Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL League Cup Semi-Final details

Mount Gould  v  Foxhole - Saturday,29th February (2.00) - Replacing scheduled League Fixture

St.Dominick v Plymouth Marjon - Saturday,29th February (2.00). The League game, St.Dominick v Veryan is postponed and will now be on Saturday, 21st.March

Please note the player qualification is to have played 5 League or Cup games. The Final is scheduled for Easter Sunday (12th.April) 3.00 - usually at St.Blazey. Any League fixtures on Saturday 11th.April scheduled for the Finalists will be postponed.

40 minutes ago, ECPL said:

ARE YOU BORED DD  I deal with ECPL or do you want to do it.  Happy to hand over 

Dave Deacon obviously had these details sent to him, and as you hadn't yet posted he thought he would post them. Perhaps instead a polite private message asking him to remove so you could do you posting would have been better rather than being an ignorant and rude person!?

No, because he is a serial offender.  I don't happen to sit in front of my computer 24 hours a day.   This information was sent to me at 21:50 hours.  I posted immediately on opening my computer.   I assume he was copied in and received it at the same time I did.  Why do people post such disgusting comments.  I just pointed out a fact.    

6 hours ago, ECPL said:

No, because he is a serial offender.  I don't happen to sit in front of my computer 24 hours a day.   This information was sent to me at 21:50 hours.  I posted immediately on opening my computer.   I assume he was copied in and received it at the same time I did.  Why do people post such disgusting comments.  I just pointed out a fact.    

I do wonder why you post such disgusting comments. How is DD to know that you aren’t away, on holiday, ill or in some way unable to post? By posting he is adding to publicity for your league so shouldn’t be too much of a problem. This topic along with your slagging off of @B Manning has in my opinion lost you any credibility you had.

12 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Mount Gould  v  Foxhole - Saturday,29th February (2.00) - Replacing scheduled League Fixture

St.Dominick v Plymouth Marjon - Saturday,29th February (2.00). The League game, St.Dominick v Veryan is postponed and will now be on Saturday, 21st.March

Please note the player qualification is to have played 5 League or Cup games. The Final is scheduled for Easter Sunday (12th.April) 3.00 - usually at St.Blazey. Any League fixtures on Saturday 11th.April scheduled for the Finalists will be postponed.

Thanks Dave. Your post will be appreciated by many, particularly the eligibility part which would’ve helped in the last round. 
It’s a shame ECPL’s posts are so distasteful. Maybe more followers of the league would contribute to the forum if he wasn’t spouting such negativity all the time. 

I think it is time I enlightened you.

For a start I use the Nom de plume ECPL so that people will know I am posting predominantly about the league. In case you didn't know it my name is Dave Potham and all opinions are my own.

Secondly although asked many times by the league I am NOT their press officer. I get paid for what I do so being asked to be Press officer would put me in an awkward position. But I am given regular information to post on this web site. So yes I am if you like I am an unofficial mouth piece for the league.

In regards to this particular topic I can give you the facts. I like DD - who was copied in was sent an email by the league timed 9:50pm advising me of the cup draw for me to post it on the web site.

I eventually opened my computer about 11ish and saw the message so immediately posted it on the web site.

I then looked at this web site again and saw that the details had already been posted by DD. Hence my follow up posting.

I received a telephone call from DD at tea time today who told me he approached the league to ask them what responsibility I had with the league. I have posted in the past my role as the link between me and the league so I will repeat it. They tell me what they want posted whether it be by phone or email and as soon as I can, I post what ever the information I am given.

DD is copied in to any correspondence given and I have absolutely no problem with that.

So my point is - why in less than an hour of receiving the information and unbeknown to me DD has decided to post that information. Knowing that I would be posting it anyway. So the question is why ?

In his telephone call to me he tried to come across as being concerned at why I posted my comments. The answer is simple. I will do my job and you do yours. He approached me at a league cup final at Nanpean a couple of years ago and I gave him short shrift then and I will do it again. He is one of the reasons why I have refrained of late posting any comments on here. Putting it bluntly I do not like the man and have no intention of being 'his friend'. He says we are all supposed to be pushing in the same direction. I agree but pushing against each other seems to be what he wants. So be it.

I said at the time I would only be posting subjects of interest about the ECPL which I will continue to do unless advised otherwise.

So if DD wants to think before posting then I am sure he will take the point.

I’m 100% behind ECPL on this, in fact, as far behind as is humanly possible. What a 🔔🚫
Banter is one thing, personal abuse is quite another. Mr. Manning should show him a red card:SM_carton:Mr Deacon should send him off, and the East Cornwall Premier League should get itself a press officer with dignity, who doesn’t bring the League into disrepute