Cornwall Football Forum

Applicants for St Piran 2023-24

3 hours ago, davegrose said:

Out of interest Steve who made that rule up of needing 4 shower heads as opposed to 3? Surely any shower is better than no shower and if people can't wait an extra 5 mins for a shower then they shud push a brush around the changing rooms whilst waiting to break up the wait lol.

It was mentioned by finesman10 earlier in the thread.  As John Mead says above, it's 3 at Feeder League level.

• 1 month later...

What position must the combo teams finish to gain promotion? Or does it matter now with the merging of the St Piran’s, combo and Trelawny? Also, when will teams know where they will be playing their football next season? PZ reserves shared something about them essentially getting promotion to SPL div 2 after finishing 4th in Trelawny 1. If they have this information is there more news out there? TIA.

1 hour ago, Bantona said:

What position must the combo teams finish to gain promotion? Or does it matter now with the merging of the St Piran’s, combo and Trelawny? Also, when will teams know where they will be playing their football next season? PZ reserves shared something about them essentially getting promotion to SPL div 2 after finishing 4th in Trelawny 1. If they have this information is there more news out there? TIA.

Teams must finish in the top 4 for promotion, top 5 if a reserve side that can't be promoted is in the top 5.

Not sure where PZ have got there info as nothing is out yet and divisional make ups are only now being looked at as final positions become known.

1 hour ago, Steve Carpenter said:

Teams must finish in the top 4 for promotion, top 5 if a reserve side that can't be promoted is in the top 5.

Not sure where PZ have got there info as nothing is out yet and divisional make ups are only now being looked at as final positions become known.

Thanks Steve. To be fair, their statement wasn’t definite:

The point, from their final league fixture of the season, secures for Penzance Reserves a fourth place finish that will probably deliver a slot in Division Two West of the expanded St Piran League for next season. This represents promotion – a worthy achievement in Lee Major and Darren Smith’s first season as managers. And there is still plenty to play for this season with progression to the quarter-finals of the Percy Stephens Cup still a possibility.

So, we won’t know anything definite until the season is over for every league? Handy to know asap for arranging preseason friendlies. 

1 hour ago, Bantona said:

Thanks Steve. To be fair, their statement wasn’t definite:

The point, from their final league fixture of the season, secures for Penzance Reserves a fourth place finish that will probably deliver a slot in Division Two West of the expanded St Piran League for next season. This represents promotion – a worthy achievement in Lee Major and Darren Smith’s first season as managers. And there is still plenty to play for this season with progression to the quarter-finals of the Percy Stephens Cup still a possibility.

So, we won’t know anything definite until the season is over for every league? Handy to know asap for arranging preseason friendlies. 

It'll be done as early as we can and like I say it's started to be looked at now.  One thing I will say is that it'll be a bit messier in the west than the east purely because of the Trelawny division sizes.

54 minutes ago, Steve Carpenter said:

It'll be done as early as we can and like I say it's started to be looked at now.  One thing I will say is that it'll be a bit messier in the west than the east purely because of the Trelawny division sizes.

Thanks Steve. I don’t envy you at the moment. Massive job I’m sure. Thanks for getting back to me. Hopefully once the new setup is in place everything will stay settled bar the standard promotion and relegation and no clubs or sides will have to fold- that’s the main thing. Nice to see so many clubs developing their facilities in recent seasons. Surfaces nowadays are far better than even five years ago let alone 10/20 years ago. 

Not me that wrote that but heard that the FA want 5 divisions East and 5 West. 16, 16, 14, 14, 14 sides per Div. 

It is almost obvious how to sort it.

Currently St Piran West 14 sides. One up to SWPL. Leaves 13. 3 sides from Combo applied for promotion to St Piran. Let them all go up to make up the 16.

Leaves 10 in Combo. Add top six from Trelawny Premier to make up the second division of 16 teams.

Leaves 4 in Trelawny Premier to add to current Trelawny One making up the first division of 14. 

Currently Trelawny 2, 3, 4 have 29 sides between them. Move one side to East and make up the other two divisions of 14. 

Not rocket science. 

3 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Agree with you not rocket science - that is apart from when not all sides want to go up!

Apart from the three from the Combo and one from the St Piran, the rest will not really be being promoted. On paper yes, but actually?

This group staging of the PSC has shown that the difference between Trelawny One and Four is nearly nothing. So many lower placed sides have either beaten higher placed  sides or put up a hell of a fight. Been an eye opener. 

2 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

This group staging of the PSC has shown that the difference between Trelawny One and Four is nearly nothing. So many lower placed sides have either beaten higher placed  sides or put up a hell of a fight. Been an eye opener. 

Pity about the walkovers! 

8 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Not me that wrote that but heard that the FA want 5 divisions East and 5 West. 16, 16, 14, 14, 14 sides per Div. 

Currently St Piran West 14 sides. One up to SWPL. Leaves 13. 3 sides from Combo applied for promotion to St Piran. Let them all go up to make up the 16.

Leaves 10 in Combo. Add top six from Trelawny Premier to make up the second division of 16 teams.

Leaves 4 in Trelawny Premier to add to current Trelawny One making up the first division of 14. 

Currently Trelawny 2, 3, 4 have 29 sides between them. Move one side to East and make up the other two divisions of 14. 

Not rocket science. 

Who do you suggest moves East? That’s a lot of travelling and something that the league said they would never force on any club in Division 1 down.

11 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Not rocket science. 

I suppose it’s not rocket science CTB but who will be just willing to go east? Won’t be long now until we find out wasson. 🤞

Having received the draft rules this week which are subject to clarification by FA.The 5 leagues 16,16,14,14,14 wouldn’t at present force anyone to move East with the bottom two teams of Division 4 only being invited to seek re-election if places exist.There would though be a major reshuffling in the West with teams moving up to condense the existing 6 leagues in to 5.The current TrelawneyPrem and Div1(which would become St Pirans 2/3 or equivalent) would see the most change based on current league standings with both these St Pirans Divisions then having a good mixture of three existing Trelawney leagues.

Personally I think the changes are definately a move forward,it may take 3 or 4 seasons for teams to properly find their levels but should help sustain clubs that are progressive and correctly run and stop so many folding/starting up again as well as the stopping of dual/treble signing.Hats off to those who are trying to put this I place it can’t be an easy task!

15 hours ago, bighairydave said:

Who do you suggest moves East? That’s a lot of travelling and something that the league said they would never force on any club in Division 1 down.

47 minutes ago, FootballChat said:

Tregony/Probus

Just to reiterate, NO club/team below the Premier Divisions will be forced to move between the East and West sections.  If they want to move and it can be accommodated then fine.  At Premier Division level a club/team will only have a move across enforced if that is necessary to achieve the minimum numbers of 14 at the start of the season.  A minimum of 14 is an FA requirement for Feeder League status.  This particular rule is not new and would/could only realistically apply to a very small number of clubs.