Launceston Reserves      5-2          Morwenstow

Millbrook Reserves         1-1       Saltash Borough

Polperro                           5-1         Sticker Reserves

St Dominick                      2-1          Saltash United Reserves

WEST

Hayle                                 0-1         Helston Athletic Reserves

Mullion                             6-1       Perranwell

42 minutes ago, Table Focus said:

Ludgvan have had to postpone their game against Illogan for “reasons related to COVID”. Considering they said 2 days ago that they are waiting for players to return in the coming weeks…. Seems convenient 🙄

Yet another speculative post based on complete ignorance of the situation.

53 minutes ago, CornwallSoccerFan91 said:

Look at there Facebook, this shows that they are missing players 🤔. Easy way out to say couple of players have COVID, league should take proof of their positive results 

Another keyboard warrior who can only guess what's going on ,a complete tool/ muppet ! who got no ️  to say who he is and hides behind his keyboard. 

All things were done correctly from our club , unfortunately Covid is still here we have positive cases and some players feeling unwell , myself included, so we thought best to inform the league of the situation, Ir shall we just turn up and pass it on ?? Don't thing so. 

I don't think we will be the only club contacting the league in the next few weeks regarding Covid problems. 

we had a squad of 16 at Mousehole the other night and they were all keen and looking forward to Saturday but over the next few days players and management started to very unwell with positive symptoms occurring, Not that I should be explaining all this to this idiot. 

yes we still have players to come back into the squad / club ,as mentioned on Facebook,  some are away at the moment , some injured etc . 

so No we didn't take the easy way out , we took the sensible option to protect our club and players and officials from illogan football club who we have a lot of respect for , and we hope to see them soon.

Anthony Hosking 

Ludgvan Football Club 

13 minutes ago, Hosky Mourinho said:

Another keyboard warrior who can only guess what's going on ,a complete tool/ muppet ! who got no ️  to say who he is and hides behind his keyboard. 

All things were done correctly from our club , unfortunately Covid is still here we have positive cases and some players feeling unwell , myself included, so we thought best to inform the league of the situation, Ir shall we just turn up and pass it on ?? Don't thing so. 

I don't think we will be the only club contacting the league in the next few weeks regarding Covid problems. 

we had a squad of 16 at Mousehole the other night and they were all keen and looking forward to Saturday but over the next few days players and management started to very unwell with positive symptoms occurring, Not that I should be explaining all this to this idiot. 

yes we still have players to come back into the squad / club ,as mentioned on Facebook,  some are away at the moment , some injured etc . 

so No we didn't take the easy way out , we took the sensible option to protect our club and players and officials from illogan football club who we have a lot of respect for , and we hope to see them soon.

Anthony Hosking 

Ludgvan Football Club 

Easy way out 🤷‍♂️ Have you provided proof? Don’t make it so clear your boys arent up for the fight and wanna lie 🤣 you make me laugh Anthony always have 👎🏼👎🏼

18 minutes ago, baldy said:

Don’t let the facts get in the way of a good story or your possible grievance.

Yet to show proof or anything, not up the fight… guess this season any team that don’t wanna play or wants to wait for key players to return should just have a COVID breakout… wait just say they got one and they got a break to get players in 🤣 come on use that bald head of yours to use 

If a team plays midweek and has covid by the weekend there is a third side involved. Not only the side you would be playing on the Saturday but also the side you did play midweek 

Surely with Covid taking up to five days to appear it is always possible that the team with the Covid passed it on to their midweek opponents, thus they should be informed and told to get their players checked as well. That third team could play a team on the Saturday and pass it on unknowingly to a fourth team and so on. 

With infection rates of up to 1000 in 100,000 and rising in some areas of the county we are going to see many disruptions. That is a rate of 1 in 100 people and getting worse.

