Rosudgeon    2v4    Threemilestone

St Agnes Reserves    2v1    Constantine

St Ives Town Reserves    1v4    Mabe

Trevenson United    5v0    Stithians

Trispen    1v3    Penwith Exiles  

Lockhart Cup

Mullion Reserves    9v0    Goonhavern Athletic Reserves

St.Agnes res 2-1 Constantine
St.Agnes march into the next round with a easy victory over a premier side. Dominating the first half could have been 3 or 4 up by half time but for the Constantine gk and defense. The second half sort of fizzing out with neither team doing much great result and into the next round.

Trispen 1-3 Penwith Exiles.

Poor performance by Trispen but take nothing away from what I would say is one of the best sides we played this season. Penwith deserve the credit for an excellent performance.

Technically a very good side with lots of youthful pace and talent. Best of luck to them in the next round. For us a fair bit of contemplating on our lackluster display going into a huge game next week with Frogpool.

One note, shame a few more didn't come in afterwards for the lovely spread specially as they had a fair entourage with them.

St.Agnes res 2-1 Constantine
St.Agnes march into the next round with a easy victory over a premier side. Dominating the first half could have been 3 or 4 up by half time but for the Constantine gk and defense. The second half sort of fizzing out with neither team doing much great result and into the next round.

me and my dog made the journey down to st ives today to watch st ives vs mabe which mabe won 4-1.  A great victory for mabe who competed very well all over the park against a team 3 leagues above them! mabe took their chances very well with ben "speedy Gonzalez" kellow scoring a hatrick and luke " good aye mate" murrey

scoring a pen. st ives goal came from an og from mabe.

Div 4

Frogpool Reserves 2 - 2 Troon Reserves

An extremely even game. Troon won a penalty about 25 minutes into the game after a rather dubious penalty was given. Fair play to the taker though, put it in the top corner and the keeper had no chance.

Then the first half ended, 35 minutes in. Ten minutes short, in what was the strangest thing I have seen since I started playing.

We came out in the second half strong and fighting, Callum Heaton won a free kick on the right hand side. Charlie Martin whipped in a perfect ball before Tempo headed home from 6 yards.

Troon came on strong after the equalizer though and about five minutes after that they had a shot that deflected off the defender past out stand-in goalkeeper Craig Rothwell who had a more than solid game considering he was just filling in!

After that, Richie Ward flicked it up for Chris Day to score a delightful lob over the unfortunate Troon goalkeeper, who had a fantastic game by the way, and into the far corner.

The game ended at two, two. In truth it was probably a fair result but it could have gone either way with them having a couple of good chances squandered, and the Troon keeper making two fantastic close range saves as well.

See you next week Troon!

Trispen 1 exiles 3 well deserved win today in the cup for exiles dont think trispen were at there best but we will take that win an lookfoward to the quarters vs theemilestone sorry we didnt come in for food i had to take some back to pz as i have work but trispen a good bunch an a big shout out to the reff done a great job, exiles goals from dylan, kyle an mark..

div 4 ludgvan 4 mariners 1.good game on a good pitch played in good spirits and well reffed,i feel the score wasnt a true reflection on the game with mariners missing several chances for different reasons but fair play to good ludgvan side who simply took there chances with help from a sliced own goal,hopefully our finishing is better when we play again next week,got to mention dave "super sub player manager aquero!!" smith who hit the bar with a spectacular scissor kick volley!!! thanks for the food,see you next week

div 4 ludgvan 4 mariners 1.good game on a good pitch played in good spirits and well reffed,i feel the score wasnt a true reflection on the game with mariners missing several chances for different reasons but fair play to good ludgvan side who simply took there chances with help from a sliced own goal,hopefully our finishing is better when we play again next week,got to mention dave "super sub player manager aquero!!" smith who hit the bar with a spectacular scissor kick volley!!! thanks for the food,see you next week

Carharrack 2-3 West Cornwall

West Cornwall took the lead early on with a tidy finish. Which seemed to settle us down and I feel we dominated the first half from there on. Created a lot of chances and put a lot of pressure on but couldn't find the net. Until left back Scott Gilbert found himself in acres at the back stick and smashed home for his first of the season. Then from a long ball from our keeper found Ryan Stephens and I know I said this before, but this goal is now the best I've ever seen. Flicked it up with his right and volleyed left peg on the turn from a long way out. It was outrageous!! Went in 2 1 up at half time.

