Cornwall Football Forum

RRL ECPL FIXTURES SATURDAY 8TH FEBRUARY

Fixtures All 2:30pm ko

Foxhole v North Petherwin (Home win awarded)

Looe Town v St Minver (Postponed)

Newquay 0 Veryan 4

St Cleer 5 Padstow United 1

St Dominick 7 St Blazey 0

St Stephen 2 Roche 5

St Teath 1 Gerrans & St Mawes 3

Devon Premier Cup Quarter Final

Mount Gould 3 Tavistock 3 (Mount Gould win 3-1 on penalty kicks)  

This weekend's predictions...

Foxhole to beat North Petherwin at home comfortably 

Looe vs St Minver is probably tie of the weekend with Looe having some good form in 2020. Tough one to predict and i'll sit on the fence and go for a score draw.

Newquay vs Veryan has to be an away win. Veryan can't afford to lose ground on the chasing pack for promotion places.

St Cleer vs Padstow will likely be a high scoring win for the home side.

Likewise for St Dom at home vs St Blazey

St Stephen vs Roche a bit of a derby, with CC9 against his old side I believe? Could be an interesting one, I predict home win.

St Teath vs GSM another interesting one. I imagine GSM have too much strenght and know how against a young St Teath squad.

Good luck to MG in the next round of their Devon Premier Cup vs Tavi. 

Failed to field a side and play a fixture wow 😯 just wow I couldn’t be more upset 😢 disappointed 😞 gutted and angry 😤 sorry to everyone at Foxhole I truly am the club Iv worked so hard with to be in this situation is gutting!! Sorry to all your volunteers and helpers who I’m sure were busy at the pitch this morning!! 

38 minutes ago, dave bunt said:

Foxhole v North Petherwin cancelled, away team can't raise a side

11 minutes ago, ChiefBadgers said:

Failed to field a side and play a fixture wow 😯 just wow I couldn’t be more upset 😢 disappointed 😞 gutted and angry 😤 sorry to everyone at Foxhole I truly am the club Iv worked so hard with to be in this situation is gutting!! Sorry to all your volunteers and helpers who I’m sure were busy at the pitch this morning!! 

I think everyone appreciates how much time and effort goes into all sides by a few club members but we are in strange and troubling times, ironically Petherwin Reserves have themselves been handed a walkover in the Duchy Lge today as St Anns Chapel continue to struggle to raise a side. We must have nearly reached rock bottom, surely.

It’s a real shame every club I speak too football or other sports like general working life people just aren’t bothered anymore!! This generation coming through now want it all given to them and give nothing back!! I run my own flooring company and can’t get hard working driven people and every trade I speak to says the same! I really find it hard to see where local football and other sports will be in 20 years time 

St dominic 7 - 0 st blazey 

entertaining game st Dom cruised to victory again with st Dom number 12 (I think Ryall) notching another 4 

handbags galore second half and was surprised not to see any action taken on any of the blazey players who grabbed a st dom number 10 around the throat and hit in the back of the head by another 

6 hours ago, dave bunt said:

Foxhole v North Petherwin cancelled, away team can't raise a side

Yes it's desperate at the moment,  club volunteers are literally getting stomach ulcers ringing and messaging every minute to try and make it work.  This weekend was exceptionally low as 5 regulars were injured/ holiday/ seasonal working, but it's a 1st time for us and it feels sickening. 

8 hours ago, ChiefBadgers said:

Bash, you shouldn’t have to apologise mate, the people continuing to let you down should be apologising. We all know how hard you’ve worked to get NP senior status and I can imagine how gutted you feel, my best wishes go out to you and anything I can do to help don’t be afraid to ask mate. Keep fighting x

6 hours ago, Grassrootsgary said:

St dominic 7 - 0 st blazey 

entertaining game st Dom cruised to victory again with st Dom number 12 (I think Ryall) notching another 4 

handbags galore second half and was surprised not to see any action taken on any of the blazey players who grabbed a st dom number 10 around the throat and hit in the back of the head by another 

35 goals now for Ryall, some record for a 20 year old. 
wasn’t there today but heard that it could of been double figures for the Doms. 

7 minutes ago, LiamCheeks1 said:

Not the best of days for us today although at Dominick had their fair bit of luck. I came on and hit bar 3 times and missed 2 pens!! Bad day at the office. Big dog had their striker by the throat as he nailed his brother in a bad tackle, lucky he didn’t knock his head off lol 

Were you at the same game I was watching? St dom could of had 12+ easily, and barely got out of second gear 

9 minutes ago, LiamCheeks1 said:

Score line 100 percent flattered you. Take it you are one of the supporters that was abusing our goal keeper in 2nd half? 

Your desperate attempt to create false stories isn’t working as I’m not even a st dom supporter I’m not associated with the club in any way. I came to watch as a neutral

11 hours ago, LiamCheeks1 said:

Score line 100 percent flattered you. Take it you are one of the supporters that was abusing our goal keeper in 2nd half? 

I think from what I’ve heard the abuse wasn’t wrong as he hit Kieran Prescott around the back of the head. 
As for the score line out keeper apparently had nothing to do, and with the chances we missed the should of been nearer 15, as our manager said the finishing was poor in the second half. 

On ‎09‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 11:55, LiamCheeks1 said:

Totally disagree. On another day we could of had our fair share of goals. I came off the bench and hit the bar 3 times with some really good efforts. And missed two pens. Still rusty after being out with my knee. No one hit any of your players on the back of the head, complete rubbish. Wouldn’t be scared of taking you back to blazey with a full squad 

Best thing I've seen on here for a while.  "Wouldn't be scared of taking you back to blazey with a full squad".  Your first team wouldn't beat St Dom let alone your reserves that have won just the 1 game in 17 !! hahaha. :yahoo:

3 hours ago, Persil said:

Best thing I've seen on here for a while.  "Wouldn't be scared of taking you back to blazey with a full squad".  Your first team wouldn't beat St Dom let alone your reserves that have won just the 1 game in 17 !! hahaha. :yahoo:

I think this was the score when they did play us early in the season at their place 🤣🤣🤣🤣

E52AB92B-DDF2-48EB-A6B3-E0BFA4A34976.png

I fully commend you fielding a side by any means to avoid throwing the game, well done for that!  But lets be serious here, yes, St Dom are far from world beaters you are right, but unless your "full squad" includes half a side of tidy south western league players then there is no chance of getting anywhere near them!  As I said previously, your first team wouldn't beat them currently so you boys got no chance!

The optimism is great, but you'll need all the planets to align to get out of the bottom 3. You boys wont even get 15 points! :yahoo:

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/02/2020 at 09:49, Persil said:

I fully commend you fielding a side by any means to avoid throwing the game, well done for that!  But lets be serious here, yes, St Dom are far from world beaters you are right, but unless your "full squad" includes half a side of tidy south western league players then there is no chance of getting anywhere near them!  As I said previously, your first team wouldn't beat them currently so you boys got no chance!

The optimism is great, but you'll need all the planets to align to get out of the bottom 3. You boys wont even get 15 points! :yahoo:

A team with half a side of south western -players? So basically like St Cleer aka liskeard firsts then👀