Cornwall Football Forum

WILL PEOPLE PLEASE STOP BEING A PRATT

The Combellack Vehicle Recyclers ECPL fixtures are posted on a Thursday.  With the results shown as and when.  So why numerous different postings about the same matches.

The other thing is that the league has a sponsor.  The Combellack Vehicle Recyclers. ECPL.  Sponsors pay money to have their name mentioned.  Please have the courtesy to use the sponsors full name when posting.  If not we lose our sponsors.   

• ECPL changed the title to WILL PEOPLE PLEASE TOP BEING A PRATT
  • ECPL changed the title to WILL PEOPLE PLEASE STOP BEING A PRATT
2 minutes ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

ECPL can you not be so insulting please. People associate your username with the league and it's not ideal. Most don't know who you actually are.

Can’t see the reason behind trying to stop people advertising OUR league , the league will certainly agree that we have previously been behind the times with social media etc and getting the ECP League noticed. I think we would all agree that Callum is doing a fantastic job of promoting the league. Keep up the good work @Foul Throw 3

What rubbish. 

The league is sponsored. The league authorities has the obligation to mention the generous sponsor if that's what they have agreed. 

You cannot dictate the details of social media interaction from clubs or individuals. Twitter for example has a limited number characters and they won't be keen to waste some of those. 

The Fulltime website still has the old sponsor logo RRL and is called the RRL East Cornwall Premier League. You might want to fix that first before kicking off at members of the public on a social forum supreme leader Kim Jong-ECPL

33 minutes ago, BoratSagdiyev said:

What rubbish. 

The league is sponsored. The league authorities has the obligation to mention the generous sponsor if that's what they have agreed. 

You cannot dictate the details of social media interaction from clubs or individuals. Twitter for example has a limited number characters and they won't be keen to waste some of those. 

The Fulltime website still has the old sponsor logo RRL and is called the RRL East Cornwall Premier League. You might want to fix that first before kicking off at members of the public on a social forum supreme leader Kim Jong-ECPL

Good spot! I think I can change that. The WGS has the league titled correctly so for some reason the data hasn’t merged. Same with the logo. I’ll do some digging and see if I can correct it. 

I am not being insulting.  For years I was the unofficial press officer of the league.  I felt I could not make it official because I was being paid for doing match reports etc for the Cornish Times, Sunday Independent and the Plymouth Herald and felt it would be a conflict of interests.  The Herald decided to drop the league and the Independent was just a joke and destroyed local football which left me writing just for the Cornish Times and continuing to promote the league as much as I can.  I no longer get paid but have felt obligated to continue my support for the league.  I am virtually housebound due to illness and unfortunately no longer drive. This is disappointing as I am no longer able to get to matches to take pictures and meet up with everyone.  So please cut out the infantile comments.  Over the years I have always put the league first despite sometimes heavy criticism.  Its funny I am still here but the Sunday Independent is not.  This has been a great loss to local football as people used to bust a gut to get reports in. Sponsorship is vital for football and the ECPL has over the years been blessed with plenty of sponsorship in both the league and cups.  These people run a business and every bit of publicity is needed to repay their support.  So if you are going to post comments please use the full name of the league in your heading.     

23 minutes ago, ECPL said:

I am not being insulting.  For years I was the unofficial press officer of the league.  I felt I could not make it official because I was being paid for doing match reports etc for the Cornish Times, Sunday Independent and the Plymouth Herald and felt it would be a conflict of interests.  The Herald decided to drop the league and the Independent was just a joke and destroyed local football which left me writing just for the Cornish Times and continuing to promote the league as much as I can.  I no longer get paid but have felt obligated to continue my support for the league.  I am virtually housebound due to illness and unfortunately no longer drive. This is disappointing as I am no longer able to get to matches to take pictures and meet up with everyone.  So please cut out the infantile comments.  Over the years I have always put the league first despite sometimes heavy criticism.  Its funny I am still here but the Sunday Independent is not.  This has been a great loss to local football as people used to bust a gut to get reports in. Sponsorship is vital for football and the ECPL has over the years been blessed with plenty of sponsorship in both the league and cups.  These people run a business and every bit of publicity is needed to repay their support.  So if you are going to post comments please use the full name of the league in your heading.     

You can’t tell people what to write or do pal.  It’s a forum for everyone! 👍

3 hours ago, ECPL said:

You have also got to understand that we all do this voluntarily too, and after a game we have to sort Bars, Food, Changing Rooms, Team Sheets, Matchday App,Referee, Kit, Toilets, Corner Flags, missing match balls, Floodlights, Fines and supporters so are not always available to send a text message the second the referee has blown his whistle.

18 hours ago, ECPL said:

I am not being insulting.  

You called a fellow forum user an idiot.

That is insulting.

As someone else has pointed out, perhaps get your own house in order re. updating league names before lambasting the volunteers at each club.

@Dave Deaconcan you change the name of the main forum link? The other leagues do actually have their sponsor mentioned! 😂 Help @ECPL to keep his toys in his pram.