2nd half was a conplete contrast in my opinion as we were under the cosh for long parts of the 2nd half. West Cornwall made their possession count and equalized just before the hour mark. They pushed on from 2-2 and created some chances but seemed like it was going to be a draw until a tidy ping from 18 yards out very late on gave them the 3 points.

Didn't feel like we deserved to lose the game obviously a hard one to take, but credit where credit is due well played to west Cornwall the first team to beat us at home this season. All the best to w/c for the rest of the season.

Great advert for junior football 

Big result for Camborne Park today 5-0 against a very good footballing side in mawnan, sharpness in the final third and  park's defensive organisation the big difference on the day.....

We played for the full 90 minutes today had good squad of 15 even with still no marcus grasso or matt osborn two very important players for us, but everyone worked their socks off and some sublime attacking play mixed with a very strong and organised defensive performance meant we would beat a good side who turned us over earlier in season...

Real shame only one mawnan chap the linesman came in after the game!!! Especially after earlier in season we was very well beaten and was still in their club for 2 hours or so, Final note the referee paul roberts fantastic performance consistent, let the game flow, dealt with things when needed to and spoke to players.

Local derby against holmans next week always a toughie..... Best luck to mawnan rest of season

Trelawney 5
Storm Reserves 1 v Probus Reserves 3.

Good game played in a friendly atmosphere and for once without rain - hoping for no wind next week!!

Score line flattered Storm a little, who I believe were without some players as Probus had 70% of the possession and probably should have scored a few more with last minutes choices letting them down a bit. Possession and territory in first half was all Probus but couldn't find the net for 30 minutes. Second half started in same vein with Probus extending their lead early on. Game dragged on without Probus securing the victory and then from a long ball and scramble Storm were back in the game with a goal. Started becoming a bit nervous, having missed so many chances after throwing away a lead last week, but game effectively put to bed within minutes with a third Probus goal.
Storm are a great bunch of 'lads' and the game had plenty of fun banter throughout, we wish them all the best for the rest of the season and looking forward to greeting them at ours soon.
Probus scores - Marc William, Tyler Cheshire and Keegan Lloyd.

Four lanes vs marazion

Well reffed Nigel first time ive had the chance to see you for a long time! Cheers buddy. Hope it's not so long next time. Was a good game mate.

Four lanes vs marazion

Well reffed Nigel first time ive had the chance to see you for a long time! Cheers buddy. Hope it's not so long next time. Was a good game mate.

Good to see you too Ralph.Enjoyable game to referee with both teams just getting on with the game.End to end game and possession & territory wise,a draw may have been a fair result.

Well done both teams.

Four lanes vs marazion

Good to see you too Ralph.Enjoyable game to referee with both teams just getting on with the game.End to end game and possession & territory wise,a draw may have been a fair result.
Well done both teams.

I think both teams would agree a draw was a fair one. I think the game flowed was nice mate to be back into it. Hopefully see you soon Nigel.

Bobjfh - a fair reflection on the game. You have a few young lads that wouldn't look out of place a few divisions higher. As you said it was a game played in the right spirits and great banter. We will see you at your place soon. I personally won't as I'll be sunning myself in the canaries.

Gwinear Churchtown Reserves 3 - Falmouth 2

After last weeks mud bath, I didnt think our pitch would hold up for very long, but thanks to the groundsman, it didn't look too bad and didn't cut up too much.

During the warm up, I gave the team a little pep talk, basically saying that if we lost today's game, I believed we'd be out of the title race. With that as our motivation along with the opportunity to steal some points off a team also hoping for promotion, we set to work.

We lost the coin toss and unfortunately and had to play with the wind for the first half (it was rather strong), this went against our initial plans but we soon started creating opportunities. Jason Fenton coming close on a few occasions with his head from our set pieces.
After half hour, a through ball was played down the left side for Dave Bartlam to run onto, beating the challenges from the central defender and keeper, he slotted home quite easily.

Close to the end of the half, a ball was hit by our right back but only as far as the player advancing towards him, who latched on to the rebound and got a shot away, only for Pete Willis to make a good save, but unfortunately palming into the path of an oncoming striker to score.

We made hard work of the first half and didn't really create enough chances from open play.

Half time, Gwinear 1 Falmouth 1

Against the wind for the second half, we knew there was going to be work to do. We created a couple of chances early on but nothing really materialised. With twenty five minutes gone, we had to up our game. A ball was put through to Bartlam who skipped past the defender and ran towards goal. The central defender cut in from the right and threw a challenge in, enough for Bartlam to go down but momentum took over, staying on his feet and hitting wide within a second of the contact. Me personally, I think it was a pen. Central defender says shoulder to shoulder but I personally feel we should have been awarded the spot kick. Had I gone down in the box, I recon a pen was a cert.

We didn't really create much during the second half, we just couldn't execute the final ball. With 15 minutes left, some good play down the left and the Middle saw the ball arrive at Bartlam's feet, he turns and dribble towards goal, only to be fouled on the edge of the box. Centre Back Craig Young steps up to take the free kick, which he hits well but straight at the keeper who can't quite get both hands to it. Adam Soloman is the first to react and hits the ball into the net from a yard, much to the attempts of the keeper to deny it.

It was only minutes after that, some good open play by Falmouth created a chance on the edge of the box for the skipper to hit first time. Although just to the right of our keeper and well within his reach, his view of the ball was obstructed and so he was rooted to the spot as the ball hit the back of the net.

Shortly after, a fantastic through ball was sent through the middle by Soloman, finding Bartlam on the run to volley past the advancing keeper from the edge of the box... But the flag was raised and offside given.

With five minutes left, one of our young promising players, Connor Arthur was released on the right hand side, entering the box and just before crossing, his shirt was pulled, he was stopped and the whistle was blown immediately for the pen. Regular penalty taker Nick Troon remembered all too well that his last pen against Falmouth was saved by the same keeper in the first fixture, and so he wasn't 100% confident. Despite the opportunity to score, he held his hands up and passed the ball to Dave. He slots home to the keepers left to bag the winner.

Our keeper didn't really have a great deal to do today, but when called into action he did his job superbly. Mainly due to the strength of our defence, with Craig Young and Jason Fenton at the heart of defence calling all the shots.
Kris Uren and Nick Troon were also instrumental in the centre of midfield.

All in all, a fair result. I think we created the better chances and were unlucky not to get a pen earlier in the game, with at least two claims being made. Falmouth are a good side, happy to have a bit of banter and were sporting throughout.

Ref was being assessed today and wasnt that bad overall. A few questionable decisions but. You'll get that in any game. He got the big shouts right. Also allowed the game to flow and was happy to talk to the players throughout.

Good luck to Falmouth for the rest of the season, we're looking at you guys to take points off the other big sides for us. Promotion still a realistic goal for us but a lot of teams around us at the moment with games in hand. It's Important tha we keep up the momentum and keep doing what we are doing

Scorerss for Gwin:
Dave Bartlam 2
Adam Soloman

Div 5
Stithians res 2-6 mabe reserves

Mabe scorers: josh Byrd 2, Ben Roberts 2, Tobias denning and Niall Morgan

A game of 2 halves for mabe, 1st half probably the worst we have played all season (no disrespect to stithians intended), 2nd half we got our act together and took control of the game

Stithians took a 2 goal lead after 10 minutes, we switched off at the back from a quick throw in, allowing the striker to run in on goal and slot into the net. 2 goal, the ball was a good yard or so over the line, linesman flagged but red waved play on, even though he was well inside the other half of the pitch, school boy from mabe and we stopped expecting a whistle, striker duly helped himself to his 2nd. We then decided that we would start playing and for our act together. Pushed hard for the remainder of the half, got 1 back with 5 minutes of the 1st half remaining

2nd half and a better footballing performance from mabe. Kept the ball down in the wind and played I would say 43 minutes camped in stithians half, looking for goals. We got our equaliser through a good finish from Ben after 10 minutes, then a 3rd followed shortly after. Some good work by Lewis pellow crossing to the back post for josh to head his 2nd of the day. Our 4 th goal was another good finish by Ben, curling it with his weaker foot, over the keepers head into the top corner, 4-2. We kept pushing for more goals and after coming off the bench, Tabby tried an overhead kick after a throw on was flicked on, good connection took it just too far for the keeper to stop and into the far bottom corner. Then Niall broke his goal drought and toe poked in the 6th with only a couple minutes left on the clock

Game played in good spirits and stithians kept going and trying to find a way back into the game. Credit to the groundsman who had the pitch in good condition considering the weather we have had

Stoke fan, 2 hours is a bit misleading

i am very sorry patch around 1 hour and half, sorry didnt have exact amount of minutes and seconds for you also!

