WEST

Falmouth Town Res        8-0         St Ives Town

Illogan RBL                        2-1         Wendron United Reserves

Ludgvan                            0-6         St Day

Mullion                             4-1         Hayle

Porthleven                       0-1         Mousehole Development

Redruth United               1-3         Truro City Reserves

St Agnes                            1-1         Perranwell

• Dave Deacon changed the title to FIXTURES & RESULTS for the week 29th March to 2nd April 2022
12 minutes ago, LeeRicks9 said:

Aching. On what was a rock hard pitch. Dom a great outfit. ALOT of good players was nice to see some old faces. Good luck for the remainder of the season 

Fully agree with that Lee,st Dominic top of the league for a reason,out played from the start and that's why they r where they r, decent bunch of lads too,good luck st Dom for the remainder of your season.

Went along to watch Saltash vs Bude last night.

Good competitive game but the young lads at Saltash just edged it 2-1 thanks to a penalty. 
The referee spotted something off the ball apparently, I still don’t know what it was.

Overall I thought the ref was ok but was a bit keen with the sin bins, could do with some thicker skin!

1 minute ago, FootballChat said:

Went along to watch Saltash vs Bude last night.

Good competitive game but the young lads at Saltash just edged it 2-1 thanks to a penalty. 
The referee spotted something off the ball apparently, I still don’t know what it was.

Overall I thought the ref was ok but was a bit keen with the sin bins, could do with some thicker skin!

Why should they have thicker skin? Players should have thinner tongues. Simple. 

2 hours ago, BrummyBarry said:

Why should they have thicker skin? Players should have thinner tongues. Simple. 

It is unrealistic to expect there to be absolutely no disagreement in a game of football. 

There’s a fine line between frustration and dissent, the top local referees know when to manage this and when to sanction it. 

The referee last night was excellent in many areas but, just my opinion, needs to find a better balance of things when it comes to managing players.

22 hours ago, The Badger said:

What is the latest with Saltash 2s & 3s, still the same sides finishing the season? see the 3rd team results have picked up

Yes, looks like the majority of the players have decided to stick it out for the remainder of the season. Both teams currently in good form. I wonder what will happen next season with all these players, Saltash's loss will be other teams gains 

3 hours ago, Massive88 said:

Callington vs St Dominic is off as home side can’t raise a side!!

Unfortunately Callington are the latest of our sides to encounter mounting difficulties on a number of fronts.  They approached the league on Thursday evening and requested a break from fixtures in an attempt to resolve their problems.  Although not ideal given the time of the season their request, in line with decisions made for other clubs in similar situations, was granted yesterday and their next 3 fixtures (including today's) have been rearranged.

I'm sure everyone will share the league's hope that they can regroup and complete the season.

Illogan 2 Wendron United Reserves 1

Bit of a squeaky 3 pointer for Illogan. Looking at the league table one might have expected Illogan to win comfortably but perhaps it is a compliment to the league that the game was as close as it turned.out. A worldy by Barry Wyatt in added-on time kept the win for Illogan as Wendron put all 1 players into the box for a corner. The save alone was worth the entry money! Wendron, down the slope, took a 5th minute lead as a route 1 ball caused a defensive cockerel-up in the home defence leaving a 1 on 1 which the Wendron lad converted. Some wild shooting and a couple of good saves at either end filled in the next 10 minutes before a cross from the right, driven hard, was turned in from fairly close range at 16 minutes for the equaliser which, judging by their response, the Illogan lads thought they deserved. All square at half-time (another hot choc to add to the pre-match one - it was very cold!) and, now shooting down-hill, Illogan scored in the 5th minute of the half for what the home crowd thought was going to be the first of many. However, Wendron dug in and took the game to Illogan who seemed content - or were they forced? - to sit deep and defend, with not too many threats on the Wendron goal. Yes, the visiting 'keeper had some saves to make but the lion's share of the chances fell to Wendron who tended to shoot inaccurately. Wendron really were pressing for the equaliser and Illogan really wee hanging on at the end. Cue that brilliant save, down hard to his left by Wyatt until with 50 minutes on the clock the ref blew for time. Wendron had got the ball in the net earlier on, a strike worthy of Maradonna himself (i.e. handled into the net for which the player received a yellow card).

