Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League and Table, and Cup Results - Saturday/Sunday 2/3 March 2019

59 minutes ago, Harry Pope said:

with that being said, when it comes to the league top scorer at the end of the season, will goals scored against West Cornwall still count towards players totals?

Not by the League but by me yes. When West Cornwall was removed from full-time it removed the goals. I have kept them in.

I know some teams played West Cornwall twice, some once, some no at all, but it is the way it goes. My website which predates full-time by 4 years is an archive and a goal scored is a goal scored even if a team folds part way through a season. 

My site is human not a computer based in London that doesn't realise, goals are goals, to it, everything in black or white. 

4 hours ago, Perran said:

You only need 2-3 match balls for a game. Also maybe if the players keep the balls on the pitch they wouldn't go missing.

This is correct Perran, however they only provided one match ball. I don’t think you can blame the players for kicking the balls out of the lines, a slightly ridiculous comment. I’ll be sure to let the lads know at St Day to keep the ‘one’ ball in the white lines next time, id hate for perranporth to have to fork out a couple quid for new balls. 👀

2 hours ago, Skysportsnews said:

I was just behind you Andy with my friend watching and we both said pass back at the same time. It was played back by the blue player after tackling the yellow. Please don't try and blame the referee for the result I thought he had a very good game, let the game flow and had control for the full 90 plus what felt like an extra 90 for extra time. Watching as a neutral I felt this was one of the better games I've watched this season both teams matched each other but perranwell scored the better goal. A truly wonderful  piece of football. 

I was there also and the ball was played towards Perranwell by a Pendeen player and the Wells keeper decided to retrieve the ball and bring it into the area so he could pick it up !! The ref blew up for an indirect freekick for Pendeen ? Could have changed the game ..... But a point apiece I thought was fair ..

2 hours ago, Skysportsnews said:

I was just behind you Andy with my friend watching and we both said pass back at the same time. It was played back by the blue player after tackling the yellow. Please don't try and blame the referee for the result I thought he had a very good game, let the game flow and had control for the full 90 plus what felt like an extra 90 for extra time. Watching as a neutral I felt this was one of the better games I've watched this season both teams matched each other but perranwell scored the better goal. A truly wonderful  piece of football. 

Noooo... It can't have been a back pass by the Perranwell player. Everyone knows that when something goes wrong in a Perranwell match it's either the refs fault, the oppositions fault, the league's fault, the opposition fans fault or the opposition linos fault. Can't believe that anyone would even suggest that Pendeen drew the game because they matched The Well over 90mins. 

25 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

I was there also and the ball was played towards Perranwell by a Pendeen player and the Wells keeper decided to retrieve the ball and bring it into the area so he could pick it up !! The ref blew up for an indirect freekick for Pendeen ? Could have changed the game ..... But a point apiece I thought was fair ..

If you was also there you would have seen the ball played back by the perranwell defender. This was after tackling the pendeen player and playing it back to the keeper. That was a terrible hospital ball as the pendeen winger was quick to chace  it down and put the goalkeeper under pressure. From what I could make out the ref explained it was a pass back to your four hooligans who surrounded the referee. I'm surprised he didn't book them or your keeper/capt for kicking the ball away at the end. Disgusting from perranwell. You guys really let yourselves and your club down at the end and with all you was saying about penryn last week on here I'd expect better from you. I don't know what your manager was saying to the ref at the end but he didn't look like it was a thank you ref but more like he wanted to fight him. Disappointing end to a great end to end game.

13 minutes ago, Roy D said:

Noooo... It can't have been a back pass by the Perranwell player. Everyone knows that when something goes wrong in a Perranwell match it's either the refs fault, the oppositions fault, the league's fault, the opposition fans fault or the opposition linos fault. Can't believe that anyone would even suggest that Pendeen drew the game because they matched The Well over 90mins. 

Perranwell don't make mistakes.

3 hours ago, Skysportsnews said:

Not blaming anyone for the result, the Well were poor and were thankful to come away with a point, sorry to disagree, but the ball was played by a Pendeen player, hence the query of the decision. As I said, it changed nothing in a game that had too many unnecessary stoppages, hence the amount of added time. Thought Pendeen were unlucky, particularly on the strength of their first half performance, where they dominated, both teams had decent shouts for pens that weren't given but might have been on another day.

3 hours ago, Alf said:

If the defender played it back the it has to be a back pass Andy.

Agreed, but it was played by the opposition, hence the question.

