Brixham       2-3            Torpoint Athletic

Falmouth Town      P-P      Welton Rovers

Helston Ath   3-1     Nailsea & Tickenham

Ilfracombe Town     P-P    Shepton Mallet

St Blazey   P-P     Oldland Abbotonians

Street    P-P          Millbrook

Wellington     P-P      Buckland Athletic

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 4 November 2023

You'd look at that Saltash result and think- Bridgwater won.

They did... but we hit the post twice from Tylor L-H, hit a heck of a goal from Ethan Wright and gave them a hell of a fight and fright. 

For a side hitting the top today- Bridgwater were very... reasonable. But not title winners nor a patch on the Bridgwater of last season IMHO. 

First visit to the Waterways in almost a year. Firstly, well done to ground staff in getting the game on. I think the heavy pitch may have been a bit of a leveller, but the Ashes really impressed me with their energy, commitment and much better standard of football. They certainly looked better than their league standing. Phil is entirely right. Bridgy were pushed all the way.

I wouldn’t  judge the visitors on a one-off game. After all hey still got over the line and claimed the 3 points.

With no games on anywhere else locally, allied to the fact Bridgwater brought a fair few supporters, the attendance of 97 was seriously poor. Take away neutrals like myself, onlookers from Parkway, Truro, Liskeard and others then the base support for Saltash is worryingly small.

6 hours ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

First visit to the Waterways in almost a year. Firstly, well done to ground staff in getting the game on. I think the heavy pitch may have been a bit of a leveller, but the Ashes really impressed me with their energy, commitment and much better standard of football. They certainly looked better than their league standing. Phil is entirely right. Bridgy were pushed all the way.

I wouldn’t  judge the visitors on a one-off game. After all hey still got over the line and claimed the 3 points.

With no games on anywhere else locally, allied to the fact Bridgwater brought a fair few supporters, the attendance of 97 was seriously poor. Take away neutrals like myself, onlookers from Parkway, Truro, Liskeard and others then the base support for Saltash is worryingly small.

That's to be fair the lowest crowd by some distance at Waterway. 

Argyle home, 2pm kick off, and perhaps people thought it was going to be off and made plans. Then we surprised everyone by playing. 

7 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Only Brixham out of the three WL games played got over 100. Almost makes one wonder if it’s worth getting the games on when the weather is dodgy!

Seriously worrying for the hierarchy at Helston ,only 62 in attendance.A lack of supporter facilities or a protest vote at losing another local lad to Wadebridge ?

1 hour ago, mattelot said:

Seriously worrying for the hierarchy at Helston ,only 62 in attendance.A lack of supporter facilities or a protest vote at losing another local lad to Wadebridge ?

Wadebridge are another nursery club for Helston!! Thought you would have known that nige. Where were all your loyal volunteers yesterday? Not trying to get the game on obviously. Or did you get a few drops of rain in the boogie box again. Maybe a few injuries too??🤔🤔🤔🤔🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, mattelot said:

Helston are a double cup winning side from last season, who are 3 pts off the top of the table this time around and with a game in hand. Makes you wonder what would make the people of the town support them. They do all the things that other clubs have been criticised for not doing (several mens sides, women's teams and run a large youth set up), yet still can't interest the locals. 

9 minutes ago, le boss said:

Wadebridge are another nursery club for Helston!! Thought you would have known that nige. Where were all your loyal volunteers yesterday? Not trying to get the game on obviously. Or did you get a few drops of rain in the boogie box again. Maybe a few injuries too??🤔🤔🤔🤔🤣🤣🤣

Aaaaah there you are bash ! It's Guy Fawkes day.Just thought I'd light the blue touch paper and stand well back. The loyal volunteers have been working on the pitch all week to no avail,as well as working on extending the Conway rd end stand for spectator comfort .

Even though the game was postponed yesterday we still had 133 people turn up with their donations for the 1rst of 4 collections for the local food bank and for the unveiling of a memorial bench in the ground in honour of 2 F troopers that have sadly passed away.

6 minutes ago, mattelot said:

Aaaaah there you are bash ! It's Guy Fawkes day.Just thought I'd light the blue touch paper and stand well back. The loyal volunteers have been working on the pitch all week to no avail,as well as working on extending the Conway rd end stand for spectator comfort .

Even though the game was postponed yesterday we still had 133 people turn up with their donations for the 1rst of 4 collections for the local food bank and for the unveiling of a memorial bench in the ground in honour of 2 F troopers that have sadly passed away.

Nige Just seen the unveiling on the F T Face Book,  that bench looks ideal I may make a reservation to come and see a game weather permitting-Its been a long time just watching video clips

15 hours ago, Philheybrookbay said:

You'd look at that Saltash result and think- Bridgwater won.

They did... but we hit the post twice from Tylor L-H, hit a heck of a goal from Ethan Wright and gave them a hell of a fight and fright. 

For a side hitting the top today- Bridgwater were very... reasonable. But not title winners nor a patch on the Bridgwater of last season IMHO. 

The sign of any good team,is when they have to dig deep and win games when they are not at there best.

Bridgwater were not at there best today but the difference is over the last few seasons and trust me I’ve seen it happen a lot of times following them,Bridgwater would of lost games like this,But they are learning that in this league no games are easy and you can’t just turn up thinking your going to win,some games you have to win ugly. The question is are they possible league winners? My honest opinion is they have the squad to go very close in a very competitive league where finishing in the top five this season makes it so much more competitive,it’s going to be an interesting and exciting season for all involved.best wishes to every team and enjoy your football🔴

4 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Helston are a double cup winning side from last season, who are 3 pts off the top of the table this time around and with a game in hand. Makes you wonder what would make the people of the town support them. They do all the things that other clubs have been criticised for not doing (several mens sides, women's teams and run a large youth set up), yet still can't interest the locals. 

