Cornwall Football Forum

WE LOVE YOU FALMOUTH WE DO

1 hour ago, Jeff Chambers said:

Helston are favourites. We know that. They will be confident.  Massey has bought a great bunch of players.  We're just gonna enjoy the day win or lose.  

He Brought another lad down from Taunton I think it was tonight son of the lad mcgrath who played for man United. Shows if Bidston need players, massey must have plenty of contacts AND plenty of cash to go with it. Enjoy the day Jeff and the F troop 

Well as a United fan and ex Season ticket holder for 15 years on the Stretford end I will watch Paul McGraphs son with interest.  Paul McGraph was pure class.  Back to the game. .. it will be another great day for the return of F-Troop.  We know the score with Helston,  but Falmouth Town will go there and give 100 %and lets just see where it takes us.  EVERYWHERE WE GO! !!!

On 10/10/2019 at 08:25, Way Of The Park said:

Chris McGrath last played for Buckland in the Toolstation League, has played for Taunton previously. No idea if he is a permanent or dual signing, but Helston are certainly putting a lot behind the 20/20 vision.

McGrath played for Buckland today v Camelford - nothing special on the day. 

One of the Buckland committee told me Helston offered Mcgrath a lot of money to play in midweek, when he turned it down he was offered another £100  on top of the first offer. I don't know if  it's true but that's what he said. He looks like his dad but that's where the similarity ends, much better centre backs playing in this league. I think he is living off his dad's name as far as football goes. 

16 minutes ago, Clubman said:

Hope the rumour mongers realise that HMRC monitor these forums. Maybe  one or two players may get a surprise. 

Clubs responsibility to deduct taxes.

Bonafide expenses non taxable.

HMRC make the decision on that one...lol

They did have a bit of a purge on this a few years ago.

Copped a few with a bit of a large bill.

On 13/10/2019 at 14:13, hoppit said:

One of the Buckland committee told me Helston offered Mcgrath a lot of money to play in midweek, when he turned it down he was offered another £100  on top of the first offer. I don't know if  it's true but that's what he said. He looks like his dad but that's where the similarity ends, much better centre backs playing in this league. I think he is living off his dad's name as far as football goes. 

Wow, all expenses spared for the 20/20 vision 

On 13/10/2019 at 14:13, hoppit said:

Just caught up with the highlights from Helstons cameraman. McGrath wasn't looking like he was worth £20 a game. Didn't look sharp at all. Seen better defenders in the Trelawney league.

Plus if the money is going from an individual to another individual and not through the clubs accounts, what can the HMRC do? Nothing! 

10 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Clubs responsibility to deduct taxes.

Bonafide expenses non taxable.

HMRC make the decision on that one...lol

They did have a bit of a purge on this a few years ago.

Copped a few with a bit of a large bill.

1 hour ago, Hetty said:

Plus if the money is going from an individual to another individual and not through the clubs accounts, what can the HMRC do? Nothing! 

On the contrary, all monies paid to players is assumed, by HMRC to have been paid via the club. For example if Mr. Rich pays player X £100, the Revenue will consider that this is a donation to the Club, goes through the books and is then passed to the player. It matters not if the Treasurer/Committee knows nothing about it, the assumption will still be there for HMRC, that the club has been involved and will check whether tax and insurance has been paid. If not..............large fines all round!

It has already happened in Cornwall more than once and undoubtedly will again.

Lets just say 

The official budget for the team is 500 per game. Thats what will be declared on the clubs account. 

If Steve Massey is unofficially subsidising that how is anyone ever going to know if its an arrangement between the player and the manager? 

7 minutes ago, Hetty said:

Lets just say 

The official budget for the team is 500 per game. Thats what will be declared on the clubs account. 

If Steve Massey is unofficially subsidising that how is anyone ever going to know if its an arrangement between the player and the manager? 

So long as they’re happy to commit a criminal offence with all the risks that involves, they can I guess. However they should be aware that the revenue have a multitude of ways and means. The rack, the iron maiden, thumb screws. And that’s just for starters!