Old fart entry price just a quid, the hot chocs a pound each, plenty of banter in the stand (usual Last of the Summer Wine suspects) all adding up to a decent enough afternoon.

• Dave Deacon changed the title to All the RESULTS for the week 29th March to 2nd April 2022
1 hour ago, Tom Trust said:

Bit of a squeaky 3 pointer for Illogan. Looking at the league table one might have expected Illogan to win comfortably but perhaps it is a compliment to the league that the game was as close as it turned.out. A worldy by Barry Wyatt in added-on time kept the win for Illogan as Wendron put all 1 players into the box for a corner. The save alone was worth the entry money! Wendron, down the slope, took a 5th minute lead as a route 1 ball caused a defensive cockerel-up in the home defence leaving a 1 on 1 which the Wendron lad converted. Some wild shooting and a couple of good saves at either end filled in the next 10 minutes before a cross from the right, driven hard, was turned in from fairly close range at 16 minutes for the equaliser which, judging by their response, the Illogan lads thought they deserved. All square at half-time (another hot choc to add to the pre-match one - it was very cold!) and, now shooting down-hill, Illogan scored in the 5th minute of the half for what the home crowd thought was going to be the first of many. However, Wendron dug in and took the game to Illogan who seemed content - or were they forced? - to sit deep and defend, with not too many threats on the Wendron goal. Yes, the visiting 'keeper had some saves to make but the lion's share of the chances fell to Wendron who tended to shoot inaccurately. Wendron really were pressing for the equaliser and Illogan really wee hanging on at the end. Cue that brilliant save, down hard to his left by Wyatt until with 50 minutes on the clock the ref blew for time. Wendron had got the ball in the net earlier on, a strike worthy of Maradonna himself (i.e. handled into the net for which the player received a yellow card).

Old fart entry price just a quid, the hot chocs a pound each, plenty of banter in the stand (usual Last of the Summer Wine suspects) all adding up to a decent enough afternoon.

So just like Tom Trust i made my way to my old stomping ground, Illogan - Oxland Park

Was looking forward to seeing some old friends, and teammates play some football.

Wendron who have been rather entertaining lately i didn't realise it was their second eleven so was a little surprised when i had watched them to what i thought was match Illogan for a majority of the 90.

Tyler Oliver was ever present for Wendron, and what Steve Abbot-smith didn't do with the ball he matched methodically with his harassing of Danger man Oliver for Wendron FC.

Wendron took the lead on what i would say was the 7th minute, thanks to a mix up, at the back for Illogan.

Referee was very sporadic making very strange decisions, And couldn't Really explain.

Illogan must of felt relieved when they grabbed an Equaliser, 15/20 mins before half time. Dominic Batchelor, poaching on a shot from an Illogan player from 20 yards out and Batchelor tapping in from 2 yards out.

HALF TIME

Now the second half wasn't great and as a spectator, it was Very frustrating, But Ashley smeeth seen a header parried, by Wendron keeper, straight back into his path, to then dummy and slot home 5 minutes into the second half. And then it was like watching paint dry, and until the last attack of the game did anything happen, when Barry John Wyatt in goal pulled off a phenomenal save to keep the score 2-1 Illogan. 

End of the day 3 points is 3 points.

Illogan with the Win.

84067573-90ED-4021-B0F8-3D6BD779753A.jpeg

On 02/04/2022 at 18:23, Tom Trust said:

In all the years of watching Last of the Summer Wine, I cannot recall ever seeing any references to football (even though Huddersfield appears to be their local big town.)