What i do know is we had basically everyone from our team that day was in the club after the game down mawnan! today only person came in from mawnan was their linesman however i do respect his apology... has he understands that we put on food for the whole team and no-one to come in was disrespectful 

All i am saying is as we have all been beat in games but you should still show your face in club after, we've been hammered but still people put effort to put food etc on, not first time it has happened this season all it takes someone say their not staying and can get message to lady in kitchen..... however mawnan chap in the club was expecting the rest and did not understand why they did not come in me too as on field real good bunch

Trelawny League Division 4: Ludgvan Reserves 4-1 St Ives Mariners

Ludgvan maintained their 100% home record this season by recording a hard-fought 4-1 win over St Ives Mariners at Fair Field.

Some energetic running from the visitors put the Hurlers on the back foot early on, so they would have felt aggrieved when a strong run up the middle from Andy Weir resulted in a simple tap-in finish for Liam Barnett to make it 1-0.

St Ives drew themselves level little more than five minutes later when the home side failed to adequately clear a corner, and they would have taken the lead before the break but for a superb block by diminutive left-back Macauley Harris.

That being said, the home side also had a chance to snatch the advantage when a well-struck Tom Ramsey free-kick drew a good save from the Mariners' goalkeeper.

It took a bit of the old half-time 'hair dryer treatment' to get the Hurlers going in this one and the introductions of Henry Rowe (who put in a Man of the Match performance) and new signing Dan Hopkins provided a spark going forward.

Ludgvan were rewarded for their improved display in the second period when pressure up top resulted in one of the Mariners' defence slicing into his own net, before Hopkins grabbed a goal on his debut moments later to make it 3-1.

The visitors appeared to have ran out of steam by the time Jamie Leah was put through on goal by Ben Mills, affording the forward time to lift the ball over the advancing St Ives goalkeeper to stretch his side's lead, but that's not to say they stopped pushing forward in search of a way back into the game.

St Ives will undoubtedly be out for revenge in the reverse fixture at Nancegollan next week, so the Hurlers will have to be 'on their game' from the off in that one.

Ludgvan Reserves: J Fitchett; M Fitchett (Gray), Ramsey, Matthews, M Harris; Mills, Fletcher, T Hannaford, Barnett (Rowe); Weir, J Leah (Hopkins).

PS Cup.

Pendeen Rovers 3 v 2 Helston Thrids.

Pendeen took to the field with no more than 7 players missing from the starting line up due to cup tied and injury.

Never the less Pendeen took the lead after 11 mins, Silas Sullivan scoring with a fine shot. Helston not there to make the numbers up, started to push Pendeen on to the back foot causing alot of panic in the Pendeen defence. A collision in the Pendeen box between Glen Carew and Paul Sweeny ended up with Glen unfortunately putting it in to his own net. Helston finished the first half slightly the better side.

Half Time.

A few stern words from the Pendeen management, Pendeen came out stronger and it was't long before Chris Bullock scored. After that chances went at both ends, the final 3 mins of the game, seen Helston equalize. Pendeen kicked off straight down the other end and seen Man of the Match Silas Sullivan score, and in the process picking up a bad injury, having to leave the field. Never the less Pendeen held their nerve to win.

Well played to Helston, good luck to the rest of the season.

Lady Referee did okay but did seem to lose control of the match towards the end of the game.  

Div 5

Newquay 4ths 1-3 Newlyn Lions

Not too much quality on show yesterday,especially in the first half. It was difficult to see how we are second in league with that below par performance. 0-0 at half time was not what we had anticipated but the few chances we created were despatched with powder puff finishes.

Luckily we regrouped at half time and we played well enough in the second half to deserve the win. Hopefully from our point of view we can up our game for the visit from Mabe next Saturday.

Best of luck to the very young Newquay lads, a nice bunch of guys.

