Cornwall Football Forum

Bodmin vs Cardiff U23

Yeah massive result considering the same side played tavi and tavi now I’m the league above get stuffed 7.0 easily and could of been more , well Bodmin lost 3.2 in a great entertaining game . And scored a couple looks like tavi won’t compete as I thought they might in the higher league and as for Bodmin was surprised by the new look side but was very impressed . Think they could be up there returning to former glory 

Tornado Bello was brilliant last night scored a brilliant goal but i thought Tallan Mitchell was the best player on the pitch ,thought he had signed for Truro seen hes been a sub in most of there pre season friendlies .Bodmin have a very good side ide and will be up near the top ,just wandering how long TORNADO will stay there i have always thought he was a brilliant player and a entertainer .Bodmin had a player called Lewis  Webber playing last night thought he was really good as well .Cardiff had i think it was 5 1st team players playing last night .Not a bad crowd 226 ,Bodmin played some lovely football think they will be in the top 4 .My top 6 1 Helston 2 Falmouth 3 Saltash 4  Bodmin 5 St Austell 6 Newquay

2 hours ago, Mick Throbsaw said:

With the likes of Tornado Bello, Dan Pethick, Bailey Gamble, Harry Clarke and Vince Wright-Harper Innis I very much doubt that will be enough quality to see them return to former glory...….

Thought Harper- Innes had gone from St B to Dobwells,  has he now signed for Bodmin?

7 hours ago, Journeyman009 said:

Yeah massive result considering the same side played tavi a

Dazzahs match report above states  - Andy Legg made several changes to the lineup that started against Tavistock F.C.
Not a Tavi supporter  Journeyman009 or is the report wrong ?

7 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Tornado Bello was brilliant last night scored a brilliant goal but i thought Tallan Mitchell was the best player on the pitch ,thought he had signed for Truro seen hes been a sub in most of there pre season friendlies .Bodmin have a very good side ide and will be up near the top ,just wandering how long TORNADO will stay there i have always thought he was a brilliant player and a entertainer .Bodmin had a player called Lewis  Webber playing last night thought he was really good as well .Cardiff had i think it was 5 1st team players playing last night .Not a bad crowd 226 ,Bodmin played some lovely football think they will be in the top 4 .My top 6 1 Helston 2 Falmouth 3 Saltash 4  Bodmin 5 St Austell 6 Newquay

What is it with Helston? Have you seen them play ???

14 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

Helston have just put Alfie Flack on a Non League contract and more to follow.

Their first ever contract player in their 124 year history-They appear to mean buisiness

So I read

So what is the difference between a non league contact and the rules that bind a player to a club when he signs Peninsula League forms? 

1 hour ago, le boss said:

So what is the difference between a non league contact and the rules that bind a player to a club when he signs Peninsula League forms? 

May be wrong, but I don't think 7-day approaches are an option for contracted players.  Has to be an offer to the club, and the club has to accept for the player to open discussions.

3 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

Helston have just put Alfie Flack on a Non League contract and more to follow.

Their first ever contract player in their 124 year history-They appear to mean buisiness

So I read

What’s this got to do with this thread ? 

5 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Maldine ,Smithies ,and Tomlin  where the senior players that played none regular 1st team players

Being a Sheffield Wednesday supporter I know all about Gary Madine played for us for a few seasons a good old fashioned target man up front, surprised he never found the net at Priory Park. Unfortunately he left us to join the blunts across the City hence his connection with Neil Warnock.

16 hours ago, We Two said:

Dazzahs match report above states  - Andy Legg made several changes to the lineup that started against Tavistock F.C.
Not a Tavi supporter  Journeyman009 or is the report wrong ?

Yeah a few changed to the starting line up same 25 players there tho . Just used in a different way to give everyone good minutes. So was the same squad 😂😂 

37 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Like who ? 

Tornado Bello at a guess, but it is bit of a statement to say most of the side were there for prestige.

Haven't read article in Indy yet, but heard that Darren Gilbert talks about the changes to personnel at Bodmin and how it has reinvigorated the club.

Like Leeds United said regarding truro manager, wait and see. I'm saying the same. Let's see who turns up for first match then say I'm wrong. As regarding Gilbert's quote in the Independent  a change of personal has reinvigorated the club. Does he mean players or make up of the committee. Perhaps Leeds might give us his interpretation of that statement 

44 minutes ago, paul pearce said:

Like Leeds United said regarding truro manager, wait and see. I'm saying the same. Let's see who turns up for first match then say I'm wrong. As regarding Gilbert's quote in the Independent  a change of personal has reinvigorated the club. Does he mean players or make up of the committee. Perhaps Leeds might give us his interpretation of that 

I know it's still pre-season, and squads are being still being finalised, but it would be great to see a club by club run down of the who's in, out and staying put before things start proper. Bit like what the Sunday Independent, East Cornwall Guardian, Evening Herald and others used to do.