4 hours ago, CornwallSoccerFan91 said:

Look at there Facebook, this shows that they are missing players 🤔. Easy way out to say couple of players have COVID, league should take proof of their positive results 

2 hours ago, CornwallSoccerFan91 said:

Easy way out 🤷‍♂️ Have you provided proof? Don’t make it so clear your boys arent up for the fight and wanna lie 🤣 you make me laugh Anthony always have 👎🏼👎🏼

1 hour ago, CornwallSoccerFan91 said:

Yet to show proof or anything, not up the fight… guess this season any team that don’t wanna play or wants to wait for key players to return should just have a COVID breakout… wait just say they got one and they got a break to get players in 🤣 come on use that bald head of yours to use 

Yet more posts based on complete ignorance of FA and league protocols.  The clubs are all aware of what is required of them and are complying.  You clearly aren't and your ongoing guesswork does you no credit. 

St Austell v Callington and Perranporth v St Day also now off due to COVID

4 hours ago, CornwallSoccerFan91 said:

🥱 yes of course we’ve provided ‘proof’ hence why it has been sanctioned. Easy way out- I’m sure the lads that are struggling at home right now and some with vulnerable family members would disagree with that ignorant throw away comment. Always easy to presume when you don’t have the facts. Ignorance is bliss as the old saying goes! 

2 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

If a team plays midweek and has covid by the weekend there is a third side involved. Not only the side you would be playing on the Saturday but also the side you did play midweek 

Surely with Covid taking up to five days to appear it is always possible that the team with the Covid passed it on to their midweek opponents, thus they should be informed and told to get their players checked as well. That third team could play a team on the Saturday and pass it on unknowingly to a fourth team and so on. 

With infection rates of up to 1000 in 100,000 and rising in some areas of the county we are going to see many disruptions. That is a rate of 1 in 100 people and getting worse.

Mousehole were informed immediately. 

Why isn’t there a full bunch of fixtures in a Saturday?? Ridiculous how there’s on 3 from the west on a Saturday👏

20 hours ago, Steve Carpenter said:

Yet another speculative post based on complete ignorance of the situation.

There’s actually people missing though you can clearly see on social media that some of their players are missing.

If they have covid then fair enough but it’s an easy route for struggling teams I’ve seen 

15 hours ago, Bantona said:

🥱 yes of course we’ve provided ‘proof’ hence why it has been sanctioned. Easy way out- I’m sure the lads that are struggling at home right now and some with vulnerable family members would disagree with that ignorant throw away comment. Always easy to presume when you don’t have the facts. Ignorance is bliss as the old saying goes! 

Mousehole were informed immediately. 

Mousehole may have been informed, but the referee from the game has only just found out by reading this!!!

1 hour ago, Cornish Dave said:

Why isn’t there a full bunch of fixtures in a Saturday?? Ridiculous how there’s on 3 from the west on a Saturday👏

There’s actually people missing though you can clearly see on social media that some of their players are missing.

If they have covid then fair enough but it’s an easy route for struggling teams I’ve seen 

All because of COVID.  Believe me the last thing we need are postponements at the time of the season when games can be 'banked' against future losses due to weather etc. 

Yes, Ludgvan have players missing as have a lot of teams at this time of year due to holidays, working in the holiday/hospitality industries, cricket and any number of other reasons, Ludgvan just happened to mention it in a match report.  As I've said before there are protocols to follow and all of the clubs that have had their fixtures postponed have done so.  We know the extent of their respective COVID problems and that is why they're not playing.  With one exception Boardmasters is a continuing theme.

St Dom 2-1 Saltash reserves 

Saltash came to lovells and started the first half on the front foot with the doms having a poor first half, Saltash took advantage when a well struck free kick put them 1-0 up on the half hour mark. A mistake from Saltash goalkeeper allowed James Bloomfield to capitalise with another good strike from distance just before half time. After the half time whistle a different st Dom side came out the changing rooms and led shortly after via a neat finish from Kevin McCallion. The doms then defended resolutely for the remaining 20 minutes to see out a deserved 2-1 win and another 3 points on home turf. A really well contested game between 2 very good sides, best of luck to Saltash for the remainder of the season. 💛🖤

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 21 August 2021
21 hours ago, andy howes said:

Can I just ask why are people picking just on ludgvan when there's other games been cancelled for the same reason, nothing said. 