Mark

Newbridge Athletic 4-2 Falmouth DC

It was nice to start a game this week without the rain and instead had some bright sunshine a somewhat rarity so far this season. With two wins on the trot now and slowly climbing up the table Newbridge were looking to make it 3 from 3 but the first half certainly showed it would be no easy task and started very poorly. Falmouth DC started the better of the two teams and had a couple shots just go wide of the post but were well covered by Newbridge keeper Aaron Jones. Falmouth had some quick players in their team and were given a lot of space on the ball linking up their passes very well. Newbridge had a couple of efforts themselves but also off target.

It was just after that the first goal came which started with Sam Joyce making a good but strong tackle on a Falmouth player and putting the ball out for a throw. The Falmouth player then thought it was clever to get up and headbutt Sam in the chest in full sight of the referee. The ref gave nothing and pointed for a throw. Newbridge were still in shock that the player wasn't sent off and weren't switched on and Falmouth DC took the throw and managed to put the ball into the net to take the lead.

Falmouth continued the pressure on Newbridge who were still shaken from the circumstances of the first goal and were lucky to not go 2-0 down on several occasions. Falmouth DC had another attempt well saved by Aaron, the rebound fell to the same player with Aaron stretching his arm out as far as possible whilst on the floor from the first save to save the rebound aswell in an even more excellent save much to the relief of the Newbridge team. Once again came Falmouth and another double save from Aaron kept Newbridge in the game.

Unfortunately Aaron was unable to stop their third attempt, making the initial save but the rebound this time was tucked in to give Falmouth a 2-0 lead.

Newbridge got a goal back before halftime to give themselves a fighting chance in the second half. Some neat passing play put Joe Ashton in to make it 2-1.

Second half was a different story and it was Newbridge who were the better side. They closed the ball down early and gave Falmouth a lot less time on the ball. An early goal just minutes in certainly helped when Ben Montgomery's throw was flicked on by Nick Addey and evaded everyone else to hit the back of the net 2-2. Newbridge now having the momentum continued the pressure on Falmouth and took the lead for the first time in the game in a similar fashion. Another long throw from Ben but this time hitting a Falmouth player and it went into the bottom corner.

Falmouth had a couple of chances to get back in the game with a succession of corners but they were tipped out by Aaron with Falmouth players coming in at the back post or cleared by one of the Newbridge players. Newbridge then put the game out of Falmouth's reach with an excellent pinpoint cross from Elliot Baker and Joe Ashton made it 4-2 to give Newbridge the win and much needed 3 points.

Man of the Match- Aaron Jones, had an excellent first half and kept Newbridge in the game when they could have been 4 or 5 down with the game out of reach.

It was nice to start a game this week without the rain and instead had some bright sunshine a somewhat rarity so far this season. With two wins on the trot now and slowly climbing up the table Newbridge were looking to make it 3 from 3 but the first half certainly showed it would be no easy task and started very poorly. Falmouth DC started the better of the two teams and had a couple shots just go wide of the post but were well covered by Newbridge keeper Aaron Jones. Falmouth had some quick players in their team and were given a lot of space on the ball linking up their passes very well. Newbridge had a couple of efforts themselves but also off target.

It was just after that the first goal came which started with Sam Joyce making a good but strong tackle on a Falmouth player and putting the ball out for a throw. The Falmouth player then thought it was clever to get up and headbutt Sam in the chest in full sight of the referee. The ref gave nothing and pointed for a throw. Newbridge were still in shock that the player wasn't sent off and weren't switched on and Falmouth DC took the throw and managed to put the ball into the net to take the lead.

Falmouth continued the pressure on Newbridge who were still shaken from the circumstances of the first goal and were lucky to not go 2-0 down on several occasions. Falmouth DC had another attempt well saved by Aaron, the rebound fell to the same player with Aaron stretching his arm out as far as possible whilst on the floor from the first save to save the rebound aswell in an even more excellent save much to the relief of the Newbridge team. Once again came Falmouth and another double save from Aaron kept Newbridge in the game.

Unfortunately Aaron was unable to stop their third attempt, making the initial save but the rebound this time was tucked in to give Falmouth a 2-0 lead.

Newbridge got a goal back before halftime to give themselves a fighting chance in the second half. Some neat passing play put Joe Ashton in to make it 2-1.

