Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL Constitution

2 hours ago, Postman Pat said:

We at Redruth United  play on a council pitch and people will tell you it had a bad reputation but we as a club rolled our sleeves up and are continuing each season to make things better

Good for you, well done 👍 

2 hours ago, Postman Pat said:

We at Redruth United  play on a council pitch and people will tell you it had a bad reputation but we as a club rolled our sleeves up and are continuing each season to make things better

Good for you, well done 👍 

2 hours ago, Paul Collings said:

Will it be though ? There seems to be precious little concern/opinion being shown on here.

I am sure it will be. A lot of changes gas happened over the last few days with the new league. Thrown a spanner in the works as well. ECPL,  as well as other leagues in Cornwall,  want to get things sorted sooner rather then later. People have put their options on what MAY happen. All will be revealed at the AGM, and then I am sure on this forum next day  

21 hours ago, Paul Collings said:

I for one still think that the higher up the ladder you go the better the facilities should be.

With ECPL and Duchy being a "Recreational League" and not involved on the "Step" system, Surely ECPL isn't exactly going up the ladder? Just another league set up.

Also, it can't be a football ladder if teams from Duchy Division 2 can leap frog a couple divisions and around 20 teams, especially when not in a promotion place? So surely it's just like applying for any other recreational league if they accept anyone?

If it was a "ladder", the whole of Duchy Prem should move up to make up the numbers, do away with Duchy 4 and promote everybody a league? No more Plymouth teams than what are already here either.

2 hours ago, Whistle Blower said:

Being picky, the Plymouth and District League ceased being a few years ago. It's now the Plymouth and West Devon League and also runs the Sunday League alongside it's Saturday counterpart.

That’s is being picky, it has changed its name so many times over the years though to be fair 

23 hours ago, ChiefBadgers said:

What’s your query regarding facilities at North Petherwin or concerns!??

It's not a personal query - and certainly not intended to cause offence. I was merely querying - IF the ECPL had ground criteria (which in hindsight it doesn't appear to) - whether the facilities, or more specifically the pitch, would be acceptable. My one and only visit to NP may have seen the surface at its worst perhaps! 😜

1 hour ago, Jimmer06 said:

If it was a "ladder", the whole of Duchy Prem should move up to make up the numbers, do away with Duchy 4 and promote everybody a league? No more Plymouth teams than what are already here either.

That's exactly what would have happened if the two Leagues were merged but that hasn't happened and not enough teams from Duchy Prem applied to move up to ECPL; hence teams below the Prem Division are likely to be accepted if they've applied.

1 hour ago, Shouter said:

It's not a personal query - and certainly not intended to cause offence. I was merely querying - IF the ECPL had ground criteria (which in hindsight it doesn't appear to) - whether the facilities, or more specifically the pitch, would be acceptable. My one and only visit to NP may have seen the surface at its worst perhaps! 😜

Perranwell,  St Austell and Looe have pitches which have been listed as being bad, presumably because of the slope. I don't think North Petherwin is that bad in comparison

5 hours ago, Shouter said:

No offence taken just interested into why you said that the post you made earlier of sides already in the league and ones your suggesting that may make up the league have far worse swede fields they call pitches 😬🤪 lots of work happening at Petherwin ambitious committee and squad 

On 31/05/2019 at 17:26, Shouter said:

Whatever you do don’t slag off St Stephens’ “pitch” they get touchy about that. 

8 hours ago, ECPL said:

It seems odd that the Combo league is lavished with praise for surviving yet the ECPL gets lambasted.  Got me on that one.  

Maybe it might be your attitude, being mocking towards, and aggressive about the St Piran League.

Perhaps If you had semi rolled over and just accepted you couldn't change anything you would have garnered some sympathy.

A little bit more decorum and a little less shouting off might have helped your cause.

28 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Maybe it might be your attitude, being mocking towards, and aggressive about the St Piran League.

Perhaps If you had semi rolled over and just accepted you couldn't change anything you would have garnered some sympathy.

A little bit more decorum and a little less shouting off might have helped your cause.

OUCH !!

55 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

😎

Doesn't that normally get a "thug life" comment if it was a Youtube clip?!