Unfortunately IMO, the lack of meaningful cover/shelter (i.e. wrong side of the pitch) is unlikely to attract floating supporters in inclement weather conditions. Mousehole seem to have stolen a march on them with their set up and style of play. Personally, I think they would have bigger crowds if they weren’t doing so well on the pitch with more local players. I must admit after their successful campaign last year I’m surprised. 

25 minutes ago, mattelot said:

Nice gesture

3 minutes ago, Yourhavingalaugh said:

Unfortunately IMO, the lack of meaningful cover/shelter (i.e. wrong side of the pitch) is unlikely to attract floating supporters in inclement weather conditions. Mousehole seem to have stolen a march on them with their set up and style of play. Personally, I think they would have bigger crowds if they weren’t doing so well on the pitch with more local players. I must admit after their successful campaign last year I’m surprised. 

What team at this level has a team full of local players? 
Agree with your comments re shelter etc and something that might need addressing moving forward. Club has come a long way in a few years but no Ezra Chapman builder type on board as yet🤣🤣🤣

12 minutes ago, le boss said:

Nice gesture

Agree with your comments re shelter etc and something that might need addressing moving forward. Club has come a long way in a few years but no Ezra Chapman builder type on board as yet🤣🤣🤣

It’s all about small consistent gains and building on them ie a few more local players provides a connection from the community to the club (Illogan is a great example of this); more shelter to enclose the ground more. I haven’t watched Truro for years, but I watched them the most when they had localish players from Helston, Bodmin, St Austell etc, and wanting them to do well. I’ve sure Helston will get bigger crowds as it gets nearer to the business end of season.

10 minutes ago, Yourhavingalaugh said:

It’s all about small consistent gains and building on them ie a few more local players provides a connection from the community to the club (Illogan is a great example of this); more shelter to enclose the ground more. I haven’t watched Truro for years, but I watched them the most when they had localish players from Helston, Bodmin, St Austell etc, and wanting them to do well. I’ve sure Helston will get bigger crowds as it gets nearer to the business end of season.

No disrespect to Illogan but their local players are probably only capable of playing that standard of football. You cannot pick a successful team based on postcode and this is more and more pertinent the higher up the pyramid you go. Not enough local talent to go round especially when the up and coming youngsters discover the wide world out there and move away. 

50 minutes ago, Yourhavingalaugh said:

Assuming Truro are back in their home city next season (at a modern ground with good spectator facilities), and hopefully playing at step 2 level, do people think that this will have a detrimental effect on the gates for other clubs in the area? Thinking specifically of the floaters that currently go to Falmouth and Helston.

2 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Assuming Truro are back in their home city next season (at a modern ground with good spectator facilities), and hopefully playing at step 2 level, do people think that this will have a detrimental effect on the gates for other clubs in the area? Thinking specifically of the floaters that currently go to Falmouth and Helston.

In short - no

5 hours ago, le boss said:

Nice gesture

Ezra Chapman hasn't been associated with Mousehole AFC for nearly 5 years now. Success has to be attributed to hard work of volunteer committee backing up squad and Jake Ash who works wonders. 👍💚

18 minutes ago, Drumming Nutter said:

Ezra Chapman hasn't been associated with Mousehole AFC for nearly 5 years now. Success has to be attributed to hard work of volunteer committee backing up squad and Jake Ash who works wonders. 👍💚

Oh really? The bar tills and the turnstiles must be red hot then. 

4 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Floaters .......... fnar fnar

20 hours ago, le boss said:

Oh really? The bar tills and the turnstiles must be red hot then. 

Not really, but its no secret that we are a centre of excellence (training), have a full compliment of sponsors including Nike & TOVO academy and a very successful adjoining campsite.

No millionaires required, just very hard work and sound business management.

https://www.kitlocker.com/mouseholeafc/

18 hours ago, le boss said:

Absolutely. Mousehole kids lucky to have that academy on their doorstep. 

Mousehole has a population of about 700 (mostly OAP's) in fact the club is based in the village of Paul (population 170).

Do you really expect all the players to be local. ?  Ask yourself why players & coaches want to come to Mousehole.

Seems whatever is said, and with total frankness to boot, nothing will remove the jealousy blinkers.

If indeed it was all about £££'s surely Helston would have been steps above years ago ? 

Those involved in the club (myself to a degree) know how tight things are, and how much hard work goes into the day to day running and finance.

Believe whatever you want to believe, there is no point continuing this debate.

On 07/11/2023 at 14:24, Drumming Nutter said:

Mousehole has a population of about 700 (mostly OAP's) in fact the club is based in the village of Paul (population 170).

Do you really expect all the players to be local. ?  Ask yourself why players & coaches want to come to Mousehole.

Seems whatever is said, and with total frankness to boot, nothing will remove the jealousy blinkers.

If indeed it was all about £££'s surely Helston would have been steps above years ago ? 

Those involved in the club (myself to a degree) know how tight things are, and how much hard work goes into the day to day running and finance.

Believe whatever you want to believe, there is no point continuing this debate.

Interesting read about your crowd funding. Perhaps reduce what is paid to the players and put it towards your vision of the future. And that is not a sarcastic suggestion. Or go get a “millionaire “ - but that is!!🤣🤣🤣

33 minutes ago, le boss said:

Interesting read about your crowd funding. Perhaps reduce what is paid to the players and put it towards your vision of the future. And that is not a sarcastic suggestion. Or go get a “millionaire “ - but that is!!🤣🤣🤣

That's a very apt comment coming from a Helston supporter Bash.:thumbsup: