Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Wednesday 13 October 2021

EAST

Axminster Town               0-0            Sidmouth Town

Brixham                             5-0           Bovey Tracey

Torrington                           3-2          Crediton United

WEST

Bodmin Town                    2-1           Launceston

Dobwalls                            1-2           Godolphin Atlantic (Newquay)

Liskeard Athletic               3-3           Callington Town

Wadebridge Town           3-0         St Austell

22 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

EAST

Axminster Town               0-0            Sidmouth Town

Brixham                             5-0           Bovey Tracey

Torrington                           3-2          Crediton United

WEST

Bodmin Town                    2-1           Launceston

Dobwalls                            1-2           Godolphin Atlantic (Newquay)

Wadebridge Town           3-0         St Austell

Couple of surprises there. 

Almost 3 shocks..  ! Launceston we’re pretty awesome in spells against Bodmin tonight. Played some really good stuff against their highly paid opponents !! 
lost it with 45 seconds left and definitely deserved something from the game I thought. A fantastic game for any neutrals watching

A lovely evening for some midweek footy

cracking game of football, were either team could of won it,callington a very much improved team now, callingtons young teen striker  through on goal in dying seconds,showed a bit of inexperience , but  both teams went for it , a card happy ref gave out  more cards than christmas to both teams, and a red was not a surprise when it came,but overall a fair result for a good night of football

Good result for cally, said it for a while that they been unlucky in results, always losing by 1 goal when probably should of took something away from them games and getting a draw against an inform Liskeard team proves they can compete with the best in the league. 

See bodmin scraped a win which should of been comfortable for them. Would it be classed as bringing in a ringer now landricombe isn't their full time player haha but launceston unlucky not to come away with what they deserved. 

I took in Bodmin vs Lanson last night, whilst it was a relatively tame game, the biggest talking point was seeing Matt Hayden at the game. Begs a huge questions as to what has happened? does this mean he has now left Callington? I know there was him signing from Bodmin in pre season. Does this mean that is back on the cards, very strange that he wouldn't be watching his own side. Did maybe over hear a conversation near the tea hut that he's left after a falling out with the chairmen at Callington.

Sounds like a cracking game at Lux Park though, maybe I choose the wrong game last night!

8 hours ago, tamar.man said:

cracking game of football, were either team could of won it,callington a very much improved team now, callingtons young teen striker  through on goal in dying seconds,showed a bit of inexperience , but  both teams went for it , a card happy ref gave out  more cards than christmas to both teams, and a red was not a surprise when it came,but overall a fair result for a good night of football

Have to agree a good game to watch. Callington gave their all and I'm sure on this performance will give most sides a good game. Listen in to the Friday Fix podcast for Shaun Vincent's post match thoughts.

55 minutes ago, Greygen said:

I took in Bodmin vs Lanson last night, whilst it was a relatively tame game, the biggest talking point was seeing Matt Hayden at the game. Begs a huge questions as to what has happened? does this mean he has now left Callington? I know there was him signing from Bodmin in pre season. Does this mean that is back on the cards, very strange that he wouldn't be watching his own side. Did maybe over hear a conversation near the tea hut that he's left after a falling out with the chairmen at Callington.

Sounds like a cracking game at Lux Park though, maybe I choose the wrong game last night!

Perhaps he was on a scouting mission for Callington who play Bodmin on Saturday in the cup.

1 minute ago, iand said:

Perhaps he was on a scouting mission for Callington who play Bodmin on Saturday in the cup.

Perhaps, his comments pointed to him having a fallout and leaving. Couldn't imagine any other manager in the league not managing his side when they have a fixture to attend another game? - especially after such a long ban has been reduced? @Dave DeaconHow good was James Lorenz last night? any stand out players for Callington?

48 minutes ago, Unknown20 said:

Rumour has it Matt Shapland from Saltash could be taking over at Bodmin with Matt , but just rumours at the moment.

That was the murmurs last night around the tea hut last night. I'd suggest that the current Callington managerial set up are happy, but must be concerned that Matt won't pull the players from underneath them?

On 13/10/2021 at 22:51, rocky170267 said:

Almost 3 shocks..  ! Launceston we’re pretty awesome in spells against Bodmin tonight. Played some really good stuff against their highly paid opponents !! 
lost it with 45 seconds left and definitely deserved something from the game I thought. A fantastic game for any neutrals watching

A lovely evening for some midweek footy

the waltz play ? Seen and heard he’s being tapped up And dan has brought in a few strikers lately! He never normally sticks around very long but hope he stays they are a good fit ... . What is going on down cally then seems very strange all this , Matt comes in and Shaun’s taking time out matt gets him back involved then few games later he’s gone . 🙈If it’s to do with the cally chairman now wonder he used to be the grass cutter and knows absolutely nothin about football. It’s a real shame ! lovely club hope Shaun and Ryan can turn it around 

1 hour ago, Slidetackletechnician said:

Did the waltz play ? Seen and heard he’s being tapped up left right and centre . And dans brought in a few strikers lately! He never normally sticks around very long but hope he stays they are a good fit . What’s going on down cally then seems very strange all this. Matt comes in and Shaun’s taking time out matt gets him back involved then few games later he’s gone . If it’s to do with the cally chairman now wonder he used to be the grass cutter and knows absolutely nothin about football. It’s a real shame ! lovely club hope Shaun and Ryan can turn it around 

No emojis this time waltz? 

Yes I played !!!!! And certainly ain’t going anywhere thanks. Great group of lads and can see massive improvements in the team week In week out . Results quite not going are way atm but lads growing with every game 👊🏻We were very very unlucky not to get something  Played some lovely stuff and battled for 96 mins 

Thought edgy was a nightmare didn’t do him self justice being assessed Said 2 mins left and played at least 4 sure he wanted them to score was stopping his watch for every throw in etc Didn’t do that first half so why in the last 5 mins do it Always confuses me that  .

On another note who does these fixtures ? Phil 👀😂were playing teams twice in Oct when we ain’t played other teams yet ?? same again tues camels and then again sat st Austell ?🤦‍♂️We have played all the teams in the top 9 and only 1 of the bottom 8 🤔🤔🤔another thing that don’t make any sense .

Weekend off might go watch a local game might take in Elburton vs St Austell cheers cheers The Waltz 

11 hours ago, Byron10 said:

No emojis this time waltz? 

Your funny  👀😂😂Get back in your level mate . Wrong group this👀 its first team football mate not 3rd team byron  ☺️😉😂

1 hour ago, The waltz said:

On another note who does these fixtures ? Phil 👀😂were playing teams twice in Oct when we ain’t played other teams yet ?? same again tues camels and then again sat st Austell ?🤦‍♂️We have played all the teams in the top 9 and only 1 of the bottom 8 🤔🤔🤔another thing that don’t make any sense .

Weekend off might go watch a local game might take in Elburton vs St Austell cheers cheers The Waltz 

Your funny  👀😂😂Get back in your level mate . Wrong group this👀 its first team football mate not 3rd team byron  ☺️😉😂

Simple answer I believe to the fixture comment - seem to think it’s to do with the midweek games in August being reversed in October to reduce travel and the reason that you now have St Austell next week is because you both lost in the Vase and so it’s been brought forward from January. Better I would imagine than having two blank Saturdays.

1 hour ago, The waltz said:

Yes I played !!!!! And certainly ain’t going anywhere thanks. Great group of lads and can see massive improvements in the team week In week out . Results quite not going are way atm but lads growing with every game 👊🏻We were very very unlucky not to get something  Played some lovely stuff and battled for 96 mins 

Thought edgy was a nightmare didn’t do him self justice being assessed Said 2 mins left and played at least 4 sure he wanted them to score was stopping his watch for every throw in etc Didn’t do that first half so why in the last 5 mins do it Always confuses me that  .

You've got to be a special type of creature to comment on a post as a fake profile and then respond to yourself as you, might need need a MOT for your wellbeing mate.

14 hours ago, Slidetackletechnician said:

the waltz play ? Seen and heard he’s being tapped up And dan has brought in a few strikers lately! He never normally sticks around very long but hope he stays they are a good fit ... . What is going on down cally then seems very strange all this , Matt comes in and Shaun’s taking time out matt gets him back involved then few games later he’s gone . 🙈If it’s to do with the cally chairman now wonder he used to be the grass cutter and knows absolutely nothin about football. It’s a real shame ! lovely club hope Shaun and Ryan can turn it around 

Waltz, along with Stuart Bowker down at Helston, are much needed personalities in Cornish football. Love 'em or hate 'em, you certainly can't ignore them.

Would be great to hear from Waltz on the Cornwall Football Podcast (hint,hint).

2 minutes ago, Greygen said:

You've got to be a special type of creature to comment on a post as a fake profile and then respond to yourself as you, might need need a MOT for your wellbeing mate.

Your a very weird bloke never comments anything positive who ever made this up is maddening but ok 😂😂 keep it going I find it funny 

17 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Simple answer I believe to the fixture comment - seem to think it’s to do with the midweek games in August being reversed in October to reduce travel and the reason that you now have St Austell next week is because you both lost in the Vase and so it’s been brought forward from January. Better I would imagine than having two blank Saturdays.

Agreed to be fair Dave not having 2 Blank Saturdays just a little unfair playing all the top sides early on in the season without and little break bit relentless  

1 minute ago, Way Of The Park said:

Not the first person to do this, you might also know me as Big Al and Leeds United (I'm joking ☺️).

Class 👀😂😂😉

1 minute ago, The waltz said:

Your a very weird bloke never comments anything positive who ever made this up is maddening but ok 😂😂 keep it going I find it funny 

Tell you what is positive, how it won't be long until your bombed from Lanson soon. Nice to see Dan making positive improvements with his squad.