Cornwall Football Forum

WEDNESDAY 25 SEPTEMBER 2019

WEDNESDAY 25 SEPTEMBER 

CORNWALL CHARITY CUP, First Round

Godolphin Atlantic   1-1   Camelford (at 90 mins and aet, Godolphin win 6-5 on pens)

Penzance   9-3   St Dennis

Porthleven   0-6   Mousehole

Saltash United   4-3   Bodmin Town (3-3 at 90 mins)

Sticker   1-6   Helston Athletic

DEVON ST LUKES, First Round

Bovey Tracey   6-0   Torrington

Elmore   1-1   Elburton Villa (Elmore win 4-2 on pens)

Sidmouth Town   3-2  Dartmouth

Stoke Gabriel   H/W   Torridgeside

Great value for money at Penzance this evening, goals galore! Also great to see The young lad Anton Oliver get a hatrick for Pz. Watched this boy a few times over the years at Illogan in the combo and it’s nice to see him testing himself at a higher level... and doing very well. Penzance have a good young side on their hands there, hopefully they can keep hold of them all

Watched Saltash vs Bodmin also.  An under par Saltash put in what can only be described as a disjointed performance as they combat unavailability due to injury I was told by some Of the home support. 

At 3-1 down Bodmin looked the only team winning the contest but then from nowhere Saltash hit back and could have won it in 90 mins. 

The Bodmin dug out was a complete shambles. The way they behaved and tried to intimidate the officials was nothing short of disgraceful. 

Glynn Hobbs should have seen red for a Blatant stamp but instead was only shown a yearlong cars 

even had a player who had come off injured, entering the field of play at one point. 

The second time I have see Saltash this season And this was a belter.  Credit to Saltash for coming from behind to win the game  

12 hours ago, Del Boy said:

Porthleven 0 - 4 Mousehole HT

Watching Mousehole put the sword to Porthleven this evening. Hopefully Porthleven can make a contest of it in the second half as they have been second best so far 

Saw this, could have been 12..4 on chances!

Mousehole quick and slick, with Port standing back too much and letting them play. Short passing from both sides all night with Portleven giving an awful lot of ball away in their own half, what's wrong with  a 50 yard clearance these days?

Mousehole obviously coached to death and very,  very comfortable on the ball, too quick for Portleven all night with some very quick players indeed.

Football league standard,  maybe the number 22 if he improved his final ball.

As a game...not bad I s'pose. 

11 hours ago, Hetty said:

How did Hobbs not get sent off for that Stamp either 

I also saw the highlights. A case of the ref not standing up to strong arm tactics.

Send offenders off when they deserve it otherwise they will continue to rule by thuggery. Refs have the power to control the game, if they want to use it.

The refs all complain there isn't any respect etc anymore, yet when a player can get away with a stamp like that, the players become invincible.  I also took in the St Blazey V Camelford game on the weekend, another fine win for Camelford, but yet again, Bobby Hopkinson didn't exactly cover himself in glory.  His language towards the officials was disgusting and guess what the ref did?  Nothing! So the rod for the refs back was made by himself. They have the means to deal with it and make their job a pleasant one.... no sympathy from me I'm afraid!

Persil - you will know from my comments on the forum I am a Camels supporter but i to thought Bobby was going to get ‘sin binned’ for one outburst in the first half - but there is a massive difference between him and the likes of Glynn Hobbs. Bobby will complain when he feels the referee does not give blatant offences - whilst he is accused of ‘going down easily’, he is invariably not given the foul, even when on most occasions it is a foul (usually coming through from behind as he is virtually impossible to get the ball of fairly). Officials think he should stay on his feet and be kicked -he doesn’t. 

I am not condoning his outburst but it is totally different to Hobbs intentionally stamping on a player - which he does or similar acts, in most games. Sorry to those who will say what a great footballer he is / was, but he is a thug - plain and simple, who scares officials. 

First of all, several very good saves from both keepers.

you wont see a better FK than that on MotD this weekend.

Now, although Mr Gilbert is no angel....hes getting all of the flack for the abuse and outrageous things being said the the officials in that game, his partner in crime Mr Carey is as much to blame and even used the C word during those highlights (Cheat)

i agree that the match day officials should deal with this sort of behaviour and language on the day........but cant the CCFA do something with clear evidence like this?

and as for the stamp........WOW lucky boy.

JW

1 hour ago, Bobjfh said:

Persil - you will know from my comments on the forum I am a Camels supporter but i to thought Bobby was going to get ‘sin binned’ for one outburst in the first half - but there is a massive difference between him and the likes of Glynn Hobbs. Bobby will complain when he feels the referee does not give blatant offences - whilst he is accused of ‘going down easily’, he is invariably not given the foul, even when on most occasions it is a foul (usually coming through from behind as he is virtually impossible to get the ball of fairly). Officials think he should stay on his feet and be kicked -he doesn’t. 

I am not condoning his outburst but it is totally different to Hobbs intentionally stamping on a player - which he does or similar acts, in most games. Sorry to those who will say what a great footballer he is / was, but he is a thug - plain and simple, who scares officials. 

Last paragraph is spot on, most of the players he plays against are petrified of him that's the reason he scores so many goals. Just to add he is a very good player who sadly wasted his talent