Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL - Friday 31 August 2018

Argyle 3v0 Camelford. 

Argyle fielded 7 first team players and the ‘best’ of their usual SWPL players making up the 11 and bench.  

Game was as you would expect with Argyle having a lot of possession and territory but the 3-0 scoreline was very, very flattering to Argyle .

First goal was a throughball cross and tap in giving Argyle the lead, it looked offside but the officials clearly refrained from any decisions against Argyle. 1-0 HT

Second half was much of the same but Argyle not really looking like scoring. 15 minutes in a Camels player went down injured on the edge of the Camels box, the ball was cleared long, retreieved by Argyle who played the ball forward, about 10 passes and dribbled around the still injured Camels player on the floor to put in a cross and score - nothing wrong but not really sporting. Third goal was a corner and header from the Argyle no5 - who was lucky to be on the pitch with a yellow card and  5 talkings to by the Ref for leading with his arm. 

Result was never really in doubt, Camels had a couple of decent chances but held their shape and composure very well  

Camels did well - if you can’t enjoy playing against proper pros why play football at this level. Good luck to Argyle Reserves and hope plenty of other Prem teams get the same enjoyment playing their first team. 

Tonight’s Argyle Team - for those interested  

96B7270B-0754-45E6-AC94-EF710DD47A98.jpeg

11 hours ago, SWL Veteran said:

Bodmin 6-1 Ivybridge - Ivybridge better side for long periods according to Steve Massey but I’m sure we may get a contrasting set of views from the Bodmin faithful!! 

First half Ivybridge had lots of possession without creating much Bodmin looked like scoring everytime they went forward .Later stages Ivybridge had more play but by then the game had gone and Bodmin had made a host of changes good to see players back from injury Bodmin looked a lot better balanced side with experience players and youth 

56 minutes ago, beacon said:

First half Ivybridge had lots of possession without creating much Bodmin looked like scoring everytime they went forward .Later stages Ivybridge had more play but by then the game had gone and Bodmin had made a host of changes good to see players back from injury Bodmin looked a lot better balanced side with experience players and youth 

That is probably the poorest Bodmin side I have seen in the last twenty plus seasons. Yes they beat Ivybridge, but the final score flatters Bodmin. Long season ahead for both. As for Darren Gilbert, has he lost he mo jo?

Another point, why is the greeting in the tea hut so miserable?? The old bird serving in there last night could do with a course in customer service, so rude.

1 hour ago, scousemouse said:

That is probably the poorest Bodmin side I have seen in the last twenty plus seasons. Yes they beat Ivybridge, but the final score flatters Bodmin. Long season ahead for both. As for Darren Gilbert, has he lost he mo jo?

Another point, why is the greeting in the tea hut so miserable?? The old bird serving in there last night could do with a course in customer service, so rude.

Says alot for the standard of the league if we are 6 points off top spot with Two games in hand if it's the 'Worst' Bodmin side you have seen Gilby assemble. Transitional period for Bodmin, so what does that say for the 'established' sides ? 

3 hours ago, scousemouse said:

Always a warm welcome in the tea but, perhaps you went in looking like thunder

4 hours ago, Sticker Forever said:

Oh no!!! He’s back, spouting his crap. Bodmin must have won a game!? Why don’t we all just go on strike and not reply to his posts!?! He might get fed up in the end and go and annoy some other forum!?? Worth a try? Embarrassing!!!  ??

What just as embarrassing as Sticker’s performance against Millbrook this afternoon? ????

8 hours ago, scousemouse said:

A face like thunder and a cold cuppa And the most expensive sausage and chips in the whole league

awful,slow and miserable

And before anybody says anything this will probably be the smallest gate of the season down there ......

Good game though !

