Cornwall Football Forum

VIDEO HIGHGHTS of HELSTON ATHLETIC v STREET FC

Piran

That has to be 2 of the worse penalty decision I have seen in a long time. 
The first one was a ridiculous dive I don’t understand how the ref or linesman hasn’t seen it.  And the 2nd is just shoulder to shoulder strength from the defender  and tucker falls over. Street must be absolutely fuming watching that. 
if that was the other way round Massey and bowker would be all over social media ripping the officials to bits. 
very very lucky win. 

Just watched it.. 1st one a shocking dive and should be a booking(although refs position may have been obscured) 

2nd one was less clear cut..... 1st angle I thought it was another blatant dive... But the 2nd angle showed an arm across Tuckers neck so I'm inclined to say that was a penalty. 

Why Bowker is ever left on the bench is beyond me as he shows(albeit on a highlight video) that he is the team's talisman

54 minutes ago, Footy follower said:

Just watched it.. 1st one a shocking dive and should be a booking(although refs position may have been obscured) 

2nd one was less clear cut..... 1st angle I thought it was another blatant dive... But the 2nd angle showed an arm across Tuckers neck so I'm inclined to say that was a penalty. 

Why Bowker is ever left on the bench is beyond me as he shows(albeit on a highlight video) that he is the team's talisman

Have to agree that the first one was no way a penalty while the second was a bit more of a block by the Street defender.

As for Bowks and being left on the bench - he has in fact started 15 of the 20 Helston games, only being a sub on 5 occasions and so not a bad record. Ryan Turner seems to be the most favoured forward - 19 starts and 1 sub.

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

That has to be 2 of the worse penalty decision I have seen in a long time. 
The first one was a ridiculous dive I don’t understand how the ref or linesman hasn’t seen it.  And the 2nd is just shoulder to shoulder strength from the defender  and tucker falls over. Street must be absolutely fuming watching that. 
if that was the other way round Massey and bowker would be all over social media ripping the officials to bits. 
very very lucky win. 

I have to agree here. I was at the game yesterday, but refrained from commenting on the penalty decisions until I'd seen the highlights. I didn't have the best view, with both 'fouls' happening on the other side of the box from the clubhouse side. The first one is a very clear dive. You'd be embarrassed to watch that back and see it on social media. The second one is not as straightforward. However, I still believe it wasn't a penalty. I'd liked to have seen another view of the challenge that happened a split second before the final whistle. It has to be said, Street weren't very happy at all there. Could that have been a foul? The refereeing performance wasn't the best today. Going by his interview afterwards, Steve Massey knew it as well. A lucky win going by the score and the two very dubious penalty awards. However, Helston were definitely the better footballing side. They just didn't have enough quality on the day to break through!

1 hour ago, Footy follower said:

Stuart Bowker is definitely the vocal point of the team. He's very much improved over recent seasons I think. A very good player, who could comfortably play a division or two higher. When he's on it, he'd be an absolute nightmare to defend against. If there was one criticism, he perhaps tries too hard sometimes. It's the same for some of the other big players there too. They need to take the pressure off of themselves a bit. They could play even better if they just relax and express themselves a bit more. Although I do recognise it's much easier to say that when you're just a spectator on the touchline!

4 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Have to agree that the first one was no way a penalty while the second was a bit more of a block by the Street defender.

As for Bowks and being left on the bench - he has in fact started 15 of the 20 Helston games, only being a sub on 5 occasions and so not a bad record. Ryan Turner seems to be the most favoured forward - 19 starts and 1 sub.

That's still a 1/4 of the games on the bench for a player bang in form

6 hours ago, Footy follower said:

The first was a clear embarrassing dive by the winger,  you seem to think the 2nd was possibley a pen, I'd have to disagree. The defender is twice the size of the winger both ran for the ball where else was him arm suppose to go? It wasn't blatent it was just a coming together and because the winger is a lot shorter the arm just happens to be positioned by his head, not blatent... And he went down again in an embarrassing fashion. 

Just remember Helston moaned about officials not so long ago. 