No idea Andy.  Grudges or some form of agenda?  Not a peep about Truro, Perranporth, St Austell or Perranwell.  Or any of the SWPL clubs similarly affected the latest of which is Penzance.

16 hours ago, truthbetold said:

Were not some of the ludgvan boys playing for pendeen and other teams this weekend ? Seems a bit silly if the team could have covid or be exposed to it?

Not ideal I'll grant you but if they've not had a positive test and aren't showing symptoms they can play.

Before I start, nothing against Ludgvan fc, very good club, I'm more questioning the rules here. Ludgvan have a reserve team, who didn't have a game? Why did they have to cancel altogether - isn't that the whole point of a reserve team, to help cover the 1sts if they have players missing? Ludgvan have 50 players signed on, did they all have to isolate!?! 

What counts as a Covid related problem? 2 players, maybe 3 with positive tests? When you have a reserve team and 50 players signed on, shouldn't you still have to fulfil the fixture? Seems too easy to just cancel the game.

Did Ludgvan ASK to cancel, or were they told to? 

Also seen that some of the ludgvan players played for other clubs yesterday because their game was cancelled. Just makes it even more farcical! 

37 minutes ago, 1ofthekids said:

Before I start, nothing against Ludgvan fc, very good club, I'm more questioning the rules here. Ludgvan have a reserve team, who didn't have a game? Why did they have to cancel altogether - isn't that the whole point of a reserve team, to help cover the 1sts if they have players missing? Ludgvan have 50 players signed on, did they all have to isolate!?! 

What counts as a Covid related problem? 2 players, maybe 3 with positive tests? When you have a reserve team and 50 players signed on, shouldn't you still have to fulfil the fixture? Seems too easy to just cancel the game.

Did Ludgvan ASK to cancel, or were they told to? 

Also seen that some of the ludgvan players played for other clubs yesterday because their game was cancelled. Just makes it even more farcical! 

Nothing against ludgvan so why haven't you mentioned other clubs that had to cancel for the same reason oh yes i think they might have reserve teams that didn't have a game as well. 

13 minutes ago, andy howes said:

Nothing against ludgvan so why haven't you mentioned other clubs that had to cancel for the same reason oh yes i think they might have reserve teams that didn't have a game as well. 

First time I've asked the question Andy! As I said I'm more interested in the rules behind it, less so the team involved 👍

7 minutes ago, Bantona said:

Nothing against Ludgvan? Then mention them five times. No agenda at all? 🐂💩

Well yeah, Ludgvan were the example for the points I was making and questions I was asking 🤷‍♂️

Priority is always the health of the players, but as I have stressed several times, I am questioning the rules and protocols (and not Ludgvan - that's seven times now 👍).

If players are still allowed to play for other clubs, or to go and play cricket, in my opinion it just doesn't make sense?

Hopefully teams can be flexible..  if a game is called off due to covid and another game can be arranged (2 teams not affected by covid) then we should do all we can to get games on.  With these games being postponed, put that with a bad winter it could be a mess at the end of the season. 

Strange times we are living in for sure and it's definitely not going away.

Hope all affected are okay and recovering.  

6 minutes ago, 1ofthekids said:

Well yeah, Ludgvan were the example for the points I was making and questions I was asking 🤷‍♂️

Priority is always the health of the players, but as I have stressed several times, I am questioning the rules and protocols (and not Ludgvan - that's seven times now 👍).

If players are still allowed to play for other clubs, or to go and play cricket, in my opinion it just doesn't make sense?

If you are so concerned about the rules, why not contact the FA yourself? As the league secretary has stated, the correct protocol has been followed based on guidance from the FA. Despite this you still question it? This is happening with many teams yet you only mention one club. It is boring now. It is always easy to comment and assume when you don’t know the full facts. As I mention previously, it’s offensive to the lads that are at home feeling horrendous and having to isolate from pregnant partners or have other vulnerable family members. Personally, I think a lot of people’s heads are in the sand about the rise in Covid in the region. Unfortunately, it’s happening in everyday life so it’s inevitable to affect local sport!