Don’t give a shit who said it? Fact is Sticker don’t pay players £100+ a game. Have improved their facilities instead. Lost half the team this season so in a “transition” same as Leeds Bodmin without dishing out the thick brown packets. Thick being the apt word as there is no relegation at the end of the season!!! No promotion either for Bodmin, they enjoy being a big fish in a small pond. Bit like Leeds hanging around the dug outs of successful clubs and managers for years slagging off lesser decent honest clubs who try to do things the right way without paying out 50 grand a season to win 3 grand prize money! Who’s the mugs? Anyway not rising to the comments of an idiotic cling on anymore, just make yourself look a numpty as you do most weeks, except when Bodmin lose and we don’t hear from you!

23 minutes ago, Sticker Forever said:

Don’t give a shit who said it? Fact is Sticker don’t pay players £100+ a game. Have improved their facilities instead. Lost half the team this season so in a “transition” same as Leeds Bodmin without dishing out the thick brown packets. Thick being the apt word as there is no relegation at the end of the season!!! No promotion either for Bodmin, they enjoy being a big fish in a small pond. Bit like Leeds hanging around the dug outs of successful clubs and managers for years slagging off lesser decent honest clubs who try to do things the right way without paying out 50 grand a season to win 3 grand prize money! Who’s the mugs? Anyway not rising to the comments of an idiotic cling on anymore, just make yourself look a numpty as you do most weeks, except when Bodmin lose and we don’t hear from you!

?  Suggest you do something or you will get a Wooden Spoon to go in your cabinet ? ?

14 hours ago, leedsunited said:

?  Suggest you do something or you will get a Wooden Spoon to go in your cabinet ? ?

We all know who would make good use of a wooden spoon, the whole of Cornwall SPORTING fraternity wished Ludgvan good luck in their attempts to continue in the SWPL and not cause disruption in the league.         There was one dissenting voice who thought they were a disgrace and should step down to a lower league.   Wonder who that was ? perhaps they qualify for the wooden spoon for sporting comments on this forum.?

10 minutes ago, We Two said:

We all know who would make good use of a wooden spoon, the whole of Cornwall SPORTING fraternity wished Ludgvan good luck in their attempts to continue in the SWPL and not cause disruption in the league.         There was one dissenting voice who thought they were a disgrace and should step down to a lower league.   Wonder who that was ? perhaps they qualify for the wooden spoon for sporting comments on this forum.?

Possibly. Maybe you are correct & I should of thought before I voiced my opinion. Agreed sometimes opinions are best kept to their beholder. However my opinion has not changed as I can't see the benefits of having a team in any league getting smashed every week.

I sincerely wish Ludgvan all the very best for the season, & hope they manage to muster up some points for their efforts.  Let's hope heavy defeats Every Week will not have a detrimental effect on whoever plays there & effect their passion for the game. 

Also, well done to Mousehole stepping in & lending a hand. I can see the transfer 'loophole' really being used when Ludgvan play Mousehole's title rivals & bumping up on players from Mousehole to not only help Ludgvan in search of points, but also helping Mousehole dent their rivals bid for points. If it's there, expose it! Good luck. 

6 hours ago, gingerninja said:

Alex Fletcher played for the SWPL side all last season, and barely features for the first team so not really a first team player 

He also featured in some of the first team games certainly towards the end of the season and came close to going out on loan to Dunfirmline at the start of the season.  

42 minutes ago, Tommy Matthews said:

He also featured in some of the first team games certainly towards the end of the season and came close to going out on loan to Dunfirmline at the start of the season.  

I was actually counting Mike Cooper as the ‘7th’ first team player as he features in their first team squad. Fletcher,  Rooney, Sangster and Hodges (and Jephcott, Bentley, Childs and Battle - I don’t know Boyd and only Battle used as a sub) are all full time ‘pros’ who are ‘developing’ having completed their Academy scholarship but kept on and feature occasionally in the first team squad. These lads and the u18 Academy scholars are the ‘usual’ Reserve team in the SWPL - with an occasional first team player - great to see more in this game though. 

For what’s its worth I thought Fletcher was the best striker on show for Argyle - Dyson got the goals but I thought he was poor (for a League 1 player).