Cornwall Football Forum

VIDEO HIGHGHTS of HELSTON ATHLETIC v STREET FC

Piran

15 minutes ago, Roche Raider said:

It was a generalisation but let's be clear, how many managers say things like "put one on him" or "let him know you're there" that's clearly interpretated to smash the living daylights out of them.

You can be win at all costs and NOT run round like you've escaped Dartmoor with a machete. 

It's this, coupled with the systematic abuse of the man with the whistle, as to why our game is absolutely ****ed 

That might have been the case back in the 70's and 80's but not so much now. If they are still about, then I don't think they will last much longer in management because there is far too much media pressure or social media pressure to be precise. I will say that the competitive edge in the youth has deminished which has been caused by schools and sadly some of the safeguarding measures - youth want it all on a plate and many don't want to compete for it - those who do are usually the successful ones. A generalisation but if youth don't get it all, then they will jump in daddy's car and go to another club who are happy to swell their numbers. Just my opinion and i stand by it because I have experienced it. In no way am i swinging the lamp for the old days or criticising all youth but not sure if the balance has gone too far the other way 

2 minutes ago, Box 2 Box said:

Players declaring their extra income and paying tax perhaps 🤔

What are you so against ? If your a helston committee member why are you calling out the players on here ? 
surly have a world in house. Sound like someone that doesn’t want to move with the times and preferred helston back in the lower leagues with 1 man and his dog watching 

14 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

What are you so against ? If your a helston committee member why are you calling out the players on here ? 
surly have a world in house. Sound like someone that doesn’t want to move with the times and preferred helston back in the lower leagues with 1 man and his dog watching 

He’s not a member of the committee like most of the people that hide behind their keyboard on here they just use this forum to have cheap shot after cheap shot hence why he can’t give me a date for the next committee meeting because he has no idea when it is I will go back off here now but please if anyone on here has a serious grievance with me please feel free to pop down to a game and have a beer 🍺 with me after I promise I won’t bite (or stamp 🙈😬