On 28/05/2019 at 16:05, Jason Prynne said:

Can"t really get my head around some of this,teams from lower down the duchy league & from Plymouth likely to be in yet St Mawgan who had there best seaon for a long time & doing major ground improvements have had to go into the St Pirans even though one of there players have said to myself they ideally want to be in the ECPL.On a side note a few have asked why St.Stephen haven"t gone St.Pirans & the reasons are other than during the 90mins no one takes it very seriously ,hopefully we will train this season but haven"t bothered with that for 3/4 seasons,looking at the likely line up"s of the 2 leagues the travel for us looks a lot less in the ECPL but we will make the very most of our away days as we always do,when asking the players to vote on which league only 3 wanted St .Pirans so also made the choice a fairly easy one & last up even though we are trying to bring the age of the group down again this season we have a lot who are around the 30 mark & are either self employed & work saturday mornings or a friday & saturday night shift or run youth teams & thas with out the youngsters who are in newquay til 4/5 am on a saturday then trying to get them to the game in good time so hence we"re happy where we are for this season the take a look at the situation again.

I downed a couple of pints with the St Stephen players after a midweek game last season. It's true, they are not too worried about the state of the League they are in as long as they can play and enjoy their footie.

Best of luck with whichever League you play in next year.  

On 31/05/2019 at 19:08, Whistle Blower said:

Perranwell,  St Austell and Looe have pitches which have been listed as being bad, presumably because of the slope. I don't think North Petherwin is that bad in comparison

North Petherwin is by far the worst pitch I’ve played on in my 15 years in men’s football. 

On 02/06/2019 at 03:28, ECPL said:

It seems odd that the Combo league is lavished with praise for surviving yet the ECPL gets lambasted.  Got me on that one.  

Have you read the latest combo threads...? 

They're hardly getting lavished with praise!

cornishteddyboy.    You say: 'Maybe it might be your attitude, being mocking towards, and aggressive about the St Piran League.' 

My whole argument has always been that both the Combo and the ECPL were happy to continue as they are.  Unfortunately this has been forced upon the CCFFA as they have had no option but to carry out their bosses mandate.  You can't blame either league for adopting the status quo.   

It was obvious from the start that including the whole of Cornwall was always going to be a non starter.  So it was back to the drawing board - what did they come up with East and West leagues. If they had thought of that in the first place the clubs would have been able to decide themselves.  As it happens and despite their reservations the clubs decided to accept the offer.  Who can blame them.  They were put over a barrel and had nowhere to go.  So what has changed - basically nothing except a name change.  There is still un ease about the decision but what can the clubs do.  As in the past half of them can't be promoted anyway.  And I have said on many an occasion a club can only go as far as its circumstances allow.    So what was it all about.  It has caused controversy and a huge debate with many people saying , 'why the change'.  Only the FA can answer that.  For footballs sake I hope it works, but wait until next season when the FA come up with another change.  The old adage of what isn't broke don't fix fits perfectly.  .               

1 hour ago, ECPL said:

cornishteddyboy.    You say: 'Maybe it might be your attitude, being mocking towards, and aggressive about the St Piran League.' 

My whole argument has always been that both the Combo and the ECPL were happy to continue as they are.  Unfortunately this has been forced upon the CCFFA as they have had no option but to carry out their bosses mandate.  You can't blame either league for adopting the status quo.   

It was obvious from the start that including the whole of Cornwall was always going to be a non starter.  So it was back to the drawing board - what did they come up with East and West leagues. If they had thought of that in the first place the clubs would have been able to decide themselves.  As it happens and despite their reservations the clubs decided to accept the offer.  Who can blame them.  They were put over a barrel and had nowhere to go.  So what has changed - basically nothing except a name change.  There is still un ease about the decision but what can the clubs do.  As in the past half of them can't be promoted anyway.  And I have said on many an occasion a club can only go as far as its circumstances allow.    So what was it all about.  It has caused controversy and a huge debate with many people saying , 'why the change'.  Only the FA can answer that.  For footballs sake I hope it works, but wait until next season when the FA come up with another change.  The old adage of what isn't broke don't fix fits perfectly.  .               

It wasn’t a non-starter though as it was the clubs who expressed interest and paid fees - more than enough to fill the league. It was only as dates approached that they pulled - the final ones that did so did at the last minute. If the clubs had done their research and made a decision to commit or not, then the ECPL and Combination and subsequent leagues would not find themselves in the position they are in. 

That being said, I admire the respective committees for their passion and commitment to heir leagues in ensuring they are run for the foreseeable future; although I hope avenues are explored to secure them.