This is why I don’t post match reports on here normally, too many keyboard warriors on here over analysing everything trying to stir the pot. Life's too short! The people questioning the integrity of certain teams despite it all going through the correct protocol says more about their morals than the clubs ‘in question’. 

I hope you get answers soon and don’t have to wait to only raise them when covid affects Ludgvan! 

9 minutes ago, Bantona said:

If you are so concerned about the rules, why not contact the FA yourself? As the league secretary has stated, the correct protocol has been followed based on guidance from the FA. Despite this you still question it? This is happening with many teams yet you only mention one club. It is boring now. It is always easy to comment and assume when you don’t know the full facts. As I mention previously, it’s offensive to the lads that are at home feeling horrendous and having to isolate from pregnant partners or have other vulnerable family members. Personally, I think a lot of people’s heads are in the sand about the rise in Covid in the region. Unfortunately, it’s happening in everyday life so it’s inevitable to affect local sport!

This is why I don’t post match reports on here normally, too many keyboard warriors on here over analysing everything trying to stir the pot. Life's too short! The people questioning the integrity of certain teams despite it all going through the correct protocol says more about their morals than the clubs ‘in question’. 

I hope you get answers soon and don’t have to wait to only raise them when covid affects Ludgvan! 

I can see you again missed the part where I said I wasn't pinpointing one particular club, but was simply airing my thoughts for the purpose of a discussion. Hope your lads are all okay 👍

17 minutes ago, 1ofthekids said:

As I said before, if the players going elsewhere to play or to play cricket haven't had a positive test and aren't displaying symptoms they are as entitled to do that as you and I.

If you want to try and get your head around the guidance nick over to the SWPL section of the forum and listen to the clip from Phil Hiscox part of the weekly podcast that Dave's put on there.  You can also find the FA document here: https://www.cornwallfa.com/news/2021/jul/16/an-update-on-non-elite-football. Our prime concern is the health and wellbeing of the players and others that they may potentially spread this disease to and always will be.  

Bit odd why some players from teams with positive covid tests were allowed to play for other teams? If that’s the case then what’s the problem calling up reserve team players to help out a first team apparently missing a couple due to covid?🙄 all seems a bit suspicious to me and I expect the league to look further

7 hours ago, Steve Carpenter said:

No idea Andy.  Grudges or some form of agenda?  Not a peep about Truro, Perranporth, St Austell or Perranwell.  Or any of the SWPL clubs similarly affected the latest of which is Penzance.

Not ideal I'll grant you but if they've not had a positive test and aren't showing symptoms they can play.

Why couldn’t the players who were positive not play and instead replace them with reserve players? Make more sense surely 🤔

1 hour ago, Bantona said:

This is why I don’t post match reports on here normally, too many keyboard warriors on here over analysing everything trying to stir the pot. Life's too short!

Life’s too short not to post match reports on here Bantona! 
Take no notice and let’s hear your post match thoughts. 👍

1 hour ago, Cornish Dave said:

Bit odd why some players from teams with positive covid tests were allowed to play for other teams? If that’s the case then what’s the problem calling up reserve team players to help out a first team apparently missing a couple due to covid?🙄 all seems a bit suspicious to me and I expect the league to look further

Why couldn’t the players who were positive not play and instead replace them with reserve players? Make more sense surely 🤔

Not going to happen.  The cub presented their situation to the league and a decision was made.  A consistent approach to all cases has been taken.

You may not like the approach taken and that's your perogative but those of us that have to make these decisions will continue to do so in as fair a way as possible.  If you and your fellow anonymous snipers want to carry on feel free but for me this conversation is over.

9 hours ago, Steve Carpenter said:

Not going to happen.  The cub presented their situation to the league and a decision was made.  A consistent approach to all cases has been taken.

You may not like the approach taken and that's your perogative but those of us that have to make these decisions will continue to do so in as fair a way as possible.  If you and your fellow anonymous snipers want to carry on feel free but for me this conversation is over.

So basically they were struggling from both sides. Thanks for the clarification 👏