Second half was a different story and it was Newbridge who were the better side. They closed the ball down early and gave Falmouth a lot less time on the ball. An early goal just minutes in certainly helped when Ben Montgomery's throw was flicked on by Nick Addey and evaded everyone else to hit the back of the net 2-2. Newbridge now having the momentum continued the pressure on Falmouth and took the lead for the first time in the game in a similar fashion. Another long throw from Ben but this time hitting a Falmouth player and it went into the bottom corner.

Falmouth had a couple of chances to get back in the game with a succession of corners but they were tipped out by Aaron with Falmouth players coming in at the back post or cleared by one of the Newbridge players. Newbridge then put the game out of Falmouth's reach with an excellent pinpoint cross from Elliot Baker and Joe Ashton made it 4-2 to give Newbridge the win and much needed 3 points.

Man of the Match- Aaron Jones, had an excellent first half and kept Newbridge in the game when they could have been 4 or 5 down with the game out of reach.

How has this lad not been signed up by one of Europe's top clubs? Faultless displays every week according to the reports. 

How has this lad not been signed up by one of Europe's top clubs? Faultless displays every week according to the reports. 

You clearly don't read every report, as couple weeks ago was complete the opposite, i made mistakes and put them in the write up like i said i would and no one comments at all. But as soon as i put i have had a good performance you jump on the bandwagon with comments like this. Just thinks it is pathetic you only comment when i have a good performance.

Div 2

Marazion 4-0 St Just Res

Not our best performance by a country mile but good enough to get the three points and keep us in touch with the leaders. Started the game well with a high tempo but seemed to go into coasting mode for much of the first half. We had all the ball in the St Just half but just chose the wrong options time after time. Dale Vigus opened the scoring in the first half when his shot deflected of a defender and into the back of the net. He then became the provider when Liam Mooney got to his cross before the defender and keeper, diverting the ball into the back of the net. 2-0 at half time.

A rocket from the management team at half time and we came out a bit more up for it. Liam Mooney got his second when the St Just keeper allowed a Matty Thomas cross slip through his legs for Liam to tap in from 2 yards out. Liam then repaid the favour with a neat chip over the last St Just defender for Matty to run on to. With the keeper advancing Matty tried to go around him but with a defender blocking his path he turned them both and fired in our 4th. To be fair the amount of chances we had this should have been double figures but with a combination of fine keeping, dogged defending, poor finishing and the wood work we only manage 4.

Credit to St Just they battled until the final whistle but Kevin in goal didn't have one shot to save during the match and their only shot went high, wide and not very handsome.

Ref had an easy game with no real bad challenges and only the usual moans about minor decisions made.

Kevin Waite

Anthony Stott

James Burlingham

Adam Martin

Scott James

Craig Rennard

Dale Vigus 1

Steve Hunt

Sanjay Vadgama

Matty Thomas 1

Liam Mooney 2

Subs

Jack Ralph

Alex Monaghan

MOM - Dale Vigus : Scored, assisted and controlled the tempo of the game, although moaned all the way through it

To be fair to Aaron he is the keeper and  obviously writing the report ,he will have more to say about incidents during the game he is involved in.Most writing  any sort of in-depth reports on here i presume  are doing it from the touchline. Keep it up Aaron and you never know when real Madrid might come calling.

Trelawney 5
Storm Reserves 1 v Probus Reserves 3.

Good game played in a friendly atmosphere and for once without rain - hoping for no wind next week!!

Score line flattered Storm a little, who I believe were without some players as Probus had 70% of the possession and probably should have scored a few more with last minutes choices letting them down a bit. Possession and territory in first half was all Probus but couldn't find the net for 30 minutes. Second half started in same vein with Probus extending their lead early on. Game dragged on without Probus securing the victory and then from a long ball and scramble Storm were back in the game with a goal. Started becoming a bit nervous, having missed so many chances after throwing away a lead last week, but game effectively put to bed within minutes with a third Probus goal.
Storm are a great bunch of 'lads' and the game had plenty of fun banter throughout, we wish them all the best for the rest of the season and looking forward to greeting them at ours soon.
Probus scores - Marc William, Tyler Cheshire and Keegan Lloyd.

being out of Local football for 11 months, this was my first game back, Probus have some quality individuals in their team, with a little more experiance they will definitely destroy a lot of teams within Div 5 right up to Div 2/3.

Great game to be part of, Probus were a good bunch and will do well.

Young Ref who had a decent game, consistant and always happy to talk through a decision, all in all a great game!