Cornwall Football Forum

VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS OF HELSTON ATHLETIC V BRIDGWATER UTD

Piran

Helston looked really poor in the highlights .  
harsh red cards to be fair 2 yellows would have been enough  

bently with a game to forgot  

also Tyler Elliot looked really poor  started season well but looks off the pace  and gave the ball away countless times  

Bridgewater deserved the win looking at the chances 

2 hours ago, bighairydave said:

And two chances from Bowker and Colwell which should have resulted in goals. But as usual an agenda against the referee. 

No agenda my friend other than a desire to bring you, what I hope is a set of highlights that offer a good story and true reflection of the game. No picture of the ref on the thumbnail. But we love talking controversy don't we?

1 hour ago, FutureGK said:

Bridgewater clearly the better side on the day , Cory kept the score line respectable for Helston… 

Cory was my man of the match. He kept Helston in the game. A class goalkeeper.

50 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Helston looked really poor in the highlights .  
harsh red cards to be fair 2 yellows would have been enough  

bently with a game to forgot  

also Tyler Elliot looked really poor  started season well but looks off the pace  and gave the ball away countless times  

Bridgewater deserved the win looking at the chances 

Have a look at the curve on that brilliant pass from the Bridgwater midfielder and the spin on the bounce and you can see how that might explain how Bentley gave away the penalty. I am looking at this from a defender's point of view. Bit like being bowled by a good spinner.

Just now, Piran said:

Have a look at the curve on that brilliant pass from the Bridgwater midfielder and the spin on the bounce and you can see how that might explain how Bentley gave away the penalty. I am looking at this from a defender's point of view. Bit like being bowled by a good spinner.

It was definitely a pen he just hung his leg in there to be fair and the player gone over. More of a pen then the tucker one where he completely dived. .  A Brilliant pass your correct 

30 minutes ago, Piran said:

Great footage as ever. Do you have any pre or post match interviews?

On 23/01/2022 at 21:48, THEMAGPIE said:

I can’t see the media coverage from Helston continuing if this form carries on, at what point do you stop promoting your own losses publicly 🤷‍♂️

The key word is “if”. Not sure Steve Massey would want this dip to continue much longer. To be fair, with the exception of the Shelton Mallet game I think I am right in saying the defeats have been by the single goal. Steve has shown a great deal of loyalty to his players.

On 25/01/2022 at 09:35, Piran said:

The key word is “if”. Not sure Steve Massey would want this dip to continue much longer. To be fair, with the exception of the Shelton Mallet game I think I am right in saying the defeats have been by the single goal. Steve has shown a great deal of loyalty to his players.

On 23/01/2022 at 21:48, THEMAGPIE said:

I can’t see the media coverage from Helston continuing if this form carries on, at what point do you stop promoting your own losses publicly 🤷‍♂️

Another reason why Helston invest in a professional videographer is that the footage can be used to appeal Red cards. You may have heard this afternoon that Jordan Bentley's red card was rescinded and will play tomorrow at Ilfracombe.

2 hours ago, The Observer__ said:

The coverage is professional? I thought it was a school project! 

I guess I asked for that LOL!

My comparison was with other non league clubs up and down the country.

It was a bit of a derogatory comment levelled against school kids as well. One student I had on work experience is very talented (Helston lad by the name of Aiden Vincent as it happens) and now working full time with a large video production co. after studying film at Uni. 

You can’t fault Steve passion and he obviously paying out a small fortune on them but his players are letting him down massively 

But to be honest signing Bentley , Colwell and Orlando was just absolutely  pointless. All 3 don’t improve your team and it’s showing 

stu bowker gets a lot of abuse and he been loyal when he seen all the best players around  leave     ,but in all honesty he better then helston and deserve to be playing in a better team. 

10 minutes ago, quiksilver said:

The latest red card will likely get overturned as well 

Very dodgy ground all this red card overturning. Ref being shown up being poor Also he doesn’t have 3 hours of Twitter analysis when he makes a split second decision  ? Also clubs that don’t film games have to just accept decisions. Won’t be  long till refs refuse to ref a game being filmed locally unfortunately