36 minutes ago, Skysportsnews said:

If you was also there you would have seen the ball played back by the perranwell defender. This was after tackling the pendeen player and playing it back to the keeper. That was a terrible hospital ball as the pendeen winger was quick to chace  it down and put the goalkeeper under pressure. From what I could make out the ref explained it was a pass back to your four hooligans who surrounded the referee. I'm surprised he didn't book them or your keeper/capt for kicking the ball away at the end. Disgusting from perranwell. You guys really let yourselves and your club down at the end and with all you was saying about penryn last week on here I'd expect better from you. I don't know what your manager was saying to the ref at the end but he didn't look like it was a thank you ref but more like he wanted to fight him. Disappointing end to a great end to end game.

Perranwell don't make mistakes.

And Perranwell killed Bambi too!

6 hours ago, Dave Bartlam said:

Why aren't games just set as walkovers like every other league in the country? It does all the necessary table adjustments for you and doesn't cause and create confusion.

That would make it more difficult for league officers closely connected with clubs to intervene in their favour. You can't have that. Not in Cornwall ! Next thing you'll be suggesting all should be treated equally ! 

2 hours ago, Roy D said:

2 hours ago, Andys said:

Not blaming anyone for the result, the Well were poor and were thankful to come away with a point, sorry to disagree, but the ball was played by a Pendeen player, hence the query of the decision. As I said, it changed nothing in a game that had too many unnecessary stoppages, hence the amount of added time. Thought Pendeen were unlucky, particularly on the strength of their first half performance, where they dominated, both teams had decent shouts for pens that weren't given but might have been on another day.

Agreed, but it was played by the opposition, hence the question.

And Perranwell killed Bambi too!

Haha killed bambi epic bants. I remember hearing a lot from perranwell have you stopped the watch ref. This was shouted two or three times at least by your manager and every time the ball was out of play. Plus there was a couple times where subs took along time and the four of five injuries that stopped the play. I'd say on a whole it was a good game by all three parties. Pendeen where exceptional in the first half and perranwell matched them in the second half. The referee and linesman all did a solid performance. Finally it was a definite back pass your player tackled the pendeen player and played it back. I thought it was a great tackle. Now on a different note does anyone know how st just got on?

11 hours ago, le boss said:

No sherlock? My point is that the results will be skewed!!

I don't know why my post was deleted but the answer is not necessarily. 

In the SWL and previously in the Combo you played your local rivals on Boxing Day and Easter. If they struggle and leak goals early season by the festive period they will have had time to shore up any dotted line defences.

Likewise a mid table side come April/May with nothing to play for might reshuffle their team and pick positions out of a hat and the top scorer starting in goal. Surely an advantage to their opponents who might need the three points and might gain a healthy goal difference.  It's luck of the draw so no real skewed results.

6 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Can’t believe Perranwell killed Bambi Andy after all the great service he gave to the club over the years!!! 😂👍    Only saw him a couple of weeks ago looking fit and well 😃👍

No mercy at the Well Rappo, you know our reputation! 😜

On 02/03/2019 at 19:22, isaac rosenberg said:

Well done, Tinners. Who got the five gials ? Can somebidyvtell me wherecwe got the two awarded points from ? They don't appear in the FullTime table but we do have an asterisk.???

Porthleven couldn't raise a side Dec 14th 2018 3 points rewarded 

On 03/03/2019 at 12:52, le boss said:

With Perranporth's seeming demise after such a dominant start, it seems that the final league table will not reflect the true story of this year's league. Many teams will now prosper thru good luck of having not played Perranporth until the wheels came off or the money dried up. Such a shame and maybe a team will gain a hollow victory.

Not sure Saturday’s result (first league defeat since September) suggests a demise. We had a scratch squad available  littered with injuries and illness against one of the league’s best. It’s still in our hands.

On 04/03/2019 at 20:39, Mama Sidibe said:

Not sure Saturday’s result (first league defeat since September) suggests a demise. We had a scratch squad available  littered with injuries and illness against one of the league’s best. It’s still in our hands.

Does anyone remember a team going on to win the league after getting battered 6-0 at home?

genuinely interested to know, could it be a first?

On 05/03/2019 at 22:55, InBrendanWeTrust said:

Does anyone remember a team going on to win the league after getting battered 6-0 at home?

genuinely interested to know, could it be a first?

Big game for them to bounce back with tomorrow against heslton, best team I’ve seen in my opinion this year.