Stu bowker has to be first name on team sheet, veal hasn't hit the heights as expected that signing on fee getting to him haha has that lad from Newquay even done much besides a few step overs? 

Although the way they won the game, looking at the highlights it did look like they deserved the win. Although at HT you said they could of found themselves 2 nil Down yet didn't show any streets chances 1st half, so just wondering if they are edited to make Helston look on top. 

43 minutes ago, Southwest football fan said:

The first was a clear embarrassing dive by the winger,  you seem to think the 2nd was possibley a pen, I'd have to disagree. The defender is twice the size of the winger both ran for the ball where else was him arm suppose to go? It wasn't blatent it was just a coming together and because the winger is a lot shorter the arm just happens to be positioned by his head, not blatent... And he went down again in an embarrassing fashion. 

Stu bowker has to be first name on team sheet, veal hasn't hit the heights as expected that signing on fee getting to him haha has that lad from Newquay even done much besides a few step overs? 

Although the way they won the game, looking at the highlights it did look like they deserved the win. Although at HT you said they could of found themselves 2 nil Down yet didn't show any streets chances 1st half, so just wondering if they are edited to make Helston look on top. 

I did my best to be fair as always. No clear chances for Street in first half. The could have gone 2 up in second.

46 minutes ago, Southwest football fan said:

I would never do that. Helston we’re on top. Street has a couple of break away chances in second half.

1 hour ago, le boss said:

Perhaps he wasn't bang in form for all of those games.

Or hasn't got 90 mins in him

8 hours ago, Piran said:

Another game which could have gone either way. I hope you enjoy these highlights. Tom Howe and Gareth Davies are the commentators.

https://youtu.be/TdRdXL8RHz0

Steve Massey's post match interview with Gareth

My Post-282.jpg

Another unfortunate title headline piran as it was far from easy and a little demeaning for the opposition .

That Orlando lad thinks he ronaldo. If you look at his Twitter page he got plenty of self promoted videos of his step overs. Who even does that 😂  

i think he find the sort of defenders he try’s that with in this league will cut him in half. Might struggle  to be fair wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up back at Newquay 

5 hours ago, Southwest football fan said:

Watched the game and Bowker was outstanding. Helston not much without Bowker or Tucker. Hope for Helston they avoid injury.

The Helston bench knew they had got away with one yesterday with those pens. They were very vocal yesterday, especially when they went one behind. All part of the game these days to try to intimidate the officials. In this case it clearly worked!

Had to laugh when they were moaning all half about the Lino in front of them not making decisions but didn't say a word when he didn't intervene on the penalty decisions which happened right in front of him. Asked the lino what he thought after the 1st one and he just puffed out his cheeks! Ref never asked his opinion though on either decision.

4 hours ago, mattelot said:

Another unfortunate title headline piran as it was far from easy and a little demeaning for the opposition .

The question mark after "easy street" gives the meaning to the headline.

Asking a question,  or tongue in cheek,  it's for the reader to decide.

Simply a play on words.

As for the first penalty, referee slightly un-sighted I would think so from where he was could have easily looked like a penalty...but blatant cheating in anyone's book...sad reflection of today's football. 

Second penalty from where the referee was would have been a stonewall penalty,  but the fella was certainly looking to go over again...oh! dear.

Helston easily the better side and on another day would have won comfortably without the cheating.

6 hours ago, Piran said:

I did my best to be fair as always. No clear chances for Street in first half. The could have gone 2 up in second.

I would never do that. Helston we’re on top. Street has a couple of break away chances in second half.

Mark, I thought the save that Cory Harvey made in the first half was decent. Or so it looked at the time. It was the one where the Street striker ran in on the left hand side, struck it with his left foot, aiming to put it across the keeper in to the far corner. However, Cory saved well with his feet. For what it's worth, I enjoy watching such high quality highlights every weekend. It's something you rarely get at this level. It's very helpful for those who struggle to attend games, like myself. It also helps keep in touch with how the club are doing!

7 hours ago, Box 2 Box said:

Be interesting to post the full game up on you tube,  and let people make their own judgements …

Experience tells me that you wouldn’t get many takers

1 hour ago, Jacob-Englefield1 said:

Mark, I thought the save that Cory Harvey made in the first half was decent. Or so it looked at the time. It was the one where the Street striker ran in on the left hand side, struck it with his left foot, aiming to put it across the keeper in to the far corner. However, Cory saved well with his feet. For what it's worth, I enjoy watching such high quality highlights every weekend. It's something you rarely get at this level. It's very helpful for those who struggle to attend games, like myself. It also helps keep in touch with how the club are doing!

Thank you Jacob

15 minutes ago, Box 2 Box said:

Any footage of Bowker Stomping on the 17 year old CBs foot ? Also as your commissioned by Helston, does Steve Massey have final say on the work you produce ?  

Bore off. This happens up and down country every week, weather that be in the Premier League down to dog and duck sunday's. His age also has nothing to do with it, if hes old enough to play its part and parcel of the game.

1 hour ago, Box 2 Box said:

😂😂😂 

You ignorant Melt .. are you not aware of safe guarding…

“Oh it’s a men’s game so let’s kick lumps out of kids..”

Bowkers actions were out of order and the Ref and players have a duty of care to U18s …

Are you implying that referees have to work to two different sets of rules in the same game? One for adults and one for kids? That must be fraught with danger and how would a referee know how old the player is? And before you get abusive, it’s a genuine question 

5 minutes ago, Box 2 Box said:

It’s all in the FA guidance … nothing to do with two sets of rules in the same game, but all players staff and officials have a safeguarding responsibility!!!

Officals should be made aware of U18s  playing in open age football .. they should also have all necessary DBS checks etc…

Imagine if said CF took it to far and punched or head butted a 17 year old… (thinking they were an adult) assaulting a minor isn’t a good look..

Assaulting any player (regardless of age) isn't a good look.

48 minutes ago, le boss said:

Are you implying that referees have to work to two different sets of rules in the same game? One for adults and one for kids? That must be fraught with danger and how would a referee know how old the player is? And before you get abusive, it’s a genuine question 

It's a shame you've tried to normalise reprobate behaviour on a football pitch

2 hours ago, Greygen said:

Bore off. This happens up and down country every week, weather that be in the Premier League down to dog and duck sunday's. His age also has nothing to do with it, if hes old enough to play its part and parcel of the game.

It's a bigger shame that you feel toxic thuggery has any place on a football pitch. A sorry state of affairs when this behaviour is deemed acceptable. You can play football without being a violent piece of scum. 

4 minutes ago, Roche Raider said:

It's a bigger shame that you feel toxic thuggery has any place on a football pitch. A sorry state of affairs when this behaviour is deemed acceptable. You can play football without being a violent piece of scum. 

Really show's you've never set foot on a pitch at any respected level 🤡

Played in several leagues up and down the country, from University level down to Sunday league and have had the unfortunate displeasure of time and time again,sharing a football pitch with nasty pieces of work who try to mask it with words such as 'competitive' or 'heart on sleeve'. These individuals apply a win at all costs rhetoric which often sees serious intent to injure or maim their opponent. Will only get worse with referee shortages, which will see volunteers (mates down the pub) step in and give a free license to these 'cage fighters' to do and wish as they please purely because they want their mates to win.

Only an idiot would make excuses for these individuals, who plague the grassroots game and have done so for far too long.

When these imbeciles are taken out of the game, maybe we will have a more respected game and more referees to go with it!

26 minutes ago, Roche Raider said:

Played in several leagues up and down the country, from University level down to Sunday league and have had the unfortunate displeasure of time and time again,sharing a football pitch with nasty pieces of work who try to mask it with words such as 'competitive' or 'heart on sleeve'. These individuals apply a win at all costs rhetoric which often sees serious intent to injure or maim their opponent. 

Another reason why participation is in decline at grass roots levels?

4 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Another reason why participation is in decline at grass roots levels?

You tell me. Who the **** want's to travel best part of an hour in this county to waste 4-5 hours of their weekend in the company of vile, reprehensible people who can't differentiate between good sporting contests and GBH. Not to mention the out and out determination to be as toxic as possible all in the name of 'being a winner'.

You only have to look at reports filed in the last year of referees being beaten up and their cars smashed in. Does anyone really want to be 'part of the game' when the game's like that?

16 minutes ago, Box 2 Box said:

Helston are usually exemplary with their practices and often lead the way with youth development and safeguarding, this has been seen on previous published team sheets where they note U18s players ages etc.

However the behaviour of cheating (diving) and thuggery has certainly set a new low for the club… Mass needs to get out of the 70s and get himself on some FA courses, set the standard and tone … 

Wasting your time. When you look at some of the current cohort in this division, grace and honour  mean absolute **** all to most of these wage collectors. 

I've seen a certain striker of Bodmin Town say some of the most abhorrent things to an elderly gentleman on a touchline in the past. Disgusting.

55 minutes ago, Box 2 Box said:

Helston are usually exemplary with their practices and often lead the way with youth development and safeguarding, this has been seen on previous published team sheets where they note U18s players ages etc.

However the behaviour of cheating (diving) and thuggery has certainly set a new low for the club… Mass needs to get out of the 70s and get himself on some FA courses, set the standard and tone … 

It’s been some years since I commented on this forum and whilst a lot of the nonsense I just brush off with a wry smile what a won’t tolerate is being called a THUG by some nameless account who wouldn’t dream of putting his name to such an accusation if you believe I’m a thug please feel free to pop along this Saturday and introduce yourself and explain to me over a beer 🍺 as to why I’ll even pay your entrance fee 😘😘

3 minutes ago, Box 2 Box said:

You seem to have associated yourself with my comment …  hoping Piran Films will show the full footage of the game and then the allegations made by Street will be proven or disproven …

I’ll come find you on Saturday. Don’t worry about paying my entrance fee , I get in free 👍

Part of the furniture at Helston… 

31 yellow cards and 1 red card in 20 game to which Thug or thuggery are you alluding to then?? Look forward to you introducing yourself on Saturday 👌🏻👌🏻

6 minutes ago, Box 2 Box said:

Did you or did you not Stamp on the Foot of a 17 year old street player?

answer the question 

Helstons behaviour in general has become appalling and many of the committee are disgusted by the behaviour on and off the pitch ..

So you were referring to me as the thug then?? As I thought 👌🏻👌🏻 But for the record No I did not stamp on a street players foot not sure what his age has to do with it?? (it’s men’s football by the way!!) just FYI if I was to have a £1 for every time a opposition player stood on my foot during a game I would be able to buy a tropical island 🏝 anyways again look forward to meeting you Saturday 👍🏻👍🏻

4 minutes ago, Footy follower said:

Stuart bowker.... The game needs more of you..... Not saying everything you do is 100% perfect but you're a character.. You work hard... Great player and you're upfront(I don't mean a striker) 

I appreciate that, I can take comments about football ability, that’s part and parcel of football it’s a game of opinions and I know I’ll never be everyone’s cup of tea but the personal attack on players/managers has to stop I play the game to the best of my ability and yes I’m a win at all costs (but within the rules!) if you don’t play to win then what’s the point 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

24 minutes ago, Box 2 Box said:

Paranoid aren't you 😂 Glad to hear you didn’t stamp on the young mans foot as alleged by Street …

But the … it’s “Men’s football by the way” comment kind of suggests you’ve missed the point …. 

To be fair as a player I rate you highly , but the pantomime villain act gets a bit old …. You need to be setting an example to youngsters….. 

setting an example?? as in driving a over 200 mile round trip on a Sunday to watch them play and encourage them to work hard you mean that type of example yeah??6514A88F-3B43-4C27-B736-841CE3E333A3.thumb.png.f42ea4e97e194f975a3ed966878aadd0.png 

4 hours ago, Roche Raider said:

I don't know how you have come to the conclusion that I am trying to normalise reprobate behaviour from my simple question? You clearly don't know me or anything about me but don't let any reality get in the way. Perhaps you are trying to get a rise? In over 25 years of football, both man and boy, I think i was sent off three times and that was in one game!!! For laughing at a referee which on appeal got watered down to one sending off - and I was playing with/against proper hard tacklers. As a manager I never tolerated or condoned reprobate behaviour - ask any player I managed - so before you insinuate failings in my character  - check your facts

6 minutes ago, Box 2 Box said:

Good on you , but the example needs to be set on the pitch and particularly on social media …  

I don't know Stu Bowker personally but have watched him a plenty. He is a pain in the ass for defenders, gives it and takes it, and leads the line well. He does get a little too involved sometimes to the detriment of his own game but no one can doubt his dedication to the Helston cause and sets many an example to youngsters on how to succeed at both football and life. It's not everybody's way but it is his way and I've seen plenty of thugs in my time and he ain't one of them

9 minutes ago, Box 2 Box said:

93532BD8-AEB1-442A-AE18-B0383B4FCCC7.thumb.jpeg.5c4fe9ee9d8f3920aab6d31035e5560e.jpeg

No one has called him a Thug … cheating and thuggery was my statement pointed at ‘My own Club’ he obviously felt the cap fitted.

The behaviour seen at the Senior cup game goes to reinforce my impression of what the club has become. 

The young man it was alleged he stamped on I’m sure would have his own opinion as would his parents and no doubt the FA.

Look forward to you voicing your concerns to me and the lads in person instead of behind a keyboard have a nice evening all 💙💙

4 minutes ago, Box 2 Box said:

I’ll be at the next committee meeting , make sure your there . 

Do I take it from your comments about behaviour and examples etc that you are part of the youth set-up? At least the committee meeting will be a bit more interesting than they used to be. Hope your efforts to bring about change are successful. 

The manager has the club committee over a barrel. If he pulls out it’s back to the lower reaches of the swpl for them. 

Bowker and his Devon mates are not at the club because they like the drive. Let’s not forget what motivates them!
helston boy  Mattie Buchan only stayed for 2 mins because he didn’t like the circus its become.  

On 14/11/2021 at 16:45, mattelot said:

There is a question mark. Not sure Quality Street would have been accurate but would have used it had Street won.

9 minutes ago, The Observer__ said:

The manager has the club committee over a barrel. If he pulls out it’s back to the lower reaches of the swpl for them. 

Bowker and his Devon mates are not at the club because they like the drive. Let’s not forget what motivates them!
helston boy  Mattie Buchan only stayed for 2 mins because he didn’t like the circus its become.  

Or did Mattie Buchan wish to ply his trade at a higher level?

On 14/11/2021 at 16:38, Box 2 Box said:

Be interesting to post the full game up on you tube,  and let people make their own judgements …

Tried doing this in the past. It didn’t work. Attention spans tend to be around 7 minutes just on the video highlights

20 hours ago, Jacob-Englefield1 said:

Sorry I missed it. I was using Tom Harris’ crib sheet for his Packet Live blog. I don’t remember it for sure.

16 minutes ago, The Observer__ said:

Mattie Buchan presumably wants to play at the highest level possible, don’t put think? Who can blame him?

On 14/11/2021 at 16:38, Box 2 Box said:

Attention span is around 7 minutes for the highlights.

19 minutes ago, The Observer__ said:

Hmmm ! I'm pretty sure I heard Mr massey telling David white on radio cornwall that he has actually managed a circus before ! 😁🤣😂

2 hours ago, le boss said:

I don't know how you have come to the conclusion that I am trying to normalise reprobate behaviour from my simple question? You clearly don't know me or anything about me but don't let any reality get in the way. Perhaps you are trying to get a rise? In over 25 years of football, both man and boy, I think i was sent off three times and that was in one game!!! For laughing at a referee which on appeal got watered down to one sending off - and I was playing with/against proper hard tacklers. As a manager I never tolerated or condoned reprobate behaviour - ask any player I managed - so before you insinuate failings in my character  - check your facts

It was a generalisation but let's be clear, how many managers say things like "put one on him" or "let him know you're there" that's clearly interpretated to smash the living daylights out of them.

You can be win at all costs and NOT run round like you've escaped Dartmoor with a machete. 

It's this, coupled with the systematic abuse of the man with the whistle, as to why our game is absolutely ****ed