Cornwall Football Forum

Applicants for St Piran 2023-24

With the deadline now passed for applications for promotion to the League for 2023-24 season to be received I can confirm that the following clubs have applied for promotion to the St Piran League at the conclusion of the 2022-23 season.

ECPL

Liskeard Reserves

North Petherwin

St Columb Major

Combination League

Pendeen Rovers

St Ives Town

St Just

For any club that is unsuccessful in their bid for promotion to St Piran by League position, their promotion application will be considered to be an application to fill a vacancy should any exist once normal promotion and relegation matters have been settled.

Edited by Steve Carpenter

31 minutes ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

What are the requirements Steve? Imagine there's a little bit of work to do for some if there is. 

They run to about 6 pages in the current version of the document but we're waiting on the latest version from the FA.  It sounds a lot and clubs may find some aspects challenging plus, as we all know, even the comparatively small jobs can be expensive to complete.  We'll be carrying out grading visits soon so that clubs can get everything in place.

20 hours ago, Steve Carpenter said:
ECPL

Liskeard Reserves

North Petherwin

St Columb Major

Would be great to have Liskeard back in the League, they'll continue to go from strength to strength this season. Hopefully North Petherwin and St Columb can meet the grading, the East needs more teams!

You'd hope over the coming seasons that Wadebridge, Newquay, St Blazey, St Dennis all form squads that can compete in a Step7 League. Foxhole would be a good addition as well, a shame they haven't applied this year with how competitive they are in the ECPL.

On 17/01/2023 at 13:21, Steve Carpenter said:
With the deadline now passed for applications for promotion to the League for 2023-24 season to be received I can confirm that the following clubs have applied for promotion to the St Piran League at the conclusion of the 2022-23 season.

ECPL

Liskeard Reserves

North Petherwin

St Columb Major

Combination League

Pendeen Rovers

St Ives Town

St Just

For any club that is unsuccessful in their bid for promotion to St Piran by League position, their promotion application will be considered to be an application to fill a vacancy should any exist once normal promotion and relegation matters have been settled.

Have St. Ives sorted out their pitch yet? Last season it was by far the worst in the St Piran West, dangerously bad even.

On 17/01/2023 at 15:30, Byron10 said:

Liskeards pitch is the only one from the ECPL that should even be considered. Jesus Christ 

To be fair big boy seen you at major this year how you play the level you do is considered the same 

Seems a team is considered not good enough on everything else other then on the pitch which is odd 

foxhole won’t need to apply as they’ll win the league  or at minimum finish second in the ecpl they also are a cracking bunch of boys and have a decent set up 

Byron 10 is upset because he plays for a third team so most games in winter get called off cause they use one pitch meaning they have mostly home games towards the end of the season and 1st and second team players to use no wonder they did well last year 🙈

15 hours ago, Hawks91 said:

foxhole won’t need to apply as they’ll win the league  or at minimum finish second in the ecpl they also are a cracking bunch of boys and have a decent set up 

Byron 10 is upset because he plays for a third team so most games in winter get called off cause they use one pitch meaning they have mostly home games towards the end of the season and 1st and second team players to use no wonder they did well last year 🙈

Foxhole would've needed to apply to go up just like everyone else, but they have chosen not to as they want to stay in the ECPL.

Across the whole league in December and January so far only 15 fixtures have taken place so we've all had home games postponed. We have played at home more recently than you too. Dunno why I'm biting at that one.

Have you actually looked at last year? Or just guessing? In a 31 game season we had 5 senior players on 6 appearances total. Not much to moan at. We had far more appearances from 3rd team players playing up and no one moans when we turn up to games without them. Same will happen again this weekend too. It's how a good club with 2+ teams would run.

Torpoint Athletic 3rd Team | Combellack Vehicle Recyclers East Cornwall Premier League (thefa.com)

10 hours ago, St George said:

Getting a bit tasty on here! Glad to see the previous comment from Byron10 was taken down but I’’m def making my way down to St Columb for the fireworks that the cup semi vs Torpoint looks likely to produce….

Removed it myself because I refuse to bite at a team who have pop up tents for dugs outs so that’ll do from me on the topic. All the best with your application 👍 

On 17/01/2023 at 16:07, Steve Carpenter said:

They run to about 6 pages in the current version of the document but we're waiting on the latest version from the FA.  It sounds a lot and clubs may find some aspects challenging plus, as we all know, even the comparatively small jobs can be expensive to complete.  We'll be carrying out grading visits soon so that clubs can get everything in place.

When will clubs find out what's required Steve and how long to put it in place?