. Ferguson looked dangerous all half though and a one on one from the right hand side saw him drive into the box for the goalkeeper to save. Hussey and Robbins both had well placed free kicks go amiss, with the latter only whiskers away of the keeper's right hand post. On 42mins another corner was the root of Wadebridge's demise. This time from Hussey on the other side went all the way through the 6yd box for WhiteJ ghosting in at the back post. Minutes later we added our 3rd. Will Burns won an excellent tackle in midfield which broke to WestallC up front, who laid through a well weighted pass to Ferguson, again driving into the box at speed, unselfishly squaring to Easterbrook for the easier finish right before half time.

Our 4th goal around 53mins was probably the best team goal I've seen us score all season. Starting with Bark in our own third, he worked the ball to WestallC while carrying on his run, Brown lofted the ball into both Bark and Ferguson's path who drove into the box. A low pass into the box by Bark to Easterbrook was turned around the corner for Ferguson to side foot into the net. A great goal to watch and a deserved goal for Ferguson for his threat throughout. 

Very little happened from then on to my memory, I do recall us not having enough efforts or impetus. WestallC did get slid in whose low shot was well saved. Very late in the game, Wadebridge were handed a sympathy penalty following 2 corners. The first was cleared and out for a second delivery. Between the two, a home player asked the ref to keep on eye on me for pushing. Corner comes in, our keeper is fouled but does well to punch clear and it ends up out for a goal kick. All players start to get back upfield into shape. No appeals. The referee has pointed to the spot for a push so both teams assumed it was on our keeper which was clearly spotted based on the body language. But no. Wadebridge use Veo and watching it back I am still confused, as were players from both teams. But fortunately for us, the home taker dragged his spot kick wide to keep Jackson's clean sheet in tact.

Onto next week where we hope St Dennis can recover their numbers to travel to us for the first time in years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, davegrose said:

Hi Jon 

I can only apologise for yesterday believe me calling it off is the last thing I wanted to do,we haven't played since November and I tried several people but had no luck,if I turned with 8 or 9 players and no linesman it would of cost me the rest of the players for the season as I don't think anyone would turn up again as it would of been a 20 -0 stuffing.

I hope u can see it from my point of view as I can see it from urs and fully understand the disappointment of lost revenue on match days and  from the lads as they have missed out on an afternoon of football.

If u can convince the league to not fine my club and take back the home walk over I'm more then happy to play the fixture at Ur ground under lights midweek so u guys can get the lost earnings back and no doubt boost Ur goals tally mate.

Sorry once again.

Apology accepted mate, not your fault at all, your team have let you down, an earlier call than 12:15 would have been appreciated so we could have gone and supported our first team down at Mullion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, JonColenzo said:

Apology accepted mate, not your fault at all, your team have let you down, an earlier call than 12:15 would have been appreciated so we could have gone and supported our first team down at Mullion.

I tried to get more players in as at 12 pm I was let down mate

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Dave Deacon changed the title to Combellack Vehicle Recyclers ECPL Results Saturday 28th January 2023

We may mock Bob but there are reasons around why he has to wear the hat all of the time (maybe a black one would be better).

 

Looking on the Duchy site last night, it appears they have not one single referee this weekend, a dire situation I am sure all agree and this will Only be a matter of time before it will hit ECPL too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bighairydave said:

We may mock Bob but there are reasons around why he has to wear the hat all of the time (maybe a black one would be better).

 

Looking on the Duchy site last night, it appears they have not one single referee this weekend, a dire situation I am sure all agree and this will Only be a matter of time before it will hit ECPL too.

And yet we regularly see negative comments like "we shouldn't get refs like this at this level"
Unfortunately the level isn't what it once was, or what people seem to believe it still is. So we get new refs. Respect them and deal with it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

And yet we regularly see negative comments like "we shouldn't get refs like this at this level"
Unfortunately the level isn't what it once was, or what people seem to believe it still is. So we get new refs. Respect them and deal with it.

I think it would of been better too appoint a ref who could actually run and keep with up with play at the very least though 😂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I seem to remember a few years ago quite a few younger refs came on the scene and some were marked high enough to get promoted very quickly. Unfortunately the better refs just get promoted and lost to local football in Cornwall. I'm also aware of one very good ref who got promoted but now officiates very little because the extra travel was unwanted. Do we currently have any young refs coming through? It's inevitable that refs will be lost due to age.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Rjw87 said:

I think it would of been better too appoint a ref who could actually run and keep with up with play at the very least though 😂 

Alright Kipchoge I bet your fitness levels are superb! At his age he’s still putting back into the game you love so you can criticise with every one of your forum posts. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 29/01/2023 at 17:16, Dave Deacon said:

Out of interest Dave - have you lost any players this season due to putting them on the subs bench?

No Dave we have several players signed on but some can't make it as their work patterns have changed or they have taken on more work,some r in the forces n can play as n when they're in the country which isn't that often and others have decided to disappear n not reply to any MSG's or calls a couple other lads have left for other teams one young player being Joe Munday he left to play for Bodmin in the swpl n is doing very well which is good to see and obviously Jacob Rowe's gone to wadebridge n then signed to nanpean when he isn't on for the bridgers both players are a massive loss to us but wot can u do?? We're open to giving players a chance at ecpl football if they want it,we charge players zero ££ on match days whereas other teams charge subs we have decent facilities,flood lights a really decent pair of coaches that give their all in trying to improve players of all abilities and we get new kits every couple of seasons along with track suits n warm up kits etc,so if there's anything there that doesn't appeal to players then I'm dumbfounded.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, davegrose said:

No Dave we have several players signed on but some can't make it as their work patterns have changed or they have taken on more work,some r in the forces n can play as n when they're in the country which isn't that often and others have decided to disappear n not reply to any MSG's or calls a couple other lads have left for other teams one young player being Joe Munday he left to play for Bodmin in the swpl n is doing very well which is good to see and obviously Jacob Rowe's gone to wadebridge n then signed to nanpean when he isn't on for the bridgers both players are a massive loss to us but wot can u do?? We're open to giving players a chance at ecpl football if they want it,we charge players zero ££ on match days whereas other teams charge subs we have decent facilities,flood lights a really decent pair of coaches that give their all in trying to improve players of all abilities and we get new kits every couple of seasons along with track suits n warm up kits etc,so if there's anything there that doesn't appeal to players then I'm dumbfounded.

Just a sad sign of the times Dave. They’ll complain when it’s gone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...